• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Brahmin girls falling trap of love jihadi's and converted to islam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice post. Only a small observation. After the marriage, let the couple choose, which side they want to follow, depending on their frame of mind and yearnings. HDAS can lay down the guidelines for such weddings - as such weddings are allowed.

The subject of IC, IR marriages has been discussed in this forum several times earlier in this forum under different threads. Still it keeps cropping up and the solution is eluding us because

that they have got recognition. Boy's relatives had to bear it with a grin. But time will normalize everything. Now the girl is a pucca Brahmin DIL.

The blame is full on the girls side and especially the girl's mother. The mothers of these girls are over ambitious. The current marriage stats for a wanted bridegroom Vadama is
TCS/INFOSYS/CTS/ IIM/IIT Salary 10 lakhs pa / own house/own car

Are u asking for a business partner of life partner

hi kamesh,
the girl's mother is greedy than any other now a days........they want money partner than a life partner....marriage is deal now a days.

ultimately the girl has to suffer...so the divorce rate is going up in many IT couples......

regards
tbs

Dear Mr.Kamesh and Mr.tbs...

What you people have mentioned, is the ground reality..

Girl's parents side are asking business partner, no doubt. Girls are no innocent too. They want business partner with 80:20 percentage of expense sharing between husband and wife respectively to run the family, but with family values as long as they could have their fequency matching without shedding their personal preferences. If not matching without compromises, than to go for divorce and get into other business deals.

Last edited:
Dont get me wrong.I am not hinting about caste abolishment.I dont object to Varna Sytem even though I dont practise it.

I am just asking for Hindu Culture that all.Some standard guidelines.
Like a standard form of for preforming marriages example.
In Vedic times the Mangalsutra was not even there.

Just a thought on the above. Aren't we all born Hindu's and then converted. As in Baptism to convert to chritian, Poonal to convert to a brahmin etc..

doent that mean that everyone is a hindu by birth.

I strongly doubt that Palakkad Brahmins are poor any more, say since 3 decades at least. And that could hardly be the reason. I find hard to believe that poverty could be reason for change of "faith". In that case, there are more poor people in Islaam and Christianity and they are not changing their faith. Poverty could be attributed to those who have not been minding it. Surely there are other reasons - valid or ridiculous.

Dear Mr.Kamesh and Mr.tbs...

What you people have mentioned, is the ground reality..

Girl's parents side are asking business partner, no doubt. Girls are no innocent too. They want business partner with 80:20 percentage of expense sharing between husband and wife respectively to run the family, but with family values as long as they could have their fequency matching without shedding their personal preferences. If not matching without compromises, than to go for divorce and get into other business deals.

Sir, i am aware of many families where the boy has got complete neat and clean habits and the mother or father of the boy have not demanded any money or jewel or dowry. In spite of this, they are not yet married. I studied MA and a prospective girls mother telephoned my mother and asked her " How can a person who has just studied MA earn X per month" X denotes an amount. She thought we were lying. Another mother asked my cousin about his C A registration number and my cousin was forced to ask the reason and the mother put down the phone

Sir, i am aware of many families where the boy has got complete neat and clean habits and the mother or father of the boy have not demanded any money or jewel or dowry. In spite of this, they are not yet married. I studied MA and a prospective girls mother telephoned my mother and asked her " How can a person who has just studied MA earn X per month" X denotes an amount. She thought we were lying. Another mother asked my cousin about his C A registration number and my cousin was forced to ask the reason and the mother put down the phone

so what is your solution for these boys. we cannot just have them waste away their youth, can we?

so what is your solution for these boys. we cannot just have them waste away their youth, can we?
You are wrong. Marriage is not sex and pleasure. It is a step forward in santhana dharma. By marrying you are eligible for certain good karmas to be performed.

Do marriage and age matter? Didnt ur periyar marry post his 50th year or may be even 60th year?

You are wrong. Marriage is not sex and pleasure. It is a step forward in santhana dharma. By marrying you are eligible for certain good karmas to be performed.

