• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Discrimination - can it be stopped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sowbagyavathy Happyhindu, Greetings.

Raghy sir, i hope we don't get repetitive. These things have already been discussed.

No one cares if present-day 'brahmins' don't know dharmashastras. The social model they created is still alive and kicking. No one denies the roles of BCs and MBCs styled as 'kshatriyas', involved in oppression.

If you do not like to repeat, that is your choice. But when questioning injustices, personally I will not get tired of repeating myself. I live in the present; I am a practical person. I notice presently BCs and MBs perpetrate oppression towards SCs and STs and at the same time gets rewarded in the reservation policies too. This is injustice. I don't care if others refuse to see the elephant in the lounge, but I say it as I see it. Repetitive? One does not have to respond to it.

I take it, you mention about caste system when you mention 'social model'. Well, the caste system was not created by dharmasastras. Since you say, dharmasastras place Brahmins as the highest, it makes sense to see if all the Brahmins read/follow dharmasastras. One does not have to know dharmasastras to oppress SCs/STs. Most MBCs are not even literate, leave alone well read dharmasastras; does it stop them from oppressing SCs/STs?

What equitable methods do you suggest for "social engineering"? Are there any?
Unfortunately, the politicians in power have not bothered to think of an equitable solutions in social engineering. You are wondering if there can be any equitable methods; yes, there are equitable methods. If one likes to uplift a person, one would allocate more funding for such person’s educational/social/medical developments; one would lend more helping hand for the improvement of the person. Lowering the entry qualification is not the right method. At the end of the day, SCs/STs can’t even get the respect they deserve even if they are competitive. Well, that is beside the point. My argument is, a responsible Government should care for all her citizens equitably. Period.

I don't understand this angst against reservations or anger against benefits given to the under-privileged (in the name of caste).
What is so hard to understand? The present reservation system is not equitable to all the citizens. Injustice is present. I am pointing out such injustices. On the one hand, a community is denied equal opportunity even though they don’t discriminate in the name of caste; whereas, in spite of discriminating others in the name of caste, a majority of the population enjoys preferential treatment.

Sorry sir but they are connected. Religious institutions play a fundamental role in deciding social outcomes. If there was no casteism, then reservations wud not have happened at all. Please watch this video -- Our Journey - How we know caste - YouTube
Unfortunately I fail to see a connection between discriminations faced by dalits in a Haryana Village and mutt not enrolling NBs in the vedapadasala. Kindly explain. While you are explaining that, kindly show me that the reservation policies would drop if mutts start enrolling NBs in the vedapadasalas. (That was the initial point of our discussion).

......(although i do wonder why do people in secular occupations still call themselves 'brahmins').
At present, Brahmin is the name of a caste, by birth. If a Brahmin calls himself/herself by any other name other than ‘brahmin’, they are likely to be prosecuted on fraud charges. Also, the Government wants them to call themselves by that name; they have fill up the caste column in every application; don’t they?

Who invented varna system? Don't you think 'brahmins' need to take some responsibility in undoing the ills they perpetuated? Instead they are deluded by self-imagined ideas of spirituality, and want to wash off their hands after unleashing a frankenstein monstor of brahmanism (labor laws).
I don’t know if the caste system was ‘invented’ by the Brahmin caste people alone. I know it was followed by all the various castes. What do you mean by ‘brahmins’ taking responsibility? In what way? Brahmins don’t discriminate now; if any of them do, then it should be condemned. You are only trying to pass the buck on to the Brahmins while others could go scot free while performing discriminating actions even through violence.

..... let the government 'discriminate' (i will call it 'positive affirmation'). If you don't like the so-called 'discrimination', leave it. Nobody is compelling 'brahmins' to stay in india.
Sowbagyavathy Happyhindu, no matter how much you hate Brahmins, you have no business to say this. Whether others like it or not, Brahmins born in India are her citizens; Government of India has a moral obligation to treat them equitably. At present Government of India is failing her obligations. As citizens of India, Brahmins have the right to demand to be treated equitably.

