• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

GOD - What is the benefit for him/her/it ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
neenga adikkirathu oru pachai mannai, pullapoochi...!!

:(

Dear Ashok,

It is the way reality is. It operates at different levels. Both exist together. It is like a big cube being formed of a large number of smaller cubes. both exist together, don't they? Only differnce is that if the cubes had consciousness, the consciousness of the smaller ones will evolve and merge with the bigger one.

Renuka,

Enough to make him think and get confused?

ithukke inga puluthila vittu peratraanga !! naan poi love pannavam !!!

athu eppadinu sollunga " FALL IN LOVE" ???? athu enna kinaru ah vilarathukku ???

naan escape...!!!

becoz : தமிழனின் அடையாளங்களை தேடும் முயற்சியில்......!!!

LOLZ

Dear Ashok,

You know go out and fall in Love(Lovvu) that will make you understand God better cos Love gives you that Kickku and the feeling(Bhava) of attachment that is ever so fulfilling.

Renu Mam,

ithu enna puthup puraliya irukku...!!!!!

then Lakshmi (Lord Vishnuu wife) is MALE / FEMALE ???

the context, let me put this into perspective,benefit mean outcome of particular act. As a every individual will have some sort of pleassure/satisfaction/benefit by doing some activity...

we are going to watch a movie !! then what is the benefit out of it - indivitual happiness, satisfaction ...

like that I am saying???

naangalum counter argue pannuvom ?!!??

Yes Vishnu represents Male Principle(Purusha) and Lakshmi represents Female Principle(Prakirti).

We are all products of Prakirti hence termed the Feminine Principle.

But thats just the Saguna aspect of God(ha ha ha) getting confused?
Saguna Brahman(God with attributes).
Ultimate form of God is Nirguna Brahman(Beyond Attributes) and that Form is neither Male,Female nor Neuter.

I think even in Srimad Bhagavatam there is a conversation where Radha was denied entry to some place cos she was told that Females are not allowed and Radha told to the person who denied her entry when "Only Lord Krishna is Purusha and everyone else Prakirti who is not female?"

You know what why dont you start reading Bhagavad Geeta(even if you had read before you can start again)..start with one shloka a day and try to understand what is written.
Thats like a magic book it has all answers to your question especially your "whats the benefit" question.

Shri Ashokindeed sir,

You are barking up the wrong tree by putting such highly intelligent queries in this forum, I think. fyi, I am an occasional visitor here and today I am able to post so late at night thanks to the courtesy of an acquaintance.

Once again, this forum is full of members who are vociferous in showing off their learning and "brahminness" and if there was a scale similar to the richter scale for measuring 'brahminness' they would measure more than 10 easily, each one of them - such earth-shaking brahmins/brahmin-pretenders!

The வெட்டு ஒண்ணு துண்டு ரெண்டு answer you want is that your life is the god of the believers. This life is in you, me, and every other living thing. Just as gravity functions as a ஜட சக்தி, this life also functions without expecting any benefit or reward. But curiously this simple force of nature got converted into one of the best money-making businesses of the world with God as the only item to be marketed.

Unable to know the truth and firm in their own brain-washed state, many of the honourable members here will advocate different theories, all cooked up - from 'desireless desire' to 'different levels of reality' till you go bonkers.

With continued practice a person can understand/experience the life force functioning within him/her and what makes him/her the real person as different from the unaffected life inside. Try and you will also succeed. Only, be careful not to be misled by anyone else. Wishing you all the best!

Shri Ashokindeed sir,

You are barking up the wrong tree by putting such highly intelligent queries in this forum, I think. fyi, I am an occasional visitor here and today I am able to post so late at night thanks to the courtesy of an acquaintance.

Once again, this forum is full of members who are vociferous in showing off their learning and "brahminness" and if there was a scale similar to the richter scale for measuring 'brahminness' they would measure more than 10 easily, each one of them - such earth-shaking brahmins/brahmin-pretenders!

The வெட்டு ஒண்ணு துண்டு ரெண்டு answer you want is that your life is the god of the believers. This life is in you, me, and every other living thing. Just as gravity functions as a ஜட சக்தி, this life also functions without expecting any benefit or reward. But curiously this simple force of nature got converted into one of the best money-making businesses of the world with God as the only item to be marketed.

Unable to know the truth and firm in their own brain-washed state, many of the honourable members here will advocate different theories, all cooked up - from 'desireless desire' to 'different levels of reality' till you go bonkers.

