• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Get-together Dec 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
The members who attended the sweet-karam-kapi meet

have responded to the next meet positively.

The beet-sweet-treat-meet people are yet to respond in any which way!

What Kapi here? Kapi as in Coffee or Kapi as in Monkey?LOL

Beet-- sweet--treat---what?? Halloween?? Trick or Treat?

Ha Ha Ha..RR ji and VR ji both are vying for top post of Master Chef.

Move over Gordon Ramsay..here comes RR ji and VR ji! LOL

Dear RR ji,

Yes I know he is nice guy at heart but I like to "fight" with him!LOL

Dear Renu,

I love your honesty. :hug:
There are many more who want to fight. :fencing:

But they also want to keep up an image which is not real. :angel:

It is a case of crooked claws in velvet gloves!!! :evil:

What Kapi here? Kapi as in Coffee or Kapi as in Monkey?LOL

Beet-- sweet--treat---what?? Halloween?? Trick or Treat?

Ha Ha Ha..RR ji and VR ji both are vying for top post of Master Chef.

Move over Gordon Ramsay..here comes RR ji and VR ji! LOL

kapi may be coffee or a monkey or both ! :)

1. What Kapi here? Kapi as in Coffee or Kapi as in Monkey?LOL

2. Beet-- sweet--treat---what?? Halloween?? Trick or Treat?........
Dear Renu,

1. Read MY post again. I wrote kApi and not
कपि.

2. Beet-sweet was the beetroot toffee that I prepared for the second meet! :)

........ The beet-sweet-treat-meet people are yet to respond in any which way!
:nono: The next meet is supposed to be in one of the participant's sweet home.

One more participant has agreed to meet on any of the three dates given. :cool:

Two others are not in India. That leaves only one member who is yet to reply.

TVK Sir and Dr. C. N, who participated in the first meet, also have plans to attend. :)

I really admire VR Ji and RR ji..both are vying for Master Chef and Master Host title..if I were in a situation where I might need to play host/chef to so many people the first thing I would do is bolt from the scene.
This is the reason why I do not invite anyone to my house!LOL

Its not easy playing host..one needs a lot of patience for that and also need to be willing to sacrifice our personal time..so hats off for both RRji and VR Ji.

..... Its not easy playing host..one needs a lot of patience for that and also need to be willing to sacrifice our personal time..so hats off for both RRji and VR Ji.
Thank you Renu! :)

:gossip: Don't worry about me Renu! My dear brother has come over to India. Only VR ji has her 'sambandhi mAmi' in Msia!! :becky:

Thank you Renu! :)

:gossip: Don't worry about me Renu! My dear brother has come over to India. Only VR ji has her 'sambandhi mAmi' in Msia!! :becky:

Dear RR ji,

I am really scared of crowd..really..even my 2nd cousin is getting married today and I am not even going cos I feel very uncomfortable when there is crowd and when we have to make some small talk here and there...but I dont mind online interaction cos its less personal.

BTW I had just visited the land of VR Ji's Sambandhi Mami and the 2nd bridge is not even open yet!

I can see similarities with you and my mum..cos even my mum is a wonderful host and all I remember as child is when guest come I run up and lock myself in my room!LOL

Last edited:
OK RR ji you do this..one of these days you and VR ji combine a get together either in your home or in VRjis home and both of you can cook dishes etc..

Then we do what Master Chef does..that is the guest are not told who cooked what and then they are given the dishes and asked to rate the dishes on a score card.

Then after the guest have left..you both can check the score and then start fighting! Ha Ha Ha..

OK RR ji you do this..one of these days you and VR ji combine a get together either in your home or in VRjis home and both of you can cook dishes etc..

Then we do what Master Chef does..that is the guest are not told who cooked what and then they are given the dishes and asked to rate the dishes on a score card.

Then after the guest have left..you both can check the score and then start fighting! Ha Ha Ha..
Dear Renu,

Thanks for the new idea to start a fight!
icon3.png

This can happen ONLY in my sweet home because Sing. Chennai vAsigaL like get-togethers the most!! :grouphug:

Did you listen to the Sambandhi Esal song that I posted, Renu??

Not yet...I will listen now..BTW I was listening to this song just now..so you too listen to this song ok.

[video=youtube_share;jewIT_G7pf0]http://youtu.be/jewIT_G7pf0[/video]

Doctor Mam,

Any idea about
Sambandhi sandai which was a part of weddings of earlier days?

Doctor Mam,

Any idea about
Sambandhi sandai which was a part of weddings of earlier days?

Dear Sir,

I remember seeing a movie where Goundamani tries to cause trouble with the bride's side during the wedding.

While he is eating food he put a brick on his banana leaf and then shouts that "there is a stone in the rice"!LOL

Dear Tmt RR

5 . Hard Rock would be prohibitive, cost-wise and would take away the air of an
informal 'family gathering '.

Yay Yem

I agree.

My sister and brother live within a mile of this mall. I have also visited
this mall. This is not a place to meet for anyone over 30! Of course,
I am assuming that mental and physical and chronolgical ages are
synchronised.

And the ambience is fit for teeny bops.

Noisy as well.

Last edited: