• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Can Tamil Brahmins be bold to disclose their identity in public?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know HHji, I know lots and lots of Bangladeshis here in London. In fact one my "bestest" friend is Bangladeshi. They are some of the most humble and simple people I have ever known. None of the airs and graces that unfortunately many of us Hindus tend to have. We can learn a lot from them and i honestly feel its something about Islam that tends to bring out the best in people (and i guess the worst, i thought i had better point this out in case many others do!)

Dear MS Amala,

You are correct. In fact human beings are by nature friendly, what ever religion they follow. Islam is a religion found by Prophet to discipline its followers. Like Dharmasastras it has dos and don'ts guiding the followers for right living. Human nature is shaped by the environment and upbringing in which they were grown. Almost all the followers of Islam (from different Countries) with whom I have moved with were and are very friendly and helpful. I have found equally good souls among followers of other religions including Hindus. It is my view all depends on how we move with others. Life is an echo.

Regards,

There was some belief that mridangists - both B and NB - were reluctant to accompany her. I don't know whether the dislike was due to musical reasons or caste-based, or even gender-bias.

Dear Sri "Sangom",

To my knowledge only Palghat T.S.Mani Iyer, the famous mridangist was reluctant to accompany female artists and did not play for any female artists for long time. Later when he became "sammandhi" for Smt. D.K.Pattammal by marriage of his daughter to Smt. Pattammal's son Sivakumar , Sri Mani Iyer started accompanying her in mridhangam. Tiruvalkangadu Sundaresa Iyer in Violin and TanjavurT.K.Murthy in mridangam were the accompanists to M.S.Subbulakshmi in her concerts for years.

Also Palghat Mani Iyer had his reservation to play before microphone for long time.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back