With continued practice a person can understand/experience the life force functioning within him/her and what makes him/her the real person as different from the unaffected life inside. Try and you will also succeed. Only, be careful not to be misled by anyone else. Wishing you all the best!

Dear Sarmaji,

Long time no see and loved your TSUNAMI of words to Ashok.

My dear just to clear the doubt..I didnt cook up the Desireless Desire terminology.

I have read that before from a text but I cant remember which text.
Even Bhakti sometimes is classified under this category called Ahetuki Bhakti
(Desireless Bhakti).

I am not all that learned but I dont mind helping out anyone with whatever I know so that everyone of us can learn by Q and A and also by trial and error.

Dear SarmaJi..I dont know who you are referring to as Brahmin Pretender.
But please count me out of that category cos I view my life as just being myself and not really concerned about being any specific caste.

When we pretend to be any other caste which we are not eg a Non Brahmin pretending to be a a Brahmin or vice versa that only insults our own father.

So one should not do Adharma in anyway by pretending to be what they are not.
After all its Mata,Pita,Guru,Deivam.
I dont see Jati or Varna anywhere in that line.

I only know one caste and thats the Caste of Humanity.

Last edited:
Shri Ashokindeed sir,

Sounds like it doesn't include you. Either you are citing from the vedas or you think your word is as authoratative as the vedas?

Dear Ashok, Greetings.

I refer to Sowbagyavathy Renuka's message in post #8.

Desireless desire - பற்று அற்ற நிலை.

Example - I go to work quite regularly. It is my desire to have an employment. But if I am not so keen about my wages; if I am not keen even to check whether I am getting paid or not ( due to my financial sufficiency), then my desire to go to work is desireless desire. ( One may argue I shouldn't work so that someone in need may take that position. But, that is a different base not connected to the point at hand).

example - I love to get drunk during breaks. Say for example, I bought the booze, all the preparations are done for cashew nut side dish, great food is getting prepared and I am about to open the bottle of Jack Daniels. Now, it is my desire to get drunk in style. I have done all the required preparations for that. But I am really bent upon it. If my daughter rings and requests me if I could pick her up from her friend's place later in the night, my desire to get drunk goes out of the window. I lose my desire to drink and think nothing of it. So, my desire to get drunk was a desireless desire.

The state of Samadhi - It is the state where the mind is completely at peace. It is very hard to keep one's mind at peace. Some kind of thought always goes through the mind. We human beings have not learned to live in peace at all. ..... but, sometimes I find myself completely at peace when I am drunk. In other words, when I am drunk at the right level, my body, all my muscle and tissues get completely relaxed; most of the time, I would be listening to some great songs and my mind stays at peace. But that is only drug induced peace.... Samadhi is such a similar peace of mind that would occur spantaneously.

Cheers!

:welcome: Raghy Sir!

நீங்கள் சொன்னதை வேத வாக்காக எடுத்துக்கொண்டு, சமாதி நிலைக்கு நிகர் 'குடி மகன்' நிலை என்று

எல்லோரும் ஆரம்பித்துவிடப் போகிறார்கள்! :flock:

My two cents:

இறைவன் / இறைவியர் மனித இனத்தால் உருவாக்கப்பட்டவர்கள். உலகம் முழுதும் இறைவனால் படைக்கபட்டது

என்றும், இறைவனே காக்கின்றான் என்றும், இறைவனே அழிக்கின்றான் என்றும் நம்புகிறோம். ஏன் இத்தனை

கடவுளர் என்றால், ஒவ்வொருவரும் விரும்பியவரைத் தேர்ந்தெடுத்து வழிபடலாம் என்பதற்காக. எல்லா இனிப்புப்

பண்டங்களும் இனிப்பையே அடிப்படையாகக் கொண்டாலும், ஒவ்வொருவரும் வெவ்வேறு இனிப்புப் பண்டங்களை

விரும்புவார்கள் அல்லவா? மனத்தில் நம்பிக்கை இருந்தால் நம் பணிகள் சிறப்பாக நடக்கும். அந்த நம்பிக்கை

மேம்பட இறைவன் உதவுகின்றான்! சிலர் நாஸ்திகராக இருந்தும் உலகில் வெல்கின்றாரே என்று யோசித்தால்,

அவர்களுக்குத் தன் மீதே அபார நம்பிக்கை இருப்பதுதான் காரணம்! ஆனால்
ஆஸ்திகர்களுக்கு ஒரு வசதி உண்டு!

