• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Can a Hindu Celebrate Christmas

We are diverging from the thread topic.
God

1. God
A power conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions.

With that definition you can not have multiple Gods.

It is like saying my infinity is different than your infinity.

God

1. God
A power conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions.

It is okay as long as you stop with that. Only when you move further and say your infinity is the only infinity and my infinity is not at all an infinity and further go ahead and conclude with the assertion that I am a pagan for that reason who does not deserve to live here and draw your sword all hell is let loose.

It is okay as long as you stop with that. Only when you move further and say your infinity is the only infinity and my infinity is not at all an infinity and further go ahead and conclude with the assertion that I am a pagan for that reason who does not deserve to live here and draw your sword all hell is let loose.
Well..may be there is a gene theory too.
So one set of genes feel they are on top of the food chain and another set of genes slays anyone who opposes them.
Both feel some need to be in power..only thing one is sword friendly.
So may be there is some common gene cos both have
The Supreme and His messenger concept.

Think about it.

God

1. God

Unfortunately, Majority of religion only knows of limited god. These gods fight with the Devil who is not part of god and is separate from god.

Advaita philosophy is the only one that accepts Brahman as Infinite, omnipotent, omniscient entity.

Advaita is often translated as "non-duality," but a more apt translation is "non-secondness." It means that there is no other reality than Brahman, that "Reality is not constituted by parts," that is, ever-changing "things" have no existence of their own, but are appearances of the one Existent, Brahman; and that there is no duality between the essence, or Being, of a person (atman), and Brahman, the Ground of Being.

Bur Brahman is not Activist God, so people can not beg and get gift.

Well..may be there is a gene theory too.
So one set of genes feel they are on top of the food chain and another set of genes slays anyone who opposes them.
Both feel some need to be in power..only thing one is sword friendly.
So may be there is some common gene cos both have
The Supreme and His messenger concept.

Think about it.
Thought about. Some people have the gene theory driven deep into them. So they are unable to move on. Every now and then the genes haunt them.
I'm sorry I have contributed to this. Bye.

Celebrating Xmas will naturalize the concept of Jesus in a non christian land. Eventually christmas can seem more glamorous than other festivals. Its similar to how Xtians destroyed pagan identities and culture and overhelmed them in Europe

Christmas like all others like Deepavali is used for commercial purposes. So celebrating has no meaning other than find a way to escape the routines of life. Even the evangelical Christians are not really living the teaching of Christ. Most are just afraid of what would happen to them after death. This way they forget to live here and now. So either it is escaping reality with some celebrations or doing some religious activity to gain entry into heaven/vaikunta/siva loka or whatever. All these festivals provide a platform to fight though some religions feel they are exclusive and lack mutual respect.

Then comes a joker usually (not referring to anyone in particular) in such discussions and with half baked ideas throw the word Brahman into the mix. If there is only one existence without second it has to be me or christ or Buddha or Vishnu or Siva or Shakthi. So I am the same God in which case who has to worship whom? What is all these celebration about.

To avoid such confusions let us say a large part of humanity celebrates a day. Everyone can join that without agreeing to the exclusive belief of their religion

I do not know who this post is directed against.
The original post was in GD section and personal observation.
It was not a discussion about god or any philosophy.
But as is usual in any open forum, the thread meanders.
I do not know who the Joker is? If someone is so superior to other members maybe they can give a pass to the thread.
Without that paragraph, in the middle, the post is well written.

I do not know who this post is directed against.
The original post was in GD section and personal observation.
It was not a discussion about god or any philosophy.
But as is usual in any open forum, the thread meanders.
I do not know who the Joker is? If someone is so superior to other members maybe they can give a pass to the thread.
Without that paragraph, in the middle, the post is well written.
LOL! Its very obvious who he meant.
He meant you.

LOL! Its very obvious who he meant.
He meant you.
I just pretended it was not directed at me, and he smartly avoided it being labeled a personal attack.
This person has seen Brahman himself.

1609200207880.png

(Grey Brahman bull

So he can talk about it. But that Brahman is different than the Advaita Brahman.

LOL

Last edited:
I just pretended it was not directed at me, and he smartly avoided it being labeled a personal attack.
This person has seen Brahman himself.

View attachment 11395
(Grey Brahman bull

So he can talk about it. But that Brahman is different than the Advaita Brahman.

LOL
actually we are not talking about anyone specific!
We have only used the pronoun "He"!🤣

Seeing responses to my post I am reminded of a post of someone I admired here though I did not always agree with his radical views. But he was a TRAILBLAZER here. That is mR Sangom and he had a quote which I remember and is apt here

Kuttramulla nenjam kurukurukkum LOL

குற்றம் உள்ள நெஞ்சம் தான் குறுகுறுக்கும்..

Latest ads

Back