Lastly, I see everyone as equals. I raise questions when a NB, irrespective of his/her caste face social injustice; at the same time, I raise questions when a B face social injustice too. I am not interested in hanging the past on the neck of the present Brahmins. I live in the present. The government should implement the rules placed against discriminations. When the government is the culprit for the present day caste discriminations, I am not interested in blaming one community for all this.

People get angry to see Dharmasastras favouring greatly one community and treating one community very badly; I while question dharmasastras, question reservation system too for the social injustice.

Cheers!

[video=youtube_share;JC3C2voZjrA]http://youtu.be/JC3C2voZjrA[/video]

I just now saw the video posted by Happy Hindu earlier.
Just to remind everyone that not all Jaats practice caste discrimination.
Most people these days don't even care about caste.

Last edited:
If you do not like to repeat, that is your choice. But when questioning injustices, personally I will not get tired of repeating myself. I live in the present; I am a practical person. I notice presently BCs and MBs perpetrate oppression towards SCs and STs and at the same time gets rewarded in the reservation policies too. This is injustice. I don't care if others refuse to see the elephant in the lounge, but I say it as I see it. Repetitive? One does not have to respond to it.
Raghy sir, i have nothing against you, its the same old cycle of excuses i see in your post, hence i choose to stop. I choose the sentence in bold. Thankyou.

I just now saw the video posted by Happy Hindu earlier.
Just to remind everyone that not all Jaats practice caste discrimination.
Most of us these days don't even care about caste.
I'll try to believe you. I wouldn't think much of this, if it came from someone else, but this coming from you is somewhat unbeleivable...

Last edited:
I find from the photo that the person beating the man who had objected to this practice of rolling over used plantain leaves with left over food is not a B
(repeat not a B),
but some other caste man.
There are many such customs which may not be liked by present day generations.It is always better to educate the people on such practices.
I find some members take every opportunity to attack/criticize only Brahmins.It is high time they take a non-partisan view and see things objectively without bringing caste prejudices.
Even among Brahmin community,there are basic differences.To cite one example,I was asked by the priest in Raghavendra Mutt to bring 'Agni' from the kitchen in a 'Kumutty'
I had gone to the mutt to perform sraddah ceremony of my late father.Normally there will be one person inside the kitchen.We stand outside and he brings 'Agni'
and place it in the 'kumutty' we carry.
I waited outside for a considerable time and there was none inside the kitchen.
I just entered the kitchen,took some 'Agni' in the 'kumutty' and was returning.The person just entered the kitchen
and admonished me as if I had done something that I should not have done.According to him his 'madi' and my 'madi' are totally different
and by entering I have polluted the area which has to be removed by cleaning the entire space.In the meantime the purohit came and pacified that man.
Otherwise that man would have made my life hell that day.I profusely thanked the priest and apologised to that man for my'misbehaviour'
I am still contemplating over this issue to find the difference between his 'madi' and my madi'. I could not get a convincing answer till to day.I only come to the conclusion that I had no right to blame that man.He may be right in his own thinking.I realized that I had no business to enter the kitchen and should have waited for his arrival.

Last edited:
Raghy sir, i have nothing against you, its the same old cycle of excuses i see in your post, hence i choose to stop. I choose the sentence in bold. Thankyou.

Sowbagyavathy Happyhindu,

I respect your choice not to respond. However, please be informed, I don't make 'excuses' ever. I present logical arguments. sorry, the word 'excuse' is my petpeeve. Few times I took my employers to task for using that word 'excuse'. In our discussion there was no portion for which I seek excuse from you or from anyone else. I present my arguments as I see them. Of course, you need not respond to this either. I just wanted to say, I don't make excuses.

Cheers!

i dont know what to make of this .. is it faith? true faith? or something else?

anga pradhashnam over ecchchil elai?

