• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Committed to a Brahminical lifestyle: Need advice please!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes of course thambi u want to sound innocent, but you're very cunning. Periyar was from ur caste, i think.

See...if u like the brahmin way of life, you can live that way, nobody can stop you. Strictly speaking, one who knows brahman is Brahmana. So, u can watch some video like this
and realise brahman and be a real brahmana. Lao Tzu became enlightened watching a dry leaf fall from a tree. You can live like ur wish, realise brahman itself, nobody can stop you.

But where is the need to 'become a brahmin'? Being born to brahmin parents doesn't say anything about you expect that ur born to brahmin parents. (or father. Don't ask me about Nairs and matrilineality in tamil culture. Thats a separate topic.)

It doesn't speak about your abilities or purity or impurity or anything. It's just a tag.

But why do you want that? What do you want?

You want to sound very innocent, but you're not. What you want is not that value system. What you want is that tag.

Assuming the gotra of ur guru, anointing urself with those symbols because ur grandfather and some nutcase brahmin (there are many in this site) guy told you "if u feel it's right go ahead" are all outright fraud and forgery.

You know what you're doing is fraud. Thanthai Periyar was from your caste. But you're appealing to some clueless pacifist woke uncles who you know will give you the response that you want.

But then, nobody can stop you. Especially if you're out of India or in Delhi bombay etc. Go ahead.
Secondly, watching a video "and realizing BrahmaN" does not make one a brAhmin. There are six specified duties and a lifestyle that must be maintained. Enlightenment is not the property of one group of people. My question was related to being able to continue the lifestyle I was raised in and continuing the legacy of my family and gurU and if that was ok to do while keeping with DharmA, or the natural order that the Divine has set in stone for us. That is all; no need for me to get a "Tag". Thank you.

Sir,

Namaskaram. With all d...

.The vIrA bananju (balajigA) guild was started over a 1000 years ago by 500 swAmIs of ayyavOle. Members of all varnAs (including brAhmin-shrestis, or chettis) merged into the guild. In fact, recent research suggests that members of the gOtrA janakakulA or raghukulA may be descendents of janakA or IkshvAku dynasty and the gotra of jyanakula may have been from those priestly members who took up arms to lead in times of war ("gyana"+kulA). Therefore, I do respect PeriyAr's intentions and realize that there may have been issues at the time, but as a believer of sanAthana dharmam (which extends much much beyond the caste of balijAs), I cannot support or feel connected to him on all fronts. It is high time we view people as people first, beyond their caste.

If you don't worry about any 'tags', then why elaborate on supposed brahmin roots of balija chettis? :p :)

(1) One hundred years of the most toxic non-violent hate known to man, and (2) the 'Dravidian' sociopolitical worldview, and (3) the mega cult called 'Periyar'...yes. 'Periyar' was not a person. Not just that person. 'Periyar' is a cult...

(1), (2), (3) were mainly built by 3 castes

A. Nattukottai Nagarathar
B. Saiva Vellalar
C. Thuluva Vellala Mudaliar (+sengundhars)

Periyar's caste, Balija Naidus, were the descendants of the rulers of Tamil Nadu and Sri Lanka. Madurai, Tanjore, and Kandi Nayakas. But Balija Nayakudu/Chettis were not like the absolute monarchs. The above mentioned castes were the 'elites'. The socio-cultural-political-religious elites. Brahmin hate was from the above group. Periyar's Brahmin hate was from Nagarathar-Vellalar. Balija Naidus had brahmin hate too, but it was not so big, and not so visceral as to be institutionalized, and be part of the flesh and bones of the Chettiar-Mudaliar-Pillai (Dravidian) movement. But Periyar was an important tool. And here is periyar's grandson, asking about how to become a brahmin, adopting guru's gotra...what next? How to get a brahmin woman, then marry the children back to brahmins...thats what chettiar/mudaliar/pillai do.

I see on this forum all the time. somebody lamenting about how hard it is to get brides, and thta brahmins must view ppl like saiva pillai who "share the lifestyle". I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Your castemen were the facade behind which chettiar, mudaliar, pillai have been spewing unimaginable amounts of toxic hate against brahmins in Tamil Nadu for one hundred years. Not just during Dravidian Movement...this alliance between the elites of tamil lands, and the nayakas is several hundred years old. It was ariyanatha mudaliar who made viswanatha nayaka as the nayaka of tamilnadu, and vellalas and nayakas had strong ties even in colombo. The Dravidian Movement was what the Mudaliars, Chettiars and Balija Naidus constructed for the British, in order to thwart the freedom struggle efforts of the Congress, in which Brahmins abounded...and to cement the British rule in south india. Brahmin hate was already festering in the vellala quarters, so they gladly complied. And here you are!

Not just you, there are lots of Chettiar/Mudaliars in the USA, UK, Germany, Malaysia, South Africa, etc who are totally 'innocent'. Very very innocently being deep devoted followers of sanathana tharma. They have no clue what their fathers, uncles, grandfathers did, and have been doing, till today. Im strongly inclined to think its by design. They want to keep you in the dark. They want to protect this 'innocence'.

Secondly, watching a video "and realizing BrahmaN" does not make one a brAhmin. There are six specified duties and a lifestyle that must be maintained. Enlightenment is not the property of one group of people. My question was related to being able to continue the lifestyle I was raised in and continuing the legacy of my family and gurU and if that was ok to do while keeping with DharmA, or the natural order that the Divine has set in stone for us. That is all; no need for me to get a "Tag". Thank you.
I always thought 'one who knows brahman is a brahmana'. Let's forget all about shastras, dharma blah blah blah. All scriptures are written by man. The "lifestyle I was raised in" was done by your family elders who wanted that tag of upper caste, in spite of spewing venom of hate on that caste for a century, back home.

They are very conveniently putting on that very same garb when they leave their native lands, and this is nothing new. I have heard this many time. Tamils claiming to be brahmins when they go to USA or Delhi etc. This nappasai is what leads to the hate. I don't want to bring in the politics into this thread, but there is an awful lot of it.

//continuing the legacy of my family and gurU and if that was ok to do while keeping with DharmA, or the natural order that the Divine has set in stone for us//

Your family and guru, and a lot of nutcase uncles in this forum will tell you "Don't worry about what others will say and think. Bhakti is all that matters. If you feel its right, go ahead and do it. Nobody can stop you."

This is the answer you want. 'sanction of dharma' is a cheap thing. It can be had for anything. Its all a matter of searching in the right place, and deliberately closing your eyes to all other things.

Lets forget scripture, dharma, divine, etc. All those are concepts created by man.

Lets keep it simple. We are all born into castes. We didn't choose our caste. And the system in vogue is....caste is permanent. If you are born into one, that is your caste for life. You could be a brahmana who has realised brahman, but you would be a paraiyar or balija nayakudu or thondaimandala thuluva vellala agamudaya mudaliar, whichever caste you were born into.

This is the agreed system in India. An agreement among everyone in society. You want to change this. Fine. Do you need sanction of dharma, or the sanction of everyone in society? The agreement between man and man is most sacred. That is why i said you are looking for somebody who will give you the answer that you need. And amongst tamil brahmin geniuses, that is not too hard. take that naamam potta r&d ungil for ex. these are wokes and liberals, like charu haasan. they just want to appear cool by being iconoclastic. they are not aware of the damage they do. those are the ones who can give you 'the answer that you are looking for'. and lo, 'sanction of dharma', done!

