• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Noted torture enthusiast Donald Rumsfeld has made a really difficult solitaire app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lalit

Solitaire die-hard fans can now test their mental prowess with this "really difficult app"!

[h=1]Noted torture enthusiast Donald Rumsfeld has made a really difficult solitaire app[/h]Former US defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld is launching a mobile gaming app based on an obscure version of solitaire that Winston Churchill used to play. Churchill’s solitaire is more challenging and complex than other popular styles of the single-player card game, and Rumsfeld is advertising it as “the most diabolical version,” which would have been “lost to the ages” if not for his new app.
Rumsfeld, now 83, learned the game in 1973 from Belgian diplomat André de Staercke, who learned it from Churchill himself. In a post on Medium this morning, Rumsfeld writes that he spent the past two years developing the app—though of course he doesn’t pretend to know much about the technology involved:
To be more precise, I’ve been working with a team of developers to bring into the digital age a card game that dates back to at least the Second World War, and perhaps earlier. Starting this week, I’m pleased that it is now going to have a new life thanks to modern technology.
“I’ve signed off on something they call ‘UX’,” he jokes, proclaiming: “I am now officially in the app business.”
After obtaining permission from the Churchill family in 2014, Rumsfeld’s office worked with the Washington, DC-based Javelin agency (run by a former Rumsfeld aide) to create the app, which is called “Churchill Solitaire.” It’s on Apple’s current list of “best new games” and has a 4.5-star rating in the app store.
It’s a fitting foray into a new field for a statesman who will likely be remembered, like the former British prime minister Churchill, as one of the most controversial figures in modern history. Rumsfeld was the US’s most influential and heavily-criticized military strategist during his two tenures as defense secretary. He infamously authorized the use of torture for interrogations of prisoners during George W. Bush’s presidency.
The new game, Rumsfeld told the Wall Street Journal, “requires you to be strategic, to look around corners, to think ahead, and to never give in—which is the phrase Churchill would have used.” Presumably, the game is meant to be addictive, but not painful.

http://qz.com/602086/noted-torture-...ld-has-made-a-really-difficult-solitaire-app/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back