• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Cheers to Reservation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Namassadhasae.

New Exam pattern in India (Revised):
1. General students - Answer ALL questions.
2. OBC - WRITE ANY one question.
3. SC - ONLY READ questions.
4. ST - THANKS FOR COMING..
&
5. Gujjars/Jats - THANKS FOR ALLOWING OTHERS TO ATTEND THE EXAMINATION .. !!

:drum:

CHEERS TO RESERVATION......

'அவரவர் இச்சையில் எவை எவை உற்றவை அவை தருவித்தருள்
பெருமாளே! - திருவக்கரை திருப்புகழ் '

soundara,

i don't it is a fair post from you.

i am quite sure, you are attempting some humour, without giving deep thought, to the benefits of seeing a cross section of our society across all professions.

india, to its credit, has avoid bloodshed revolutions through smarter social engineering of aggressive affirmative actions.

too many studies have been done - that rural children and children from poor families do not have the benefit of good primary education.

we may not have attacked the root causes of education at the primary level, but the widespread prevalance of doctors, engineers and other professionals across all castes, have reduced the potential social tensions and given everyone a piece of the pie.

TBs have also been freed from their ever dependence on poor paying civil service. they have moved on to do better things.

so, all in all, i think, much as imperfect as 'reservations' may be, the good coming out has been to the overall benefit of india.

Joke about reservation

This is the strength of our community..

Even enjoying the situation..

I used to share with my friends of our community..

Eventhough many groups are always ready to crush, we will survive just because of the adjustability to the situation.

Hats off to the joke

Namassadhasae.

Thanks for the responses - sarvashree kunjuppu ji, vanavil ji & sradhakrishnan lb ji - on 'Cheers to Reservation'.

We have no role to play on this issue. We can only laugh.

As rightly pointed out by Super Moderator ji, this kind of Governmental attitude is also a fillip to our Society, in that we can aspire/have reached even better professional heights, rather than the present powerless burocrats, doing 'ching chong' to the illiterate and anti-social politicians.

Only our community commands respect in all places, in the sense, all other communities in this country needs a certificate by revenue head on their community and only our community is taken at its face value (!).

Our worries are for our grand children on how they can get quality medial professionals in their days! As a result of the reservation, this land will fully be of Reservation Doctors!

I feel that a joke on this issue will work more effectively, than posting volumes.

Exaggeration is the only field for jokes and this is only a little bit of exaggeration, which all of us in this forum will agree pls.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Regards to all.

'அவரவர் இச்சையில் எவை எவை உற்றவை அவை தருவித்தருள் பெருமாளே! - திருவக்கரை திருப்புகழ் '

Dear Kunjuppu,

I also believe in social engineering. But, tell your answers to these questions.

1. While reservation has benefited many poor and downtrodden people, by and large
only rich and influential sections from amongst the BC/OBC/SC/ST have benefited,
thus depriving the opportunity of others within their own group. How would you
justify this?

2. Coming to creamy layer concept, despite Supreme Court's clear directives, all are
opposing this. Even a person with an annual income of Rs.5 lacs should be
covered by reservations, they contend. Alright, if not Rs.5 lacs, you come out
with your prescription of some ceiling many say. To this also, there is strong
opposition. Are you supporting them?

3. While implementing reservations, as a social rehabilitation measure, reverse
discrimination shall not happen. This all the sociologists and psychologists emphasize.
To say it more plainly, an FC student with even 199/200 score cannot get a
medical seat (free seat). Similarly, an FC student with 196/200 marks also cannot
aspire to get a free engineering seat, in an institution of his/her choice. Do you
support it?

4. This concept of reservation extends further to employment and even internal
promotions. This has led to a laughable situation: a junior getting 3 promotions
within a time span of 10 years, bye-passing very senior persons, who do not get
one single promotion during the same period of reckoning. Due to this, a boss
becomes a sub-ordinate to his erstwhile sub-ordinate in due course. Is this
a desirable situation?