But is that the case as per the unspoken, unwritten agreement?

Why do you want to anoint yourself with the symbols of some other caste? because YOU WANT THE TAG! And you are looking for chaaru haasans who can give you 'the answer that you need'.

What is inside that urge to anoint yourself with symbols/lifestyle?

You know that they are the markings of upper caste. you are aware of that. So, you want to wear that garb. but u know ur in violation of the rules in indian society, leave alone dharma, scripture, etc.

if u didn't carry notions that brahmin is upper caste then that tag wouldn't prick you. wanting to follow that lifestyle automatically means that you deem all others to be lower. you are aware of this. what are those 6 lifestyles? lets see how many brahmins follow them today :D. U are eyeing for those 6, but you messed up basic morality/ethics/rules. modhalukkey mosam aaiduchey.

You are asking this question because you know what you are doing is fraud and forgery, but u have deep nappasai, like nagarathar-vellalar. you are searching for somebody who will tell you it is ok, and allay this guilt. you will get plenty.

I always thought 'one who knows brahman is a brahmana'. Let's forget all about shastras, dharma blah blah blah. All scriptures are written by man. The "lifestyle I was raised in" was done by your family elders who wanted that tag of upper caste, in spite of spewing venom of hate on that caste for a century, back home.

They are very conveniently putting on that very same garb when they leave their native lands, and this is nothing new. I have heard this many time. Tamils claiming to be brahmins when they go to USA or Delhi etc. This nappasai is what leads to the hate. I don't want to bring in the politics into this thread, but there is an awful lot of it.

//continuing the legacy of my family and gurU and if that was ok to do while keeping with DharmA, or the natural order that the Divine has set in stone for us//

Your family and guru, and a lot of nutcase uncles in this forum will tell you "Don't worry about what others will say and think. Bhakti is all that matters. If you feel its right, go ahead and do it. Nobody can stop you."

This is the answer you want. 'sanction of dharma' is a cheap thing. It can be had for anything. Its all a matter of searching in the right place, and deliberately closing your eyes to all other things.

Lets forget scripture, dharma, divine, etc. All those are concepts created by man.

Lets keep it simple. We are all born into castes. We didn't choose our caste. And the system in vogue is....caste is permanent. If you are born into one, that is your caste for life. You could be a brahmana who has realised brahman, but you would be a paraiyar or balija nayakudu or thondaimandala thuluva vellala agamudaya mudaliar, whichever caste you were born into.

This is the agreed system in India. An agreement among everyone in society. You want to change this. Fine. Do you need sanction of dharma, or the sanction of everyone in society? The agreement between man and man is most sacred. That is why i said you are looking for somebody who will give you the answer that you need. And amongst tamil brahmin geniuses, that is not too hard. take that naamam potta r&d ungil for ex. these are wokes and liberals, like charu haasan. they just want to appear cool by being iconoclastic. they are not aware of the damage they do. those are the ones who can give you 'the answer that you are looking for'. and lo, 'sanction of dharma', done!

But is that the case as per the unspoken, unwritten agreement?

Why do you want to anoint yourself with the symbols of some other caste? because YOU WANT THE TAG! And you are looking for chaaru haasans who can give you 'the answer that you need'.

What is inside that urge to anoint yourself with symbols/lifestyle?

You know that they are the markings of upper caste. you are aware of that. So, you want to wear that garb. but u know ur in violation of the rules in indian society, leave alone dharma, scripture, etc.

if u didn't carry notions that brahmin is upper caste then that tag wouldn't prick you. wanting to follow that lifestyle automatically means that you deem all others to be lower. you are aware of this. what are those 6 lifestyles? lets see how many brahmins follow them today :D. U are eyeing for those 6, but you messed up basic morality/ethics/rules. modhalukkey mosam aaiduchey.

You are asking this question because you know what you are doing is fraud and forgery, but u have deep nappasai, like nagarathar-vellalar. you are searching for somebody who will tell you it is ok, and allay this guilt. you will get plenty.
Sir, I do not even understand what the nagarathars or some of the other groups you have described are. I assure you my family has no “brahmin-hatred” and I have never really heard of those attitudes in Andhra. My dads best friends growing up were from all castes (and they included brAhmins too). However, I thank you for your opinion and I’ll try to think about what you said with an open mind. And regarding “upper caste”, isn’t the concept of varnA that all varnAs are different but not less or more? We need all sorts of people. That’s what my AchArya said in the POV of Vaishnava viewpoint. I definitely do have guilt like you said (and that only developed recently after reading some of the translations of the Bramha-sUtrAs). I assure you there is no need for a tag, but admittedly I wholeheartedly believe that this lifestyle is the best and most superior for MY peace of mind, and that is why I want to stay true to it and continue that. For me, yes. Meat eating and getting drunk and what not is most definitely lower. That’s just the way I was raised and I cannot go back. You said that according to Indian culture in Vogue, we are permanently born into castes. Well if our ancestors thought that way, why would there even be these many castes? Even in the 1700s there were only 9 jAthis across the breadth of BhArathavarshA. In the 1800s there are records of 72 bOyA families who adopted the brAhminic lifestyle and “became brAhmins”. Now there are 100s-1000s of jAthis. Social constructs are always evolving, but it is hard to decipher which are sanctioned by dharmA and which are not was my issue. Regarding the 6 duties- exactly my point, those who do not follow them are not brAhmins but vrAtyAs or at best descendants of brAhmins (brAhmana-bandhUs). I do not know what “nappisai” means. However, I will give what you said some thought. Maybe I do need to be humbled as to what my intentions are and I will definitely do some introspection. Also, I am not Periyar’s grandson lol. I despise a lot of the stands he took and the stupidity that the cult (as you rightly stated) caused in society. That’s like saying if there was one bad brAhmin (by birth) who did bad things (and yes there are plenty of good and bad people from all walks of life), I should get mad at you for being his “grandson.” I only brought up the roots of the balijA caste as another example that there were members of all varnAs in the guild and how humans consolidated yet another group. If anything, it was destroying the idea that balijAs are some “elite class”. My loyalty is to sanathana dharmA and the vedic traditions. If someone has hurt you and you are mad at me for that, I will still apologize and hope that we may be cordial. I do thank you for your time in giving me your opinion though. It is clear that you disagree with this and I did ask for all opinions so I do respect disagreements as well. dhanyOsmi

Dear Govindh,
As much as the post of "cm123534" is harsh and uncalled for but there is one thing i have to agree with what he says.

He used the word " TAG"
Ok, I agree that none of us should seek any tag but I am not saying this with harsh undertones ...but rather I mean to say one can just lose all man made identity when we surrender to God.

So there is no need to seek any type of lifestyle..just be yourself.

Seek yourself and hear what your heart resonates with.
Varna tags are only important for anyone who is still very much attached to his genetics or guna or janma.

Move beyond the need to mould ourselves according to rules that make no meaning to the Atma.

My advice is a lovely phrase from the Quran.
Kun Fayakun..which means BE AND IT IS!
So do that..just BE and everything that is meant to be will bloom within you in the eternal NOW in the sound of balance.