... and the consequences

Shri Kunjuppu,

This practice of rolling over ecchal ilais after brahman-feeding is an obnoxious old-world practice which seems to be on the rebound today. I understand this sort of practice is there in the Bodhendra asram at govindapuram, Tanjore.

Recently one tabra who is very much into all these so-called 'spiritualism' - but a shrewd worldly-wise fellow at heart who knows which side of the bread is buttered - boasted about his having done this "rolling over refuse" (ROR, can be the acronym) and how those who did that are considered 'spiritually advanced' (hope Shri Sravna reads this!), etc., etc., and the immense esoteric enlightenment he received as a result. One was, as per his own words, a complete stranger, of course B, came, told him இந்த வருஷம் நீ சாதுர்மாஸ்யம் இருக்கே and then he was not to be seen again!

Conclusion, God himself, or his spiritual Guru swami Rama (who is claimed as father by three youth!) himself came and instructed so. This fellow it seems is observing caaturmaasya vratam; it mainly has to do with what can be eaten and what cannot be. His wife and daughter replied when we discreetly enquired whether all this spiritualities of this man is not inconvenient to them, எங்களெ உபத்திரவம் பண்ணாத வரை நாங்கள் object பண்ணறதில்லை.

I think this nonsense takes inspiration from the 'golden mongoose' story of Mahabharata, Aswamedha yaga. The implication is that such brahmin feasts are done in the highest principles of "annadaana" and any mongoose rolling over the left overs will immediately turn into golden furred one. But I am yet to find a bhakta who does this, gaining golden body hairs!

ps. This man had illegal sexual relationship with a close relative in his youthful days, his manni, once removed (onnu viTTu)!

Exploring race: Why customers prefer white men
"A new study in an upcoming Academy of Management Journal takes on why white men continue to earn 25 percent more than equally well performing women and minorities.

It’s true that not everybody has a job that relies so heavily on customer service. But keep in mind that the service industry comprises 82 percent of the economy."

“The divide of race has been America's constant curse. Each new wave of immigrants gives new targets to old prejudices. Prejudice and contempt, cloaked in the pretense of religious or political conviction, are no different. They have nearly destroyed us in the past. They plague us still. They fuel the fanaticism of terror. They torment the lives of millions in fractured nations around the world. These obsessions cripple both those who are hated and, of course, those who hate, robbing both of what they might become.”
as5.gif
Bill Clinton quotes (American 42nd US President (1993-2001)

Bill Clinton quotes

Seth Freed Wessler: Stop the Next American Nightmare
"Racial disparities in income leave communities of color making about 60 cents for every dollar earned by whites,” said Seth Wessler, the report's author and lead investigator. “This huge difference is a direct result of institutional policies and practices that collectively block people of color from opportunity."

"South Carolina GOP activist Rusty DePass has apologized for the Facebook remark that likened first lady Michelle Obama’s ancestors to an escaped Riverbanks Zoo gorilla. Also this week, an employee with Lexington GOP consulting firm Starboard Communications apologized for an online joke about President Barack Obama taxing aspirin “because it’s white and it works.”

I do not condone an birth based discrimination, be it overt or subtle. I do not want to compare USA with INdia. I just want to point out that discrimination is far more prevalent than accepted or admitted.

Shri prasad,

I thank you for bringing out to our knowledge the reality that despite all the steps, laws and rules, the evil of racism is very much alive in the US today. I have had chance to discuss this topic with my son who is living in the US as citizen, as also some other youngsters who are green card holders and/or citizens. The feedback I received and continue to, is that the white people in US are very, very conscious of skin colour and prejudice against AAs, Indian immigrants into US etc., is very much evident if you live there for a few months and become familiar with their slang and slurred manner of speaking, so as to understand the snide remarks in low tones which may be audible enough for a person nearby.