5. Finally and most importantly, when some people who are assured of employment
and further promotions, regardless of their skills and actual, measurable
performance, there is a marked fall in organisational standards, decrease in output
and steep increase in arrogance of these people against all - their superiors, peers,
sub-ordinates and outsiders (customers/general public). Would you justify this
development?

6. Unfortunately, many of these people (not all) muster courage to commit frauds
and indulge in violence too, with assured impunity. Do you support this?

Like communism, robbing Peter to pay Paul is a failed philosophy. Reservation per se also falls under this category and it will spell doom in the long run.

Namassadhasae.

Shri Pannvalan Ji,

Thank you very much for your analytical approach made by you on the issue of social engineering. These are the questions majority of our community want to ask the supporters of reservation policy. In fact, I should have replied the way you have done, but omitted the point of social engineering, raised by Moderator Ji. Thank you once again for the prompting pls. I also fervently wait for the reply of Moderator Ji pls. A joke is turning to be a serious issue for discussion, which also is quite good.

Regards to all.

soundara, pann,

actually laughter is the best medicine.

i certainly did not intend to turn this into serious discussion, because i think there are volumes of this discussed elsewhere in the forum.

as a TB, i am more than aware of the adverse effect the affirmative action had on our community's morale.

i say morale, only because, in the 1970s, 80s there were few colleges and we had no way out, if we wanted badly to be a doctor or engineer.

my own cousin got 94% in p.u.c. but was denied medical admission circa 1978. she took biology instead, and beleive it or not, her career path has soared. today she is a director, close to being a v.p. in a very large u.s. biomedical company.

i wish all disappointing stories have such happy endings.

my cousin is so grateful now for being denied the medical admission, as she swears that what she is doing in cutting edge research is anyday better than hanging a board and waiting for clients in mylapore.

otherwise, barring one arguement, ie a quick social engineering method to get representation of all classes across all spectrums of profession, i do not have any more validation.

i am also aware of the abuse of the system.

also, being strongly aware of social pressures as written in the histories of modern europe and china, we have through our democratic process spared bloodshed. i think so.

i always try to remember that even though we may not have been the richer class, we were the intellectuals... and the intellectuals are the first group to get decimated whether it be in france, russia, vietnam, iran or china - during any social upheavals.

i think it is better to have social changes peacefully. there are always winners and losers in such upheavals. but new opportunities open up. after all, is not necessity the mother of invention?

through quotas and affirmative actions, now, all castes have role models within their community. it was definitely quick turnover. and appears to have satisfied the aspirations of a large segment of our population..

thank you.

Since this thread has been listed under Jokes/Humour, I will accord the respect it
deserves here.

I will continue the arguments in another thread.

Namassadhasae.

Shri Kunjuppu ji / Shri Pannvalan ji

Thanks for continuing this 'cheers' under jokes column only. Thread continues pls.

Cheers to all.

I appreciate your viewpoint.Creamy layer should be implemented so that poor among reserved communities will get the benefit. But how to identify it correctly in the present system?. K.sankara raman

soundara,

i don't it is a fair post from you.

i am quite sure, you are attempting some humour, without giving deep thought, to the benefits of seeing a cross section of our society across all professions.

india, to its credit, has avoid bloodshed revolutions through smarter social engineering of aggressive affirmative actions.

too many studies have been done - that rural children and children from poor families do not have the benefit of good primary education.

we may not have attacked the root causes of education at the primary level, but the widespread prevalance of doctors, engineers and other professionals across all castes, have reduced the potential social tensions and given everyone a piece of the pie.

TBs have also been freed from their ever dependence on poor paying civil service. they have moved on to do better things.

so, all in all, i think, much as imperfect as 'reservations' may be, the good coming out has been to the overall benefit of india.

Dear Kunju....

