• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Do you need Happiness and Peace?

Dear Shri a-TB,

The force of the counter examples depend on how true they are. Your examples are not convincing. Not many will agree with your premises. There are alternate explanations that will explain the seeming happiness in the cases you cited. Finally happiness is a state of someone's mind. Others cannot really see it. Can you by logic prove what you only assert?

Last edited:
This is the form in which you should present your argument:

1. Premise
2. conclusion

Conclusion is what you want to centrally convey and the premises are the reason for your conclusion. You may state assumptions required to assist the premises.

The correctness of your logic depends on:

i. The truth of the premises and the assumptions
ii. the conclusion following from the premises and the assumptions made without any fallacy

Right now I only see conclusions or more rightly assertions coming out of you.

Last edited:
See my replies in italics

You have listed three items as necessary. You are confusing physical suffering with unhappiness.
Health can reduce any happiness from happening. state of mind is reflected in the state of body.

Intelligence causes more suffering because a person can find new ways of suffering
Many may not agree with this

Wealth has nothing to do with happiness.
An assertion. no proof

As shown earlier, to rebut a claim all one needs is a counter example.
As replied earlier, this alone is not sufficient.

Homeless and Sannyasis have no wealth and yet many are found to be happy. Many such people do not know where their next meal is coming from. Yet they are happy. No all Sannyasis or homeless people. But there are enough that are happy and will say so. Your list of necessary condition is not correct

what weakens your argument: Sannyasis try to transcend physical existence and hence are able to be happy and even blissful without the mundane requirements of happiness

People who suffer and are terminally ill and hence choosing assisted suicide have reported enormous happiness and freedom. Just google for such people
again more an assertion than good reasoning and is at best a flawed reasoning

If you are truly curious and have the humility to listen to words of people who have done real research then Google for 'The Happiness Project". It is a well rated book and provides extensive research. I saw this book in someone's home and was curious. It cites historical studies that will refute whatever you have been trying to say here.

Thank you for the reference. I talk from my own experiences to which I think people may relate.

Your list is arbitrary and is not a fit with eastern or western thoughts and as shown above is not logical.

You need to work on stopping at assertions and do some real logic

Last edited:
there is a lot of distraction going on. back to the topic again folks.

As I see understanding the real motives of a person can make you to be in charge of the situation. Bad motives generally have their ill effects and thrive by disguising.

Almost all the harm to you comes only from one who is interacting with you with bad motives. The situation is diffused at the level of mind when you can be humorous or feel sympathy for the person. The question is how do you reach that stage?

The best way to go about this is to make the subconscious mind do the work. A voluminous work already exists on this topic but let me give my perspective. Why should there be something like the subconscious reality? The reason is nature is so subtle and sophisticated and subconscious reality reflects that subtlety very truly. So if one already knows about that reality then there is nothing to learn about nature which would be at odds with ones purpose of existence.

We start with understanding what we perceive through senses and when we are able to succeed in that which is what science is trying to do, then we graduate to understand what is unseen. This is what spirituality does. What is unseen cannot be proved experimentally till we are able to see the energy at that level at work. But I think that will happen too. all we need to show is that spiritual energy exists and is more real than physical energy.
]
The above is a poser of mine to the physics labs asking them if they are willing to find the truth about spiritual reality which they can verify when the spiritual energy makes the physical energy accelerated by accelerators actually vanish out of space and time. Till now no lab has responded and I am still waiting. So mine is a pro active step to show the existence of spiritual energy which so far has not been responded to by the other side

Coming back to the topic, we will see more about conscious subconscious interactions which happen all the time.

Last edited:
As the interaction between the conscious and the subconscious happen constantly, one's conscioussness expands and one begins to see subtle realities

There are two factors that guide the conscious subconscious interactions positively

One is diligence and the other is intelligence

In a typical person in an adverse interaction the ego is the one that responds. It is very difficult to not let your ego speak up when it is hurt.

Now come the intelligent parts. You have to let your ego get hurt and eventually allow its destruction because that is when you become a free person with spontaneous actions. Now comes the other intelligent part. As the ego goes down you should not let the self esteem be dragged by it.

Let me spell out the steps:

i. Let the ego get hurt
ii. Let your self esteem get into action. If your self esteem is low you have to practice more diligence and more intelligence.
Confidence is displayed when your self esteem gets into action.

Self confidence is what can best unsettle your adversary and take off the negative impacts of his force.

It is very difficult to cope up with adverse situations when self esteem is low. So let me in more detail talk about how to improve self esteem

Use psychological ruses. Think it is ok if the ego is hurt. I am actually going to take this as an opportunity to improve myself by letting the ego destroy and thank the adversary for giving me this opportunity.

This is the right way to improve one's body language also and that is what your adversary sees and gets unsettled.

You may not get it right the first time. You need to constantly practice such psychological ruses for the confident body expressions to become your second nature

Once you are able to control your ego you are displaying self control and this can do wonders to your attitude and in fact starts the development of spiritual power in you.

the more you are in control of yourself the more you are in control of a situation and the more you are likely to have happiness and peace.

spiritual knowledge has many nuggets not only from the view of an understanding of reality but also from the view of living life in a fulfilling way

Latest ads

Back