Do marriage and age matter? Didnt ur periyar marry post his 50th year or may be even 60th year?

kamesh,

you got me wrong. mine was a sincere question. i agree wtih you re all the problems and the arrogance of the girl's mothers. this is how our society has changed.

but marriages do happenregularly, and i come to chennai once a year atleast to attend marriages, and do skip a few.

my question, and again i repeat: should one take the situation of the adangaa pidaari mothers lying down? is there solution to it?

i really dont care about sex or the age of marriage of these boys, but i have heard anguish at 35+ boys, unable to find wives.

my question is a very gentle one. what to do here? if you do not have a solution, please feel free to tell me so. or the solution is to wait, till the girl gets very old and hates being a spinster and changes her mind. whatever!

re periyar, who the heck cares about periyar. not me. i think he is dead and gone long ago. :)

kamesh,

you got me wrong. mine was a sincere question. i agree wtih you re all the problems and the arrogance of the girl's mothers. this is how our society has changed.

but marriages do happenregularly, and i come to chennai once a year atleast to attend marriages, and do skip a few.

my question, and again i repeat: should one take the situation of the adangaa pidaari mothers lying down? is there solution to it?

i really dont care about sex or the age of marriage of these boys, but i have heard anguish at 35+ boys, unable to find wives.

my question is a very gentle one. what to do here? if you do not have a solution, please feel free to tell me so. or the solution is to wait, till the girl gets very old and hates being a spinster and changes her mind. whatever!

re periyar, who the heck cares about periyar. not me. i think he is dead and gone long ago. :)

Shri Kunjuppu,

The underlying problem is the close freindship of 27+ years girls with their mothers. They both have their check list in verieties and need a boy who can fit well with both of their check lists. These check lists are prepared from their own basic/standard ideas/desires and by comparing with other married girls in their relative and social circle. As well they are scared that, the boys may be lying with their salary for the sake of getting married. Some tend to ask some stupid questions bluntly (as Mr.Kamesh has stated in his post #81), during the very first communication itself. Because, they don't want to waste money , paying the astrologer for checking horoscope match.

My mother contacted one girl's mother while looking alliance for my elder brother. The girl (32 years old) is just qualified with BA Economics and working in a private firm for Rs.12000 per month. A middle class family having 2 daughters and 1 son. This girl in question is the eldest of all her siblings. The moment my mother started explaing about her son, the mother of the girl said - " We are looking only for Engineers, IT professional is most prefered and the boy should have had this education from one of the reputed institutions of India. Should earn minimum 40K plus. And the age difference should not be more than 2 years".

for a boy to be married: he has to be
Employed in the USA or should be working in TCS/INFOSYS/CTS/WIPRO/MNC... Preferably IIT or IIM or BITS.MBA from a reputed university. When the match making is done like without the mind matching many bad things are bound to happen
Any one who earns 50 k or lesser has lesser chance to get married...

Any one who earns 50 k or lesser has lesser chance to get married...

kamesh,

for every guy there is a girl. i believe in that.

the trouble is that most of our boys and their mothers, still operate under the old paradigm. why chase the girls who are beyond you. why even waste your time, when you know that iit/mba/ibm is what that is wanted.

go after the rest. loosen your requirements. dump the tambram girls, and go for other groups. ultimately a wife is only as good as the girl, irrespective of caste or creed.

otherwise, as someone said, go the path of sanathan dharma, and eschew marriage. seek spiritual solace.

i think this is what was meant by that gentleman. was it you btw?

Dear Kunjuppu,

I have some deja vue on this topic which you well know. But, of late, there seems to be some marginal change in the general attitude of some girls and their parents; they come forward and agree for marriage by relaxing their stipulations somewhat, provided the boy agrees to move over to the girl's house for permanent residence (in case he and the girl work in the girl's place) and the boy and his parents agree that the boy's salary will be fully available for the girl and her family for their use. Thus, the pendulum seems to have swung exactly to the opposite end and it is becoming "பையனைக் கல்யாணம் பண்ணி வேட்டாத்துக்கு அனுப்பணும்."

Shri Ravi Sir

You deserve a PhD on the subject. Threadbare analysis!

Sri Iyyarooraan..Thanks for your recognition of my analysis.

Sir, basically we could see what's happening with our open eyes and open mind. Whether it's Marriage or Divorce. Also, when we could understand girls and their mothers point of views (that is valid for their benefits) as mere human beings , boys and their parents as same mere human beings can figure out what is what clearly.

We just need a open mind to understand the ground reality and the mentality to project the truth as a matter of fact. Mostly in debates many realities are concealed being gender biased. Girls side would refuse to accept their mistakes and guys side would do the same.

As far as marriage proposals are concerned, many are the errors on girls and their parents side who come up with highest preferences and are ready to wait even upto 35 years of girls. In this bargain either the girl opts to marry out of cast or in extreme cases out of religion, loving a guy who is in close contact in her social/official circle.

"Love Jihadis" are successful because, though the family is religious and instilling highest religious values in their girls, at the end of the day, in the present scenario the conceptual deal of the marriage market drives the girls towards "Love Jihadis" as innocent victims, in search of their marriage and the desires to live a married life of their dreams

I strongly doubt that Palakkad Brahmins are poor any more, say since 3 decades at least. And that could hardly be the reason. I find hard to believe that poverty could be reason for change of "faith". In that case, there are more poor people in Islaam and Christianity and they are not changing their faith. Poverty could be attributed to those who have not been minding it. Surely there are other reasons - valid or ridiculous.

Even if there are poor in Islam and Christianity, the Mosque or the Church generally helps them which is not a case in Hindu.

regarding brahmin girls falling prey to love jihad

namaste,

i am happy for getting good response for the above thread. The problem is purely with girls who go with "terrorist muslim boys" thinking that they are getting good husbands. then these girls are used for sex and converted to islam. most girls turn up as prostitutes. this is the truth.

news paper reports shows that out of the girls rescued from the trap the maximum number are brahmin girls. brahmin girls are less in number when compared to other community hindus. but maximum girls fallen in the trap are "brahmins"

this is a lesson to parents of brahmin girls who are placing huge demands for marriage. although money is necessary for worldly life, let them understand that earning money is not the sole purpose of human life.

i knew one beautiful charming brahmin girl belonging to a wealthy family became the target of love jihad. her husband is selling soda and he belonged to a terrorist organisation. now the girls parents are supporting her. she is now a muslim devoted to Islam.

kerala brahmana sabha is not interested to discuss this matter out of shame and fear.

may god lead us from darkness to light.

pranams to all

manoj

Attachments

• love jihad 5.jpg
    love jihad 5.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 105
news paper reports shows that out of the girls rescued from the trap the maximum number are brahmin girls. brahmin girls are less in number when compared to other community hindus. but maximum girls fallen in the trap are "brahmins"

The efforts of VHP and Bajrang dal should be applauded in this matter.

Without their presence in states like Kerala and West Bengal , it appears that the plight of hindus, the poor in particular, will be much worse.

this is a lesson to parents of brahmin girls who are placing huge demands for marriage. although money is necessary for worldly life, let them understand that earning money is not the sole purpose of human life.

I am glad this forum is also being used to discuss real issues affecting brahmins and hindus.

Thank You!

"i knew one beautiful charming brahmin girl belonging to a wealthy family became the target of love jihad. her husband is selling soda and he belonged to a terrorist organisation. now the girls parents are supporting her. she is now a muslim devoted to Islam." - Manoj Sivan

My problem with this Thread is "Love Jihadis" and converted to Islam"...

This is a very explosive Title. Adults are allowed to convert to other religion on their own free will. They can convert to Islam, Christianity or Hinduism. That's their basic Civil Right.

This Thread implies that conversion to Islam means it's bad because they are all terrorists! This is pure and simple nonsense, peddled by bigots and Hindu fundamentalists whose aim is to incite violence, as in Gujarat.

Manoj:

Do you know whether this Muslim is a terrorist for sure?

You say that NOW the mother supports the daughter, who has converted to Islam.

I suspect he is not a terrorist...that's why the mother is supporting her.. and she is from a wealthy family.

Where's the problem here?

Y,

I feel Shri Manoj Sivan is a well-known personality, see this post (http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/genera...p-love-jihadis-converted-islam.html#post91006).

This "Love-Jihad" issue was investigated by the Kerala Police under directions of the Kerala High Court, on the basis of a complaint to the Court and the Police report was that there is no such thing which merited to be called a "Love Jihad"; only isolated cases here and there of B girls falling in love with Muslim youth and some of them subsequently getting deserted or breaking-off themselves.

IMHO, this trend of B girls finding a sort of thrill in loving non-hindu boys is anyway on the increase and those who have daughters to be married, have to take the risk of their daughter doing some such thing.

unfortunately i came across a Brahman family of 2 sisters here around my place. the elder one got herself into love with a christian, their father passed away in due course and their mother had to concede to her daughter's demands. Though i support the people getting married deciding on their own partner, i am Not in support of the ones sweeping aside / blackmailing their parents for their "love" - If they are incapable of recognizing the love and care of 20+ years from their parents, i am sure they understand nothing about love. All they would ve understood is that once you 'chose' a partner, you fight with everybody / beat the opponents / buy the other one gifts / sms, phone and inform everything that happens in ur life everyday / cheeky roam around and permission to feel each other - in a nutshell, everything a hero and a heroin does in a film.
The point is, a person does not do all these things to fall in love. The person does all these things outta love - a massive difference.