Sitting at Toranto and looking at Indian problem of RESERVATION cannot be adjusted properly. I do agree with you that - that rural children and children from poor families do not have the benefit of good primary education - but this is fit only for THE POOR ones and every one here do agree that the children and families of economically weaker sections should be given advantages of reservation. But reservation just for the sake of caste is not at all correct. It is just like taking the work of hand from your legs, just for the sake of allowing more work to be done by legs whether the same is totally incapable of doing so.

Namassadhasae.

I am watching the postings in this thread pls.

Reservation is a very sensitive issue, especially more so in Tamilnadu. The pseudo dravidian politicians here have mesmerised the minds of majority here on this issue. Except our Brahmin Community, almost all communities are enjoying the fruits of this stupid reservation policy.

No one carries any debit balance or credit balance at the time of his birth and only because of his actions and efficiency, things have to be decided. At the time of allowing some concessions to the scheduled tribes initially, it got extended to all backward classes and to everyone except Brahmins (there is only little exaggeration in this statement pls.) for unlimited time (kalpakodi kAlam).

It is a fact that unmindful of this reservation policy, nowadays, even NB sector has started to compete on merit in many places.

Manu is the Mandal of those days where we had a different society.

The views of brahmins are not at all solicited/considered/required bby any politician in this country, who are after votes.

I think we can only laugh on this situation.

Sarvashri Kunjuppu, Pannvalan also started commenting, but honouring this post as a joke, they took back their serious arguments.

I observe there is no existing thread on this subject to have a serious discussion on this topic. If members so want, this can be converted as a serious discussion also.

அவரவர் இச்சையில் எவை எவை உற்றவை அவை
தருவித்தருள் பெருமாளே!

My earnest feeling is reservation has miserably failed

Brahmins particularly in Tamilnadu have managed to live with this menace.

As far as other communities, only a few among the so called reserved categories enjoy the fruit and majority of the poor and downtrodden are not at all in the race.

Literacy level itself is just 74% in Tamilnadu. That means 26% of people are not at all competing in the race at all. Most of this 26% will be daliths, muslims and rural backward classes.

Of the remaining 74%, if you exclude the so called forward castes of approx 12%, then only 62% is in the race for 69% of reserved seats in Tamilnadu.

If we start excluding poor and down trodden which is majority, then the actual people in the race will be very much less.

Lot of malpractices are going on in obtaining caste certificates from Tahsildar. Except brahmins all other communities manage get a backward caste tag.

Everything with respect to reservation is in mess and unless major revamping id done, it is going to help only few vested interests.

Last edited:
Dear RVR,
Though the post is meant to be a joke, yet it is a ground reality. The whole idea of reservation on the basis of caste and now religion in some cases is regressive. Venkat

Namassadhasae.

Shri RV ji:

Thanks for your analytical comments. I fully agree with you.

It is a fact that our community is forced to live without this 'reservation' cake and in one way it is good for brahmins. It would be better if the existing conditions make us unite, forget the little differences amongst us and raise to the occasion by improving the merit in us (which actually most of us are doing/trying to do). Not only in material matters. Our identity as brahmins will never go and no one will endorse or appreciate, if we go in the path of social reform or something. No one will accept us as reformers.

With this brahmin identity, we can concentrate on brahminical matters, like presenting us with vibuthi/thirumaN/Gobi sandal etc. and in whatever way we can express our brahminhood. No need to have reservations in using our special brahmin language etc.. No need of keeping any inhibitions in these matters. whatsoever.

Though in this thread, this matter was depicted by me as a joke, a day is not far off, the whole issue of reservation is/was a joke, which is enjoyed by all the communities, including those who are tasting the cake now.

Regards to all.

அவரவர் இச்சையில் எவை எவை உற்றவை அவை
தருவித்தருள் பெருமாளே!

Sri GS

Reservation has only made us improve our performance. Now our community mostly avoids government funded colleges and Government jobs. Our community is also exploiting new opportunities like never before.

Every threat has an opportunity. Let us exploit all the opportunities.

Long live reservation. Long live TB unity

All the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back