• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Brahmins eating non-vegeterian

Status
Not open for further replies.
SAIRAM DINESH

I am happy to see you as a Sai Devotee, so also I am

Although many Great Saints including Sri Sathya Sai Baba have taught us to be a vegetarian, are we able to follow the teachings 100%?

The Tooth paste which we use in the morning contain an animal product; Milk and Milk products are not strictly vegetarian items, many mouth washers, Shampoos, medicines, Vitamin Tonics, are made from animal products.
If anyone pose a question to you on this, you will cut a very sorry face.
To advice others on food habits is not "Prudent" and Arguing on that is "Foolish".

Sri Sathya Sai Baba Himself says" Each one has to reform himself"The change must rake place at the individual level. This can take place only through a mental transformation and not as a result of preaching by others."
http://www.saibaba.ws/articles1/defensevegetarianism.htm

SAIRAM hope this helps you.

Last edited:
I have to disagree. Rennet is a mixture of enzymes. So we are speaking at cellular level. It is not the same as eating cooked flesh, bones, live animals etc. In a way, I would say it is a derived product, like a medicine/drug, chemical etc. So there is no harm and he is still vegetarian.

From Wikipedia.

[h=2]Production of natural calf rennet[/h]Natural calf rennet is extracted from the inner mucosa of the fourth stomach chamber (the abomasum) of slaughtered young, unweaned calves. These stomachs are a by-product ofveal production. If rennet is extracted from older calves (grass-fed or grain-fed) the rennet contains less or no chymosin but a high level of pepsin and can only be used for special types of milk and cheeses. As each ruminant produces a special kind of rennet to digest the milk of its own species, there are milk-specific rennets available, such as kid goat rennet for goat's milk and lamb rennet for sheep's milk.
[h=3][edit]Traditional method[/h]Dried and cleaned stomachs of young calves are sliced into small pieces and then put into saltwater or whey, together with some vinegar or wine to lower the pH of the solution. After some time (overnight or several days), the solution is filtered. The crude rennet that remains in the filtered solution can then be used to coagulate milk. About 1 gram of this solution can normally coagulate 2 to 4 liters of milk.
This method is still used by some traditional cheese-makers in Austria, France, Greece, Italy, Romania, Switzerland, Sweden, and the United Kingdom (among others).
[h=3][edit]Modern method[/h]Deep-frozen stomachs are milled and put into an enzyme-extracting solution. The crude rennet extract is then activated by adding acid; the enzymes in the stomach are produced in an inactive form and are activated by the stomach acid. The acid is then neutralized and the rennet extract is filtered in several stages and concentrated until reaching a typical potency of about 1:15,000; meaning 1 gram of extract can coagulate 15 kg (15 litres) of milk.
In 1 kg of rennet extract, there are about 0.7 grams of active enzymes – the rest is water and salt and sometimes sodium benzoate, E211, 0.5% - 1% for preservation. Typically, 1 kg of cheese contains about 0.0003 grams of rennet enzymes.

I disagree.

1. Vegetarianism and Non-alcoholism leads to better life expectancy. None can dispute it. It is PURE science because as I said the risks factors are cut.

2. Brahmins lived much longer in our societies and it is applicable even today. The reasons could be varied. But vegetarianism, non-alcoholism, TSV were their hall-marks.

-TBT
hi
we can not generalise it....i served in the ARMY....we have free cigarettes/alcohol/meat/eggs are free to soldiers/officers too..

i used to get 4 packs of cigarettes...alcohol/meat once in week....a lot of ppl utilised the facility...now we get cigarette/loquor

for every one...if we are drinker/non drinker......we get allowances......i think no govt service provide free cigareettes/alcohol/

meat for its employees...only DEFENCE FORDES DOES.....there are many brahmins working in army/navy/airforce....every one

gets some kind of compinaste allowances....it does not mean that all drinkers/meat eaters.....if we want drink alcohol...

we have enough TASMARK shops in chennai...a lot of non veg restaurants in chennai too....so eating/drinking is a

PERSONAL CHOICE.....NOT A COMMUNITY /CASTE BASED....its my opinion...its not a big deal....even any pure

brahmin guy with kudumi cannot survive in IT related field...even though he may have M Tech in IT....nobody will give

gal gor him....so i feel...modrate smoking/drinking/meat eating is OKAY....NOT A BIG CRY FOR THAT....