Im saying its the handiwork of your forefathers of last 3-4 generations.

Your caste was the nozzle through with Nattukottai Nagarathars and Vellalars poured out their napalm of hate on Brahmins, and they have been doing so for a century. 'Periyar' is not a person. Not just the person. It the name of the cult, the cardboard image, created by Chettiar, Mudaliar, Pillai. Even when that person was alive, he was continuously fed by a bunch of saiva vellalas all the time. Periyar was just the outlet through which the Brahmin hate of vellalas and chettiars was spurted out, while they remained as very devoted hindus. And today, they are burying their mountains of crime and hate by calling Periyar and Dravidian Movement as "anti-hindu".

Aravindhan Neelakandan, who co-authored the book 'Breaking India' with Rajiv Malhotra, is a saiva vellala. Brahmin hate was from his very group. The brahmin hate of periyar was from nagarathar and vellalar, but he has been writing and telling all over that some mysteriously powerful 'church' caused Dravidian Movt and its brahmin hate...that some 'church' and missionaries are behind it, in order to destroy hinduism and Indian culture, while he knows very well that his ilk, saiva vellalas, are the creators of Brahmin hate in Tamil Nadu. Periyar's magazine, kudi arasu, was opened by nyaaniyar adigal, who was the head of one of the saivite mutts. In fact, im guess the 18 saiva vellala aadhenams, and the nattukottai nagarathar mutt kovilur, had a key role to play, in constructing and keeping alive Brahmin hate. A huge portion of Periyar's vitriolic work in the magazines/newspapers was actually written by Kuthoosi Gurusami, who was thondaimandala kondai katti vellalar. Probably an alibi. A bunch of such tamil pulavars sat behind periyar at all times.

Saiva Vellalas are one of the chief source of brahmin hate, and they are also the most sanskritized, ritualized 'hindus' of tamil nadu, and your man was the conduit for their hate. By calling brahmin hate and Dravidian movement as a 'missionary conspiracy' from the 'church', they make good people of all the criminals just because they are 'hindu'.

This way, all evil is from outside, from 'church', and "us hindus" are all good people. He/they are doing this deliberately, covering it up. So that subsequent generations do not know what happened, and what their ancestors have been doing.

Thats what you father, grandfathers, and your vaishnava acharya want to do. They know a lot of things and they deliberately didn't pass them on to you, in order to keep you 'innocent', like you are now. Most chettiar/mudaliar/pillai youth in USA/UK/Malaysia etc must be like this too. Deliberately kept in the dark by their fathers and uncles so that they grow up 'innocent', not knowing what kind of people they are, and what their clans have been doing in TN.

The moment you said this

...I assure you there is no need for a tag, but admittedly I wholeheartedly believe that this lifestyle is the best and most superior for MY peace of mind, and that is why I want to stay true to it and continue that. For me, yes. Meat eating and getting drunk and what not is most definitely lower. That’s just the way I was raised and I cannot go back. ...
you have decided what you're going to do. This is a proclamation that you are going to grab that tag, and ask anybody who says otherwise to F.O.. And this stmt says that you are going to selectively listen only to those who will tell you favourable answers. Then why ask at all?

Because you are looking for those people who will give you the answer that you want. Making that answer as a "dharmic" one is not so hard, come on. :) Idhellam oru 'feel' dhaney. dharma, scriptures ellam. edha vena epdi vena eduthukalam. That's why i stress on the simple man-to-man unwritten, unspoken agreement. People are born into castes, generally speaking. Neither you nor I nor those acharyas, experts in sasthras, had any say in the castes we were born into. If u really want the answer, u don't need to ask any acharyas. You ask them because u want them to give the answer that you need, and allay your guilt. I guess they can be bought too. Plata e plomo.

The more you speak, the more you are exposing what you really want. What you really want is to become the upper caste that Brahmin is....ur using some 6 rules and 'lifestyle' as a justification for this. What you want is simply that tag.

You say "varna doesnt talk about high or low" in preparation for this attack -> "so, u want to become still more upper caste from where you are, eh?. Say that. Why talk about dharma, and fure lifestyle and all".

You mouthe it, but u carry notions that brahmin is upper caste. And you want to reach that. Thats why your grandfather and acharya told you only one half of the story. They wanted their descendants to 'become' those very upper castes on whom they had been pouring infinite hate, back home. There is NOTHING dharmic or noble in this.

Sir, I do not even understand what the nagarathars or some of the other groups you have described are. I assure you my family has no “brahmin-hatred” and I have never really heard of those attitudes in Andhra. My dads best friends growing up were from all castes (and they included brAhmins too). However, I thank you for your opinion and I’ll try to think about what you said with an open mind. And regarding “upper caste”, isn’t the concept of varnA that all varnAs are different but not less or more? We need all sorts of people. That’s what my AchArya said in the POV of Vaishnava viewpoint. I definitely do have guilt like you said (and that only developed recently after reading some of the translations of the Bramha-sUtrAs). I assure you there is no need for a tag, but admittedly I wholeheartedly believe that this lifestyle is the best and most superior for MY peace of mind, and that is why I want to stay true to it and continue that. For me, yes. Meat eating and getting drunk and what not is most definitely lower. That’s just the way I was raised and I cannot go back. You said that according to Indian culture in Vogue, we are permanently born into castes. Well if our ancestors thought that way, why would there even be these many castes? Even in the 1700s there were only 9 jAthis across the breadth of BhArathavarshA. In the 1800s there are records of 72 bOyA families who adopted the brAhminic lifestyle and “became brAhmins”. Now there are 100s-1000s of jAthis. Social constructs are always evolving, but it is hard to decipher which are sanctioned by dharmA and which are not was my issue. Regarding the 6 duties- exactly my point, those who do not follow them are not brAhmins but vrAtyAs or at best descendants of brAhmins (brAhmana-bandhUs). I do not know what “nappisai” means. However, I will give what you said some thought. Maybe I do need to be humbled as to what my intentions are and I will definitely do some introspection. Also, I am not Periyar’s grandson lol. I despise a lot of the stands he took and the stupidity that the cult (as you rightly stated) caused in society. That’s like saying if there was one bad brAhmin (by birth) who did bad things (and yes there are plenty of good and bad people from all walks of life), I should get mad at you for being his “grandson.” I only brought up the roots of the balijA caste as another example that there were members of all varnAs in the guild and how humans consolidated yet another group. If anything, it was destroying the idea that balijAs are some “elite class”. My loyalty is to sanathana dharmA and the vedic traditions. If someone has hurt you and you are mad at me for that, I will still apologize and hope that we may be cordial. I do thank you for your time in giving me your opinion though. It is clear that you disagree with this and I did ask for all opinions so I do respect disagreements as well. dhanyOsmi
Dear Govinda,
The conversation is interesting.
What exactly do you want here? You have said enough about yourself. But what exactly do you want? If you can make it clear in a few sentences it will help people here to respond. Please do let us know.

Dear Govinda,
The conversation is interesting.
What exactly do you want here? You have said enough about yourself. But what exactly do you want? If you can make it clear in a few sentences it will help people here to respond. Please do let us know.
LOL yes, I think I diverged from my original question. Was just wondering if what I was doing by learning vEdAs, doing nityAgnihOtra, etc was wrong or not. I think I have received my answer though.

dhanyOsmi

Dear Govindh,
As much as the post of "cm123534" is harsh and uncalled for but there is one thing i have to agree with what he says.

