• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Brahmins and Society

Status
Not open for further replies.
mm,

not sure by what you mean 'YOU' here. would you mind enlightening me on that, if you don't mind please.

mm, this is a forum of ideas. i think it is welcomed, when well presented and in a dignified form. i think, by and large, you do exactly that.

you are presenting your views, and definitely proposing, a way of life, according to the scriptures. there is nothing wrong with that, and i don't think anybody here, including the moderators, will do anything to prevent your presentations.

i had only pointed out, one inane remark of yours to nacchi, which i felt was unwanted, and which was a blemish to your often erudite messages.

in your last para, re progressives, i may be wrong, but i detect a sense of frustration or chide here. so be it. not all of us can agree on everything.

i think there are more things that are common among us than those that differentiate us. i always focus on that, when i pen posts, which when particularly is a response or query mode.

re the issue of equality to our females, personally i feel, that the hindu succession and the marriage acts, did more to emancipate our mothers, sisters and daughters than any other one single instance i can think.

to give you an example, my grand aunt widowed issueless, and was driven out without one penny from her husband's immensely wealthy household. she had no legal standing to claim even money for support and spend the rest of her life, at the mercy of her brothers largessed.

ofcourse this happened in 1930s. today we find this incredible. incidentally all the mutts and including the then president rajendra prasad opposed the bill.

if we carefully examine our day to day lives, i suspect, that there will be many elements, where we have side stepped the laws of the scriptures. may not be because we are selfish or a matter of convenience, but more as an exercise of practical common sense.

it is this exercise, that folks like nacchi & krs, have encouraged in this forum - blatantly put as intellectual honesty.

thank you.
hi kunjappu sir
u are rite.......we are more selfish/convenience than the real humanity values.......we are loosing our values day to day life..we live in
plastic money world with disposable plates...our life values are
like paper plates/napkins like disposables........we are degrading our
life........but we have to pay the price..may be next generations..

regards
tbs

tbs

i am optimistic.I think good days are ahead for all of us.Especially from 2012 dec 21.

sb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back