Anyways, coming back to the incident - the younger one is studying her 12th, the elder sis is working and her lover husband has been bedding ( sorry to use that word here ) the younger one while her elder sis is at work. Now their mom has no support to bother, the elder one now understands the effects of a marriage with no backing from her parents / relatives but does not want a broken life while the younger one in her school believes that her "brother-in-law" is the love of her life too ! The younger one told the same "love lines" to her sis - the same "love lines" that the elder one had used against her family - and the guy is pretty relaxed in all of these. My source of info if from a person pretty close to the younger sis.

there is no "jihad" in what has happened above. and trust me, there is no "Love Trap" either.
all that happened was that the girls brought up in our culture for a long time were all at sea when they got a chance to interact with guys - the movies and the hormones worked - and the rest is history.

a msg people - Our elders kept girls and boys away from each other because they conducted marriages at a pretty early age.
As well as you all recognize to change the marriage age these days, it would be prudent to understand that the more you keep something hidden, the more interesting it becomes, irrespectiv of whether it really has any value or not.

I saw another poster here suggesting the Jewish methodology of scheduling "dating" within the community ? I Disagree.

The more chances of us organizing community activities and the more the people of our community mingle with each other, the lesser they ll have to be afraid of being an "odd person out" in this society.

And when people form gangs of friends around them, the infatuation of the "unknown and the hormones" take a back seat.

_n.

This is a latest response to an IBN report on the topic. Many cases reported in the local papers are ignored by the main stream media.
[SIZE=+1]Love Jihad - IBN7 Exclusive Report [/SIZE]
08/11/2009 13:47:12
Haindava Keralam - global community of dedicated Hindu Keralites with a peace mission

Vidhya
28/04/2011 21:56:10
Love Jihad Still continues in Kerala

The Love Jihad is not ending in Kerala.It is still continuing..Here is the latest one reported from Trivandrum.http://i54.tinypic.com/n1sf1g.jpg. Members who have access to vernacular media must publicize the reports for understanding the enormity of the problem.

The report came in the Malayalam Daily “Kerala Kaumudi” says that the girl,Sandhya Raj from Karaman, was studying in a nursing college in Varkala.Her parents fixed her marriage and she didn’t object.On 25.04.2011 her father dropped her in the Trivandrrum central staion to her college and she didn’t returned.When enquired in the college,it was reported that she didn’t came to the college on 25th.Her father complaint to the railway police next day.On enquiry it was found that she eloped with a Muslim Jihadi Romeo,Anwar.And also made to know that they already registered their marriage two months back at Paravur Registrar’s Office.

namaste to all,

Yes Love jihad is still continuing now and even now many girls are falling prey to it. It will continue in future also. Our girls think that they knew everything. I am sorrry to state that expecially Brahmin girls think they need not to pay attention to what elders are saying.

I have told some Brahmin girls that there is an attempt of forced conversion from muslims. they are not at all interested to hear what I am saying. They simply say that we are not interested in these topics. I am sure that in future the victims of love jihad are going to increase very much. Not only the Girls become muslims, their parents pay huge amount to the "muslim boys" and gradually some of the parents are forced to become "muslims". Recently in Malappuram- one entire brahmin family became muslims. They offered some job to a member of the family, and one widow from that family was married to a muslim person and the entire family became muslims.
Recently in malayalam news paper- malayala manorma also one love jihad news came.

we can only say to people about these. Let the intelligent understand. Moreover, our people say that "what is wrong in becoming muslims" .

god help those who help themselves.

pranams

manoj

"we can only say to people about these. Let the intelligent understand. Moreover, our people say that "what is wrong in becoming muslims" ."

Manoj:

You have given an Explosive Title to this Thread... I don't know why? You have implied that all Muslims are Jihadis! Why? Are YOU an anti-Muslim personality?

If fully grown adults convert to Islam voluntarily for one of the hundred reasons, What's wrong in it?

You have not given your arguments... please make a case, if you can.

Last edited:
Love jihad by muslim youth is a reality and acknowledged by communist politicians and christian church in kerala. The blog below summarises the evil deed. There are cases reported from UK universities as well.

