• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

GOD - What is the benefit for him/her/it ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear All,

I deeply regrets for posting such a stupid thread. But, need of the day and I thought you all can answer my question. Let me tell you that story behind the question.

a year ago, My organization has arranged a external speech for spirituality subject.

A well known Speaker GURU (I don't want to mention his name, he comes in for TV) had came to our conference hall and started the Lecture with some examples. We all are listening very carefully moreover interesting speech too.

interim he was telling " god has created the world and we are all directed by god only, god is ultimate and without his power this universe can not function"

after two and half hours of lecture, he asked us to raise questions related to the subject, people were asking questions? and he was answering the queries..

Suddenly I raised my hand and asked him " having said that, god has created us and he is directing us, WHAT IS THE BENEFIT HE/SHE/IT is going to get out of it?

I mean why he created ? what is the purpose? Who asked him to create?
after making this world what is the benefit/satisfaction he/she/it is getting?"

Entire hall laughed and I was so serious and waiting for his reply ?

He simply said " we can not tell what is the benefit he is going to get, moreover people are searching for that only !!"

and he left with the smile..!!!

perhaps he is right but I am not satisfied with the answer & the reason being I put it forward in front of all ...

To be honest with you, I am not an atheist but I really want to know the truth behind God.

Regards
Ashok

Suddenly I raised my hand and asked him " having said that, god has created us and he is directing us, WHAT IS THE BENEFIT HE/SHE/IT is going to get out of it?

I mean why he created ? what is the purpose? Who asked him to create?
after making this world what is the benefit/satisfaction he/she/it is getting?"

Regards
Ashok

You know I have read once before that it was God's Desireless Desire to Create.
Shall we start by defining Desireless Desire?

Note: I have shifted the song I posted earlier to Tamil Song Section.

Last edited:
Room pottu yosippingalo? Mandaiyai piithukkolla vaithuvitteer iyya neevir....

He simply said " we can not tell what is the benefit he is going to get, moreover people are searching for that only !!"

and he left with the smile..!!!

Ashok

Actually the Swamiji had already given you the answer.

He was telling you that to get such the answer you have to start searching for the Truth and that is where all the Vicara (Enquiry) starts and we embark on a spiritual journey.
The time tested way the ancient sages went through to find the answer to what started it all.

Yeah of course Mam!!!

What is meant by DESIRELESS DESIRE????

You know I have read once before that it was God's Desireless Desire to Create.
Shall we start by defining Desireless Desire?

Note: I have shifted the song I posted earlier to Tamil Song Section.

till today nobody found the truth??

OK let us leave that aside.

As far as your concern, you answer my question ...???

Actually the Swamiji had already given you the answer.

He was telling you that to get such the answer you have to start searching for the Truth and that is where all the Vicara (Enquiry) starts and we embark on a spiritual journey.
The time tested way the ancient sages went through to find the answer to what started it all.

Yeah of course Mam!!!

What is meant by DESIRELESS DESIRE????

Ok lets begin.

You see as human we are bound by our Ahamkara(I am the doer ship) feeling and attribute most of our success to ourselves(but blame God for everything else!!LOL wonder why Ahamkara doesnt claim failure??)

Each desire comes out from our mind which is still under the spell of Maya.
So each desire kick starts the sequence of Act--Consequence--Act and Lo behold!! we have created Karma.

How to get over this?? is to preform duty without attaching desire for the fruits of it... the famous "Karmanyevaadhi Karaste Maa Phaleshu Kadacana"

Now coming to Desireless Desire is actually almost impossible for us humans to define.
The only way is to tap into the mind of God.

How do you tap into the mind of God?

By the time tested ways of Yama,Niyama,Asana,Pranayama,Pratyahara,Dharana,
Dhyana,Samadhi(Patanjali's Eightfold Path of Yoga)

Samadhi means
Sama=Equal
Dhi=Intellect/Mindness
Samadhi means Equal Mindness the state where we merge with God.
Then we will find the answer to Desireless Desire cos at that time we will be reading OUR own Mind.(Aham Brahmaasmi)

What I am trying to say is..the answers are all out there for each question but how many of us can actually follow Patanjali's Yoga to reach the state of Samadhi.

Its not an easy journey for most of us but since this question came in your mind why dont you try to explore more?

Last edited:
I have gone through oxford dictionary for some of your words ....!!! hehehehehe

"Karmanyevaadhi Karaste Maa Phaleshu Kadacana"

Aham Brahmaasm

Patanjali's Yoga

So each desire kick starts the sequence of Act--Consequence--Act and Lo behold!!

-

enakku payama irukku :)

as vadivelu said """" en madam vanthu ninnathu kuthama ???"""

Liked because, I came to know some new words thats why ..!!!

I have gone through oxford dictionary for some of your words ....!!! hehehehehe

enakku payama irukku :)

as vadivelu said """" en madam vanthu ninnathu kuthama ???"""

