• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Chennai rains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good idea! Appreciate this!

[h=1]Chennai floods: ATMs to be mounted on boats for customers' ease[/h]December 03, 2015 23:03

In view of #ChennaiFloods banks are requested to ensure ATMs are functional, the dept of financial services declared today.

Alternative mechanisms like mobile ATM, ATM vans and mobile ATMs mounted on boats may be used.

The banks may also put their employees along with laptops to facilitate withdrawals in localities themselves.

http://news.rediff.com/commentary/2...stomers-ease/b5474d58582e32e532586ee7baea595e

Indian Army as our savior doing their duty in battered and bruised Chennai..A matter of pride! There are lakhs still stranded needing succor!

Army rescues 4000 people in Chennai

December 03, 2015 18:59

03live-floods.jpg

The Army has 40 Rescue and Relief teams and five engineer teams carrying out rescue operations in the most critical areas of Chennai. These teams have been operating in areas which are the worst hit by the floods which include Tambaram, Mudichur, Kothurpuram, Pallavaram, Thiruneermalai, Urapakkam, Manipakkam, T Nagar and Gudvancheri towards the outskirts of Chennai and also along areas adjacent to the Adyar River.

The teams have successfully rescued over 4000 stranded people. The military hospital at St Thomas Mount has been made functional and treatment is being given to many flood-affected patients.

http://news.rediff.com/commentary/2...e-in-chennai/99333efc54fe345522a98d842b5fc038

Think or Sink!

This is the story - 2Dec. Night around 9.30 in the night Near Sathybama Engineering on OMR Road

I called my D in Law on cell No respose Luckily I got the land line My Grand son pickup

அம்மா அப்பா வந்தாச்சா?
அம்மா மழலே மாட்டிண்டுடா Phone பண்ணினா அப்பாவ வரச்சொல்லி அப்பா போயிருக்கா-
I was worried naturally I thought of Lakshmivarhar for whom we built a temple in அயிலாங்குடி near Madurai I know he brought out Boomadevi safely from deep waters Soon with in 5 minutes I got the call from my D in L Informed they are entering the house and are safe and not to worry I asked them - relax and talk to morrow moring for details She was shaken - said Giri இல்லேனா I would have been washed away I was in neck deep water (She is 5'10 inches tall!) and the forece of water flow was huge would have washed me away! That was the last call and now we are not able to communicate All lines dead !

It is my faith and prayer and I feel my prayers are answered - I see this with my eye of faith blinding the other eye of rationality - If I open that and close my eye of faith naturally the question raises - the original Varhar in Thiruvidanthi close by - is it safe or is it marooned I have not seen any report of water entering this temple and யாமிருக்க பயமேன் - கநதசாமி கோவல் of திருப்போரூர் - Hope they are not flooded

I am not rationalising the Miracle of Varhar Then the pardox "Rationally Irrational" comes into play - I am an one eyed Jack in this situation!

Think or Sink!

This is the story - 2Dec. Night around 9.30 in the night Near Sathybama Engineering on OMR Road

I called my D in Law on cell No respose Luckily I got the land line My Grand son pickup

அம்மா அப்பா வந்தாச்சா?
அம்மா மழலே மாட்டிண்டுடா Phone பண்ணினா அப்பாவ வரச்சொல்லி அப்பா போயிருக்கா-
I was worried naturally I thought of Lakshmivarhar for whom we built a temple in அயிலாங்குடி near Madurai I know he brought out Boomadevi safely from deep waters Soon with in 5 minutes I got the call from my D in L Informed they are entering the house and are safe and not to worry I asked them - relax and talk to morrow moring for details She was shaken - said Giri இல்லேனா I would have been washed away I was in neck deep water (She is 5'10 inches tall!) and the forece of water flow was huge would have washed me away! That was the last call and now we are not able to communicate All lines dead !

It is my faith and prayer and I feel my prayers are answered - I see this with my eye of faith blinding the other eye of rationality - If I open that and close my eye of faith naturally the question raises - the original Varhar in Thiruvidanthi close by - is it safe or is it marooned I have not seen any report of water entering this temple and யாமிருக்க பயமேன் - கநதசாமி கோவல் of திருப்போரூர் - Hope they are not flooded

I am not rationalising the Miracle of Varhar Then the pardox "Rationally Irrational" comes into play - I am an one eyed Jack in this situation!

