• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Dr.P.N.Oak passes away at 91

Status
Not open for further replies.
In passing away of Historian Dr.Purushotham Nagesh Oak, we have lost a bold researcher who ventured into the subjects that were anathema to the secular "intellectuals" in India. We may not accept many of Late Dr.Oak's theories, but no one can deny the efforts and sincerity of this Historian, who substantiated his theories with adequate reference documents. His famous book on the origin of Taj Mahal - "Taj Mahal - a True story" is a manumental work.

Regards,
Brahmanyan.

Dear Sri Brahmanyan ji,

I agree with you. I think he at least had created the awareness that what the 'leftist' historians said about the history did not necessarily take in to account the glory of our past.

But in my opinion, he has hurt our cause more than he helped. His claims were so extravagant (he could not supply adequate proof) and his cause damaged by the SC rulings, he became a laughing stock in the serious academic circles.

I hope, folks defending our cause for the glory of our culture will do a more thorugh academic research with nonrefuatable evidence.

With the leftist idealogue dominating the academia the world over, it is imperative that we carefully present our cases within the boundaries of such expected scholorship.

Having said this, I salute his lonely efforts.

Pranams,
KRS

KRS is the greatest defender of Hinduisim, Hindu pride, Brahminism and Brahmin pride. He is our true leader! Long live KRS!!

KRS is the greatest defender of Hinduisim, Hindu pride, Brahminism and Brahmin pride. He is our true leader! Long live KRS!!

Folks,

Here is a classic example of a personal attack through sarcasm.

Sri Desi Ji reacts personally to postings that even contradicts a bit on what he posts or with postings that add to what he says. And then he says that others are intolerant, politically correct, saying things against Hiduism, disrespecting Brhamin community etc., etc.

I posted what my remebrance of Dr. Oak and his contributions were. Just because this did not fit in to Sri Desi's world view, he becomes sarcastic. I also noted his particular comment 'Long live KRS!!!'. Thank you Sri Desi Ji!

I think his above comments are totally unwarranted.

Pranams,
KRS

Dear KRSji,

I believe that I am consistent with what I say. Only you found that my posting was sarcastic, a personal attack and yet found something quite personal to thank me!

Hmm! What can I say? I have to take it that you may be right!

Last edited:
Sri Desi,

Your sarcasm is completely unwarranted!

This is the second time I am noticing that you are posting sarcastic remarks against posters when it is completely unwarranted.

If you do this one more time you will be issued a temporary ban.

If you do this even after than ban has been lifted you will be issued a permanent ban.

Chintana

Sure! 3 minus 1 will be you 2! Thanks for the good time, I enjoyed every bit of it!

Dear Sri Desi Ji,

Why all this anger? What did I say that was so wrong that elicited your harsh response and sarcasm?

If you think that we are all in this together, please stay and fight along.

Pranams,
KRS

Pro.P.N.Oak.

Dear Mr.KRS.,

Prof.P.N.Oak was a prolific writer, and sincerely pursued his speculative theories to give a new facet to Mogal History. (For that matter all Historians speculate and put forward their views.) Even though I do not agree with his line of thinking I respect his views and read his writings with avowed interest. Very rarely we find a man of such boldness with conviction. Pro.P.N.Oak had written many books and articles on various subjects, in one of them he had given a controversial socialogical twist to European Gypsies (Romanies) linking their linage to Jats of India. To be fair to Pro.P.N.Oak, we must admit that Agra had Rajput connection before the Mogals changed its history. Agra Fort was built by the Chauhan Rajput Kings. Even today the Main Gate of the Agra Fort is called as "Amar Singh Gate" . Taj Mahal was badly damaged and fallen into disrepair and entire area was covered with vegetation till late 19th century. It was restored its old glory only after Viceroy Lord Curzon took interest in restoring ancient monuments in India under ASI.

Regards,
Brahmanyan.

Last edited:
Dear Sri Brahmanyan Ji,

You would not hear anything negative from me about Dr. Oak's sincererity of purpose or his fervour. He was viewed as 'eccentric' by other historians and as I said, he did bring to light some overlooked historical Hindu connections.

This is the same reason why I did not agree with Dr. Romilla Thapar's explanation pooh-poohing the Ramar Sethu bridge as man made.

As a historian, if one is making certain assertions, one should have proper citations and proof that is accepted by the wider company of one's peers. Unfortunately that did not happen in his case.

It is not just enough to have hypothesis, but one needs to have proof that stands the test of the modern scientific methodology.

What is the use in saying that Christianity really meant Krishna worship? What is the use in saying that the Kaabha was originally was a lingam? How do these assertions can ever be proven, and if they were, what would be the result?