Liked because, I came to know some new words thats why ..!!!

Dont be scared dear...you have to ask what you dont know.

BTW...hey you didnt see the movie Naan Kadavul? there Arya was going on repeating Aham Brahmaasmi non stop.
Aham =I
Brahmaasmi=Am Brahman.

Brahman means God for all practical purposes(I wont go into details).

Karmanyevadhikaraste line is from Bhagavad Geeta.

Patanjali Yoga sutras I had listed out for you the 8 fold path there..you would have seen it online by now I am sure.

Desire kicks start Act--Consequence--Act..I was talking about Karma.

Desire arises from our mind and we act according to it and then we are bound by our actions and we have created Karma.

For example : A person desires money..he thinks "lets rob a bank" and he robs a bank and he has created Karma of stealing in that process.

Now you understand what I was trying to say?

Onnume puraiyaley ulagathile? ennamo nadakkuthu vazkayile? Ellam maya, maya. The athmas not united with god should be given birth hence god created world. God is the creator, ..destroyer. To put it in lay man's language you prepare to eat and for eating you have to prepare. This is a vicious circle.

ithukku renuka madame paravallai....!!!! :p

:)

:bathbaby:

una
ble to satisfy my question !!!

Onnume puraiyaley ulagathile? ennamo nadakkuthu vazkayile? Ellam maya, maya. The athmas not united with god should be given birth hence god created world. God is the creator, ..destroyer. To put it in lay man's language you prepare to eat and for eating you have to prepare. This is a vicious circle.

Dear Ashok,

God exists => We exist. That is, it is naturally that way. God is one level of reality while we are another though eventually both are the same.

I need a "vettu onnu, thundu rendu" answer...!!!

Dear Folks come and solve my query....!!!

Ha ha ha!! you are funny.

Its like this:

Vettu is One, Thundu is Two!! thats how all our problems started.

What was originally One became many and now you are trying to solve the mystery.
Eko'ham Bahusyam(I am One and I became Many)

So dont think of why and who started the first Vettu...try to think how to fuse the Rendu Thundus.

Last edited:
Dear Ashok,

God exists => We exist. That is, it is naturally that way. God is one level of reality while we are another though eventually both are the same.

Yes Sravna,

I was waiting for you to come to this thread..now either we guide him or confuse him?
What say you?LOL!! (Just kidding)

Sravna ji,

by taking your words, is GOD and We are same ???

I mean gender of the god is also MALE / FEMALE ???

if both are same, what is the benefit that god is going to get???

Dear Ashok,

Sravna ji,

Ambi....

You know you are also female yaar...Shocked???

God is the only Purusha(Male principle) and everything else is born from Prakirti(Female Principle).

BTW In Geeta Lord Krishna said the Atman is neither Male,Female nor Neuter.

Anyway do you always do things only for benefit??

I asked this question to one gentleman who does Pooja (PATTAR) in SHIV temple. He is around 75 Years old and very calm and composed man.

He told me "god can not be defined as a gender form (like male or female), IT is there in the earth. In terms of something like your study,mother, father & you.

did you ever said " nalla nerathula kadavul maathiri vanthu ennai paarthikkittanga ? " that feeling, that is GOD.!!

then I asked " then why are you doing these pooja and all ?? "

He said " I loves, thats reason I am doing "

I was not forcing him, because he might have annoyed with me...!!!

- Additional info to this search!!!

Sravna ji,

Dear Ashok,

It is the way reality is. It operates at different levels. Both exist together. It is like a big cube being formed of a large number of smaller cubes. both exist together, don't they? Only differnce is that if the cubes had consciousness, the consciousness of the smaller ones will evolve and merge with the bigger one.

Renuka,

Enough to make him think and get confused?

Dear Ashok,

You know go out and fall in Love(Lovvu) that will make you understand God better cos Love gives you that Kickku and the feeling(Bhava) of attachment that is ever so fulfilling.

Once you are saturated with worldly Love you will desire it no more..then you will search for the True Love that never changes and thats God!!!

See where can you get such good advise that too from so many people here???

Renu Mam,

ithu enna puthup puraliya irukku...!!!!!

then Lakshmi (Lord Vishnuu wife) is MALE / FEMALE ???

the context, let me put this into perspective,benefit mean outcome of particular act. As a every individual will have some sort of pleassure/satisfaction/benefit by doing some activity...

we are going to watch a movie !! then what is the benefit out of it - indivitual happiness, satisfaction ...

like that I am saying???

naangalum counter argue pannuvom ?!!??

Ambi....

God is the only Purusha(Male principle) and everything else is born from Prakirti(Female Principle).

BTW In Geeta Lord Krishna said the Atman is neither Male,Female nor Neuter.

Anyway do you always do things only for benefit??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back