He used the word " TAG"
Ok, I agree that none of us should seek any tag but I am not saying this with harsh undertones ...but rather I mean to say one can just lose all man made identity when we surrender to God.

So there is no need to seek any type of lifestyle..just be yourself.

Seek yourself and hear what your heart resonates with.
Varna tags are only important for anyone who is still very much attached to his genetics or guna or janma.

Move beyond the need to mould ourselves according to rules that make no meaning to the Atma.

My advice is a lovely phrase from the Quran.
Kun Fayakun..which means BE AND IT IS!
So do that..just BE and everything that is meant to be will bloom within you in the eternal NOW in the sound of balance.
Very true renuka ji,

I agree. I will try to incorporate this thinking here onwards while I focus on my studies. I am thankful for what the both fo you have pointed out.

dhanyOsmI.

Those who pretend to be Brahmins:
The purpose of Poonul (sacred thread): First Brahmins vowed to be poor and only teach. They have to beg in five houses and if they get any thing eat or go hungry. Now that is not possible as no king, government wants poor to benefit. The three threads are symbolic in that- perform duty to learn, to serve the family and serve the community with detachment. No self pity or anger, rather believe that your current birth is a continuum and your spirit (Atma) entered a new baby when it was born. So, your previous births' doings will follow it until you pay your due. So, not wearing a Poonul is not a sin, but forgetting the symbolic significance is sin. Even Buddhism accepts rebirth though denies a GOD in the current sense of Indians. GOD is pervasive, was there, is there and will be there. Krishna says to Arjuna to go through the duties and not Philosophical way of Sanyasis- become Karma Sanjasi and not a sage in a forest. So, to be religious is not just wearing religious symbolic items but living with living religion-" Sarvam Krishana Mayam - Every thing Is LORD: Krishana" and HE(with she as power) controls the Universe.
Keep an open mind, do not harm others, love nature and not pollute, help the poor and old and be generous without greed. Then you will be a blessed Hindu.
Mani

@Govindh Hi Govindh, do take into account @cm124534 comment on the political situation and witch hunting dished out on the Bs in the right context. What cm123534 pointed out is the naked truth, which cannot be avoided. It has to be spoken and discussed in the open, else all the hoopla done in the name of social justice in the last century and even ongoing today will be brushed under the carpet as if the Bs deserved it. @cm124534 has given you some redpill doses of what the Bs had to face/still facing in TN. I gave a go ahead sign to you a couple of months back, not gonna back off on that, but still when someone voices out truth, we have to stand by it.

You already initiated yourself into B'hood through your guru. So, there's no point in taking a U-turn now, but also contemplate on one thing, based on what you're doing, is that the Svadharma assigned to you. The whole basis of Varna-Ashrama suggested by Krishna is based on birth. Today, they've twisted everything and decries anyone who speaks about it or they start blaming the Bs for it. The Brahmin ideology which you're practicing today is bearing the brunt because of your ancestors.

Yes, there were many Bs who were bad, but bad apples were in all communities too. But the hate cauldron that is made in the state here is unparalleled, only other similar case is of the Jews. Except the Jews were physically harmed and killed, while the Bs and their life styles were systematically harassed, mocked and trivialized(except the killing part). A simple look at the literature furnished out against the Bs and their life would make you turn blue. Such is the venom that is being spit even today.

You're in the US, you may not be aware of the nuances of the politics happening here, which may not even make any sense to you. Seek the truth and in future please don't end up hating the Bs(who are anyways not a match to other communities today) and do another damage to the tradition you're now aspiring to follow. Just dont end up living a hypocritical life. Thats all!

🙏. Thanks. I have a lot more I need to spread. All very very hard things. My hands are itching to write about this "anaithu sadhi archagar" drama of DMK, but apparently, politics is to be discussed only in the separate 'politics' forum, as per rules of the site. Can anybody pls post the link to the 'politics' section in the forums?

Can you imagine EVK Sampath's grandson telling his son that "brahmin is not by birth. u just need to follow 6 aachara anushtanams and then follow ur acharya"? But it doesn't shock me. Because I know that Brahmin hate originates from those groups who say "we are 1 1/2 Brahmins", etc, and who are the most sanskritized and topmost of tamil groups. And I know that they specifically target Brahmin women for marriage, and seek to marry the offspring of that kind of marriage back into Brahmin families, all the while spewing Brahmin hate. And this groups "claiming to be brahmin" does happen in Delhi/Bombay and USA, etc.

And anyways our innocent balija naidu garu has already decided what he's gonna do. His grandfather didn't exactly pass on everything to him. His grandfather did Brahmin hate back at home, went to the US, and told his grandson that "bhakti is all you need". What a champ!... I am told there are many of those "chief culprit castes" just like this in the US. They don't know what their own people have been doing, and are 'innocent' like this.

Our man just needs some achu pichu ambi mamas from here to tell him what he wants to hear. That would be called 'religious sanction'. And people do fall for it, like ur saying u did.

Do you know what its called? woke. or, midhappu. a compulsion or urge to very actively demonstrate how so open minded and progressive we are. but this is a trick. They want us to express our open mindedness and make us say what they want to hear :D. We shouldn't fall for it. I don't like gurumurthy much but at least he had the balls to once say "Ennai pirpokkuvadhi endru etrukollungal nu solren".

Just like his or anybody else's caste is an accident, our births into the so called Brahmin caste is an accident too. We are not caste experts. It is pointless to ask anybody because nobody had a say in this. We are all equally helpless. I have gone deeper into this, thanks to Dravidian Movement, but I do not want to discuss those things with tamils because they have already disqualified themselves by carrying out and enabling one hundred years of Brahmin hate. Adhayum pannittu, indha pakkam vandhu innocenta kelvi ketta epdi. That's not how things work. You should have asked and clarified before you did the hate.

But then, lots of mudaliar/vellala/chettiar have this nappasai, inspite of doing the hate. This doesn't shock me. I have seen much worse...

@Govindh Hi Govindh, do take into account @cm124534 comment on the political situation and witch hunting dished out on the Bs in the right context. What cm123534 pointed out is the naked truth, which cannot be avoided. It has to be spoken and discussed in the open, else all the hoopla done in the name of social justice in the last century and even ongoing today will be brushed under the carpet as if the Bs deserved it. @cm124534 has given you some redpill doses of what the Bs had to face/still facing in TN. I gave a go ahead sign to you a couple of months back, not gonna back off on that, but still when someone voices out truth, we have to stand by it.

You already initiated yourself into B'hood through your guru. So, there's no point in taking a U-turn now, but also contemplate on one thing, based on what you're doing, is that the Svadharma assigned to you. The whole basis of Varna-Ashrama suggested by Krishna is based on birth. Today, they've twisted everything and decries anyone who speaks about it or they start blaming the Bs for it. The Brahmin ideology which you're practicing today is bearing the brunt because of your ancestors.

Yes, there were many Bs who were bad, but bad apples were in all communities too. But the hate cauldron that is made in the state here is unparalleled, only other similar case is of the Jews. Except the Jews were physically harmed and killed, while the Bs and their life styles were systematically harassed, mocked and trivialized(except the killing part). A simple look at the literature furnished out against the Bs and their life would make you turn blue. Such is the venom that is being spit even today.

