• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

First Tithi/anniversary of my father' death calculator

Dear Sir,
My mother passed away at chengalpet on 21/June/2017 at 9.35 pm. please tell me the tithi date. Actually this is first tithi, will i give at Rameswaram. Please suggest me regarding this.

Thank you.

Dear Sir,
My mother passed away at chengalpet on 21/June/2017 at 9.35 pm. please tell me the tithi date. Actually this is first tithi, will i give at Rameswaram. Please suggest me regarding this.

Thank you.

hi sir,

as far as i know...i did my mother's last rites in Rameshwaram....but first thithi (VARUSHABHIGAM) not to do in rameswharam....

generally in native place...so last month i did first thithi in chennai.....i think sri kgopalan sir will explain more about it...

Hi

My father passed away at Madurai on 27-08-2014. Could you please help to give thithi date for this year 2018?

Thanks and Regards,
Ganesh Babu.

Hello Respected Sir

My father passed away at Hubli(Karnataka) on 05/Nov/2000 at 11.25 pm. All these years we were doing shradh pooja as per the date ,pls help me knowing the tithi date so that from this year I can do as per our hindu tradition

Thank you.

ஐப்பசி மாதம் சுக்ல பட்சம் தசமி திதி.:-19-10-2018. இந்த வருஷ ஆங்கில தேதி.

Dear sir
my father's thithi falls on ekadasi . I was told this mahalayapaksha sraddha should not be done on that day and advised to perform on next day dwadasi.i will be much obliged if you can throw some light as to is there any restricted thithis and dates fo performing mahalayapaksha sraddha
dr srivatsan

SIR., tHERE IS A RULE THAT YOU MUST DO MAHALAYAM ONLY AFTER YOUR FATHER"S SRATHAM. YOU MUST DO MAHALAYAM ONLY AFTER YOUR FATHER"S SRATHAM EVERY YEAR. YOU CAN DO MAHALAYAM ON THE NEXT DAY.

Hi all
I am new here and in some doubt about shradh date of my father in this pitra paksha.
My father died on 01/06/2017 at about 11:00 A.M. in the morning. The tithi prevalant was saptami till 06:20 AM and at time of death it was ashtami. Its said that tithi at sunrise is the prevalent tithi during the whole day. But in drikpanchang site when I searched for the shraddha tithi calculator it showed ashtami and hence 2 Oct 2018 is the date for shradh.
So should I take saptami tithi or ashtami tithi at the time of death.
Please clear my doubts.
Lastly we are not looking for a full fledged shraadh as my uncle said that he had done his annual shraadh at gaya and hence we don't need to do anything but we want to do something. So is it Ok if we do shraadh may be a simple one on that day. I don't want to mess up the ritual if annual shraadh is done and are we allowed to do if annual shraadh is done.
Thanks

Hi all
I am new here and in some doubt about shradh date of my father in this pitra paksha.
My father died on 01/06/2017 at about 11:00 A.M. in the morning. The tithi prevalant was saptami till 06:20 AM and at time of death it was ashtami. Its said that tithi at sunrise is the prevalent tithi during the whole day. But in drikpanchang site when I searched for the shraddha tithi calculator it showed ashtami and hence 2 Oct 2018 is the date for shradh.
So should I take saptami tithi or ashtami tithi at the time of death.
Please clear my doubts.
Lastly we are not looking for a full fledged shraadh as my uncle said that he had done his annual shraadh at gaya and hence we don't need to do anything but we want to do something. So is it Ok if we do shraadh may be a simple one on that day. I don't want to mess up the ritual if annual shraadh is done and are we allowed to do if annual shraadh is done.
Thanks
you must take only ashtami that is vaikaasi month sukla paksha astami thithi. which falls on 22-05-2018 this year. you must do sraththam for your father only on 22-05-2018. besides this you must do mahalaya sratham on one day from28th september to 7th october 2018. you must obey only to the rules written in vaidhnatha dikshathiiyam, hemathri book, nirnaya sindhu, dharma sindhu . so you have to do full fledged shradha on sratham day. only olden days grantha libi books written by experts must be followed. gaya sratham is a differnt one. althoughnyou have done you must do every year on sratham day full fledged sratham.

Hello Sir/Madam
My Mother died on (English Calendar) 8th Jan 2018, Monday at 7:30PM in Chennai. Her birth Natchathiram is Revathi. When should I keep her first Thithi and time please?

Hello sir,

My mother passed away on Feb 6th 2018 @ 10:50 PM. When is the tidhi/ first anniversary ritual to be done as a elder son? Please advise.

Thanks.

thai month krishna paksham sapthami thithi 27-01-2019. monthly sodakumpam and masyam and oona masyam. first annivarsery falls on 27-01-2019. then next day if your mother expired as sumangali --you have to do udhaka shanthi and navagraha homam on 28th and on 29th sumangali praarthanai must be done.

Thank you sir for quick reply. I got the wrong date in earlier post. my apologies. Correct date mother passed away was Feb 7th 2018 11:45PM. Please advise.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Dear sir,

I would like to know the death tithi for my father in law to perform prayers 2019.
Death date: 7/1/2006
time: 12.20am - Klang, Selangor, Malaysia.
Ashtami, Shuklam paksha.

Thank you.

Rgrds,
Thainmollie

Latest ads

Back