• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

God does exist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although i substantially agree with your point, my point of disagreement is only in respect of the part of the sentence given in italics and underlined.

My view is that like the slokA 'sarvadevaH namaskAraH keSavam pratigacChathi" all threads invariably levitate towards supposed brahmin attrocities on all other jAtis or varNAs etc. right from the dinosaur age.

It is rightly said, "குற்றமுள்ள நெஞ்சு குறுகுறுக்கும்." (a guilty mind always thinks of the guilt and rumbles).

God is brahmin. Dinosaur was brahmin (because it survived gobbling up every thing). So God was dinosaur..........
Dear Raju Sir,

Thanks for enlightening me!
icon3.png

Now I know: "God WAS a dinosaur and IS a brahmin". :decision:

P.S: There were many varieties of dinosaurs too.

myfirstdinosaurposter.jpg

Picture courtesy: Google images.

I think this post went for 'inspection' and appeared late!

Many of our dear members might have missed it. Hence this help!

P.S: Please do not brand this as 'kombu cheevaRadhu'!! :lol:

Thanks Raji Ram!!

There is not one soul in this Forum who debated my post.

Had I mentioned 'God is Muslim' or 'God is Christian' or 'God is a Chandala', perhaps it would have opened a Pandora's Box of debates and arguments.

After all did not Shiva disguise as a Chandala and appear to Adi Sankara when he encountered him in Kaasi!!

Is there any instance of God having disguised as brahmin?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by nageshmahadevan

god is brahmin.

As far as I know in the Geeta Lord Krishna never said "Among the Varnas..I am a Brahmana"

Check out the list below:

0. I am the Self, O Gudakesha, seated in the hearts of all beings! I am the beginning, the middle and also the end of all beings.

21. Among the (twelve) Adityas, I am Vishnu; among the luminaries, the radiant sun; I am Marichi among the (seven or forty-nine) Maruts; among stars the moon am I.

22. Among the Vedas I am the Sama Veda; I am Vasava among the gods; among the senses I am the mind; and I am intelligence among living beings.
23. And, among the Rudras I am Shankara; among the Yakshas and Rakshasas, the Lord of wealth (Kubera); among the Vasus I am Pavaka (fire); and among the (seven) mountains I am the Meru.

24. And, among the household priests (of kings), O Arjuna, know Me to be the chief, Brihaspati; among the army generals I am Skanda; among lakes I am the ocean!

25. Among the great sages I am Bhrigu; among words I am the monosyllable Om; among sacrifices I am the sacrifice of silent repetition; among immovable things the Himalayas I am.

26. Among the trees (I am) the peepul; among the divine sages I am Narada; among Gandharvas I am Chitraratha; among the perfected the sage Kapila.

27. Know Me as Ucchaisravas, born of nectar among horses; among lordly elephants (I am) the Airavata; and among men, the king.

28. Among weapons I am the thunderbolt; among cows I am the wish-fulfilling cow called Surabhi; I am the progenitor, the god of love; among serpents I am Vasuki.

29. I am Ananta among the Nagas; I am Varuna among water-Deities; Aryaman among the manes I am; I am Yama among the governors.

30. And, I am Prahlad among the demons; among the reckoners I am time; among beasts I am their king, the lion; and Garuda among birds.

31. Among the purifiers (or the speeders) I am the wind; Rama among the warriors am I; among the fishes I am the shark; among the streams I am the Ganga.

32. Among creations I am the beginning, the middle and also the end, O Arjuna! Among the sciences I am the science of the Self; and I am logic among controversialists.

33. Among the letters of the alphabet, the letter “A” I am, and the dual among the compounds. I am verily the inexhaustible or everlasting time; I am the dispenser (of the fruits of actions), having faces in all directions.

34. And I am all-devouring death, and prosperity of those who are to be prosperous; among feminine qualities (I am) fame, prosperity, speech, memory, intelligence, firmness and forgiveness.

35. Among the hymns also I am the Brihatsaman; among metres Gayatri am I; among the months I am Margasirsa; among seasons (I am) the flowery season.

36. I am the gambling of the fraudulent; I am the splendour of the splendid; I am victory; I am determination (of those who are determined); I am the goodness of the good.

37. Among Vrishnis I am Vasudeva; among the Pandavas I am Arjuna; among sages I am Vyasa; among poets I am Usana, the poet.

38. Among the punishers I am the sceptre; among those who seek victory I am statesmanship; and also among secrets I am silence; knowledge among knowers I am.

39. And whatever is the seed of all beings, that also am I, O Arjuna! There is no being, whether moving or unmoving, that can exist without Me.

Bhavad-Gita

Thanks Raji Ram!!

There is not one soul in this Forum who debated my post.

Had I mentioned 'God is Muslim' or 'God is Christian' or 'God is a Chandala', perhaps it would have opened a Pandora's Box of debates and arguments.

After all did not Shiva disguise as a Chandala and appear to Adi Sankara when he encountered him in Kaasi!!

Is there any instance of God having disguised as brahmin?

Dear Sir,

It is not that members did not want to debate if God is Brahmin or Christian or Muslim or Atheist for that matter cos you see we are quite used to such posts.

Sometime back someone started a thread "Is Lord Shiva Brahmin".

So you see we are free to call God anything we wish..ranging from a Brahmana to an Atheist.

May be God could be an Atheist cos God does NOT have to believe in God and God does not have to pray!

None of us pray to ourselves..therefore God is an Atheist!LOL

I think this should make Atheist happy that God is after all an Atheist! Ha Ha Ha

Dear Sir,

May be God could be an Atheist cos God does NOT have to believe in God and God does not have to pray!

I think this should make Atheist happy that God is after all an Atheist! Ha Ha Ha

Interesting thought. I too thought for a while as to whether an atheist would be happy. My opinion is an Atheist would not be happy, because for an atheist much of the fun is debunking the beliefs of the believers and not exactly in the presence or absence of God. If you closely question an ahteist's beliefs regarding God he/she will start saying that he/she is actually agnostic since God cannot be actually disproved.

As far as I know in the Geeta Lord Krishna never said "Among the Varnas..I am a Brahmana"

May be in the heat of the battle, he forgot puruSa sooktham :) the current hot topic here. If only we had his address we could forward the discussions on this forum and may be in his next avatharam he will make additions in his new Geetha !!!!

Interesting thought. I too thought for a while as to whether an atheist would be happy. My opinion is an Atheist would not be happy, because for an atheist much of the fun is debunking the beliefs of the believers and not exactly in the presence or absence of God. If you closely question an ahteist's beliefs regarding God he/she will start saying that he/she is actually agnostic since God cannot be actually disproved.

Dear Zebra ji,

You see we will go by simple equations.

Earlier one member said :

God = Brahmin

Another member said :

Dinosaur = Brahmin

Therefore God =Dinosaur!

Now you see if God = Atheist that means Atheists = God.

Tell me which Atheist won't be happy to be given the highest supreme state?

May be in the heat of the battle, he forgot puruSa sooktham :) the current hot topic here. If only we had his address we could forward the discussions on this forum and may be in his next avatharam he will make additions in his new Geetha !!!!

Dear Zebra ji,

Then the new Geeta will state:

Among the body parts..my head is Brahmana
My arms are Kshatriya.
My thighs are Vaishya
My feet are Sudra.

O' Arjuna..when I carry all of you in My Supreme Self why this Kola Veri of caste?

Dear Sir,

It is not that members did not want to debate if God is Brahmin or Christian or Muslim or Atheist for that matter cos you see we are quite used to such posts.

Sometime back someone started a thread "Is Lord Shiva Brahmin".

So you see we are free to call God anything we wish..ranging from a Brahmana to an Atheist.

I am not an atheist but only an agnostic. From the pov of an agnostic, discussions about god, his caste, his religion, etc., are all meaningless because nobody has yet proved the existence of God; it is only a belief.

I thought of VAmana avathAram. But thought it is an avthAr and NOT disguise!! :decision:

May be the sanskrit meaning of avathAram is someone who descends from above (may be heavens). But in tamil language we do use avarhAram in the sense of disguise..... for eg. the oft repeated remark: Enna avarharAm AdugirAi???

I thought of VAmana avathAram. But thought it is an avthAr and NOT disguise!! :decision:

Dear RR ji,

The Avatar Lord Krishna was described as Maya Manusha Vesha Leeladhara so in a way an avatar of God is also a Vesham(disguise).

O K... :cool:

VAmanA is disguise of Lord Vishnu and old brahmin is the disguise of

Lord Krishna who is 'Vishnu in disguise'!! :D

Check out the list below:

0. I am the Self, O Gudakesha, seated in the hearts of all beings! I am the beginning, the middle and also the end of all beings.

