• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Can you place Amman's garland at your home pooja photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you please explain the scale of devotion? Andal's devotion was primarily romantic and can it be termed as bhakthi?

Some devotees have lost their life and part of the body for the sake of God thru Bhakthi. Were they inferior to the summit peak achieved by Andal?

Pranamam!!!!

Answer to your first question "Scale of devotion".... Bagavan himself has answered about it [FONT=Georgia, serif]...
[/FONT]"Sri Krishna said: O Arjuna, four kinds of pious men begin to render devotional service unto Me—the distressed, the inquisitive, the desirer of wealth, and the one who is searching for knowledge of the Absolute.(BG : 7/16)
"Sri Krishna said: All these devotees are undoubtedly magnanimous souls, but he who is situated in knowledge of Me, I consider to be just like My own self. Being engaged in My transcendental service, he/she is sure to attain Me, the highest and most perfect goal."(BG: 7/18)

Answer to second question "Andal's devotion was primarily romantic and can it be termed as bhakthi?" why not it cannot be termed as bhakthi... According to tamil shaiva siddhantha bhakthi is of four types 1.Dasya bhathi 2.Sakhya Bhakthi 3.Vaatsalya bhathi and 4.Gjnana bhakthi....... Andal's bhakthi is a kind of love and affection towards bhagavan so how can that not be termed as bhakthi???

Third Part... I quoted andal as an eg: because this post was something about Garland..... By which i didn't say that devotion of other devotees are in any way lower to andal...... who am I to say that???

Radhe Krishna !!!!!!

QUOTE]I will tell one drishtandham if women wears a flower on her head does she take it off, keep it in fridge n wear it again???? or do she remove it and give it to her mother sister or daughter...... once kept on hair... they dispose it..... they neither use it for themselves nor give it to others.. is that not???? [/QUOTE]

Will this logic apply if the flower was made of Gold? We do not give to others what has lost value (except for Vājashrava in Katha Upanishad).
So do not put "auspiciousness" on garland, go by the value of it. That will be honest.

Last edited:
]I will tell one drishtandham if women wears a flower on her head does she take it off, keep it in fridge n wear it again???? or do she remove it and give it to her mother sister or daughter...... once kept on hair... they dispose it..... they neither use it for themselves nor give it to others.. is that not????

Will this logic if the flower was made of Gold? We do not give to others what has lost value
So do not put "auspiciousness" on garland, go by the value of it. That will be honest.[/QUOTE]

Pranamam!!!!!

I made the dristandham by taking into consideration about the material(flower).... I even metioned that there few exception among flowers like Bilva,tulsi,lotus etc; which can be reused for pooja mora than one time..... Depending on the vasthu its utility changes... If the flower is made of gold or silver it can be reused again and again by sprinkling some water on them...... My intention was to tell that once the flower is offered to the deity at temple it should not be reused for adoring the deity at home... i do have a doubt... how can i not put auspiciousness on garland from temple??? Isnt a garland from temple auspicious??? I am sry if ii have misinterpreted your statement... If I have done so kindly clear it for me......

Radhe Krishna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back