You're in the US, you may not be aware of the nuances of the politics happening here, which may not even make any sense to you. Seek the truth and in future please don't end up hating the Bs(who are anyways not a match to other communities today) and do another damage to the tradition you're now aspiring to follow. Just dont end up living a hypocritical life. Thats all!
No I’m not mad at what he’s saying at all. It’s the truth and it doesn’t matter if it was my ancestors who did it or someone else. I condemn it fully. For example Ravana was a brahmin but no brahmin supports him just for being one of his castemen. Heck, even vibhEEshanA did not support him. And to be honest, ya I don’t really know much of the politics of India or TN in particular. My parents themselves moved at a young age (I’m generation 2) so I think they themselves are pretty in the dark about this stuff. And I would never “hate the Bs” :) - all communities are important but to put it bluntly, I have nothing but respect for a group of people who have been devoted to the Lord, spread knowledge and lives a life of humility and sacrifice. My AcharyA has given me so much love and knowledge and they treat me like a son. How can I hate family? In the US, we stand United as Hindus. But Seriously, thank you guys for bringing this to my attention. I always heard “politics were different in TN” but cm154234’s responses have actually caused me to read more up on what happened. I might not be able to make much of a positive impact in my life to reverse this hatred (Again, there isn’t really hatred in Andhra…the feud is usually between kammas and reddys or non hindus vs hindus or “SC/STs” vs “forward” castes) but I’ll try to do my best to spread awareness. There is no Bharath without the BrAhmins. I can only imagine the levels of frustration it has to have reached for cm124534 to red pill me with the truth so boldly. As we say in our prayers daily, “gO brAhmanyEbho subhamasthu nityam, lOkAh samasthA sukhinO bhavanthU.” The day BharathavarshA reclaims it’s rich tradition of respecting gOmAtha and the brAhmins, that is the day it will reclaim its rightful stature as the “heart of the world”. In whatever way I can, I will always stand up for sanAthana dharmA, proper brAhmins who have been facing this horrible treatment and also the poor/impoverished “backward communities”. I actually got into a discussion with my grandfather after I read these posts, and he said that anti-brAhmin sentiment never took ahold in AndhrA and there was actually a movement against PeriyAr by rAma bhakthAs of which a lot of my direct ancestors/cousins were apart of. (Maybe they would not have have they been tamilian, I’m not sure). Apparently people used to vote not because of caste back then but because of idealogy. They in fact went to Chennai with the Jeeyar swAmi to protest against periyAr’s infamous disrespectful display of sri rAma chandrA prabhu. These (including the one that I was born into) “elite, landowning classes” such as kammas, balijAs, reddys, rAjus have also heavily discriminated against SC/STs. My grandfather told me himself that it was something he despised and this week, I have been reading literal historical records of people of “lower classes” being killed or lynched. Apparently there is a tamil movie (asuran) that also captures this history. It boils my blood. these communities felt “so discriminated” against,
so they started targetin LITERALLY the most peaceful community (ahimsA and sAttvic tendencies are most prevalent in BrAhmins) in India, why the F were they being violent against those that were “lower down” on this totem pole? ALL discrimination, against “untouchable” communities and against brAhmins are wrong and I refuse to continue that legacy. As for what I “label myself”, these were all good points given. @cm154234 has forced me to kinda introspect (like is anyone ACTUALLY stopping me or killing me for living the way I do? What was the need for me to ask for permission on this forum?). Going off of what Renuka ji and you have stated, there probably is a reason God has made me be born the way I am. For now, I will continue to upkeep my practices but stop worrying about the tag. If God ever graces me with enough influence to undo the mistakes done by the caste men in the past, I will make sure to do whatever I can. I think my questions have been answered and I will rest this discussion for now. dhanyOsmi.

🙏. Thanks. I have a lot more I need to spread. All very very hard things. My hands are itching to write about this "anaithu sadhi archagar" drama of DMK, but apparently, politics is to be discussed only in the separate 'politics' forum, as per rules of the site. Can anybody pls post the link to the 'politics' section in the forums?

Can you imagine EVK Sampath's grandson telling his son that "brahmin is not by birth. u just need to follow 6 aachara anushtanams and then follow ur acharya"? But it doesn't shock me. Because I know that Brahmin hate originates from those groups who say "we are 1 1/2 Brahmins", etc, and who are the most sanskritized and topmost of tamil groups. And I know that they specifically target Brahmin women for marriage, and seek to marry the offspring of that kind of marriage back into Brahmin families, all the while spewing Brahmin hate. And this groups "claiming to be brahmin" does happen in Delhi/Bombay and USA, etc.

And anyways our innocent balija naidu garu has already decided what he's gonna do. His grandfather didn't exactly pass on everything to him. His grandfather did Brahmin hate back at home, went to the US, and told his grandson that "bhakti is all you need". What a champ!... I am told there are many of those "chief culprit castes" just like this in the US. They don't know what their own people have been doing, and are 'innocent' like this.

Our man just needs some achu pichu ambi mamas from here to tell him what he wants to hear. That would be called 'religious sanction'. And people do fall for it, like ur saying u did.

Do you know what its called? woke. or, midhappu. a compulsion or urge to very actively demonstrate how so open minded and progressive we are. but this is a trick. They want us to express our open mindedness and make us say what they want to hear :D. We shouldn't fall for it. I don't like gurumurthy much but at least he had the balls to once say "Ennai pirpokkuvadhi endru etrukollungal nu solren".

Just like his or anybody else's caste is an accident, our births into the so called Brahmin caste is an accident too. We are not caste experts. It is pointless to ask anybody because nobody had a say in this. We are all equally helpless. I have gone deeper into this, thanks to Dravidian Movement, but I do not want to discuss those things with tamils because they have already disqualified themselves by carrying out and enabling one hundred years of Brahmin hate. Adhayum pannittu, indha pakkam vandhu innocenta kelvi ketta epdi. That's not how things work. You should have asked and clarified before you did the hate.

But then, lots of mudaliar/vellala/chettiar have this nappasai, inspite of doing the hate. This doesn't shock me. I have seen much worse...
Sir I request you to please stop insulting my grandfather. I am sorry I ever posted on this forum. I didn’t realize I would be this hated on account of my birth. For your information, I have no desire to marry a “brahmin girl”. Keep them to yourselves. Seriously. There are plenty of brahmin descendant girls and boys here in university who have been extremely promiscuous, drink and eat beef. Plenty of them who have offered me marijuana and alcohol and stated that even “the Gods drank and smoked.” Trust me. That does not attract me. But I would never say that an entire caste is bad or insult their grandparents. Sir, you must be much older than me. Please understand- I personally did no hate. You are hating me for something someone has done IN A DIFFERENT STATE years ago. The only requirements are having faith in Krishna and being vegetarian- not “brahmin girl”, etc. There are plenty of caucasians, North Indians, ISCKON/Arya samaj people who fit that role. If you have an issue with me posting please kick me out but I request of you respectfully to please stop insulting my grandparents. The more I try to be civil you keep bringing my grandparents into this. I am literally agreeing with you yet It’s almost like you want me to become a villain to confirm your bias. I don’t know who the heck EVK Sampath is. I am not tamilian. I am of Telugu origin. I’m unsure of why the moderator is letting him post this stuff or why nobody is calling anything out here. He keeps personally attacking my grandfather. Perhaps everything is not as black and white as I thought. I will stop responding but please- I request you to stop insulting my grandfather without actually knowing who he is, what he stands for and the values he has instilled in us. We are people too, with real emotions and respect for our parents and grandparents just like you do. I did not realize that I would be getting this much hate. Perhaps I should have understood the politics of TN more. The more I try to maintain a Vedic/Hindu-unity mindset, the more i am being seen as a villain. Let it be. I have no personal hate against anyone. I leave the rest to God. If there is anyway to delete this thread I request the moderator to do so because This has gone too far and he keeps linking me to DMK and abusing my grandfather. I don’t even know who DMK is. It was just several months ago I actually understood who Periyar was. And I am 100% against him. I am an American Hindu. I am loyal to my country and my religion. Not a caste, so please stop addressing me saracastically as a “balija naidu Garu”. Keep your hate to yourself. I apologize for posting on here. I will not make the mistake again. Let it be for Tamil Brahmins only. If there is anyway to delete this thread or the messages insulting or blaming my grandfather for things he was not even a part of, I request the moderator to do so. Enough is enough.

