• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Dravidian Queen (1320 BC) in North India

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Puranic reference about an ancient queen DRAVIDA missed the attention of many research scholars. It is because we still read the ancient history written by the British 150 years ago. Indian history begins from the days of Buddhists, according to them. But Sumerian, Babylonian, Egyptian, Greek and Mayan histories have been vastly revised and newer and newer information is added every year. But our text books remain the same.

Dravida was a princess mentioned in the Hindu Puranas. Trnabindu’s daughter was Dravida, who was the mother of Visravas. His son was Visala. Dravida was read as Idavida by some. The confusion arose because there was another girl Idavida mentioned elsewhere. It is easy to suggest that princess Dravida married an Aikshvaka.

Dravida—Visravas—Visala—Hemachandra—Sucandra—Dhumrasva—Srnjaya—Sahadeva—Krsasva—Somadatta—Janamejaya—Pramati is the line of kings and queens.

Pramati is contemporary with Dasaratha Aja and Lomapada. This synchronism is important, as it places Trnabindu 12 generations up at 1320 BC says R .Morton Smith in his book “Dates and Dynasty in Earliest India” ( Motilal Banarsidas, 1973, pages 70-72).

Lines quoted by him from the Puranas (in Sanskrit):

Atha Dhuntumatah putro dharmatma Vegavan nrpah
Budho Vegavatah putras Trunabindur Bhudatmajah
Treat yugamukhe raja tritye sa babhuva ha
Kanya tu tasya Dravida mata visravas tu sa

Dasaratha’s daughter in Egypt

We have several references to Indian queens marrying even foreigners. Mittanni king Tushratta 1354 BC (Of Indian origin, but ruled Syria and Turkey) gave his sister Ghilukhipa and his daughter Tadukhipa in marriage to the Egyptian king Amenhotep III. He wrote ten letters to the Egyptian king and all are preserved in clay tablets in Cuneiform script. Anyone who needs the interesting letters can google and find them in websites like Wikipedia.(There were four or five Dasarathas who ruled various parts of India).
Early in the fifth century BC in South India, Pandyan girls were “exported” to Sri Lanka in hundreds. When the banished Indian king Vijayan landed in Sri Lanka, he or his ministers could not find girls of royal blood for marriage. They sent an SOS to the Pandyan king. He tomtomed and assembled all the girls and sent them in bulk to Sri Lanka. Mahavamsa which gives the history of Sri Lanka narrated it with all the minute details.

The Pandava prince Arjuna also travelled widely and married women of different races according to Mahabharat. There are even folk dances in Tamil Nadu about his wedding to Alli Rani. Dridharashtra married Gandhari from Kandahar of Afganistan. Dasaratha’s wife Kaikeyi was from Iran –Afgan border. Rama’s wife Mythili was from Mithila on the border of India-Nepal.
Ravana was called a Southerner (Thennavan) in Maduraikanchi written 2000 years ago. He married lot of women and wanted to marry Sita as well. It was the custom of Indian kings to marry from different countries or regions for political gains.

Chandra Gupta Maurya married daughter of Selucas Nicator, the Greek general. Agastya travelled to South East Asia and married a Cambodian girl and founded a Hindu empire which lasted for 1300 years.(Agastya of Rig Veda is different seer who married another princess Lopamudra).
The most famous Indian poet Kalidasa says that kings from various regions of India including the Pandyan King came for the swayamvaram of Indumati. Swayamvaram is the ceremony where a royal princess selects her future husband.

Gujarati-Pandya Contacts

The first king of modern Madurai , Malayadwaja Pandyan married the daughter of a Surasena king, probably from Gujarat. His consort’s name was Kanchanamala. She was the mother of great queen Meenakshi in whose name the world famous Meenakshi temple was built. (Please read my article The Wonder That was Meenakshi Temple). Lord Sundareswara married Meenakshi.

The Jain literature gives very realistic accounts of sea voyages. The “Avasya Churni” informs us that there were regular sailings from Madurai to Sourashtra (Gujarat). It is mentioned in the story that the ruler of Madurai PANDUSENA, had two daughters, who while sailing to Sourashtra, met with a shipwreck in a storm. They prayed to Lord Shiva and Lord Skanda for their protection (Ref. Trade and Trade Routes in Ancient India by Moti Chandra). It is interesting to note that Shiva and Skanda are believed to have sat at Tamil Sangam 2000 years ago. Commentators on Sangam Tamil literature gave us more details in their commentaries. More over 2300 year old inscriptions in and around Madurai confirms the historicity of Madurai.
Boat City and Matsyavatar

Tamil and Sanskrit literature confirm that the first Avatar of Lord Vishnu happened at the southern part of India in the remotest period of history. The Pandyan king who ruled at that time was Sathyvrata. The most famous seventh century Saivaite saint Gnana Sambhandhar also sang about the great floods happened in the past and his town Sirkazi survived this catastrophe giving the name Boat City (Thoni Puram/ Noah’s Ark) to his native place (Ref. Matsyapurana in Sanskrit and Thevaram In Tamil).
All the above facts demolish the fake Aryan-Dravidian divisions. Indians were free to move to any part of the country to marry and maintain unity of the country. There was no mention of Aryan, Dravidian conflicts in the Tamil and Sanskrit literature.