ஏனெனில், சில சமயங்களில் எத்தனை பாடுபட்டாலும் சில பணிகள் நடக்கவே நடக்காது. அப்போது பழி போட

யாரேனும் வேண்டும் அல்லவா? அதற்கும் இறைவனே இருக்கின்றான்!

இறைவன் பற்று இல்லாத நிலை கொண்டவனாக வர்ணிக்கப்படுவதால், அவன் ஆதாயம் எதுவும் எதிர்பார்க்காது

உதவுகிறான்; இதுவும் நம் நம்பிக்கைதான்! அதனால் திருவள்ளுவர் எழுதுகின்றார்,

'பற்றுக பற்றற்றான் பற்றினை அப்பற்றைப்

பற்றுக பற்று விடற்கு' என்று.

நமக்கு ஆசைகள் அற்றுப் போக வேண்டுமானால், ஆசைகளே இல்லாத இறைவனின் பாதங்களைப் பற்ற வேண்டும்.

ஏன் ஆசைகளை அற்றுப் போக வேண்டும் என்றால், ஆசைதான் அழிவுக்குக் காரணம். இதில் அழிவை மன
நிம்மதியின் அழிவு என்றும் கொள்ளலாம்! :peace:

Dear Ashok, Greetings.

Example - I go to work quite regularly. It is my desire to have an employment. But if I am not so keen about my wages; if I am not keen even to check whether I am getting paid or not ( due to my financial sufficiency), then my desire to go to work is desireless desire. ( One may argue I shouldn't work so that someone in need may take that position. But, that is a different base not connected to the point at hand).

example - I love to get drunk during breaks. Say for example, I bought the booze, all the preparations are done for cashew nut side dish, great food is getting prepared and I am about to open the bottle of Jack Daniels. Now, it is my desire to get drunk in style. I have done all the required preparations for that. But I am really bent upon it. If my daughter rings and requests me if I could pick her up from her friend's place later in the night, my desire to get drunk goes out of the window. I lose my desire to drink and think nothing of it. So, my desire to get drunk was a desireless desire.

The state of Samadhi - It is the state where the mind is completely at peace. It is very hard to keep one's mind at peace. Some kind of thought always goes through the mind. We human beings have not learned to live in peace at all. ..... but, sometimes I find myself completely at peace when I am drunk. In other words, when I am drunk at the right level, my body, all my muscle and tissues get completely relaxed; most of the time, I would be listening to some great songs and my mind stays at peace. But that is only drug induced peace.... Samadhi is such a similar peace of mind that would occur spantaneously.

Cheers!

Dear Raghy Ji,

Oh Oh Kickku Eaeruthae!!!

ohoho kicku yerudhe
ohoho vetkam ponadhe

uLLukkuley nyaanam oorudhe
uNNmai ellaam solla thonudhe

verum kampangali thinnavanum mannukkuLLa
ada thangapaspam thinnavanum mannukkuLLa

indha vaazhkai vaazha thaan
naam pirakkayil kaiyil enna kondu vandhom kondhu sella?
(ohoho..)

paNaththai pooti vaithai
vairathai pooti vaithai
uyirai poota edhu pootu?

kuzhandhai nyaani, indha iruvarai thavira
inge sugamaai iruppadhu yaar kaatu

jeevan irukkummattum
vaazhkai namadhumattum

idhudhaan nyaanasidhdhar paatu
indha bhoomi samam namakku

nam theruvukkuL
madasandai jaadhidsandai vambyerdharkku?
(ohoho...)

thaayai therndhekkum
thandhayai therndhekkum

urimai unnidhathil illai
mugaththai therndhekkum

niraththai therndhekkum
urimai unnidhathil illai

pirappai therndhekkum
irappai therndhekkum

urimai unnidhathil illai
eNNi paarkkum vELaiyil

un vaazhkai mattum
undhan kaiyil undu
adhai vendridu!

Last edited:
Then, people are seeing GOD after consuming liquor or What ???

OK, I am not asking how to see/ feel God, my question is very fundamental ... ??

As Raji mam said, God only created & protecting this world.. !! Who asked him to do that ?? What is the outcome / satisfaction is going to get???

in continuation of Raji mam`s post, there are different gods are there, so that people can choose & pray whomever they likes.

taking this point into consideration, if GOD is having Children / Wife (Lord Shiv`s Son Murugan & vinaayagar) therefore God is also like a Human being only right ???