Last edited:
No I’m not mad at what he’s saying at all. It’s the truth and it doesn’t matter if it was my ancestors who did it or someone else. I condemn it fully. For example Ravana was a brahmin but no brahmin supports him just for being one of his castemen. Heck, even vibhEEshanA did not support him. And to be honest, ya I don’t really know much of the politics of India or TN in particular. My parents themselves moved at a young age (I’m generation 2) so I think they themselves are pretty in the dark about this stuff. And I would never “hate the Bs” :) - all communities are important but to put it bluntly, I have nothing but respect for a group of people who have been devoted to the Lord, spread knowledge and lives a life of humility and sacrifice. My AcharyA has given me so much love and knowledge and they treat me like a son. How can I hate family? In the US, we stand United as Hindus. But Seriously, thank you guys for bringing this to my attention. I always heard “politics were different in TN” but cm154234’s responses have actually caused me to read more up on what happened. I might not be able to make much of a positive impact in my life to reverse this hatred (Again, there isn’t really hatred in Andhra…the feud is usually between kammas and reddys or non hindus vs hindus or “SC/STs” vs “forward” castes) but I’ll try to do my best to spread awareness. There is no Bharath without the BrAhmins. I can only imagine the levels of frustration it has to have reached for cm124534 to red pill me with the truth so boldly. As we say in our prayers daily, “gO brAhmanyEbho subhamasthu nityam, lOkAh samasthA sukhinO bhavanthU.” The day BharathavarshA reclaims it’s rich tradition of respecting gOmAtha and the brAhmins, that is the day it will reclaim its rightful stature as the “heart of the world”. In whatever way I can, I will always stand up for sanAthana dharmA, proper brAhmins who have been facing this horrible treatment and also the poor/impoverished “backward communities”. I actually got into a discussion with my grandfather after I read these posts, and he said that anti-brAhmin sentiment never took ahold in AndhrA and there was actually a movement against PeriyAr by rAma bhakthAs of which a lot of my direct ancestors/cousins were apart of. (Maybe they would not have have they been tamilian, I’m not sure). Apparently people used to vote not because of caste back then but because of idealogy. They in fact went to Chennai with the Jeeyar swAmi to protest against periyAr’s infamous disrespectful display of sri rAma chandrA prabhu. These (including the one that I was born into) “elite, landowning classes” such as kammas, balijAs, reddys, rAjus have also heavily discriminated against SC/STs. My grandfather told me himself that it was something he despised and this week, I have been reading literal historical records of people of “lower classes” being killed or lynched. Apparently there is a tamil movie (asuran) that also captures this history. It boils my blood. these communities felt “so discriminated” against,
so they started targetin LITERALLY the most peaceful community (ahimsA and sAttvic tendencies are most prevalent in BrAhmins) in India, why the F were they being violent against those that were “lower down” on this totem pole? ALL discrimination, against “untouchable” communities and against brAhmins are wrong and I refuse to continue that legacy. As for what I “label myself”, these were all good points given. @cm154234 has forced me to kinda introspect (like is anyone ACTUALLY stopping me or killing me for living the way I do? What was the need for me to ask for permission on this forum?). Going off of what Renuka ji and you have stated, there probably is a reason God has made me be born the way I am. For now, I will continue to upkeep my practices but stop worrying about the tag. If God ever graces me with enough influence to undo the mistakes done by the caste men in the past, I will make sure to do whatever I can. I think my questions have been answered and I will rest this discussion for now. dhanyOsmi.
Brahmin hate in TamilNadu and the tamil consciousness was constructed by the saiva vellalas, nattukottai nagarathars and thondaimandala thuluva vellala mudaliars. Periyar/your caste, balija naidus, were the nayakas who ruled southernmost part of the country via Madurai (the biggest), Gingee and Tanjore Nayaka Dynasties. But then, as you might know, Balija Nayakudus were basically traders. They have the title of 'chetti'.Check this vid out->

So...they were not proper monarchs. Since the breakdown of proper monarchy of the last pandyas in 14th century, proper monarchy died out in tamil lands. Instead, a 'layer' of landed elites were the defacto powers. Chettiar/mudaliar/pillai became this religio-cultural elite, with the nayakas as maybe only a little more than the titular head.

Your grandfathers want to protected yourses innocence by not telling you what kind of hate they built back home in tamilnadu. They want to make of you that very upper caste against whom they constructed a hate unseen in human history.

But...Brahmin hate did not originate with Periyar or Perumala Varadaraju (who was influential in Cheran Mahadevi Gurukulam incident and Rajaji's 'Kula Kalvi' issue) or even balija naidus. Brahmin hate is from saiva vellalas, chettiars, and thuluva vellala mudaliars, or, nagarathar-vellalar. Periyar was only a nozzle from which the vitriol of nagarathar-vellalar flowed.

'Periyar' was not that person. Not that person alone. 'Periyar' was the name of the cult built by Nagarathar-Vellalar (or, chettiar-mudaliar-pillai) in order to propagate and channelise their infinite brahmin hate. But they are the most sanskritized and ritualized of tamils, and the topmost castes. They kept vedic Brahminism alive in TN for centuries. They patronized it. And just like you, they too have deep longing for that 'Brahmin' tag. And they very often target brahmin women for marriage and get it done too.

Brahmins have been most foolish in calling 'Periyar' and Nagarathar-Vellalar (Dravidian) movement and "anti-hindu". When you call Drav movt and Brahmin hate as originating from 'anti-hindu' quarters, you automatically make good people of all the 'hindus' or 'saivas' by default. As if all problems are from outside force. But, the most hinduest of all tamils built Dravidian movement and Brahmin hate.

Aravindhan Neelakandan Pillai is taking India for a ride with his 'Breaking India' BS. He's saying some 'church' did Drav movt and Brahmin hate. He knows very well that his ilk have been behind it. He/they are doing this deliberately in order to bury their doings.