21. Among the (twelve) Adityas, I am Vishnu; among the luminaries, the radiant sun; I am Marichi among the (seven or forty-nine) Maruts; among stars the moon am I.

22. Among the Vedas I am the Sama Veda; I am Vasava among the gods; among the senses I am the mind; and I am intelligence among living beings.
23. And, among the Rudras I am Shankara; among the Yakshas and Rakshasas, the Lord of wealth (Kubera); among the Vasus I am Pavaka (fire); and among the (seven) mountains I am the Meru.

24. And, among the household priests (of kings), O Arjuna, know Me to be the chief, Brihaspati; among the army generals I am Skanda; among lakes I am the ocean!

25. Among the great sages I am Bhrigu; among words I am the monosyllable Om; among sacrifices I am the sacrifice of silent repetition; among immovable things the Himalayas I am.

26. Among the trees (I am) the peepul; among the divine sages I am Narada; among Gandharvas I am Chitraratha; among the perfected the sage Kapila.

27. Know Me as Ucchaisravas, born of nectar among horses; among lordly elephants (I am) the Airavata; and among men, the king.

28. Among weapons I am the thunderbolt; among cows I am the wish-fulfilling cow called Surabhi; I am the progenitor, the god of love; among serpents I am Vasuki.

29. I am Ananta among the Nagas; I am Varuna among water-Deities; Aryaman among the manes I am; I am Yama among the governors.

30. And, I am Prahlad among the demons; among the reckoners I am time; among beasts I am their king, the lion; and Garuda among birds.

31. Among the purifiers (or the speeders) I am the wind; Rama among the warriors am I; among the fishes I am the shark; among the streams I am the Ganga.

32. Among creations I am the beginning, the middle and also the end, O Arjuna! Among the sciences I am the science of the Self; and I am logic among controversialists.

33. Among the letters of the alphabet, the letter “A” I am, and the dual among the compounds. I am verily the inexhaustible or everlasting time; I am the dispenser (of the fruits of actions), having faces in all directions.

34. And I am all-devouring death, and prosperity of those who are to be prosperous; among feminine qualities (I am) fame, prosperity, speech, memory, intelligence, firmness and forgiveness.

35. Among the hymns also I am the Brihatsaman; among metres Gayatri am I; among the months I am Margasirsa; among seasons (I am) the flowery season.

36. I am the gambling of the fraudulent; I am the splendour of the splendid; I am victory; I am determination (of those who are determined); I am the goodness of the good.

37. Among Vrishnis I am Vasudeva; among the Pandavas I am Arjuna; among sages I am Vyasa; among poets I am Usana, the poet.

38. Among the punishers I am the sceptre; among those who seek victory I am statesmanship; and also among secrets I am silence; knowledge among knowers I am.

39. And whatever is the seed of all beings, that also am I, O Arjuna! There is no being, whether moving or unmoving, that can exist without Me.

Bhavad-Gita

These are words of Veda Vyasa!!

Sir, Read somewhere: "God must be experienced. God cannot be explained"OM SHANTHI, SHANTHI, SHANTHI.

quoted from internet:

Throughout history, auditory hallucinations have been construed as evidence of communication with divine powers, although contemporary medical models often view them as undesirable and a sign of mental illness. In psychiatry, auditory hallucinations carry considerable weight in the diagnostic process, so there is a clear need for clinicians to have a greater understanding of the multiple facets of this phenomenon.
Auditory hallucinations are false perceptions of sound. They have been described as the experience of internal words or noises that have no real origin in the outside world and are perceived to be separate from the person’s mental processes.[SUP]1 [/SUP]Auditory hallucinations have veridical perceptual qualities in the sense that individuals are often convinced of the objective reality of the experience. In most cases, auditory hallucinations are unintentional, intrusive, and unwanted. Affected individuals may or may not have insight into the hallucinations. A person with insight will acknowledge that the experience is abnormal and will report less interference with daily activities than a person with no insight.

I found this article by a Harvard Divinity School graduate interesting/

My Faith: What people talk about before they die

My Faith: What people talk about before they die ? CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

especially the last paragraph.

We don’t have to use words of theology to talk about God; people who are close to death almost never do. We should learn from those who are dying that the best way to teach our children about God is by loving each other wholly and forgiving each other fully - just as each of us longs to be loved and forgiven by our mothers and fathers, sons and daughters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back