• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Noted saxophone exponent Kadri Gopalnath passes away

I have been an admirer of Kadrinath"s saxophone music.

I once shared first AC compartment with him on chennai bangalore train.

He talked about his disciples playing the saxophone and his memories of playing in delhi.

He treated his saxophone with care and kept them safely on the berth as only two of us were in the four berth

compartment.

I am not a great lover of carnatic music. Yet I would always go to his concert in chennai in music season.

May his soul rest in peace.

We will be missing this Southern wind's melody waves...

He successfully adapted a foreign instrument like saxophone to our Indian classical music

In his death the world of music has lost a great musician.

RIP

This is a great loss to the music world.

His name will be remembered whenever we hear the sound of saxophone.

Sri. Subbudu rightly said:
Yānai pōndra vāddhiyaththai
poonai pōla mātriyavar!

Carnatic music is blessed with one more instrument because of him.

I also remember the loss of Mandolin Srinivas, by whose effort mandolin entered Carnatic music.

Om Shanti.

As member Raji Ram rightly said thry are the only one with the rarest of the Carnatic music and more than their names thrir prefix instrument for its own merit with their handling.
Though i am not Carnatic musician my house is always with the Carnatic music only credit to my father who is ardent fan of Carnatic music and now i followed his step.

I have attended live concert twice of this genius.

Indeed the sad demise of Kadri Gopalnath is an irreparable loss for Carnatic Music. He was an exponent par excellence of Saxophone, an untried instrument in Carnatic Music.
His programs always attracted music lovers of Carnatic music.
He will always be remembered by the music lovers.
Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

Latest ads

Back