• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Does God exist?

Renuka,

People are very attached to their views. Very difficult to make them appreciate an opposing perspective. As long as it is harmless it is fine. Let people have their own views without trying to forcefully impose theirs on others.
I am not opposing my view to others . Only giving two cents worth. What perplex me is the human pyschology tend to blow out everything out of window and blind faith in religion. Humans as alway looking for benefial in whatever they do .

My experience with spiritual energy shows everytime the energy rises I feel a sense of righteousness and coming of what all would be called as good qualities. When it subsides they also go away. I am in a state of transition now moving towards the right qualities with increasing energy.

This clearly shows that inot only energy exists but also it is what we associate with the divine. The energy will eventually reach omnipotence and omniscience which is nothing but God.

So my experience and understanding of it clearly shows the existence of God.

I am not touting but something truly historic is happening. My physical self seems to be transitioning from human qualities to divine qualities. It has been going on for quite some time and though I have been off the mark in the past about its completion events also now strongly point to it.

Yes , i can agree energy exist . But is not divine and asked to worshipped
Ok..so since Energy exists it comes close to something beyond ourselves exists.

God doesnt asked to be worshipped and neither does God has adjectives like Divine or Evil or etc.

Its we humans that give God adjectives.
Btw some people choose to call Energy as God.

We all agree that God does not ask to be worshipped. The God Brahman is the base of all existence.
But for ordinary people, God is what religions tell us, Religions tell us that you pray to god and all your problems will be solved, and that is a false statement.

Ok..so since Energy exists it comes close to something beyond ourselves exists.

God doesnt asked to be worshipped and neither does God has adjectives like Divine or Evil or etc.

Its we humans that give God adjectives.
Btw some people choose to call Energy as God.
Up to them what they want to believe . But that doesnt make it truth

We all agree that God does not ask to be worshipped. The God Brahman is the base of all existence.
But for ordinary people, God is what religions tell us, Religions tell us that you pray to god and all your problems will be solved, and that is a false statement.
The problem is every religion start to indentify It with themselves. I stand to correct your statement that God brahman is base of existence my fellow muslim and christion will not accept it as hindus will never accept allah or jesus as supreme being . It is something very neutral to all human being

Religion tells us to pray to God.
True.
Does it solve our problems?
Yes it does.

The situation here is we humans usually want a quick fix transactional type of prayer..that is " I pray to You..You give me what I need and solve my problems"

Honestly thats not how prayer works.
Prayer is about transformation of the human mind and body in order to let the soul within manifest itself in its original format.

We build layers of expectations, conditioning, hope,imprints on our mind and body.
All these fills up our disc space and obscures the atma within which is but a projection of the Universal Atma.

An advaitin will see no difference between the atma within and the Universal atma citing an example that the air in the balloon and the atmospheric air is the same.

The Dualist does acknowledge that the atma is from the Universal Atma is the same too but after being encapsulated in a human experience then undergoes detox to reach factory setting original state, to some extent the dualist feels the atma that underwent a human experience might be a tad " lesser" than the Universal Atma.

Anyway, so how does the prayer work?
Well, its cleansing..it breaksdown all self created notions and stored bio memory...prayer cleans us like a washing machine till the disc space of our minds is cleared up, mind becomes lake placid, waves of thoughts hardly traverse it, even if a thought arises it rolls off and doesnt leave an imprint.
Like the famous saying " a droplet of water rolls of a lotus leaf"

What next?
The mind might not be sans waves so easily.
Then when it finds no imprints around..it asks itself " Who am I ?"

Didnt the purana story state that when Lord Brahma found Himself alone He started to wonder who He was and began to search His origins?

Same way, we finally go through that journey where we seek our origins.

So what happens next?
The journey is personalized but the answer is the same.

" He who knows himself knows His Lord" --Prophet Muhammad(pbuh)

My experience with spiritual energy shows everytime the energy rises I feel a sense of righteousness and coming of what all would be called as good qualities. When it subsides they also go away. I am in a state of transition now moving towards the right qualities with increasing energy.

This clearly shows that inot only energy exists but also it is what we associate with the divine. The energy will eventually reach omnipotence and omniscience which is nothing but God.

So my experience and understanding of it clearly shows the existence of God.

Dear Suresh,

Even knowledge of science is falsifiable. Nothing is proven. People take different sides according to their inclinations. The best thing to do is to show atleast a modicum of respect for others point of view and not totally put it down.
Sravana ji, my learning , experience and knowledge shaped my thinking that ultimate truth is truth and shall put in open . It depend on other to take it or not . I am not putting down anyone .

If that was true, why did Krishna not tell Arjun to pray instead of fight for his rights?
Its a dharma of a kshatriya to uphold dharma.

Most of us are not kshatriyas unless we are in the armed forces.

Prayer is a personal transformation which needs surrender.