My son, fortunately, takes after mother and is fair - not like me, blackish brown or brownish black! He says he would not have liked to continue if his complexion was not this good. But, he says, there is some difference in attitudes of the white people to well-earning, IT people who may own the high-end cars, rent flats in the mostly white apartments/drives (?), etc., because the average white person is shrewd enough to know and respect money where it is. Still, social intermingling at the household level will be restricted unless they (the white people) find that you have changed over to their customs, manners, belief systems (not religion) and all that - in effect you and your family must become a brown saayippu! and your children should be fair-complexioned.

My only objection as far as this forum is concerned is that a realistic picture is not being given to the readers and all possible efforts are being put by members like Nara, Kunjuppu, etc., seem to explain away even the instances which are being presented by you, as isolated cases and not reflecting the majority US population's attitudes. This in our native language is what is called முழுப்பூசணிக்காயெ சோத்தாலெ மறைக்கப்பார்க்கறது (trying to hide an entire pumpkin with cooked rice - and then pretending there is no pumpkin and only the good, edible rice of such huge quantity).

On the contrary, regarding caste-based incidents in India or Tamil Nadu, the US-based people who appear to be apologists of every US defect, say that even now caste-based incidents are happening in India and that it is as clear as the back of one's palm. But they do not have any examples to cite.

What I say is, yes, there is caste in India and almost all people are aware of their caste. But this does not come in the day-to-day lives of most of the people of India today, just as the pervasive covert racism in the US may not be affecting the daily lives of the people there. So, why go on flogging only the caste system in India and at the same time act as apologists for anything american? I begin to suspect that despite all that is claimed about freedom of speech etc., in the US, indian immigrants to US may be afraid of being singled out by Big Brother if they criticize their racism, sitting there.

I therefore request you to continue giving us news about racist incidents in US if it is not inconvenient to you.

Last edited:
Sowbagyavathy Happyhindu,

I respect your choice not to respond. However, please be informed, I don't make 'excuses' ever. I present logical arguments. sorry, the word 'excuse' is my petpeeve. Few times I took my employers to task for using that word 'excuse'. In our discussion there was no portion for which I seek excuse from you or from anyone else. I present my arguments as I see them. Of course, you need not respond to this either. I just wanted to say, I don't make excuses.

Cheers!
Thankyou Shri Raghy. The stuff is repetitive and no punyam is going to accrue by continuoisly repeating the same things again. I would request readers to go thru old threads on "tamilbrahmins.com", by searching with relevant tag words of their interest on google for various discussions on mutts, caste issues, etc.

Those who profess rigid adherence to their caste tend to have a limited vision, which does not allow them to think from an other man's shoes. Some may want to assuage their guilt by drawing equivalence, and comparing with practices elsewhere, possibly hoping that may mitigate the wrongdoings of their kind. Well, its natural. Nothing wrong with doing so.

All the same, its pointless to be repetitive or to reason out. Readers can very well go thru old threads and form their own views. Am aware i have been harsh, which some may think is offensive. The directly crass blunt value was deliberate in order to bring home certain points, in those who can never bring themselves to think in an other angle. Am not apologetic about it.

I welcome feedback from readers, by PMs and emails, over the IDSN position paper. Considering the loopholes in indian laws, the opportunist politicians, and the miserable way in which our police functions, do you think intervention by human rights groups is the right way to go about handling casteism? Thankyou.

The article says "Those who perform the ritual include Brahmins". That i suppose is a nice ploy to lead people to believe every 'caste' takes part in it. Sacrifice one or two of our own, and brainwash the bulk of NBs.

I seriously would like to know who are the 'brahmins' doing the rolling over job, and what sort of skin diseases get cured from rolling over brahmins' leftovers. Hope the newspaper reports more.

AFAIK, this offensive, inhuman practice has been a monopoly of Bs. If in Kukke temple other caste people are also allowed, may be we can take it as a sign of egalitarian lunatic club. But I do not think the Bs will easily allow NBs in other places because in those other places the reward is not cure of skin diseases but spiritual elevation, the freeware for that!