I am from a school of thought, which says, let the bygones be bygones. Things happened in the past for a reason, based on then prevailing moral codes. It was okay then for a white man to dominate the world with the assistance of their guns and canons. It was okay then for the Moghuls to invade India and conquer. Why go back and capture the glory that was Hindu by denying the glory of the Moghuls and the English who both changed our civilization and are part of us now? Let the sleeping dogs lie. Because we have a beautiful past civilization that we can rely on, without any question connected with scholorship.

Hope this makes sense.

Pranams,
KRS

Dear Mr.KRS.,

Prof.P.N.Oak was a prolific writer, and sincerely pursued his speculative theories to give a new facet to Mogal History. (For that matter all Historians speculate and put forward their views.) Even though I do not agree with his line of thinking I respect his views and read his writings with avowed interest. Very rarely we find a man of such boldness with conviction. Pro.P.N.Oak had written many books and articles on various subjects, in one of them he had given a controversial socialogical twist to European Gypsies (Romanies) linking their linage to Jats of India. To be fair to Pro.P.N.Oak, we must admit that Agra had Rajput connection before the Mogals changed its history. Agra Fort was built by the Chauhan Rajput Kings. Even today the Main Gate of the Agra Fort is called as "Amar Singh Gate" named after Akbar's uncle. Taj Mahal was badly damaged and fallen into disrepair and entire area was covered with vegetation till late 19th century. It was restored its old glory only after Viceroy Lord Curzon took interest in restoring ancient monuments in India under ASI.

Regards,
Brahmanyan.

Dear Mr.KRS.,

I fully agree with your opinion. Since I have nothing more to add or comment I am ending my post in this thread.

Regards,
Brahmanyan.

I have read some of Prof. P. N. Oak's books and articles. He has done a lot of original research. But unfortunately his research was directed against a particular religion.

Why do we talk about only Mogul invasion?

India has been invaded and ruled by many outsiders in the last 3500 years. One of our greatest kings Kanishka was a Kushan. We were ruled by Kushans for a long time. Please see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kushan_Empire

The Kushans Kings were Zoarastrian, Buddhist and Hindu. Their coins prove this.

There is a gap of hundreds of years in the Sanskrit literature when the non Hindu Kings were ruling India.

The Sakas also ruled parts of India.

Then the Huns (Huna) invaded India and ruled for a short time in some parts.

http://india.mapsofindia.com/the-country/ancient-history/regional-kingdoms.html

The Kushans and the Sakas merged with the Indian population. Even the Huns. There is a unproved theory by some historians that the Pallavas were originally from Iran. This theory was written only based on the similarity of the words Pehlavi and Pallava.

Shajahan was an Indian King. Akbar is called one of the greatest of Indian Kings.

It may come as a surprise to many that the first translation of the Upanishads was done by Dara Sikoh the son of Shahjahan from its original Sanskrit into Persian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dara_Shikoh

It has been proved beyond any doubt that the Nagaraja temple in Nagercoil was originally a Jain temple. So what? The temple at Bhadrinath changed hands between Buddhists and Hindus. We really do not know whether the present idol is that of Buddha or Vishnu. The temple at Pazhani was founded by Bogar a siddha who was a Chinese.

http://palani.org/bhogar-biography.htm

Indian culture because of its antiquity has absorbed parts of many cultures. It is a culture of acceptance and tolerance. We have become great because of this.

Hinduism is the only religion in the world which accepts all other religions. This is what makes it the greatest religion. If you take away this then you are no longer practicing Hinduism.

Welcome!

Dear Sri Nacchinarkiniyan Ji,

Welcome back! I am so glad that you have decided to contribute again. I have learnt so much from your last posting. Not that I have to accept what you have said, but now I have an avenue to look in to what you have said.

A lot of us who contribute here are speaking out of ignorance. This is why it is important that people like you to continue to contribute.

Thanks a lot.

With much respect,

Namaskarams,
KRS

I think I had it here when I sadly look at the focus that is aimed against those who fought for Hinduism or the Brahmin Pride. I tried to talk to the person in charge but had to merely have to accept their inclination. Nothing can be done. Realizing the smallness of the readership my time would be well spent elsewhere. Thank you all.

Dear Sri Ramaa,

I am not at all clear what you mean.

Regards,
Chintana

I think I had it here when I sadly look at the focus that is aimed against those who fought for Hinduism or the Brahmin Pride. I tried to talk to the person in charge but had to merely have to accept their inclination. Nothing can be done. Realizing the smallness of the readership my time would be well spent elsewhere. Thank you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back