Before Arjuna went to war he did surrender to Krishna,witness a Vishwaroopa and only then everything went in the favor of the pandavas.

So Arjuna did pray and then fought.
Even to gain weapons he did tapasya to get the pasupata weapon from Shiva.

If all that does not equal to prayer, God knows what you would prefer to call it.

Its a dharma of a kshatriya to uphold dharma.

Most of us are not kshatriyas unless we are in the armed forces.

Prayer is a personal transformation which needs surrender.

Before Arjuna went to war he did surrender to Krishna,witness a Vishwaroopa and only then everything went in the favor of the pandavas.

So Arjuna did pray and then fought.
Even to gain weapons he did tapasya to get the pasupata weapon from Shiva.

If all that does not equal to prayer, God knows what you would prefer to call it.
It very well known krishna used trickery to defeat opposed party . Itself means krishna never hold to dharma of war itself.

It very well known krishna used trickery to defeat opposed party . Itself means krishna never hold to dharma of war itself.
Its not trickery.
Just that we do not understand the bigger picture.

Puri Shankaracharya Swami Nischalanda had explain the whole episode why Krishna made Yudhisthira utter " Ashwattama the elephant is dead" and when Yudhisthira mentioned the word elephant softly Krishna had blown the conch loudly so that Dronacharya could not hear the word elephant and thought his son Ashwattama was dead.

It would outwardly look as if Krishna made Yudhisthira sort of semi lie.

Reason given is.
1) Drona was a Brahmin and he was not supposed to die in the mode of a Kshatriya as in dying in battlefield.

A Brahmin is supposed to die in the mode of Sattva.
Hence Krishna enacted this drama to make Drona think his son was dead which made him sit down in sattva mode meditation in the battle field and then he died.

According to Puri Shankaracharya, Drona had already given up his body and his soul had left the body right before Dhrishtadyumna beheaded him.

Likewise each so called trickery done by Krishna had deeper reasons and it was not Adharma.

If we go too literal, it may look like Adharma or trickery or deceit.
Deeper meanings reveal the whole picture.

I follow Gita for the philosophy. I believe Gita was inserted into Mahabharat, So what Mahabharat says does not taint the message of Gita. Take Gita as a stand-alone document. Krishna's discourse is a framework for our life.

Again the Krishna who is giving this discourse need not be the same Krishna who did the trickerie

sarvopanishado gavo dogdha gopalanandana:
parthovatsa: sudheerbhoktha dugdham gitamrutam mahat

sloka meaning:

All Upanishads are (likened to) cows. The milker is the son of
the cowherd, Krishna; Arjuna, son of prutha, is the calf; the men of
purified intellect are the drinkers and the milk is the supreme
nectar of Gita.

Krishna
has prepared a digest of the consummate wisdom of the Vedas and
presented them in his dialogue with Arjuna.

Last edited:
Its not trickery.
Just that we do not understand the bigger picture.

Puri Shankaracharya Swami Nischalanda had explain the whole episode why Krishna made Yudhisthira utter " Ashwattama the elephant is dead" and when Yudhisthira mentioned the word elephant softly Krishna had blown the conch loudly so that Dronacharya could not hear the word elephant and thought his son Ashwattama was dead.

It would outwardly look as if Krishna made Yudhisthira sort of semi lie.

Reason given is.
1) Drona was a Brahmin and he was not supposed to die in the mode of a Kshatriya as in dying in battlefield.

A Brahmin is supposed to die in the mode of Sattva.
Hence Krishna enacted this drama to make Drona think his son was dead which made him sit down in sattva mode meditation in the battle field and then he died.

According to Puri Shankaracharya, Drona had already given up his body and his soul had left the body right before Dhrishtadyumna beheaded him.

Likewise each so called trickery done by Krishna had deeper reasons and it was not Adharma.

If we go too literal, it may look like Adharma or trickery or deceit.
Deeper meanings reveal the whole picture.
All religion have apologist .Puri shankarya was not it s just speculation

I follow Gita for the philosophy. I believe Gita was inserted into Mahabharat, So what Mahabharat says does not taint the message of Gita. Take Gita as a stand-alone document. Krishna's discourse is a framework for our life.

Again the Krishna who is giving this discourse need not be the same Krishna who did the trickerie

sarvopanishado gavo dogdha gopalanandana:
parthovatsa: sudheerbhoktha dugdham gitamrutam mahat

sloka meaning:

All Upanishads are (likened to) cows. The milker is the son of
the cowherd, Krishna; Arjuna, son of prutha, is the calf; the men of
purified intellect are the drinkers and the milk is the supreme
nectar of Gita.

Krishna
has prepared a digest of the consummate wisdom of the Vedas and
presented them in his dialogue with Arjuna.
Sorry . Krishna is one .

Latest ads

Back