Dasaratha’s daughter in Egypt

As far as I know King Dasaratha gave away his first born, a daughter (born through Kausalya) named Shanta.
King Dasharatha was not too happy that his first born was a girl and he remained childless after that.

Shanta later on married Sage Rishyasringa(who had preformed the Putrakamesthi Yagna for King Dasharatha)

கேரளாவில் பத்து வருடம் முன்பு கி.பி. 2000 வாக்க்கில் ஒரு புத்திரகாமேஷ்டி யாகம் செய்தனர்.இருப்பதிலேயே தலைசிறந்த வேத விற்பன்னர்களை அழைத்துவந்து,யாருக்கெல்லாம் குழந்தையில்லையோ அனைவரும் வந்து இந்த யாகத்தில் கலந்துகொள்ளுங்கள் என அழைத்தார்கள்.

யாருக்கெல்லாம் குழந்தையில்லையோ,அவர்களுக்கு எந்தக் காரணத்தினால் குழந்தையில்லை என்ற மெடிக்கல் ரிப்போர்ட்களை எடுத்தார்கள்.அதற்கேற்றாற்போல், குழந்தையில்லாத தம்பதிகள் 48 நாட்கள் இந்த புத்திரகாமேஷ்டியாகத்தில் கலந்துகொள்ள வேண்டும்.அந்த 48 நாட்களுக்குத் தேவையான உணவு,தங்குமிடம் இலவசமாக அந்த தம்பதிகளுக்குத் தந்தார்கள்.ஒரு ஜெர்மன் ஆய்வுக்குழு இந்தச் செலவுகளை ஏற்றுக்கொண்டனர்.

புத்திரகாமேஷ்டியாகம் முடிந்து சில வருடங்கள் கழிந்தப்பின்னர்,ஒரு சர்வே எடுத்தார்கள்.இந்த யாகத்தில் கலந்துகொண்ட தம்பதிகளில் 100க்கு 90 பேருக்கு ஆன்மீகபூர்வமாக அவர்களுக்கு குழந்தை பிறந்திருந்தன.
(ஆதாரம் : சிவசங்கரபாபா,:பக்கம் 49,ஜோதிடபூமி வெளியீடு,அக்டோபர் 2010.)

a.v.v.rajagopal-coimbatore

Dear Rajagopal and Renuka

Thanks for your interesting comments. There are millions of pages available on websites now a days. We have to rewrite our history. All the countries except India have done it. Mittanni Kings have Sanskrit names. The agreement between two kings discovered in Turkey/Syria town called Bogazkoy had four Vedic gods' names. I have already posted Sanskrit inscriptions in strange places with the details. Please read it and google for Tushrata's letters to Egyptian king. You will read amazing things. I will translate them and post it here when I get more time.

Bharatavarshe is the land from Vindyas to down south Kerala. All cities mentioned in these texts are in south india - Ayothiapattinam, Kansapuram, Madurai (Mathura), Kasipuram, Sanjeevini Hills, Agasthiyar hills, Vindyhas (Himalayas), Cauvery is Ganga, Triveni sangam - Amudha - Saraswati, Bhavani - Yamuna & Cauvery/Ganga, Pandavapura, Gangavathi (origin of cauvery), Ganga Kingdoms (Kannada kings are called Ganga kings, why north kings are NOT known as Ganga kings), Indrapala (Andhra), - are all in south india. for Dravidian Kings the source of life is 'Cauvery river" & is known in many ancient texts as "Ganga" + combined with the Jain texts saying Ramayana is a story of 2 south indian dravidian kings - clearly indicates Cauvery is Ganga.

Kannada Kings (Maurya & Gupta Dynasty) & Telugu Kings (Kalinga) conquered most of the North India & the dravidian customs, traditions & people were established there. They ruled in the name of Lord Rama & hence established "Ayodhya" in all the conquered lands - thats why you have an Ayodhya in Thailand, Cambodia, North India etc.. Ashoka, Chandragupta Maurya, upto Harshavardhana were all dravidian kings !. Only subsequently they were mixed with the Kushanas, Greeks, Huns, Persians by the various invasions. Hence all the North Languages are a mix of persian + influences by Greek/Huns/Kushanas + dravidian words. Hindi is a persian/arabic language & the language of the Mughals.