And you may be surprised, but this same combo of balija naidu-vellala was at play in Sri Lanka too. Eelam war was not sinhala vs tamil. Not completely. The last monarch of SL, Vikrama Rajasinghe, was of the same caste as Periyar. Balija Naidus ruled not only tamil lands, but Sri Lanka too. Kandy Nayaka dynasty. Vellalas are the local elites, and balija naidus were the outsider nayakas. They ruled with the help of the local elites. Brahmin hate originates from vellala-nagarathar, and ur caste was only a little more than a conduit. Ur hate was not so visceral so as to be institutionalized and rage for a hundred years.

Last edited:
Dear Govindh,

Your reply is so full of logic and love for humanity.
Honestly you really dont need to attach any Varna lifestyle to your life.
Its so nice to see such refined words and thoughts that speak from a pure heart.

You my boy are a rare soul..one who is really beyond any guna and varna.
Anyone who wants to " shoot bullets" at you should think twice cos with such purity of heart in you the bullets would only richochet( returned to sender)

Stay blessed.

If one listens to the teachings of the Najavo Native Americans, one would see how the talk about what they faced where 85% of their community was wiped out by invadors who came to USA.

Yet they surprisingly dont play the victim card.
They accept what happened in history.
They have deep philosophy which states be in the PRESENT and life is MOVEMENT.

Now they are reviving their culture and philosophy and they state that they want to share their culture with the whole world and its all inclusive.

Their culture is very similar to Yoga philosophy of seeking balance and also alignment with the Holy People( their concept of God).

Its really great to see a race that lost their land, faced a holocaust yet do not spew hatred and have picked up where they left off and still sharing with the world with love.

This is what spirituality is all about.
History need NOT be forgotten, learn from the past, stand up for self respect and rights and Be in the present.
Spewing venom is optional.

Dear cm124,

You wrote this:
"His grandfather didn't exactly pass on everything to him. His grandfather did Brahmin hate back at home, went to the US, and told his grandson that "bhakti is all you need".

I do understand that you are speaking your mind being affected by the Anti Brahmin scenario faced by you.

But to bluntly accuse someone's grandfather without evidence seems not the most conducive thought.

Its fine if you are sharing your thoughts but its better not to get into a personal attack.

Sir I request you to please stop insulting my grandfather. I am sorry I ever posted on this forum. I didn’t realize I would be this hated on account of my birth. For your information, I have no desire to marry a “brahmin girl”. Keep them to yourselves. Seriously. There are plenty of brahmin descendant girls and boys here in university who have been extremely promiscuous, drink and eat beef. Plenty of them who have offered me marijuana and alcohol and stated that even “the Gods drank and smoked.” Trust me. That does not attract me. But I would never say that an entire caste is bad or insult their grandparents. Sir, you must be much older than me. Please understand- I personally did no hate. You are hating me for something someone has done IN A DIFFERENT STATE years ago. The only requirements are having faith in Krishna and being vegetarian- not “brahmin girl”, etc. There are plenty of caucasians, North Indians, ISCKON/Arya samaj people who fit that role. If you have an issue with me posting please kick me out but I request of you respectfully to please stop insulting my grandparents. The more I try to be civil you keep bringing my grandparents into this. I am literally agreeing with you yet It’s almost like you want me to become a villain to confirm your bias. I don’t know who the heck EVK Sampath is. I am not tamilian. I am of Telugu origin. I’m unsure of why the moderator is letting him post this stuff or why nobody is calling anything out here. He keeps personally attacking my grandfather. Perhaps everything is not as black and white as I thought. I will stop responding but please- I request you to stop insulting my grandfather without actually knowing who he is, what he stands for and the values he has instilled in us. We are people too, with real emotions and respect for our parents and grandparents just like you do. I did not realize that I would be getting this much hate. Perhaps I should have understood the politics of TN more. The more I try to maintain a Vedic/Hindu-unity mindset, the more i am being seen as a villain. Let it be. I have no personal hate against anyone. I leave the rest to God. If there is anyway to delete this thread I request the moderator to do so because This has gone too far and he keeps linking me to DMK and abusing my grandfather. I don’t even know who DMK is. It was just several months ago I actually understood who Periyar was. And I am 100% against him. I am an American Hindu. I am loyal to my country and my religion. Not a caste, so please stop addressing me saracastically as a “balija naidu Garu”. Keep your hate to yourself. I apologize for posting on here. I will not make the mistake again. Let it be for Tamil Brahmins only. If there is anyway to delete this thread or the messages insulting or blaming my grandfather for things he was not even a part of, I request the moderator to do so. Enough is enough.
he he he. Va thambi va. A lot of tamils tell me all the time "hate rebounds", and i would be like "ok. but isnt that my line"?

If ur not connected to tamils, what are you doing on 'tamil' brahmins forum. u have absolutely no idea of the kind of hate brahmins have had to face for one hundred years, and the castes that built that hate and have kept it alive till today - Chettiar, Mudaliar, Pillai, are the most sanskritized, and ritualized hindus, and Periyar's and Dravidian Movement's Brahmin hate was from them to. Periyar was largely a conduit for their hate. I guess a few of them are here in this site too.

And sorry about hurting you too much. 🙏 You don't know the kind of hate Brahmins have to face from tamil people. I have been drinking that toxicity every day for years now, and trying to find answers and build responses. You freaked out for just one small prick. Tamil people, instigated by chettiar-mudaliar-pillai, have been cutting us with millions of poisoned spears for one hundred years +.This is a unique phenomenon in the whole world, not just India. India too has no idea about Brahmin hate in TN.

And I dont believe this site is for, or should be for Brahmins alone. Im probably as new as you, or even to this site. Just felt like spreading what I know. I know my stuff is too harsh but it needs to be done. I dont mind if im banned by the moderator. My resolve is much deeper.

And...most important of all...about your 'innocent' questions about caste and brahmin lifestyle...Pls do not think that I am trying to protect the 'high caste' fence from being attacked by other guys. Im not protecting the 'high'ness of the caste because I did not choose it too and I did not make it high or low. Birth into X caste is an accident for both/all of us. For all practical purposes, 'Brahmin' today is a caste and class just like any other. There is no such concept of conversion of castes in Indian society, generally speaking. So, why ask this question at all? That tag doesn't mean anything about a person, like being intelligent, clean or 'pure' or whatever. Those times are gone. So, what you really want is just that tag and it is only because it is supposed to be upper caste. Your 'lifestyle' is a route to that. There is no provision for this in Indian society and that too, I didn't decide it. Nobody did. This is just how things are. That too a balija naidu asking it made me go totally psycho. You are like this because u have no idea about tamilnadu. And as much as innocent and good hearted and pure souled you seem, my comments about your father/grandfathers/castes stay. They know things that they didn't deliberately pass on to you, and my guess is that there are many such Chettiar/Mudaliar/Pillai families in the US/UK/ etc like this too. The ones who are totally oblivious and 'innocent' to what their castes did. You need to wake up to your actions.

This is not how it works. You have to face the consequences of your actions. You have to see what your folks did, and tamils (+balija naidus) have to answer for it.

Dear cm124,

You wrote this:
"His grandfather didn't exactly pass on everything to him. His grandfather did Brahmin hate back at home, went to the US, and told his grandson that "bhakti is all you need".

I do understand that you are speaking your mind being affected by the Anti Brahmin scenario faced by you.

But to bluntly accuse someone's grandfather without evidence seems not the most conducive thought.