Hello Dinesh Chandrasekharan,

If I may put in my two cents, I am a vegetarian and have raised all my children as vegetarians living in the US for the last 33 plus years.. I made it happen, because of my strong belief and in fact, our entire in laws families and their kids have also followed the same rule..

It was a bit difficult when we did take the kids to Mc Donald's for a treat, I was reluctant to buy french fries since, it was cooked in lard which was derived from meat. they used to have hash brown (grated potato ) and some milk shake... But again Burger King chain stopped that and started frying their fries in vegetable oil, so that was more preferred and better yet, I used to make them at home..

In my opinion if you strongly believe in being a vegetarian and a teetotaller, then you don't need to explain yourself to anyone.. If you believe in your convictions, just ignore other's opinion, it is not important what they think of you just because you are a vegetarian or believe in some other things, It is perfectly fine that you are different from some of the Tamil brahmins or other caste boys or girls.. Eventually they will learn to respect your wishes..

Don't judge what the others are doing, it is enough that you believe in your own convictions.. If someone's company bothers you so much, try talking to them but if things don't change, you avoid eating with them, plain and simple.. YOU BE WHO YOU ARE..

Wish you the very best..

Subhalakshmi :)

Dear Subhalakshmi Mam

I agree with you 100%. I have been to various countries and have been in company of people who drink, eat meat etc. It is their wish and their brought up. I have no qualms about it. I have dined with people who eat meat and who get drunk. But that does not change me or my attitude.

Today I see most Brahmin youngsters taking to meat and drinking alcohol not because they like it, but because they consider it backward or they want to be friends with others. In particular most people resort to alcohol just to be in a group or for business purposes (peer pressure).

That fundamental attitude of peer pressure or belief that being a teetotaller or vegetarian is a symbol of backwardness is a problem in itself.

Doing things for peer pressure affects a lot of other things. Youngsters should be encouraged/educated to move away from peer pressure and remain strong on their own.

-TBT

hi
we can not generalise it....i served in the ARMY....we have free cigarettes/alcohol/meat/eggs are free to soldiers/officers too..

i used to get 4 packs of cigarettes...alcohol/meat once in week....a lot of ppl utilised the facility...now we get cigarette/loquor

for every one...if we are drinker/non drinker......we get allowances......i think no govt service provide free cigareettes/alcohol/

meat for its employees...only DEFENCE FORDES DOES.....there are many brahmins working in army/navy/airforce....every one

gets some kind of compinaste allowances....it does not mean that all drinkers/meat eaters.....if we want drink alcohol...

we have enough TASMARK shops in chennai...a lot of non veg restaurants in chennai too....so eating/drinking is a

PERSONAL CHOICE.....NOT A COMMUNITY /CASTE BASED....its my opinion...its not a big deal....even any pure

brahmin guy with kudumi cannot survive in IT related field...even though he may have M Tech in IT....nobody will give

gal gor him....so i feel...modrate smoking/drinking/meat eating is OKAY....NOT A BIG CRY FOR THAT....

TBS Sir,

I don't see Brahmin guys means one with Kudumis. For eg. I don't have a Kudumi. I am in IT field, part of the Software and telecom product revolution that happened in India. I am a non meat eater and a teetotaller.

Yes, it is a pure personal choice, I agree. BUT BUT I think we should educate and encourage Brahmin youths to be teetotallers and non-meat eaters and also to continue several of their Niyamas and Karmas, as they help establish a good way of life.

Unfortunately we WRONGLY believe that Brahmins are those who have Kudumis and RECITE vedas. NO. NOT AT ALL. They are people who research and develop knowledge (Vedas) and towards that they are supposed to maintain certain way of life.