This deluge is similar to the puranic one! Had rains continued the entire City would have collapsed and submerged in the gushing water!

Situation seems to be easing in chennai.Water is receding. Those in defence colony near airport, students of VIT,SRM have been rescued . airindia services are getting

operated from arakonam . Water getting drained in localities on high ground .

Only the localities in low lying areas are still in difficulties . In 70 odd relief camps people are getting food and shelter. If rain tapers off , the city may limp back to

normalcy.

Now people have realised the need to bond with each other to help .Caste and religion go into background.

I heard on TV one woman with two children saying ' Relatives do not matter. I will hold the hands of anyone who will take me and my two children to safety.

Ultimately people need to relate to each other as human beings. Nothing else matters.

The relief as usual has reached the well off first. Those who could get into choppers could go to arkonam to get into flights.

The well off who lived on higher floors of flats with sufficient provisions could manage the crisis. Only drinking water was an issue{It still is]. One of my relatives

collected rain water on the roof of the building where she stays and boiled it and took it.For survival it is OK. She is a cancer survivor. So knows what it is to be on

edge of living.

Ultimately it is the poor who have lost all including huts and means of livelyhood will have to struggle to carry on.

They are likely to be state guests for a long time until relief camps are closed.

My heart goes out to them

Situation seems to be easing in chennai.Water is receding. Those in defence colony near airport, students of VIT,SRM have been rescued . airindia services are getting

operated from arakonam . Water getting drained in localities on high ground .

Only the localities in low lying areas are still in difficulties . In 70 odd relief camps people are getting food and shelter. If rain tapers off , the city may limp back to

normalcy.

Now people have realised the need to bond with each other to help .Caste and religion go into background.

I heard on TV one woman with two children saying ' Relatives do not matter. I will hold the hands of anyone who will take me and my two children to safety.

Ultimately people need to relate to each other as human beings. Nothing else matters.

The relief as usual has reached the well off first. Those who could get into choppers could go to arkonam to get into flights.

The well off who lived on higher floors of flats with sufficient provisions could manage the crisis. Only drinking water was an issue{It still is]. One of my relatives

collected rain water on the roof of the building where she stays and boiled it and took it.For survival it is OK. She is a cancer survivor. So knows what it is to be on

edge of living.

Ultimately it is the poor who have lost all including huts and means of livelyhood will have to struggle to carry on.

They are likely to be state guests for a long time until relief camps are closed.

My heart goes out to them
hi

even value of army.....army needs peace and war....

Ref: Krish44 Post#158

The message from Mrs. & Mr Iyer is the same but in a different crisis situation !

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&r...IY6C1uv3hRMaDiCMA&sig2=1RpQa65xk8BTu7_BGFwV6Q

I liked the way konkana sen sharma playing a married tamil brahmin woman Mrs Iyer contrives to pass rahul bose a muslim as her husband Mr Iyer to protect him

from rioters and how a bond develops between them inspite of the different religions to which they belong. This Aparna sen film is a cinematic classic.

Only when we are faced with a life threatening crisis, we realise the futility of clinging to religeous beliefs and empathise with anyone we reach to for comfort , help and

protection. Many such heart warming incidents strangers helping people in distress come to notice during crisis.Chennai should be witnessing many such incidents

I am shell shocked by the experience of those who witness the Floods on Dec 2 at Chennai..Read this

Published: December 4, 2015 09:49 IST சுனாமியை நினைவூட்டிய வெள்ள பாதிப்புகள்: டிவி நிருபர்களின் நேரடி அனுபவங்கள்

எம்.மணிகண்டன்

tvn_2644931h.jpg

வெள்ளத்தால் பாதிக்கப்பட்டுள்ள பகுதிகளில் இருந்து நேரடியாக மக்களுக்கு செய்திகளை வழங்கிய டிவி நிருபர்கள் சிலரின் அனுபவங்கள்:
கே.ஜெயசங்கர் (சன் டிவி):
தாம்பரத்தில் ஏற்பட்ட மழை பாதிப்புகளை நேராக பார்த்து அதிலிருந்து விடுபட முடியாமல் உள்ளேன். தில்லை கங்கா நகர் சுரங்கப் பாதையில் தவறி விழுந்த முதியவர் உட்பட பல மரணங்கள் என் கண் முன்னே நிகழ்ந்தன. இப்போதும், முடிச்சூர், லட்சுமி நகர் மற்றும் பார்வதி நகரில் பலர் இறந்துள்ளதாக கூறப்படு கிறது. அவர்களது உடல்கள் கிடைக் குமா என்பது கூடத் தெரியாமல்தான் அவர்களது உறவினர்கள் உள்ளனர். இவையெல்லாம் என் மனதை கடுமையாக பாதித்துள்ளன.
புவனேஸ்வரி (ராஜ் டிவி):
அடையாற்று நீர் சைதாப்பேட்டை பாலத்தை படிப்படியாக கடந்ததை நேரடியாக பார்த்தேன் அது சுனா மியை நினைவூட்டியது. அங்கிருந்த பெண்மணி ஒருவர், ‘பேப்பர்க்கார வங்களா நீங்க’ என்று கேட்டு, இயற்கை உபாதையை கழிக்க ஏதாவது உதவ வேண்டும் என்றார். என்னால் அவருக்கு உதவ இயல வில்லை. இது எனக்குள் குற்ற உணர்ச்சியை ஏற்படுத்தியது.
ஜோ.பிரசாத் (நியூஸ் 7):
கோட்டூர் புரம் பகுதியில் கடந்த 2-ம் தேதி செய்தி சேகரித்துக் கொண்டிருந் தேன். அடையாற்றில் தண்ணீர் பேரி ரைச்சலுடன் சென்றுகொண்டிருந் தது. கோட்டூர்புரம் பாலத்தில் ஏற்பட்ட அதிர்வு வெள்ளத்தின் வேகத்தை உணர்த்தியது. காந்தி மண்டபத்திலிருந்து அந்த இடத் துக்கு வந்திருந்த மான்கள் கூட அந்த வெள்ளத்தில் சிக்கின. கோட்டூர் புரத்தில் 10 ஆயிரம் பேர் வெள் ளத்தில் சிக்கினர். இதுபற்றி சமூக நலத்துறை அமைச்சரிடம் கேட்க சென்ற போது, அவர் பதில் ஏதும் சொல்லாமல் நழுவிச் சென்று விட்டார். ஒரு மக்கள் பிரதிநிதி இப்படி நடந்துகொண்டது என் மனதை மிகவும் பாதித்தது.
சாரதா (நியூஸ் 7):
தாம்பரம் பகுதியில்தான் வெள்ளம் அதிகம் என்று கருதி நான் அங்கு செல்ல முயன்றேன். ஆனால், என்னால் தி.நகரை கடக்க முடியவில்லை. விசாரித்தபோது, மேற்கு மாம்பலத் தில் நெஞ்சளவு தண்ணீர் செல் வதாகக் கூறினார்கள். உடனடியாக வீடியோ குழுவினருடன் அங்கு சென்றோம். அங்கே மக்கள் தத்தளித்துக் கொண்டிருந்ததை பார்த்தபோது நெஞ்சம் பதறியது.
லேக் வியூ சாலை அருகே நின் றிருந்த வினோத் எனும் இளைஞர், ‘‘என் அம்மா, தங்கை, அவள் குழந்தை ஆகியோர் இப்பகுதியில் சிக்கியிருக்கிறார்கள். அவர் களை தொலைபேசியில் தொடர்பு கொள்ளவும் முடியவில்லை. ஏதா வது உதவி செய்யுங்கள்” என்றார். அவரைப் போன்று பலரும் தங்கள் உறவினர்களை நினைத்து கதறிக்கொண்டிருப்பதைப் பார்க் கும்போது கண்கள் கலங்கின.
கார்த்திக் (பாலிமர் டிவி):
நான் முடிச்சூர் லட்சுமி நகர் பகுதியில் கடந்த 2 நாட்களாக செய்தி சேகரித்து வருகிறேன். முடிச்சூர் பெருங்களத்தூர் மதுரவாயல் சாலை அருகே உள்ள 5 ஆயிரம் வீடுகள் கடலுக்குள் இருப்பது போல் காட்சியளிக்கின்றன. இந்தப் பகுதிகளில் படகில் சென்றுதான் செய்தி சேகரிக்கிறோம். செய்தி சேகரித்து திரும்பும் போது, பொதுமக்கள் தங்களையும் படகில் ஏற்றிச் சென்று மேடான பகுதிகளில் விடச்சொல்லி கெஞ்சுகின்றனர். அவர்களில் பலருக்கு நாங்கள் உதவினோம். லட்சுமி நகர் அருகே ஒரு கர்ப்பிணி வெள்ளத்தில் சிக்கியிருந்ததைக் கண்டு மிகவும் வருந்தினேன். அவருக்கு நாங்கள் உதவியது என் மனதுக்கு திருப்தி அளிக்கிறது