Most of the people believes/ affirms, God can understand only language, that is SANSKRIT, is that true ???

If it is true, How can he/she/it understand other languages..!!!

lot of mysteries...

!!!!

Dear Ashok, Greetings.

Shri Raghy sir,

Normally a well-to-do person going for any job will have no involvement or sincerity in whatever he/she does at the workplace. Either it is a case of the top man's son/son-in-law/daughter getting familiarized with the factory or office which he/she is to head very shortly as the owner/top boss, or it is a case similar to the late sanjay gandhi getting his automobile engg degree (?) as a prelude to starting his prestige Maruti Car factory.

If the desireless desire of the God comes under such types, then the God will be as good as Sanjay Gandhi or the MD's son, sil, or d; that God wants to be the boss soon.

This example, imho, is irrelevant to your first point and completely misplaced. It was not a desireless desire that you wanted to booze, but the overriding importance of picking up your daughter and reaching her home safely without any accidents, has made the original "desirefullest desire" to recede till you bring your daughter home.

Cheers!

First of all drunken insensitivity or numbness of mind is not what the Yoga people call "samaadhi"; it is sam+aadhi, samAdheeyatE cittam asmin iti samaadhi:, the mind has been fully concentrated on this (God, or Atman, whatever); the drunkard is not at all focussed on anything except perhaps his next draught.

BTW, Adisankara does not talk about samAdhi as a good means of attaining even AtmajnAna by us ordinary mortals; so I don't know how God will reach the so-called state of desireless desire! Anyway, the Upanishad says that God "desired" (soakaamayata) and does not say that it was a desireless desire.

Then, people are seeing GOD after consuming liquor or What ???

OK, I am not asking how to see/ feel God, my question is very fundamental ... ??

As Raji mam said, God only created & protecting this world.. !! Who asked him to do that ?? What is the outcome / satisfaction is going to get???

in continuation of Raji mam`s post, there are different gods are there, so that people can choose & pray whomever they likes.

taking this point into consideration, if GOD is having Children / Wife (Lord Shiv`s Son Murugan & vinaayagar) therefore God is also like a Human being only right ???

Most of the people believes/ affirms, God can understand only language, that is SANSKRIT, is that true ???

If it is true, How can he/she/it understand other languages..!!!

lot of mysteries...

!!!!

Dear Ashokindeed,

You are a very curious student indeed, seriously seeking answers in your efforts to find the Mystic Truth.

I started introspecting, realizing deep with me, attending few discourses, reading few books, discussing with few knowledgeable elderly people etc..etc, from my age of 16. And now at this point of time, I do have some of the questions to be clarified. But could grasp that a great deal of Saadhna/Tapsya is must, going in isolation out of this desirous and materialistic world would be the only way to get the answers to the heart content.

But fortunately or unfortunately I couldn't give up my life in this so called fascinating world of desires, materials, relationship, so called upward mobility, progress etc..etc...etc...At the same time since I have my own deep rooted interest in Spirituality with all my belief in Brahman, my materialistic life is sailing having Spirituality as captain of the ship.

By your Avatar pic, I guess your age must be between 27 and 30 years and by the way you keep insisting the members here to give you a clear "Vettu Ondru..Thundu Rendru" answer to your questions, I get an impression that you have started introspecting all these Metaphysical complex realities only recently and expecting such a clear and straight forward answers from the folks here who all are living a life of better survival to fulfill all the human needs of the self and the people associated with the self.

God is omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient. Pondering on which language he can understand and which he can not is totally meaningless. Spirituality is not just a subject like Maths, Physics, Chemistry etc.etc... It is the energy beyond all the potent energies and need not to have a clear cut formula and spoken language to tap it and gain from it.

All that "you" as an individual, think, act and react with your sense of righteousness is enough to tap the all pervading spiritual energies to support you and get you anything that you may be needing to help yourself, even without any rational and logical comprehension of yourself and others.

Dear Ashok,

Read my post again, slowly! Theists created God and believe that God created the universe!

An atheist believes that his success is the outcome of his efficiency where as a theist believes

that his success is God's blessing and his failure is God's wrath / anger!!
icon3.png

Respected Mr. Ravi,

As you correctly said, I really would like to know the information and details about our Hindu Mythology.