While on this topic, it is relevant to narrate an incident that happened during 1957-60, my college years. I was then more drawn by communist ideology and had very little connection with things religious. One swami had reportedly arrived in our locality consisting of about 5 agrahaarams, and had landed in a small, humble dwelling (one small room amd sharing bath-room & WC with a second dwelling) in which one lone widow had lived, making and selling appalams (and died).

It seems this swami was to be fed sumptuously in the noon. After he finished his meals, the leftovers in the plantain leaves will be completely mixed and served as the first item to the rest of the people who would eat subsequently. The youth who heard this were not at all amused and sort of kept an eye on the goings-on. After some days they caught the swami red-handed in compromising position with a married brahmin woman devotee of his, physically thrashed him and ordered him to quit the town before next sunrise. Nothing was heard of that fellow thereafter.

In my youthful disdain I ventured to ask my father's chithi, a mottai paatti without any child, whether she was not interested in partaking of the swamiji's blessings. She understood my mind and replied - ஆம்படையான் சப்பிட்ட எச்சல் எலேல இந்தக்காலத்திலெ சாப்பிடமாட்டேங்கறா, ஆனா சாமியார் எச்சலெ சாப்பிடுவாளாம்: ஸ்வாமிகோவில் ப்ரஸாதம் தின்னு கெடைக்கற வைகுண்டம் போரும் எனக்கு.

Note: No NB was associated with the left-over eating ritual.

AFAIK, this offensive, inhuman practice has been a monopoly of Bs. If in Kukke temple other caste people are also allowed, may be we can take it as a sign of egalitarian lunatic club. But I do not think the Bs will easily allow NBs in other places because in those other places the reward is not cure of skin diseases but spiritual elevation, the freeware for that!

Note: No NB was associated with the left-over eating ritual.
Dear Sir,

From newspapers i understand the ritual is held in 3 places, not just kukke subramanya temple. Maybe this link will help Made snana going on at Udupi Krishna mutt from ages - Times Of India

A casteist ritual ? - Devotees roll over leftover food in a casteist ritual in Subrahmanya temple : South News - India Today

Egalitarian lunatic club or not i dunno, but it seems a nicely structured way to get NBs to humiliate themselves, all ofcourse thru the platform of religious practice / spiritualism.

Salient points from an article on valmiki community in the indian express, 1 dec 2011.

1. In the british era this community was given the job of cleaning the city and its drains. (note: the job was given)
2. Sometimes, they suffered the tag of 'untouchables'. Despite this status, they have taken great pride in their work.(note: pride in community and work)
3. Growing number of youngsters are dropping out of school; so development is taking a back stage.
4. They want a 2% reservation in education, government jobs and in administration for 10 years; they will then become self sufficient and developed and will not need any kind of aid.

Unless the educated, affluent members of the community work for the overall improvement of the community and diversion to other jobs, the community will not prosper. There is no point in blaming the brahmins or the caste system.

Their work, their pride - Indian Express

IN madasnana reports, people from all castes has rapidly morphed into backward castes to dalits (in bold). And a mischievous addition - served to brahmins, which is not true. From the video it appears that people of all communities, males and females, young and old, take part.

Why should the government intervene?
It is a local affair, act is performed voluntarily, temple doesn't make money and people wait for one full year for the special occasion. Why can't veerappa appeal to the devotees?

Salient points from an article on valmiki community in the indian express, 1 dec 2011.

1. In the british era this community was given the job of cleaning the city and its drains. (note: the job was given)
2. Sometimes, they suffered the tag of 'untouchables'. Despite this status, they have taken great pride in their work.(note: pride in community and work)
3. Growing number of youngsters are dropping out of school; so development is taking a back stage.
4. They want a 2% reservation in education, government jobs and in administration for 10 years; they will then become self sufficient and developed and will not need any kind of aid.

Unless the educated, affluent members of the community work for the overall improvement of the community and diversion to other jobs, the community will not prosper. There is no point in blaming the brahmins or the caste system.

Their work, their pride - Indian Express
Read an article before you post.