http://tamil.thehindu.com/tamilnadu...ி-அனுபவங்கள்/article7948260.ece?homepage=true

There is a small temple near my house for ' வெய்யலுகந்தம்மன்" Since water cannot find a natural drainge way as of now it has to dry up due to வெய்யல் Now prayers are on there!! Quite logical!

Chennai is returning to normalcy faster than most thought. Air back , water off the main roads,bridges functional, power restored in 80% areas, Buses to transport people

free to other parts of tamilnadu and 2.5 lakhs taking them. Food being reached to people and many getting evacuated by defence forces.About low lying areas it is going

to be long haul. Communication by mob and land line , banking. drinking water and fuel supply need to improve further and it might happen fast.

Only one is in for long haul for poor in shelter homes and checking post rain diseases.

There is relief in Chennai..But other coastal areas such as Puducherry and Cuddalore are in shambles die to incessant rains...They too have faced the highest rainfall in 100 years & reeling under floods...68000 people are in make shift shelters in Cuddalore

The main work start after the rain water drains. We have to learn lessons from is incident. Proper drainage facility is required and it is part of chennai citizen not to through waste everywhere (proper facility for disposing wastage) We all together to make our city clean and beautiful.

Request Krishnaji & others from Chennai to share feedback /experience of their struggle!
Vganeji

I will write a separate post on the precautions that normal people must take to withstand these sort of tragedies that might strike any city in future . Though personally I was affected very less but there are lot of lessons for common people from this Chennai tragedy and if they are taken then at least the suffering can be minimised if not avoided . Since I got net and electical connection only today I am busy replying to my backlog emails , messages on FB . Will write a detailed post soon .

Vganeji

I will write a separate post on the precautions that normal people must take to withstand these sort of tragedies that might strike any city in future . Though personally I was affected very less but there are lot of lessons for common people from this Chennai tragedy and if they are taken then at least the suffering can be minimised if not avoided . Since I got net and electical connection only today I am busy replying to my backlog emails , messages on FB . Will write a detailed post soon .

Thank you Krishnaji

There is relief in Chennai..But other coastal areas such as Puducherry and Cuddalore are in shambles die to incessant rains...They too have faced the highest rainfall in 100 years & reeling under floods...68000 people are in make shift shelters in Cuddalore
The sufferings of the people of Puducherry and Cuddalore who are also worst affected, went to back drop as all the media are concentrating on Chennai.

Anti social elements buy the milk pockets in bulk in unaffected areas for a price of Rs 20/- or 25/- and sell it in affected areas for Rs 50/-.

Dear All, When Authorities announced about Flights starting from 5th, soon it was said that there is problem & would be delayed. About weather forecast yesterday by Mr. Ramanan , that it will be only mild but within an Hour it rained heavily, & thereafter recedind/ then suddenly becomes heavy at night. But we have to accept the fact the Forecast is nearly to the Point & all have to give full Credit to the honest/ sincere authorities at this Critical Period. wether from allo
Dear Mr. RAMANAN we all apprecite your never changing attitute fron the Forecast as it is per studies of all oer relevant areas
A.Sriniasan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back