• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Do you need Happiness and Peace?

Dear Sravna,

I do not strive to be happy or sad but I accept that both happiness and sorrow are experiences we face.

I am calling both happiness and sorrow "experiences" and both can be intrinsic and extrinsic and inevitable in existence.

Peace too is an experience and just as every experience everything is subject to change...finally one just has to surrender.

I am starting to feel that Advaita could be a source of depression!LOL

It does make sense at a intellectual level but at a human level at times it doesnt confer some amount of "surrender feeling" that is offered by Dualistic Ideology.

Life is much easier and simple if one could surrender and stop analyzing everything in life to a detail that finally leads to nothing.

I am not saying I have ditched analysis..I am still very much a logician at intellectual level but at the level of my heart...I have stopped analyzing and surrender would be the best experience.

So believe me Sravna...its best we leave analyzing for the intellect but let it not overrule our heart.

Renuka,

You are of the belief that people should be left free to think for themselves. I do not agree with that because people do not live in isolation. If people are allowed to have free thinking and free acting, chaos would be the result. So people's actions have to be guided and regulated. So it is necessary to do analysis so that we can put across our thoughts to others.

Surrendering is fine if you are genuine about it. God does indeed take care of you. But most of us are at best half hearted about it

What do you think?

Renuka,

You are of the belief that people should be left free to think for themselves. I do not agree with that because people do not live in isolation. If people are allowed to have free thinking and free acting, chaos would be the result. So people's actions have to be guided and regulated. So it is necessary to do analysis so that we can put across our thoughts to others.

Surrendering is fine if you are genuine about it. God does indeed take care of you. But most of us are at best half hearted about it

What do you think?

You do not believe in giving free will to others becos you would like to " program" how others think.according to what you feel is conducive...so who regulates you?

As long as people abide the law and order that should suffice.

No one can bestow peace and happiness on another...not even God.
Effort comes from self.

Last edited:
Dear Renuka,

I am open to being guided. I am not saying I am know all. One should be receptive to and follow whatever can elevate one even if it is not one's own wisdom.

Dear Renuka,

I am open to being guided. I am not saying I am know all. One should be receptive to and follow whatever can elevate one even if it is not one's own wisdom.

Dear Sravna,

It has to be free will to a great extent otherwise too much rigidity would lead to extremism which has infected all religions of the world.

A person invited me to attend a function today where a few "yogins" are down from India to give a demo for 3rd eye activation and with demo on EEG brain wave patterns etc.

Many feel 3rd eye activation and Siddha activation will give us power to transform our lives and each one wants to 'enlighten" the other.

In fact this person told me "you are in denial..you do not want to acknowledge your true potential and help others"

Obviously I told the person I do not seek activation of 3rd eye or chakras etc becos its not needed cos the human body is self regulated for continuation of life as much as it can.

Now this is the part of Hinduism which seems popular here these days and everyone starts to feel they are Neo Gurus and can guide others.

This is why at times I feel there is lack of regulatory enforcement in Hinduism where occult practices are given a divine flavor and finally only ahamkara increases but a decrease in human values.

Many of those here who are into all these are not so "shareef"(noble) in behavior otherwise..cos mostly seek such paths for the feeling of power.

Thats why personally I feel lets one's heart decide the path and way without too much dependency on others to show the way.

We learn a lot from two places..the labour room(maternity ward) and the morgue.

In both situations the humans entry and exit is his/her effort.

Dear Renuka,

Our mundane reality is designed in such a way that everyone of us both give and take. That is we learn through interactions and assimilation of truths not only from our own experiences but also from the experiences of others. Even that being the case it takes one kalpa I believe to make a mind fit for moksha. Imagine what would be the time if we are insistent on learning only from our own experiences and wisdom.

God's design is intelligent and He makes one learn not only deep but also quick. It also makes life interesting to understand others perspective thus paving the room for developing empathy.

I am not against curbing free will but it definitely has to be tempered many times for the peace of society.

Before we talk about wanting happiness and peace, let us ask ourselves if we need hate in the heart towards any being in the creation?

It is hypocritical to talk about happiness while harboring hate towards people different from us - like gays, transgender, etc. No rationalization can explain the inborn hatred and with such hate one cannot be happy and also cannot tell others about happiness and peace.

Let us grow mature and remove hatred from our heart of all beings different from us in this creation.. Amen

Before we talk about wanting happiness and peace, let us ask ourselves if we need hate in the heart towards any being in the creation?

It is hypocritical to talk about happiness while harboring hate towards people different from us - like gays, transgender, etc. No rationalization can explain the inborn hatred and with such hate one cannot be happy and also cannot tell others about happiness and peace.

Let us grow mature and remove hatred from our heart of all beings different from us in this creation.. Amen

Well said..

Should be added to a Asato Ma mantra.

Lead me from hatred to acceptance.

Dear Shri a-TB and Renuka,

Objectively pointing out an anomaly is not hatredness. Try not to bring in an emotional angle to it.

Objectively pointing out an anomaly is not hatredness. Try not to bring in an emotional angle to it.

Dear Mr Sravana,

What I have done is objectively pointing out anomaly in your messages. You have stated your hatred to gays many times in the forum, just check the archives. That message is at odds with your advice you are doling out so happily for others about happiness and peace. No one brought emotions into the discussion,only you are bringing the word emotion here

I know truth hurts. I echo Madam Renuka's comments .

Let us say "Lead me from hatred to acceptance"

I think you should meditate on the above truth to achieve peace

May you find peace.

I dont understand why should you be sensitive of whatever I say unless you have a pathological dislike for anything spiritual. I think it is you who needs to accept other bodies of knowledge than western science which to me is mostly pseudo knowledge

Dear Sravna..

I didnt bring in.emotions.