The article says only a few are now studying to become lawyers and engineers. Even if they are educated jobs are difficult to come by. Who to thank this casteism for? No point trying to keep washing off hands.

The term 'bhangi' is a curse word, abuse term. Even changing caste name into Valimiki is of little use to them. What they need is economic development.

They seek two per cent reservation in government jobs, education sectors and in the adminstration sector for 10 years. A resonable expectation.

Let there be a fact finding commission on their population size to give them an appropriate percentage of reservations. Those who want to protest against caste-based reservations, do what you wish, but do remember, you are not going to be given reservations anytime soon.

IN madasnana reports, people from all castes has rapidly morphed into backward castes to dalits (in bold). And a mischievous addition - served to brahmins, which is not true. From the video it appears that people of all communities, males and females, young and old, take part.
There is no difference betwen backward castes and dalits. According to colonial period 'brahmins' there are only 2 groups in kaliyuga -- brahmins and shudras. Put roughly, just Bs and NBs.

The dominant colonial-period brahmins found it convenient to attest that way, since they no longer depended upon their stupid 'kshatriaya' "arms" to create means for brahmin livelihood. They found moksham in the whiteman's offices, with cash, cars, servents, etc.

Who is mischevious will be known soon from a fact finding committe. The minister Acharya is not going to have it easy.

Why should brahmins conduct such a ritual?

It is a local affair, act is performed voluntarily, temple doesn't make money and people wait for one full year for the special occasion. Why can't veerappa appeal to the devotees?
Brainwashed people can voluntarily follow any stupid practice for 'spiritual merit'. Such is the power of religion. Why tolerate such stupidity in the 21st century. There are dematologists in Mangalore. Why go roll over a brahmin's leftovers to cure skin diseases.

Why do brahmins create and/or encourage such practices. I saw an other one, where a brahmin broke coconut on people's heads to cure insanity. So nice cures brahmins have got for the gullible public. No wonder swamijis make so much money.

You suggest a commission to survey their population size and density, reservation and get stuck in the pit and blame others.

I suggest they quit their profession, get alternate skills and become economically self sufficient without government help.

Your unfounded accusations and irrelevant vituperation deserve no attention. You can't change your nature.

Read an article before you post.

Let there be a fact finding commission on their population size to give them an appropriate percentage of reservations. Those who want to protest against caste-based reservations, do what you wish, but do remember, you are not going to be given reservations anytime soon.

There is no difference betwen backward castes and dalits. According to colonial period 'brahmins' there are only 2 groups in kaliyuga -- brahmins and shudras. Put roughly, just Bs and NBs.

The dominant colonial-period brahmins found it convenient to attest that way, since they no longer depended upon their stupid 'kshatriaya' "arms" to create means for brahmin livelihood. They found moksham in the whiteman's offices, with cash, cars, servents, etc.

Who is mischevious will be known soon from a fact finding committe. The minister Acharya is not going to have it easy.

Why should brahmins conduct such a ritual?

Brainwashed people can voluntarily follow any stupid practice for 'spiritual merit'. Such is the power of religion. Why tolerate such stupidity in the 21st century. There are dematologists in Mangalore. Why go roll over a brahmin's leftovers to cure skin diseases.

Why do brahmins create and/or encourage such practices. I saw an other one, where a brahmin broke coconut on people's heads to cure insanity. So nice cures brahmins have got for the gullible public. No wonder swamijis make so much money.

Dear Happy Hindu,

Please take this as a joke but I can not stop smiling to see so many times you are using the word "stupid" in your posts so far.
Isn't that discrimination too? The intelligent and the stupid? See how you have created 2 new castes?

Last edited:
You suggest a commission to survey their population size and density, reservation and get stuck in the pit and blame others.

I suggest they quit their profession, get alternate skills and become economically self sufficient without government help.