We should have Universities dedicated to Vedic Research where Vedas and Veda-Angas including Jyotisha are sincerely researched. We can have people of all castes involved in these. It should be part of our curriculum. We will have lot of Brahmins then.

The problem is our society has fallen on MEDIOCRE brahmins (for several centuries now) who saw vedas and vedic scriptures as Maintenance task rather than Development task.

Such people think that Brahmin means ONE who RECITES vedas and not RESEARCHES vedas. Funny...

-TBT

TBS Sir,

I don't see Brahmin guys means one with Kudumis. For eg. I don't have a Kudumi. I am in IT field, part of the Software and telecom product revolution that happened in India. I am a non meat eater and a teetotaller.

Yes, it is a pure personal choice, I agree. BUT BUT I think we should educate and encourage Brahmin youths to be teetotallers and non-meat eaters and also to continue several of their Niyamas and Karmas, as they help establish a good way of life.

Unfortunately we WRONGLY believe that Brahmins are those who have Kudumis and RECITE vedas. NO. NOT AT ALL. They are people who research and develop knowledge (Vedas) and towards that they are supposed to maintain certain way of life.

We should have Universities dedicated to Vedic Research where Vedas and Veda-Angas including Jyotisha are sincerely researched. We can have people of all castes involved in these. It should be part of our curriculum. We will have lot of Brahmins then.

The problem is our society has fallen on MEDIOCRE brahmins (for several centuries now) who saw vedas and vedic scriptures as Maintenance task rather than Development task.

Such people think that Brahmin means ONE who RECITES vedas and not RESEARCHES vedas. Funny...

-TBT

Dear Sir,

I agree with some of your points but I would like to replace just one word from your sentence..I have replaced Brahmin with Hindu.

BUT BUT I think we should educate and encourage Brahmin youths to be teetotallers and non-meat eaters

Cos when less people consume meat ..animals lives can be spared.(Vegetarianism is very important for animals more than us..cos animals won't be killed for food.We humans no matter veg or non veg we are not killed for food)

So the plight of animals should be highlighted and not just emphasizing on maintaining culture and lifestyle.
Lifestyle and culture can change but compassion does not change.

Youths should be encouraged to feel and care for animals and not think of animals as dirty etc.
Traditionally animals are looked down upon as dirty and will contaminate the body if consumed.

This is what that causes all the problems..cos if some new study says that eating meat increasing health..some might turn non veg but if one has compassion no matter what the person will still remain a vegetarian.

I find it amusing sometimes why vegetarians especially newly turned vegetarians sometimes feel nausea when seeing non veg food.
That should not be the case cos if we respect animals we wont kill them or look down upon their dead body.

Just like when we attend funerals..none of us vomit at the sight of a dead human body do we?
It is becos we have compassion for a fellow human known to us..so if we extend that compassion to animals, vegetarianism will be embraced almost by everyone.

So if we want to encourage youths to be vegetarians..do so by encouraging and instilling compassion.

Last edited:
hi
i like to add some more things....present day mainly IT guys life style is entirely different from others...due to global exposure...

i remember one story abt prospective bride groom....bride's father was searching for a groom for his daughter...he was

searching for teetotaller and nice habbits guy...so he approached marriage broker for a groom....the broker said that

he has a brahmin good guy with nice education with heavy salary....the boy is teetotaller...but he smokes sometimes...

so the father asked...really?,,,,,,the broker said that only he smokes when he takes alcohol....he asked again ...appadiya?....

the broker continued that only he drinks when he eat non vegetarian..... he eats non veg when he goes to club with his girl

friends....the father asked again....appadya?,,,,,he asked how many girl friends ?...the broker said.....he has five girl friends....

but he does sandyavandanam and goes to temple regularly.....the girl's father told the broker that the boy is lucky....

becoz the father of the girl had only 2 girl friends before his marriage....so to be son in law has improved a lot with

5 gal friends....see the real global world now....

...Brahmins are those...people who research and develop knowledge (Vedas)...