Hinduism was revived in North after the 700+ yrs of Mughal rule by the RSS leaders. they named all the places known today - Ayodhya (infact this itself is a dispute among many archealogists), Mathura etc.. only in 18th century, Kumbh Mela is only a 100+ yr old tradition, etc,. why would a north indian fair skinned person - so called aryan worship dark gods - Shiva, Vishnu, Rama & Krishna !! because it was dravidian before the muslim invasion & hence the local population went back to their earlier religion !!

Hindi & all north languages are persian arabic !!

1.The emphasis of my article is there is no Aryan or Dravidian. Dravidian means SOUTH. It is a geographical term ,not racial as westerners interpreted.

2. If I accept your argument, then all the Americans Canadians and Australians where there are England Town names would say, Look, we did not migrate here. People from our countries went to England and used all our town names.
3. RSS did not name any towns. The names whichwere there in Mythology for thousands of years were used by them. Muslims called Faisabad, Rss revived the name Ayodhya. Muslims called Allahabad, RSS revived the name Triveni Sangam. Muslims called Ahmedabad, RSS revived the name Karnavati.

4.In Tamil nadu grandson will get his grand dad's name. That is why we call him PEYARAN/Peran. If the grandson says that my name was given to my grand dad, even his parents would laugh at him.

5.South India was called Bharatavarshe, you say!!!! I can even say Madurai Taluka was the real Bharatavarshe, without any basis!!!

6. Whenever you write something ,please give us proof. Then more people would appreciate your answer.

1.The emphasis of my article is there is no Aryan or Dravidian. Dravidian means SOUTH. It is a geographical term ,not racial as westerners interpreted.

2. If I accept your argument, then all the Americans Canadians and Australians where there are England Town names would say, Look, we did not migrate here. People from our countries went to England and used all our town names.
3. RSS did not name any towns. The names whichwere there in Mythology for thousands of years were used by them. Muslims called Faisabad, Rss revived the name Ayodhya. Muslims called Allahabad, RSS revived the name Triveni Sangam. Muslims called Ahmedabad, RSS revived the name Karnavati.

4.In Tamil nadu grandson will get his grand dad's name. That is why we call him PEYARAN/Peran. If the grandson says that my name was given to my grand dad, even his parents would laugh at him.

5.South India was called Bharatavarshe, you say!!!! I can even say Madurai Taluka was the real Bharatavarshe, without any basis!!!

6. Whenever you write something ,please give us proof. Then more people would appreciate your answer.

Pl read my posts - Sanskrit is a dravidian origin, South Brahmins are Dravidians.

Jain texts written 1000s of years back clearly say Ramayana & Mahabarata are stories of Dravidian Cheiftains, this is stated by the Archealogy dept of India.

Now if Ramayana is a story of 2 dravidian Cheiftains, then how can Rama come from North Indian Ayodhya. ? Logically he cannot.

Ayothiapttinam is in Tamil Nadu as named by Govt of India. Sanjeevini Hills in Andhra, Agasthyar Hills in Tamil Nadu, etc..

Megasthenes calls Madurai as Mathura - the land of Krishna. talks about caste system, talks about a story like Illiad/Troy all of this in the Pandian Kingdom.

So Bharatavarshe is the land from Vindyas to Kerala.

Now there is a dispute about the town Ayodhya in North India - Pl do a google search. why is there a dispute here??? because it was NOT named as Ayodhya in historical times!! Dwaraka in Gujarat was "doctored" by our Govt, there is NO city under sea despite all the excavations there.

PoomPuhar is mentioned iin our ancient texts as a city that was devoured by sea. Kannagi & Kovalan come from there. written extensively in Silapathigaram, etc.. & if Megasthenes calls Madurai as Mathura, then Poompuhar is Dwaraka !!

However the cities in south india have historical tales, legends, stories etc..

Dear Sri Jaykay767 Ji,

Please cite the scholarly sources for your fantastic claims.

You would lose credibility among our Forum members otherwise. Thank you.

Regards,
KRS

Dear Sri Jaykay767 Ji,

Please cite the scholarly sources for your fantastic claims.

You would lose credibility among our Forum members otherwise. Thank you.

Regards,
KRS

Dear KRS,

I have come up with this thesis based on my analysis of historical evidences. This definitely contradicts the existing understanding of the majority.

However, pl note many western researchers have said Sanskrit is a dravidian origin, so I am NOT the only one saying it.

The only inference I am making is Bharatavarshe is from Vindyas to Kerala - have explained this in my earlier response to your query.

Cheers,
JK

Dear Sri Jaykay767 Ji,

Okay then, at least please cite the western sources that say that Sanskrit is of Dravidian origin. Let us start there.

Regards,
KRS

Dear KRS,

I have come up with this thesis based on my analysis of historical evidences. This definitely contradicts the existing understanding of the majority.

However, pl note many western researchers have said Sanskrit is a dravidian origin, so I am NOT the only one saying it.

The only inference I am making is Bharatavarshe is from Vindyas to Kerala - have explained this in my earlier response to your query.

Cheers,
JK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back