• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Dalits view

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some time back few dalits were burnt alive in remote places of Maharashtr Madya pardesh etc were reported in the print media . For this few response from angry dalit was also seen Few intersting response
Burnig Dalits is old age practice nothing new. Nandanar who is belived to have merged with agni in Chidambaram according to this response is pushed into fire and to cover it up was revered as a nayanmar by other casts

In the story relating to Pandavas escape from Burning wax house they forcibly locked equal number of dalits before escaping and when actually fire broke out these people were burnt to death to make Duryodhan & co on seeing these charred body to belive that Pandavas were burnt to death:crazy: any opinion on this?

But what are the facts?

1)Who (which community) burts Dalits in Maharastra for what reason?

2) Dalit is a word of recent origin and has a political connotation of today's India. When you say Pandavas burnt dalits you are doing a cut-and -paste operation with retrospective effect

3) Any word-of the-mouth storty undergoes incremental distortions as it propagates.Your distorion of Mahabharata is the latest one.

4)Whether Nandanar was burnt and then reverred as Nayanmar cannot be verified. Even if true it is what happens in politics, particlarly caste politics. Today Sonia Ghandi is blacking out P V Narasimha Rao's kick starting of economic reforms and says it is all Rajiv Gandhi's spirit (Pun intended) Dravidan parties are promoting Tiruvalluvar. Fine But why Subrahmaniya Bharatiyar does not seem to exist for them? Love of Tamil language is always a political tool. So also Dalit issues

5)Why you are posting this in a Tamilbrahmins forum? Is it due to Brahmins Vs Dalits frame of mind. If so pls check if you understand Pandavas as Brahmins or Kshatriyas.

But what are the facts?

1)Who (which community) burnt Dalits in Maharashtra for what reason?

2) Dalit is a word of recent origin and has a political connotation of today's India. When you say Pandavas burnt dalits you are doing a cut-and -paste operation with retrospective effect

3) Any word-of the-mouth storty undergoes incremental distortions as it propagates.Your distorion of Mahabharata is the latest one.

4)Whether Nandanar was burnt and then revered as Nayanmar cannot be verified. Even if true it is what happens in politics, particularly caste politics. Today Sonia Ghandi is blacking out P V Narasimha Rao's kick starting of economic reforms and says it is all Rajiv Gandhi's spirit (Pun intended) Dravidan parties are promoting Tiruvalluvar. Fine But why Subrahmaniya Bharatiyar does not seem to exist for them? Love of Tamil language is always a political tool. So also Dalit issues

5)Why you are posting this in a Tamilbrahmins forum? Is it due to Brahmins Vs Dalits frame of mind. If so pls check if you understand Pandavas as Brahmins or Kshatriyas.

Sri. Jambu said:-

"Burnig Dalits is old age practice nothing new. Nandanar who is belived to have merged with agni in Chidambaram according to this response is pushed into fire and to cover it up was revered as a nayanmar by other casts"

Sri. Jambu, If burning dalits is old age practice, then you should be able to back it up with neumerous references. I am sure, you would be able to produce them here to enlighten us. Thank you.

About Nandanar - I don't remember reading anything clsoe to that. I am sure you would have read it some where (In Periya Puranam?). I humbly request you to enlighten me with references, please. Thank you.

"In the story relating to Pandavas escape from Burning wax house they forcibly locked equal number of dalits before escaping and when actually fire broke out these people were burnt to death to make Duryodhan & co on seeing these charred body to belive that Pandavas were burnt to death:crazy: any opinion on this?"

Sri. Jambu, I am sure you are going to quote Vyasa from the original text to ascertain the quoted message from you. I think I would hold my opinion until I actually read your references. Thanks.

Have a Good Day!

Cheers!

In between serious life , when people peacefully go on with their normal routine,some characters throw some stone from wild darkness and escape. The people on the scene , without knowing who did it, start blaming each other, may come to blows.The thrower and his gang watch gleefully, if possible rob or commit some more crimes exploiting the melee and situation.

My wild imagination goes to doubt Sri Jambu of that genere.

I exhort the sincere and naive not to get hooked.

May New Year Bring Only Peace and Stability to this forum.

Greetings.

Am also eager for your references... How merely with the words one can say that oldage practice...

I think both the examples have their own other (real) sides. Some ill and evil-minded alone can think it in the other way around. Why dont the same think of "Thirupanazhwar" sitting in the shoulder of Srirangam's cheif priest? Why not the pot-maker "Thiruneelakanda Kuyavanar" and even "saakiya nayanar" totally out of our religion at all...

Am waiting for Mr.Jambu's reply (in the sense with proven and acceptable evidences) in this regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back