Namaste thebigthinkgji

If by "knowledge" you mean "science and technology" then you are wrong by equating "knowledge" with "Vedas".

"Vedas" are (is ?) ultimate knowledge unlike "science and technology" which is always changing & evolving.

"Vedas" are (is ?) a (only ?) means to "decode-understand" nature-self-God.

I am sorry in advance if my assumption about your view "...Brahmins are those...people who research and develop knowledge (Vedas)..." is wrong.

Thanks
Jai SiyaRaam

Mr. TBT,
They are people who research and develop knowledge (Vedas) and towards that they are supposed to maintain certain way of life.
Are you implying that Galileo, Einstein, Darwin were brahmins?

Sri. Dinesh, Greetings.

It is really very strange to see members can start a thread in their first post itself. I really think the admin needs to look at the policies.

I do believe in a policy that think "It is better to die standing than to live kneeling"!.

Well, in most places I have seen the opposite is advised. Inflexibility is not a good policy. I don't really believe people live by that policy either. To start with, in most employments, the salary offered is less than the salary expected; people are flexible in accepting a lower salary... they don't say " I better die standing..." possibly may apply to Sri. Dinesh too. By the way, if someone has a principle, it should apply everywhere.. not just at selective convenient places only.

Not all the vegetarians and vegans are brahmins. Someone is considered in the caste of brahmin when someone is born in that caste... not by any other means. So, connecting vegetarian diet to brahmin caste is not correct. Brahmins generally may be vegetarians today; but that does not make it compulsory for all the brahmins to stay as vegetarians.

I am not expecting any reply from Sri. Dinesh.. still I like to ask... kindly tell me, where did you get the idea it is compulsory for brahmins to stay vegetarians, please? If not Sri. Dinesh, others may answer too, please.

Secondly, what is wrong in the consumption of alcoholic drinks?

I am interested in a discussion in favour of alcoholic drinks and non-vegetarian diet. Thank you. ( consumption of non-vegetarian food and/or alcoholic drinks would not make someone loose his/her caste identity anyway).

Cheers!

hi
i like to add some more things....present day mainly IT guys life style is entirely different from others...due to global exposure...

i remember one story abt prospective bride groom....bride's father was searching for a groom for his daughter...he was

searching for teetotaller and nice habbits guy...so he approached marriage broker for a groom....the broker said that

he has a brahmin good guy with nice education with heavy salary....the boy is teetotaller...but he smokes sometimes...

so the father asked...really?,,,,,,the broker said that only he smokes when he takes alcohol....he asked again ...appadiya?....

the broker continued that only he drinks when he eat non vegetarian..... he eats non veg when he goes to club with his girl

friends....the father asked again....appadya?,,,,,he asked how many girl friends ?...the broker said.....he has five girl friends....

but he does sandyavandanam and goes to temple regularly.....the girl's father told the broker that the boy is lucky....

becoz the father of the girl had only 2 girl friends before his marriage....so to be son in law has improved a lot with

5 gal friends....see the real global world now....

The error here is that you are looking for a guy with a huge salary. Know that in today's world, if someone wants to get rich fast, more likely than not he will pick up bad habits. I am from a liberal and multicultural family and despite the fact that I am not doing sandhyavandhanam every day, I still have not had even 1 girlfriend....Now I don't know whether to be proud or envious about this!

I am not expecting any reply from Sri. Dinesh.. still I like to ask... kindly tell me, where did you get the idea it is compulsory for brahmins to stay vegetarians, please? If not Sri. Dinesh, others may answer too, please.

Cheers!

From a NB point of view..let me add this:

I have no idea why people think that it is compulsory for a Non Brahmin to remain Non Veg cos people do ask Non Brahmins "What? Why are you a vegetarian when you are not a Brahmin"

Even in India when I was a student I had a Brahmin professor who once asked me to bake him a chocolate cake!