Your unfounded accusations and irrelevant vituperation deserve no attention. You can't change your nature.
These guys can't even get jobs because of social ostracism. Wonder what alternate skills they can acquire without money. And that too when they are totally shunned. Btw, your reasoning powers are soo good, maybe you deserve a place in guiness book of world-records, alongside super-intelligent ancestors.

Btw, if my posts deserve no attention, you have no need to respond to them.

Dear Happy Hindu,

Please take this as a joke but I can not stop smiling to see so many times you are using the word "stupid" in your posts so far.
Isn't that discrimination too? The intelligent and the stupid? See how you have created 2 new castes?
Dear Brahin,

The categorization of intelligent and stupid is already well publicized by super-intelligent brahmins. Brahmins invented everything in the sky, earth, everywhere. I come under the category of stupid people, that is, Non-Brahmins. A poor person like me cannot create new castes. All we can do is wonder at how intelligent people can steal, interpolate, extrapolate, obfuscate....

Smt. Happy Hindu,

I am sure that no sane person will support this made snana ritual. But the saddest part, for me at least, is that in the tv clip, the announcer says that this practice had gone out of vogue but has since staged a comeback lately. I suspect the hands of the hindutva parties in this development.

Having said that, I do not believe that the brahmins would have deliberately engineered in this resurrection. Unless we get at least some hint towards such a conclusion, I do not think it is necessary or advisable to put the blame on brahmins for each and every shortcoming in the society; it will be 'misobrahmany', simply.

Having said that, I do not believe that the brahmins would have deliberately engineered in this resurrection.
Lets wait for the fact finding committe to do its job and further newspaper reports. Why claim anything until then.

Unless we get at least some hint towards such a conclusion, I do not think it is necessary or advisable to put the blame on brahmins for each and every shortcoming in the society; it will be 'misobrahmany', simply.
Request you to elaborate more on this. Are you saying i must wait for a conclusion on the made-snana ritual before putting blame on brahmins "for each and every shortcoming" in the society? Unfortunately sir, i don't see any connection between the made-snana ritual and the extensive work you suggest.

Sir, you have a great vocabulary and can conjure up various types of words. However, instead of a broad-based advice/suggestion, i would be glad if you can point out which part of my posts are misplaced or mistaken. If i know i have got something wrong, then i can readily correct myself.

Sangom sir, #90.
I have not lived in the shoes of some of these people "who keep claiming the atrocities being perpetuated by Brahmins". An isolated incident may have happened, something nasty may have been written in some fiction, but I have not found any widespread suppression by BRAHMIN. On the other hand I find majority of Brahmins are poor, have no say, and a minority with out quota.
The Race situation in US is does not affect majority of the people of color. One point I would like to differ from you, You are white or you are colored. The gradation in color is a myth.

Discrimination plays major role in poor communities. Crime is higher in economically deprived community. Most of the ills that affect the society is due to greed, and jealousy.

I see the advantages and disadvantages to living in USA, as opposed to living in India. For an average middle class person with no special connections the life of PIO is better in USA than in India. IMO if you have connections in India, it is the best place for PIO in old age.

Last edited:

Superstitions can not be legislated. If people want to practice some hideous act, others can try to educate them, but can not stop it, unless it is illegal. The average poor person drinks all their money and gets into domestic violence more often than that. I do not see the outrage in this site about the domestic violence. I suppose it is a private matter for these people.

I think sometimes people have very little sense, to confuse Brahmin with Brahman takes the cake. sometimes half knowledge is worse than no knowledge. According to philosophy Brahman is the sole cause of every thing not Brahmin. Cha-Cha-Cha, what ignorance.

Wikipedia definition:
In Hinduism, Brahman (bráhman) is the one supreme, universal Spirit that is the origin and support of the phenomenal universe.[1] Brahman is sometimes referred to as the Absolute or Godhead[2] which is the Divine Ground[3] of all being. Brahman is conceived as personal ("with qualities"), impersonal ("without qualities") and/or supreme depending on the philosophical school.

Brahmin is a name used to designate a member of one of the four varnas in the traditional Hindu society.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back