• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

First Tithi/anniversary of my father' death calculator

SPR

Dear Mr kgopalan
My father's thidhi normally comes on Margazhi Kirishna Paksha Panchami (generally along with Thiyagaraja aaradhanai day) This year there is no Krishna paksga panchami in Margazhi and immediate one comes on Thai Ponagal day only When am I to conduct divasam Some suggestion is Ekadhasi and some suggest that I can do it on Dec 16, in Karthigai itself since Dhakshinayanam is important Please advice
Regards
SPR

vin_vin

maarkali month krishna paksham thruthiyai thithi. 25-12-2018 is the first death annivaersari. thila homam at rameswaram should be done.
Hi

My father passed away on 4th January 2018 evening 7.15 PM. Kindly let me know his death anniversary for this year.

Thanks
Vin

kgopalan

Dear Mr kgopalan
My father's thidhi normally comes on Margazhi Kirishna Paksha Panchami (generally along with Thiyagaraja aaradhanai day) This year there is no Krishna paksga panchami in Margazhi and immediate one comes on Thai Ponagal day only When am I to conduct divasam Some suggestion is Ekadhasi and some suggest that I can do it on Dec 16, in Karthigai itself since Dhakshinayanam is important Please advice
Regards
SPR
you have to do on 16-12-2019.

Dear Sir,

This is Yuva

May I know the date for my Father in Law First Tithi/Anniversary.

Passed Away date and Time - 10-12-2018 & 3.30 am

kindly do needful.
yuva - 99450 76746

Rashi

Hello gopalan sir...

Need ur help. My mom died on jan 2nd 2019 at 11 15 pm. When should i do the death anniversary rituals

Pls reply.
Thnks in advance

kgopalan

see in the panchangam markali month krishna paksham dwadasi thithi.
from pournami to amavasai krishna paksham. from amavasai to pournami sukla paksham.
23-12-2019. is the thithi date.

Rashi

from pournami to amavasai krishna paksham. from amavasai to pournami sukla paksham.
Thank u sir fr the immediate reply. Bcs few ppl had confused me saying death anniversary need to be done based on de nakshatra on de death date accrding to which which its anusham nakshatram. So the death anniversary to be done on the date wen the same star falls. N they said its 24/12/2019.So i am confused shld i follow star or thithi for calculating death anniversary. Please advise. Waiting fr ur valuable suggestion.

kgopalan

see in your panchangam there ill be one coloumn sraa thithi which means sratha thithi. In markali month krishna paksham dwadSI HITHI IN THE COLUMN SRATHTHA THITHI. you must do only on thithi basis.

Hariiis

Sir.,

My father passed away 15th april 2019...inbetween the time 4 pm to 6 pm can you please tell me the first thithi

Hariiis

CHITHRAI MONTH SUKLA PAKSHA AEKAADASI THITHI . THIS YEAR IT FALLS ON 03-05-2020.
CHITHRAI MONTH SUKLA PAKSHA AEKAADASI THITHI . THIS YEAR IT FALLS ON 03-05-2020.

Sir.,

We have another clarification, my relatives side told we are missed to give a first thithi because it falls on 04.04.2020...
if we going to give this thithi 03-05-2020 is they called (retipu month)...

We have confused because of that...kindly clarify this sir.

Hi Sir,
Good Evening!
Can you help me in finding the correct day to give devasam for my father who died last year on 26th May 2019 around 08:30 PM IST.
As per the thithi it is vaikasi theipirai Astami. but in 2020 we have 2 - theipirai Astami in Vaikasi. 15/05 and 13/06.

Please suggest which is the right day to give devasam.

kgopalan

sir, kindly see in your panchangam sraatha thithi column . it will be mentioned as sraa.thithi. what is the thithi there in your panchangam. only on 13-/6 you can see sratha thithi as astami. on 15/5 it is written as sunya thithi in the sratha thithi column. so you have to do only on 13/6..

Follow Tamil Brahmins on Social Media

Latest posts