I told him '"sir I am a vegetarian and I do not make cakes with eggs and at the same time I do not know how to bake a chocolate vegetarian cake"

Then he asked me "why are you a vegetarian when it is not compulsory for you"

Even once I was admitted in the hospital in India cos I ate some veg sandwich and started vomiting non stop.

The attending doctor who came brought along his batch of students.
This doctor was a senior doctor and a Kannada Brahmin.

He examined me and then told his class.."this is a case of food poisoning becos of non veg consumption"

I told him "sir I am a vegetarian"

And he was "What?? Why are you a vegetarian when I assume it is not compulsory for you"

So frankly speaking people in South India have a fixed idea that only a Brahmin needs to be a vegetarian.

So far no North Indian has asked me "Why are you a vegetarian?"

......... So frankly speaking people in South India have a fixed idea that only a Brahmin needs to be a vegetarian....
Dear Renu,

Many tambrams don't care to do nithya karmAs like 'sandhyAvandhanam'.

So, let them at least try to stick to vegetarianism!! :D

Dear Renu,

So, let them at least try to stick to vegetarianism!! :D

Dear RR ji,

For the lives of animals .....yes I hope as many as possible can be vegetarian(even though I won't force anyone).

Vegetarianism is for the benefit of animals.

For man ..only man can uplift himself in thought, word and deed.
I also wonder if food really influences thoughts..cos lots of vegetarians too have basic nature that can suck and lots of non vegetarians/alcohol guzzlers have good nature too.

So its hard to generalize..but for the sake of animals..I would wish people embrace vegetarianism.

From a NB point of view..let me add this:

I have no idea why people think that it is compulsory for a Non Brahmin to remain Non Veg cos people do ask Non Brahmins "What? Why are you a vegetarian when you are not a Brahmin"

Even in India when I was a student I had a Brahmin professor who once asked me to bake him a chocolate cake!

I told him '"sir I am a vegetarian and I do not make cakes with eggs and at the same time I do not know how to bake a chocolate vegetarian cake"

Then he asked me "why are you a vegetarian when it is not compulsory for you"

Even once I was admitted in the hospital in India cos I ate some veg sandwich and started vomiting non stop.

The attending doctor who came brought along his batch of students.
This doctor was a senior doctor and a Kannada Brahmin.

He examined me and then told his class.."this is a case of food poisoning becos of non veg consumption"

I told him "sir I am a vegetarian"

And he was "What?? Why are you a vegetarian when I assume it is not compulsory for you"

So frankly speaking people in South India have a fixed idea that only a Brahmin needs to be a vegetarian.

So far no North Indian has asked me "Why are you a vegetarian?"

The largest number of vegetarians in Tamil Nadu are the Saiva Vellala Pillais and not the Brahmins. Vegetarian food in Tamil Nadu is called Saivam and non-vegetarian Asaivam.

In Bengal and many parts of India Vegetarian food is called Vaishnava Bhojan since the Vaishnavites are vegetarian. In Tamil Nadu all Vaishnavites are not Vegetarian.

...... 1. Vegetarianism is for the benefit of animals.

2. I also wonder if food really influences thoughts..cos lots of vegetarians too have basic nature that can suck and lots of non vegetarians/alcohol guzzlers have good nature too.
Dear Renu,

1. Killing animals for our sake is avoided by staying as a vegetarian. Some kind of 'puNyam' added to us! (Hope so!)

2. It is said that masAla stuff has the quality of making people a bit wild! Once, Sri. Vijay Siva, a leading musician, told that the

food eaten will take about three days to change our mind and because of that 'satvic' food / 'upavAsam' is advised on 'EkAdasi'

days. He added that the new moon / full moon will have already have the effect in our brain (lunatic!!) and masAla food will add

'fuel to the fire'. I don't know how far it is true scientifically, but I liked the way he gave this message. :cool:

When we were in Vizag, our neighbors were Bengalis. Every day that lady used to cook fish and since our kitchens were

separated by a compound wall, I used to get nausea! (The houses were like mirror reflection and hence the kitchens were nearby)
She used to say that fish is after all 'kadal vAzhaikkAy' in Tamil! :fish:

P.S: She was a pretty lady reminding me of Smt. Parveen Sultana. (
Parveen Sultana )

Dear Renu,

1. Killing animals for our sake is avoided by staying as a vegetarian. Some kind of 'puNyam' added to us! (Hope so!)

2. It is said that masAla stuff has the quality of making people a bit wild! Once, Sri. Vijay Siva, a leading musician, told that the

food eaten will take about three days to change our mind and because of that 'satvic' food / 'upavAsam' is advised on 'EkAdasi'

days. He added that the new moon / full moon will have already have the effect in our brain (lunatic!!) and masAla food will add

'fuel to the fire'. I don't know how far it is true scientifically, but I liked the way he gave this message. :cool:

Dear RR ji,

1)Why worry about Punyam? That accounts for ulterior motive!LOL

2)I don't know about 3 days but I recently had to stop eating food from a shop nearby..even though it was all vegetarian food but I used to get angry easily after eating the food.
As far as I know he did not use any MSG too(I don't think MSG makes one angry too).
I stopped for a few weeks and mood was fine..started eating it again and anger came back again.

I had no idea what was in that food.
Initially the owner used to have brisk business then customers started becoming lesser and lesser and he recently shut down his restaurant.

The food tasted good but don't know why it caused mood change real fast almost within 1 hour..mood changes.

I also wonder why other customers stopped buying his food.

Why is no one answering Raghy's question :

what is wrong in the consumption of alcoholic drinks?

Let me try:

There is nothing acutely wrong with consumption of alcoholic drinks(I do not drink BTW)

But to a certain extent these are its drawbacks:

1)Waste of money.

2)You don't really find true friend's among drink buddies..everyone is around as long alcohol flows!LOL

3)Alcohol increases abdominal fat deposition(Really Ok..check out WebMD)

4)Dehydrates the system.

5)Screws up the glucose levels in the body.

6)Strains the liver to metabolize it.

7)Risk of addiction

8)Risk of behaving in an regrettable manner after excessive consumption of alcohol.

Not all the vegetarians and vegans are brahmins. Someone is considered in the caste of brahmin when someone is born in that caste... not by any other means. So, connecting vegetarian diet to brahmin caste is not correct. Brahmins generally may be vegetarians today; but that does not make it compulsory for all the brahmins to stay as vegetarians.

Secondly, what is wrong in the consumption of alcoholic drinks?

I am interested in a discussion in favour of alcoholic drinks and non-vegetarian diet. Thank you. ( consumption of non-vegetarian food and/or alcoholic drinks would not make someone loose his/her caste identity anyway).

Cheers!

You can not have any meaningful discussion in this forum in favour of alcoholic drinks and non-vegetarian diet. A Tamil Brahmin is identified here with

1. Performance of Sandhyvandanam: To be considered a Brahmin one has to perform Sandyavandanam. This is the view which has been propagated endorsed time and again by the Maths and other Acharyas.

Long time back a discussion about the performance of Pujas was derailed by the members insisting that only Sandhyvandanam is necessary for the Brahmins.

In my village even long time back Performance of Sandhyvandanam was not considered essential. There was no pressure from the elders to perform Sandhyavandanam.

2. Vegetarianism: This is considered a prerequisite for being considered a Brahmin. Tamil Brahmins do not accept the Brahmins of other regions who take meat and Fish. Though many members have pointed out that Rishis themselves ate meat and quoted Puranas, these are not accepted in this forum.

This was considered absolutely esemtial in all the Brahmin circles. My village accepted even criminals and call girls but not Non-Vegetarians.

3. Total avoidance of Alcohol:

A number of Brahmins drank even in the old days. Our Ganapdiagal who was great in performing Pujas was an alcoholic.

No amount of discussion is going to change this view which is ingrained in many members.

We have to accept that and avoid any discussion on these matters.

This was considered absolutely esemtial in all the Brahmin circles. My village accepted even criminals and call girls but not Non-Vegetarians.