Its fine if you are sharing your thoughts but its better not to get into a personal attack.
ellarum idha mattum sollunga da tamilargala. neenga enna vena solluveenga, pannuveenga, aana ungala thirumba pesuradhu 'ganniyamana murai la, thani manidha thaakkudhal illama irukanum la'?

nayakkan apdi. nayakkanoda peran vandhu 'innocenta' "excuse me, whats the procedure to change varna/caste/room" nu keppan...adhayum pakurom. evalavo pathachu...

ellarum idha mattum sollunga da tamilargala. neenga enna vena solluveenga, pannuveenga, aana ungala thirumba pesuradhu 'ganniyamana murai la, thani manidha thaakkudhal illama irukanum la'?

nayakkan apdi. nayakkanoda peran vandhu 'innocenta' "excuse me, whats the procedure to change varna/caste/room" nu keppan...adhayum pakurom. evalavo pathachu...
Kindly either write in English or in Tamil font.
Its hard to read all these romanized Tamil.

You can read my posts from the beginning that I told Govindh that one does NOT need to attach a varna tag to any religious practice or lifestyle and I told him to surrender to Lord Krishna.

So I think its best you avoid abusing others in personal attacks and get a hold of your emotions.

I was on a tamil forum because frankly there was no telugu/other south indian brahmin forum to ask the question. I feel extremely connected to south indian traditions (being a south indian myself) so I figured this was the best forum to ask my questions.

Either way, you are welcome to believe what you want about my grandfather. He was too poor to worry about brahmins and non-brahmins and at one point had to sell idlis on the road as a child to support his mother and his siblings. He worked hard and always helped those around him. My great-grandfather had many lands that he freely wrote away to many people to help them in times of need, including our family's priest. Their descendants (who are brAhmins) still are extremely cordial with us for the help that was done then. They were too busy making a survival, suffering/loving/contributing with friends from all communities to "hate" against brahmins. My dad's best friend through his college days was a telugu iyengAr and I was literally named after him because they were so inseparable. Their family is in the US now too and I am mentoring his son with college essays and whatnot at the moment, just as I would for my own brother. My great-grandmother was a big rAma bhakthA and it is not possible to be Hindu and at the same time hate brahmins or the vEdAs. Even to this day, my grandmother has this idea that "we should never make brahmins mad or hurt them because it is a paapam". Lol I infact used to argue with her and say "brahminhood is not only birth" but I think I have gotten a reality check now. (in fact, maybe these were things that subconsciously made me want some "tag or label" as you and @renuka ji had said sir @cm124534). I am telling you these things because there is literally nothing they have to "hide" from me. I am sure there are many such families as well. Once again, I will repeat that the telugu balija/reddy/kamma/raju communities have never harbored these anti-brahmin sentiments (I do not know about TN's politics so I cannot say the same for the tamil branches of these communities).

It really is sad that TN is so divided; it is the Tamil/Southern culture (which includes the vision and contributions of Tamil brahmins/AchAryAs and saints from all the other communities as well) that has kept the Vedic culture intact. Whenever we would go to India to perform karnatic concerts, my parents and teachers (who are Telugu dancers/singers) would always would rightly point out how Hyderabad became so modern and has lost so much culture but the classical arts are still so safeguarded by Tamilians in Chennai. If India is the heart of the world, the south (and specifically TN) is the heart of Vedantic thought and culture while the rest of India seems to be slipping into a post-modern abyss. I have no qualms about admitting that as a Telugu kid. But we seriously were not too aware of the current socio-political climate there. I genuinely hope things get better. I agree that I do not know about Tamil Nadu, and I did not know that these communities in TN were responsible for causing you agony. Trust me, I am sorry to hear that. But you have to understand that my direct family does not know these things either. That is like me hating tamil brahmins if telugu brahmins did something wrong to my ancestors back in the day. Or if French black people today hated French white people because their white American cousins enslaved/discriminated American blacks for 200 years. They are two separate groups. Likewise, there is a difference between tamil balijas/reddys/kammas and telugu balijas/reddys/kammas. I do not even know who mudaliars/chettiars are, and if those even communities exist in the Telugu society so I shall refrain speaking about them.You may think I am making this stuff up, but because history is my passion, I actually took all that you said seriously and have been doing my research to explain to my own family (we have weekly family discussions where we discuss interesting things we learned during the week). My dad and uncle did not even know who PeriyAr really was until I explained to him all the stuff I was researching, and they definitely did not know that he was a balijA.

I may be wrong though as I am still inexperienced and have never really been labelled with a caste here in the US. However, I do sense the pain in your writing. As a fellow human being, I really hope the situation gets better in TN for you all. This may be too much to ask, but if at all rAma was able to forgive vibheeshana for being the brother of rAvana and treated him on account of his own actions and words (and not his brother's), then I hope there is some compassion in your heart to do the same for me. KrishnA was able to be friends with pAndavAs who were the cousin-brothers of the kouravAs. NarsimhA was able to protect prahlAda (the direct son of hiranyakasipA), and I hope there is room to treat me and my family with respect instead of viewing us as "Periyar's community" or "EVK Sampath's grandson (still don't know who that dude is by the way) (note: we are not even related to these evil forces like vibheeshanA and the pandavAs were, just happened to be born in a community and am being grouped with all these people that I do not support). The pouranikA stories repeat and reveal truths that can be applied even today and perhaps this is an aspect that could be used for this discussion. Just food for thought.

"Sorry for hurting you too much" --> Thank you sir @cm124534 for acknowledging this. You must be much elder to me, so no need to say sorry to me. You are welcome to insult me, but I just felt bad dragging my family into this mess, that is all. I do have a lot to learn. You seem to have been through a lot and you deserve to have your voice heard if you have suffered as a result of these politics. Even if I was not personally involved in such horrible treatment of a community, if you feel that this is how I have to pay then so be it. Perhaps God is ridding me of some bad karma in some life. All that I ask is that I hope we can be cordial and that I am viewed as my own person. Just know that if anybody were to harass you or anyone on this forum on account of your birth/community in front of me (not just you but any of my Hindu/Indian brothers) I would stand up for you. I do not give a damn if the bully is a "balija naidu" or Periyar or the British or some other rayudu lol. There is no room for bullying in sanathana dharmA-whether it be against brAhmins, dalits, vaishyAs, vishwakarmAs or yadavAs, etc. We all have the Lord within us and I will not be a bystander for brahmin hate (or against any community). I can only imagine the amount of suffering you must have gone through in the past hundred years and I pray that God saves you and your family from having to face that in the future.

Thank you for educating me. When you said that "You have to face the consequences of your actions. You have to see what your folks did, and tamils (+balija naidus) have to answer for it", I am not sure how I can personally answer for it but I will do my best to shut this anti-brahmin/Periyar nonsense wherever/whenever I see it. (Just as I am sure you would be shutting down the mistreatment of dalits/other communities that was historically done by certain sections of brAhmins in the past :) ). @Rudra_Maha- anna, I see that you agree with @cm Sir's message. Not sure what to make of that. I am a little taken back I admit, but hope you were able to see my POV as well. Nonetheless, thank you for your opinion and time as well.

@renuka ji As always, thank you for your kind words and wisdom. Much appreciated :)

Think it is best to close the discussion now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back