• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Did you know that...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear all,
What is so wrong if anyone calls a senior woman/man by name?
U know sometimes its like being close..i know i also write Ji for most people cos of Protocol but I always feel being close is what love is all about..not red tape in addressing anyone..I am a 41 year old married woman who doesnt mind anyone calling me by my maiden name Renuka Karthikayan...even younger ones..I am the eldest daughter in law and all my bro and sis in law call me Renu only and my younger bro also calls me Renu only..

U know what i was thinking? when we are alive..all titles we have Shri Shrimati,Doctor,Sir, Ji..etc.. but u know when u witness a Shraddha Ceremony no such titled is confered upon us..We came without a name (Anamika) and go with the given name without any titles and we take new name again in next janma.

This is my personal opinion and dont intend to hurt anyone sentiments..Love u all..
So i might not use Ji or Sir from now..

Last edited:
Dear Smt. Renu,

I appreciate your response in this thread. If someone is close and calls by the maiden name, it is not an issue at all! I am going to be a senior citizen next year.... Still, everyone including the tiny tots in our family (my hubby's side) calls me Raji manni! But if some unknown person addresses me 'Hello Raji', it will surely hurt me! Of course, this is also my personal opinion!

FYI, all my music class students call me 'Raji Miss' and I like it too... :thumb:

Regards,
Raji Ram

Last edited:
Dear Smt. Renu,

I appreciate your response in this thread. If someone is close and call by the maiden name, it is not an issue at all! I am going to be a senior citizen next year.... Still, everyone including the tiny tots in our family (my hubby's side) call me Raji manni! But if some unknown person addresses my 'Hello Raji', it will surely hurt me! Of course, this is also my personal opinion!

FYI all my music class students call me 'Raji Miss' and I like it too... :thumb:

Regards,
Raji Ram

Dear Raji,
I love to be informal so call me Renu..dont worry nothing really hurts our true self..

Mano Buddhi Ahankara Chitta Ninaham
Nacha Shrotra Jihve Na Cha Ghrana Netre
Nacha Vyoma Bhoomir Na Tejo Na Vayu
Chidananda Rupa Shivoham Shivoham

The shortest route to man's heart is

through his stomach! :hungry:

So apparently the shortest route to a woman's heart is

through her short pet name. :thumb:

My opinion!

I am in my mid sixties and still everyone calls me visal!

But someone whom I do not know from Adam (or from Eve for the purpose)

calls me visal when I don't even know whether the person is a man/ woman/

boy/ girl/ thatha/ patti... how am I supposed to feel?!

It is not that we demand respect by the prefix or suffix but why does that person

want to conceal his/her identity while feeling so free with the other people?

The shortest route to man's heart is

through his stomach! :hungry:

So apparently the shortest route to a woman's heart is

through her short pet name. :thumb:

My opinion!

I am in my mid sixties and still everyone calls me visal!

But someone whom I do not know from Adam (or from Eve for the purpose)

calls me visal when I don't even know whether the person is a man/ woman/

boy/ girl/ thatha/ patti... how am I supposed to feel?!

It is not that we demand respect by the prefix or suffix but why does that person

want to conceal his/her identity while feeling so free with the other people?

Dear Visalakshi Raman,

In a forum most of us dont really know each other truly, all of us are Username and Password only,so how do we really know whats someone's marital status or age etc.
We dont fill up all this details cos its Public Forum.
So how to blame anyone for not knowing our details and about giving respect ?U see I write my name as Renuka here but does anyone really know if I am male or female or really Renuka? No isnt it..thats why I said we are just username and password only.
In fact I also didnt guess you are in your sixties..I thought you must be in your early twenties cos i see "youth" in this thread you maintain..It reminds me of my university days when we meet friends and tell "hey did u know this" and everyone will say "what tell tell"

So what i am trying to say is we can be anyone online..any image can be projected.In a forum "Seniority" is alloted to us like how you and i are veterans here and some one older to both of us might be a "junior".

After all age is just a number..

Last edited:
dear Renu!

I can expect people to know about ME since I have filled up my profile

-including my Jatakam :) - and added my photo taken a year ago!

What more do I have to do?

Age is only a number! We can be young as we want to be!

Male members can hide under a female name and vice versa!

Teenagers can confront super seniors and comment on them- knowing nothing

about them in reality!

Everything is possible since it is an open forum! Still..

Is it wrong to be civil to others- whom you may know nothing about?

Seniors and veterans address the others very politely in this forum.

So the new 'B' must be a young/innocent person!

with warm regards,
V.R.

P.S.

V.R looks and sounds O.K and saves a lot of time needed for typing my full name :)

It also looks and sounds civil!

Last edited:
Dear Wide eyed (Visalakshi)

I didnt mean to offend you..dont get me wrong please.
I also didnt know you had provided very detail info online cos it can actually be unsafe..believe me Predators are everywhere and no Public Forum is an exception(believe me!!!from personal experience).
If i offended you unknowingly my apologies to you.

renu

P.S..we can learn from anyone at anytime..age does not always spell wisdom,believe me I see many teenagers these days who can put anyone to shame in their understanding of lots of things including religion and God..wisdom is awareness and awareness is ageless.