Its just that why play God?
The human body has a self regulatory mechanism to handle life.

That mechanism involves falling down..making mistakes..having bad experiences too..there is no prefect blissful state..no one can be 24/7 calm even if they have the Sattva gene....

I have noted many here where I stay who want to play preacher of Happiness ..at a personal level they all seem to want to control others by spirituality.

Its a form of narcissistic personality..well its deceptive..cos in an attempt to guide someone they invade others.

I am not saying that you have this narcissistic personality..but just try asking yourself these:

1) why do you want to regulate everything..from nature to human behavior?

2) and also..I asked some here where I stay..Where is MH 370?

so you see..spirituality can be a disorder too.

Controlling others is not what anyone should do.

No human is brain dead..and even you might not be able to revive a brain dead person.

One thing I am not fond in Hinduism is..many try to play God becos everyone thinks Aham Brahmaasmi feeling gives them a right to play God.

Dear Renuka,

I am in the process of evolving. The ego is still there and manifests as the need to control. But I am sure I will get past this stage very soon. Look forward to hearing from me about that.

Dear Renuka,

I am in the process of evolving. The ego is still there and manifests as the need to control. But I am sure I will get past this stage very soon. Look forward to hearing from me about that.

And so is everyone else..so how can anyone lead the other?

And so is everyone else..so how can anyone lead the other?

Dear Renuka,

I am not tying to lead. I am just trying to do what I can do by the way of contributing to others. Before you object to this let me say that I am open to receiving help of others when I think it would be needed for my elevation

Dear Renuka,

I am not tying to lead. I am just trying to do what I can do by the way of contributing to others. Before you object to this let me say that I am open to receiving help of others when I think it would be needed for my elevation

Sravna...the best is not think of elevation.
Gravity works.

Dear Renuka,

Replying to this and your earlier message, Mr Sravana.

Most people cannot like or dislike something that is vague called spirituality. There cannot be "pathological" dislike- that is your ego speaking.

Also thinking of others or other groups as anamoly is also an expression of ego. I am sure you dont want to be talked about as an anomaly. So why not treat others the way you would like to be treated.

You and I are nobodys and we each have our nature given attributes. If we learn to respect each other for the way we are born, ego will have less role to play.

You are able to best relate to Renuka Madam whose message seem to work for you. I essentially agree with her messages in this thread

Dear Shri a-TB,

It is better to call spade a spade. Homosexuality is a natural inclination and one who is homosexual can do nothing about it but so are many other undesirable natural attributes. Hypocrites and dishonest people for example are also a group. Just because they are naturally inclined to be so or because they are a group do we simply sit and watch them do what they are inclined to do ?

Last edited:
The idea of spirituality is to transcend these forces so that one can be in total control of any situation.

Control..this is the word..many spiritual people want to control how others run their lives.

I teach many " spiritual" people Sanskrit and many are attempting to " control" me by preaching spirituality..and boy some are starting to wonder why.they have no effect.

Control..this is the word..many spiritual people want to control how others run their lives.

I teach many " spiritual" people Sanskrit and many are attempting to " control" me by preaching spirituality..and boy some are starting to wonder why.they have no effect.
Not at all Renuka. Ideally i do not want to control anybody or anything. Control would be one of the least important words in y dictionary. Hope you understand.

Dear Shri a-TB,

It is better to call spade a spade. Homosexuality is a natural inclination and one who is homosexual can do nothing about it but so are many other undesirable natural attributes. Hypocrites and dishonest people for example are also a group. Just because they are naturally inclined to be so or because they are a group do we simply sit and watch them do what they are inclined to do ?

Dear Mr Sravana,

Do you realize how offensive what you say may be to gay people?
You are equating them to hypocrites and dishonest people??

It is like saying people born in Chennai cannot be trusted, they are crooks. One cannot help where they are born.

But character issues can be changed by free will . But your height, who your parents are, what your height is, what your sexual orientation cannot be changed

If you are unable to understand this then your bias is so deep rooted and hate filled that your messages can only be hypocritical.

I hope you are blessed with the ability to see beyond your bias. You say you intend to grow. Here is a test to examine your bias..

All the best

There is no bias in what I say. Anomalies be they biological or psychological cannot be part of the mainstream. I respect everybody equally as humans but that does not mean that I cannot point out what is unacceptable.

Last edited:
There is no bias in what I say. Anomalies be they biological or psychological cannot be part of the mainstream. I respect everybody equally as humans but that does not mean that I cannot point out what is unacceptable.

You point out what is unacceptable to you . I think your hate messages are unacceptable to lot of people.
Many people like Hitler thought people who are not of certain races are not mainstream and not acceptable to him and his fellow Nazis.

Your hate messages towards large sections of humanity is unacceptable and you can never understand what is peace and happiness is really about.

Spirituality starts with love for fellow beings. I do not like the idea of gays but I understand they are born that way just like I am born the way I am. So I treat them no different from anyone else.

Not sure you can comprehend this. But every time you bring up discussions of spirituality or advice about happiness or peace or any variations I will remind you of your bias in the hope your messages change one day hatred to love

Dear a-TB,

I do not understand why my view needs to be seen with an emotional color? I have a right to my opinion and you cannot assert that I am wrong and you are right. If you are able to argue logically your stand kindly do so but do not call my view as one of hate and yours one of love.

Dear a-TB,

I do not understand why my view needs to be seen with an emotional color? I have a right to my opinion and you cannot assert that I am wrong and you are right. If you are able to argue logically your stand kindly do so but do not call my view as one of hate and yours one of love.

Well you equate millions of people born in a certain manner as anomaly and are like people of low character.
That is hatred. I am not saying what I am saying is Love but I speak out against hatred of the heart and biases

Latest ads

Back