I am not an atheist, to be frank with you, I believe HINDUISM so much. As not a religion it teaches "how to lead our life" simply its a way of life. In spite of learning such things, there are some contradictory beliefs/mysteries are behind. (which I feel)

While coming to the subject which I posted,these questions were there from my childhood, I was literally searching it from many elderly people & through some books, to be honest with you, till today no body has explained me??

whenever I visit any temple, these questions will come into the picture. Therefore, I am unable to concentrate on prayer.

I am only 22 years old. May be this can be a problem of rising such a stupid question.

What do you think ???

:)

Regards
Ashok

Dear Ashokindeed,

You are a very curious student indeed, seriously seeking answers in your efforts to find the Mystic Truth.

I started introspecting, realizing deep with me, attending few discourses, reading few books, discussing with few knowledgeable elderly people etc..etc, from my age of 16. And now at this point of time, I do have some of the questions to be clarified. But could grasp that a great deal of Saadhna/Tapsya is must, going in isolation out of this desirous and materialistic world would be the only way to get the answers to the heart content.

But fortunately or unfortunately I couldn't give up my life in this so called fascinating world of desires, materials, relationship, so called upward mobility, progress etc..etc...etc...At the same time since I have my own deep rooted interest in Spirituality with all my belief in Brahman, my materialistic life is sailing having Spirituality as captain of the ship.

By your Avatar pic, I guess your age must be between 27 and 30 years and by the way you keep insisting the members here to give you a clear "Vettu Ondru..Thundu Rendru" answer to your questions, I get an impression that you have started introspecting all these Metaphysical complex realities only recently and expecting such a clear and straight forward answers from the folks here who all are living a life of better survival to fulfill all the human needs of the self and the people associated with the self.

God is omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient. Pondering on which language he can understand and which he can not is totally meaningless. Spirituality is not just a subject like Maths, Physics, Chemistry etc.etc... It is the energy beyond all the potent energies and need not to have a clear cut formula and spoken language to tap it and gain from it.

All that "you" as an individual, think, act and react with your sense of righteousness is enough to tap the all pervading spiritual energies to support you and get you anything that you may be needing to help yourself, even without any rational and logical comprehension of yourself and others.

Then Please answer my question as theist ???

I do not know, you are theist or atheist but still ...???!!!

Dear Ashok,

Read my post again, slowly! Theists created God and believe that God created the universe!

An atheist believes that his success is the outcome of his efficiency where as a theist believes

that his success is God's blessing and his failure is God's wrath / anger!!
icon3.png

Dear Sowbagyavathy Renuka, Greetings.

What a selection of song! Hats off!

padayappa kikku song - YouTube

( I haven't reached there yet..... but, soon! Tonight is my night off.. my daughter has taken the car!).

Cheers!

Dear Raghy Ji,

I was showing my father your post and his eyes grew big for a while and then he started smiling after reading fully what you wrote.

Than he started laughing when he saw the song I had pasted for you!!LOL

Respected Mr. Ravi,

As you correctly said, I really would like to know the information and details about our Hindu Mythology.

I am not an atheist, to be frank with you, I believe HINDUISM so much. As not a religion it teaches "how to lead our life" simply its a way of life. In spite of learning such things, there are some contradictory beliefs/mysteries are behind. (which I feel)

While coming to the subject which I posted,these questions were there from my childhood, I was literally searching it from many elderly people & through some books, to be honest with you, till today no body has explained me??

whenever I visit any temple, these questions will come into the picture. Therefore, I am unable to concentrate on prayer.

I am only 22 years old. May be this can be a problem of rising such a stupid question.

What do you think ???

:)

Regards
Ashok

Dear Ashok,

Excuse me for such a wild guess of your age, with what ever I could see in your Avatar.

Any attempt to know the Mystic Truth correctly may sound Stupid. But it's not so, IMO. So go ahead without any hesitations to keep pondering, keep questioning and try to reach to the near possible convincing answers. As indicated by other members too, deep self introspection with basic information/knowledge would help to embark on a journey of fact finding till we die.

Still, it would not be enough to know what is what in black and white, living this life of accomplishments along with similar humans. All we can have is- realizing and accepting the existence of Metaphysical realities in our world of survival and continue to enjoy our spirituality with love and devotion.

So when ever you visit temple, don't feel that you can not pray properly unless you could know if God is Male or Female? If God understands Sanskrit or any other language and worrying how can you communicate to him to get your prayers across? God having wife, son, daughter etc..etc. would be just similar to mere mortal humans? Is the God in the temple happy with the quantity and quality of the "Naivediyam" offered to him? When the God in the temple is not eating the Naivediyam, than why to prepare and offer him? etc..etc...etc.., such that you lose your interest, concentration and peace and start thinking yourself as a fool.

