I also believe in social engineering. But, tell your answers to these questions.
1. While reservation has benefited many poor and downtrodden people, by and large
only rich and influential sections from amongst the BC/OBC/SC/ST have benefited,
thus depriving the opportunity of others within their own group. How would you
2. Coming to creamy layer concept, despite Supreme Court's clear directives, all are
opposing this. Even a person with an annual income of Rs.5 lacs should be
covered by reservations, they contend. Alright, if not Rs.5 lacs, you come out
with your prescription of some ceiling many say. To this also, there is strong
opposition. Are you supporting them?
3. While implementing reservations, as a social rehabilitation measure, reverse
discrimination shall not happen. This all the sociologists and psychologists emphasize.
To say it more plainly, an FC student with even 199/200 score cannot get a
medical seat (free seat). Similarly, an FC student with 196/200 marks also cannot
aspire to get a free engineering seat, in an institution of his/her choice. Do you
4. This concept of reservation extends further to employment and even internal
promotions. This has led to a laughable situation: a junior getting 3 promotions
within a time span of 10 years, bye-passing very senior persons, who do not get
one single promotion during the same period of reckoning. Due to this, a boss
becomes a sub-ordinate to his erstwhile sub-ordinate in due course. Is this
a desirable situation?
5. Finally and most importantly, when some people who are assured of employment
and further promotions, regardless of their skills and actual, measurable
performance, there is a marked fall in organisational standards, decrease in output
and steep increase in arrogance of these people against all - their superiors, peers,
sub-ordinates and outsiders (customers/general public). Would you justify this
6. Unfortunately, many of these people (not all) muster courage to commit frauds
and indulge in violence too, with assured impunity. Do you support this?
Like communism, robbing Peter to pay Paul is a failed philosophy. Reservation per se also falls under this category and it will spell doom in the long run.