• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Case studies for mind development

Status
Not open for further replies.
Discussion?

Sravna...I am almost the only one who responds to your threads..so its going to be a discussion it has to be with me cos I dont see anyone else discussing here.

Dear Renuka,

I meant that I will proceed further with my arguments.

I do agree that conmen do not show their true emotions. But what I am talking about is a real and fundamental approach to actions and reactions. Their lies the difference . It is also not correct to think anyone who acts in a balanced way as a conman.

As I said earlier people may unleash mental force on you for their reasonable fears. Reasonable fear implies that you may harm them or take away their comforts. However this belief may not be on firm grounds. This is when you are on the right side. I argued it is necessary to use wisdom first in such cases when people have genuine fears.

For example people may envy your enhanced status or wealth and this may trouble them mentally or your intelligence may irk many and take away their peace and they would want to get even with you. In general people's fears are there because they perceive you are better than them in many ways or will be better than them in many ways.

I also assume the other person somehow turns the force on you. I argued that the wise way to deal such cases is to satisfy such person's ego or seen to be taking a hurt on your ego. The crucial point is the undertone of all this should project you in a favorable light. Something is wise or balanced when it is a win-win situation. You know you have lost nothing and the other man is also happy.

The strongest mental force is one's ego. So if a person knows to handle the other person's ego one can be in control of the situation when it comes to the battle of minds.

Folks, here's the consolidation of the last two posts:

People may unleash mental force on you for their reasonable fears. Reasonable fear implies that you may harm them or take away their comforts. However this belief may not be on firm grounds. This is when you are on the right side. I argued it is necessary to use wisdom first in such cases when people have genuine fears.

People may envy your enhanced status or wealth and this may trouble them mentally or your intelligence may irk many and take away their peace and they would want to get even with you. In general people's fears are there because they perceive you are better than them in many ways or will be better than them in many ways.

Let us take the case where someone is trying to “get even with you”. and the other person turns the force on you. The wise way to deal such cases is to satisfy such person's ego or seen to be taking a hurt on your ego. Remember, the strongest mental force is one's ego. So if a person knows to handle the other person's ego one can be in control of the situation when it comes to the battle of minds.

The crucial point is that the undertone of the actions and reactions should project you in a favorable light. When you make
something a win-win situation you are being wise and balanced. You get your peace and the other man is also happy.

Last edited:
What does it mean to satisfy the other person's ego or seen as taking a hit on your ego?

It is out of compassion that wise acts arise. So when someone is using mental force on you and you have the ability to be compassionate, the problem can be solved amicably.

I think its the male species that has this ego problem more than females.

Males have fragile ego...easily bruised when facing a challenge.

That way I feel its easier for a female to be "spiritual" cos we do not really have massive egos.

Thank God!

I think its the male species that has this ego problem more than females.

Males have fragile ego...easily bruised when facing a challenge.

That way I feel its easier for a female to be "spiritual" cos we do not really have massive egos.

Thank God!

I agree Renuka. But I would say they are catching up with males because they want to be like males in the name of gender equality. So there is a problem.

I agree Renuka. But I would say they are catching up with males because they want to be like males in the name of gender equality. So there is a problem.

I agree Sravna.

Personally I feel Gender Equality is a wrongly used term.

I prefer using the word Gender Compatibility.

Any sane person would know men and women differ in thought,word and deed to a certain extent which is why their actions and reactions need to complement each other.

But what we see today is males and females opposing each other.

This in my personal opinion is unhealthy cos both develop massive egos.

These days when I drive I have noted that selfish drivers that do not give way to another driver are usually women.

I have no idea why females want to lose their femininity in the quest to be so called gender equal.

No doubt I believe in equal opportunity for studies and work force for both males and females but I wont go overboard that men and female can do each others jobs perfectly.

There are fields where a male is better suited and there are fields where a female is better suited..no doubt about that.

But sadly many do not want to think logically these days.

I dislike watching Disney animated movies these days..previously it was nice to see the Prince rescue the Princess...serenade her and they lived happily ever after but these days its the Princess who is fighting and God knows the Prince and her might live Happily Never After.

In the name of Women empowerment a female might just start having Testosterone!LOL

Conclusion: A capable woman does NOT have to become a man.

Last edited:
If one is compassionate by nature it is easier to be balanced than when one is not. So the ability to be compassionate is a gift. There are people who would want to test your depth of compassion by using more force. The wise thing is to try to pacify the force by underplaying your abilities.

It takes time to build a strong and wise self defence against mental forces but believe me, once you have done the hard work, you will be able to cope up with them very easily. Though using wisdom may seem demanding initially, it is my ideal choice. The only reason to not use it is that it is difficult to accomplish.

Though ironical it may seem, the ability to be wise may require acting with force. What you are actually doing is come down purposefully from a level of serenity and "be normal" by showing your emotions. People are generally comfortable when they see anything that is normal.

There are three major ways in which one's compassion plays out against mental forces. In the first approach, the reaction makes light of the situation and is a humorous response. The humor generally highlights the contradictory nature of the force and so how facetious it looks. Actually one need not project the humor outside but it is a response happening within self about the contradictions in the force. Since this derogates the force to an extent it is the least evolved of the compassionate responses.

A more evolved response would be , knowing the contradictory nature of force, not be affected by it in any way. And the most evolved response being , showing genuine concern for the one using the force and wanting to correct his attitude.

Sravna...there is a very versatile word in Hindi/Punjabi starting with the letter C.

It can be used for all situations..no need to think too hard about who is using what force.

As long the C word is our vocabulary....even Jedi Force can not affect us.

The British make things needlessly complicated.

E.g. take the word *Ultracrepidarianism*

It means _"the habit of giving opinion and advice on matters outside of one's knowledge or competence."_

Here we simply call him, C***ia.

When you, by nature possess the ability to produce one of the compassionate responses, you are in control and will be able to steer the tussle without being affected by the force.

Sravna...there is a very versatile word in Hindi/Punjabi starting with the letter C.

It can be used for all situations..no need to think too hard about who is using what force.

As long the C word is our vocabulary....even Jedi Force can not affect us.

No idea Renuka what you mean

To sum up on the way to using wisdom towards force, one uses it for creating a win win situation. It is also acknowledging that the person steeped in using force does not respond to rationality or compassion but only to something that boosts his ego or brings down the ego of the one on whom he uses force. A compassionate person in his true self can afford to take an insult because he understands an insult in its fullest sense and hence has only sympathy for the one using it. So he is able to steer the course of the tussle.

The next question is what if one is not compassionate? One is not compassionate either because of his own nature or because of the nature of the times. Let us try to understand both.

Before going into the ways to react to mental force in cases where one by nature is not compassionate, let us consider not only ways to react to force but any action of someone which could be viewed unfavorably by us? How should someone react to such an action and how do we understand whether an action or words are really unreasonable?

My answer is it can be for the same reason for using force i.e., when the person acting believes he will be physically or mentally harmed or his physical and mental comforts will be taken away. The concern however need not as strong as the one warranting to use mental force.

Reasonable concerns generally respond well to the use of wisdom.

Remember fears are reasonable only when they are supported by well grounded beliefs. So even if a person thinks that he will be harmed, his use of force is not supported if his belief is not well grounded.

When someone's use of force is unreasonable, he is using it as an offence but not as a defence. Offence may also be for preempting threats in the long term. Some may then view it as a defence. But I object to it because one's defence is rightfully secured by strengthening oneself and not by attacking others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back