When you believe in GOD and spirituality just continue with it and keep all your doubts off mind while indulging in spirituality at home and in temples and try to remain focused to feel the pleasure & satisfaction.

1. I mean why he created ? 2. What is the purpose? 3. Who asked him to create?
4. After making this world what is the benefit/satisfaction he/she/it is getting?"
1. We theists believe that God created the universe.

2. Theists and atheists can fight!

3. No one. Refer to answer 1.

4. God is supposed to bless us and not supposed to get any benefit.
The poojas we perform are supposed to give Him satisfaction! :hail:

Dear Raghy Ji,

I was showing my father your post and his eyes grew big for a while and then he started smiling after reading fully what you wrote.

Than he started laughing when he saw the song I had pasted for you!!LOL

Sowbagyavathy Renuka, I was honoured!

"Desireless desire!"..... That was brilliant! I would be explaining that to my daughter. Sometimes, the amount of philosophy flows in this web site is just brilliant!

Cheers!

I believe that everything happens in Brahman (God). There is nothing other than Brahman. So even our fight is in Brahman.
Just as everything happens in space. We pot space can fight all we want, but when the pot is broken the space remains the same. Does space requires the pot, not at all. Similarly the brahman is there whether human are there or not.
The life cycle is purely for the jivaatma, and is controlled by our karmas.

Last edited:
சிறு துரும்பும் பல் குத்த உதவும். துரும்பை கேட்டால் பதில் சொல்லுமா? சொல்லாது. மனதை கேட்டால் பதில் கிடைக்கும். நீண்ட முயற்சிக்குப்பின். வாழ்க்கையில் எத்தனையோ கேள்விகள் முளைக்கின்றன. இது கடைசி கேள்வி. To be helpful to others!

Sri Ashok -

I tend to browse some of the posts over the weekend and this thread with many responses caught my attention.

My sense, though I may be wrong, is that you are not satisfied with any of the responses so far. Sometimes a deceptively simple question may reveal what we know and and do not know. I have no 'desire' to add one more response that is unsatisfactory though let me share some observations

I think Sri Sarma-61 posts (#29, #37) are more reasonable in my view though I tend to have different reasons as to why members here eagerly like to provide responses. I truly think they want to help others with their questions. But there is more :)

Having lived outside India for a very long time I learned something about Indian psyche and need to help from the eyes of a foreigner to India.
Let me quote not just my experience but from some blogs that illustrate the point I am trying to make.

In this post targeted towards tourists in India

"we encourage participants to ask locals for directions as it often deepens the experience (though we do warn that everybody will want to give directions, even if they don’t know them, so ask five people and go the direction that the majority of them point to)!"

and in this site

" It is rare to hear an Indian refuse to offer help or a service, which sometimes can cause trouble. For example, if you asked a person for directions, you will probably get a confident answer even if he did not know the way – just so you would not be disappointed. Only after trying to follow his directions unsuccessfully will you realize that he was as clueless as you were, to begin with. Then you will be faced with the problem of having to ask someone else for help, at the risk of being led, once again, on a wild goose chase."

Asking directions to get from one place to another or asking for clarity for answers to significant topics (like the visitor speaker you referred to ) may not always produce desirable results in my view :)

We all have a view of God based on how we are raised and what our own life experience had been.
Your question as to what benefit does this God derive in making this creations etc has several assumptions about your world view.
I would examine those assumptions first. That there is a creation is a not a given. That there is a benefit to any action may be due to your world view.

Your question may also imply you are separate from that God.
Also what kind of answer would be considered satisfactory. You may want to think about that. How much effort are you willing to put to get your answer ...

Depending on your answers to some such questions there is an explanation that will seem reasonable and logical to you.

Let me illustrate my point with an example and close.

If a child asks about sun setting , and stars at night in the sky we may give a simple answer like , sun sets in the evening and that stars are 'twinkling stars' which are wonderful creations.

Someone that asks why is sun moving around you might explain that it is the earth that is actually moving and that there are billions of stars that are bigger than our Sun which is a star also though they dont look like those twinkling stars. It is possible to get into study of astronomy, physics etc.

If someone has more questions about fundamental nature of matter, why all these came about then one has to learn about nature of physical laws.

For deeper questions one has to delve into nature of space and time itself ...

All the best in your search ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back