LOL! That means there were vegetarian criminals and vegetarian call girls too?
Cos you said your village would not accept non vegetarians so that means these criminals and call girls must have been vegetarian too.

BTW I thought vegetarianism promoted Sattva behaviour as most commonly misunderstood then why did they become criminals and call girls?

So that means I could be right..that food has nothing got to do with nature of person or nature of profession.

BTW what about the vegetarian women who wear silk sarees and leather wearing men?
Are they allowed in your village or also exiled Natamai style?LOL

Isn't silk Non Veg..causing loss of life of silk worms?
Leather I do not have to explain.

Last edited:
We have to accept that and avoid any discussion on these matters.

Dear Sir,

I feel there is no harm discussing any topic.

I am sure quite a number of members take alcohol but only one person admits it openly.

So lets hope many give feedback and their opinions.

Gujarat is a state which predominantly Vegetarian. Jains and Vaishnavites. The crime rate there is not much different from other states.

About wearing Silk, this thinking of harming silk worms is relatively new. Except Paramcharya all the other Acharyas wore/wear Silk.

Recently when I was in Varanasi, for the morning boat ride we shared a boat with three young Buddhists from Darjeeling All of them carried prayer beads and were praying all the time. Then thy bought Live Fish from some vendors in boats and released them in the Ganges They told us that it is part of their concern for animals. They buy pigeons and release them. Buddhists believe in the welfare of animals and all living things. But all of them are non-Vegetarians.

Sorry for the digression. Just noticed this reply and thought of replying back.

[edit]Modern method

Deep-frozen stomachs are milled and put into an enzyme-extracting solution. The crude rennet extract is then activated by adding acid; the enzymes in the stomach are produced in an inactive form and are activated by the stomach acid. The acid is then neutralized and the rennet extract is filtered in several stages and concentrated until reaching a typical potency of about 1:15,000; meaning 1 gram of extract can coagulate 15 kg (15 litres) of milk.
In 1 kg of rennet extract, there are about 0.7 grams of active enzymes – the rest is water and salt and sometimes sodium benzoate, E211, 0.5% - 1% for preservation. Typically, 1 kg of cheese contains about 0.0003 grams of rennet enzymes.

Renukaji,
Your response has the answer and confirms my previous statement as well. 'enzyme-extracting solution' - It gets enzymes 'alone' which is rennet. So it doesn't compare to eating meat.

LOL! That means there were vegetarian criminals and vegetarian call girls too?
Cos you said your village would not accept non vegetarians so that means these criminals and call girls must have been vegetarian too.

BTW I thought vegetarianism promoted Sattva behaviour as most commonly misunderstood then why did they become criminals and call girls?

So that means I could be right..that food has nothing got to do with nature of person or nature of profession.

BTW what about the vegetarian women who wear silk sarees and leather wearing men?
Are they allowed in your village or also exiled Natamai style?LOL

Isn't silk Non Veg..causing loss of life of silk worms?
Leather I do not have to explain.

Food definitely changes the behavior of a person. Not me. Even krishna said that in Bhagavad Gita. And today Science confirms that nutrition in diet changes the behavior of a person.

Krishna says in Bhagavad Gita, food which are stale, smelling, fermented alcoholic stuff are liked by Tamasic people, who are ignorant/foolish. Science says alcohol dehydrates the brain, removes inhibitions and impairs judgement.

Krishna says food which are excessive in taste (bitter, sour, salty, sweet) cause diseases, misery and distress. Science says excessive salt consumption causes BP, sugar consumption (ofcourse lack of exercises also) causes diabetes, fat consumption causes cholestrol/heart diseases etc..

Krishna says food which are juicy, pulpy and hard that are pleasing to heart need to be taken. Science says fibrous, good fat and balanced diet need to be taken.

There is no doubt that food affects the behavior of a person.

Food and Behaviour Research: Home

The question u may want to ask is by MODERATE or say SOCIAL drinking does the behavior of a person gets changed..?

The answer to that is a resounding YES and it is just over a period of time.

-TBT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back