Last edited:
Dear Renu,

I wonder whether you went thro' my threads எண்ண அலைகள்,பயணக் கவிதைகள் and ஓ அமெரிக்கா.... Whatever I have recorded in those threads are my real experiences! But as far as possible, I have NOT given the names of my family members. But my real name is given as my user name too... :thumb:

I have a nine year old kid in my music class and he has given his age in face book as 33!! I used to tease him saying that a lady in her early thirties will land with bag and baggages in his apartment, one fine morning, to propose to him!! :pound:

Cheers!
Raji Ram

Dear Sowbagyavathy VR,

Greetings. Shortest route, sometimes to a woman's heart is through her stomach too! Even last night, my wife rang from work to ask me to cook her supper.... After all, cooking is நள பாகம்!:nod:

Cheers!

Dear friends!

சமைக்கும் ஆண்கள்... குக்கர்!

சமைக்கும் பெண்கள் ... குக்கி!!
cheers...:cheer2:

Last edited:
Dear Renu,

I wonder whether you went thro' my threads எண்ண அலைகள்,பயணக் கவிதைகள் and ஓ அமெரிக்கா.... Whatever I have recorded in those threads are my real experiences! But as far as possible, I have NOT given the names of my family members. But my real name is given as my user name too... :thumb:

I have a nine year old kid in my music class and he has given his age in face book as 33!! I used to tease him saying that a lady in her early thirties will land with bag and baggages in his apartment, one fine morning, to propose to him!! :pound:

Cheers!
Raji Ram

Dear Raji,
Even my name is real only Renuka is my name and Karthikayan is my dads name.
I am aged 41, married and have an 11 year old son whose hands are visible in my pic i put here..he was making a cute gesture at the back of my head.

renu

dear Renu,

If I were a glam-mam like you, I should be afraid of predators!

At my age people will either sympathize with me or wish to keep away

from me and avoid any close association.

Also, 'When god is on our side no one can harm us!'

The info was given for the sake of my blogs at wordpress.com and later

my home page was made my profile in tambram.com!

with best wishes,
V.R.

Dear Mr. Raghy,

I wish i had married a Nalan too!

My Nalan only finds fault with everything I cook - no salt, no taste no kaaram and

what not! I am on a less- salt diet and sugar-free-diet whereas he needs one

tablespoon sugar (15 m.gms) in his coffee and liberal helpings of salt on

everything he eats. We could not have been more unlike! :)

with warm regards,
V.R.

You are perfectly right dear sister Raji Ram!

That is what is making us stick together amidst all the odds

and the ocean of differences, for over four decades! :)

We actually complement each other!

My weaknesses are his strength and vice versa.

So the differences are automatically taken care of!
:peace:

dear Renu,

If I were a glam-mam like you, I should be afraid of predators!

At my age people will either sympathize with me or wish to keep away

from me and avoid any close association.

Also, 'When god is on our side no one can harm us!'

The info was given for the sake of my blogs at wordpress.com and later

my home page was made my profile in tambram.com!

with best wishes,
V.R.

Dear Vishalakshi,

I agree with you on technical grounds..'When God is on our side no one can harm us' but at same time beg to differ...cos God is Dvandaateetam beyond the dualities of this material world such as happiness & sorrow, good & bad, merit & demerit.
God doesnt really takes sides..
So nothing is really right or wrong in our lifes..all are just experiences which moulds us.

I will check out your blogs at wordpress.com.

P.S when i said Predators in Public Forums i wasnt talking about Predators which go for looks or anything cos I am no young chick myself. i am a middle aged woman..I was talking about Predators having access to personal info online and can misuse our info and alter things online and u will be suprised to see someonelse using our identity somewhere else.

renu

Last edited:
[FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]# 1.When a whale becomes sick...

The prime target of the whaling industry has been he Sperm whale for over 200 years.The reason...?

It contains as much as 500 gallons of purest oil in its forehead! The oil is the best and the finest natural lubricant known to man!

Early hunters mistook the oil to contain animal sperm and hence the misnomer 'Sperm whale'.

Yet this purest form oil loses its value when compared to the ugly, evil smelling, black lump of waxy matter regurgitated by the 'sick whale!'

'Ambergris' or the 'gray amber' as it is called is the product of the irritation caused by the hard beaks of the thousands of squids, the whale swallows whole!
[/FONT]

[FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]# 2. When a whale becomes sick..![/FONT]

Ambergris is found floating on the surface of the sea.Due to its exposure to sunlight and air, it becomes paler in color and slowly develops a pleasant fragrance of its own!

But its chief merit is its ability to fix the other ingredients in a perfume and make it last longer-by drastically slowing down the rate of evaporation.

Usually Ambergris found floating free, weighs only a few ounces. But in 1912, a mass of 1003 pounds of ambergris was found in a whale's intestine. It was sold for a tidy sum of 23.000 pounds-considered a windfall in those days!

Even a sick and dead whale can make a person a millionaire-if God wills it!,

Dear Sowbagyavathy VR,

Greetings. My wife did not marry a 'Nalan' either; actually had no idea about cooking. Then the journey to 'learn to cook' slowly started. For a very long time, my cooking was haphazardous at the 'best' of times. At the time of our daughter's birth, I was helping her with everything; plus I cooked. That was when, I paid attention to cook some decent food. When my wife went back to school to study full time, I took over the kitchen.

I must admit, men are not as tolarent as women; I notice women still enjoy food in a hotel/restaurants even though most of them can cook well.. but, I can't stand if the quality of the food is lower. I seldom step into any Indian restaurants.

Cheers!

dear Mr. Raghy,

Women enjoy any kind of cooking -since it will be different from their own!

So there will be a novelty. It will be an interesting and welcome change- so to say!

But men want only the best- always!

That makes a lot of difference in their attitudes I suppose :)

If I can't cook (for any reason) I must be prepared to starve! :(

That is how things stand!

with warm regards,
V.R.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back