[h=2]SATURDAY, JANUARY 1, 2011[/h][h=3]Love Jihad-a Case Study[/h]

Love Jihad-a Case Study

Introduction

Love Jihad has become the buzzword in Kerala, with media reporting on this on a daily basis for some time now. Even though reports had been published by the Kerala Kaumudi newspaper as early as February 2009, stating that over 4000 Hindu girls had fallen prey to Muslim youth and got converted to Islam, not much attention was given by the other media and the public then.

From the Kerala Kaumudi, Feb 09

‘Love Jihad’ which aims to convert by marriage in Kerala as well’

An organisation named “love Jihad” with the objective to trap girls in the web of love in order to marry is active in Kerala as well. It is learned that this organization has converted hundreds of girls through this modus operandi.

The Special Branch of Police began investigation when mass religious conversions came to light in the more than 4000 marriages recorded within the last 6 months in the Panchayat directory. The highest concentrations of such marriages were reported in Malapurram district. Calicut and Kannur are just behind. There are reports of such marriage in other districts too.

This organization is using a group of young boys from a certain religion. They are instructed to lure girls from other religions. As per the instructions to recruits of this organization, they have to romance a girl within 2 weeks and brainwash them to get converted and marry within 6 months. Special instructions to have at least 4 kids have also been given. If the target doesn’t get trapped within first 2 weeks, they are instructed to leave them and move on to another girl.

The money required for this arriving from foreign sources. This organisation has been active in Kerala for a year. Modern gadgets like mobile phone, motorbikes and fashionable clothes are given to the recruits as tools for the mission.

Each district has its own zone chairman to oversee the mission. Prior to College admission they make a list of girls segregating them along religious lines.

But with the filing of the Habeas Corpus petition before the Kerala High Court which has ordered investigation from the State and Central governments, ‘Love Jihad’ has captured the attention of the entire media, both print as well as visual media.

Organisations behind Love Jihad: - Love Jihad is primarily the brainchild of the Pakistan based terrorist organization LeT. It is being carried out in Kerala by organizations like ‘Campus Front (Students wing of NDF), Tasreen Milleth, Shahees Force, Muslim Youth Forum etc.

Organisations providing backup support by providing materials and resources to Love Jihad:

1. Thareekath Movement (Hyderabad)

2. Mitch of Truth

3. Islam council

4. Maunathul Islam

5. Political parties like IUML, PDP, and also SIMI

Intention: To finish off Hinduism once and for all by changing the demography of kerala by ensuring that Hindu girls give birth to Muslim child. Having gained the upper hand viz-a viz land holding, educational institutions, business establishments, more Muslim constituencies,
economic situation, destroying temples etc, it is only logical that they go for the ‘kill’.

Target: (Mainly Hindu girls, and also Hindu boys.)

The ‘preys’ for Love Jihad are:

1. Non Muslim College and Schoolgirls. (Mainly Hindus)
2. Working women
3. Special emphasis to target Brahmin girls
4. Girl students studying in educational institutions under Muslim management.) mainly professional colleges)
5. Hindu women working in institutions of Muslims
6. Girls and women having a close friends circle of Muslims

A Brahmin girl is treated as more valuable. The Muslims are aware that by destroying the priestly class they are more likely to uproot Hinduism. The reported 'reward' in rupees given to the jihadi Romeo who traps a Hindu girl depends on the girl’s caste.

1.Brahmin:Rs. 100,000/-
2.Nair: Rs. 75,000/-
3.Ezhava: Rs. 50,000/-
4.Other caste: Rs. 30,000/-

More disturbing information that has been observed is that when girls from middle class and affluent families are targeted and are made to bring in a lot of gold or the girls family is threatened and forced to part with some of their property as dowry.

Organisation Structure: - (for Kerala)

1. Head Quarters- Green Valley, Manjeri, Malappuram Dist.
2. Zonal centers at Trivandrum, Kochi and Kozhikode.( people who have obtained Let training are in charge of these centers)
3. Committees at district level with a 5-member committee.
4. Love Zone chairman and assistant for each district.
5. 5-10 jihadi romeos for each educational institution (either students from the same institution or boys from the surroundings)

Methodology: - 6 Stages

1. Identification:
2. Contact: Through Mobile Phones, SMS, easy charging centre, E Mails, Internet, Through Muslim girl and classmates or hostel mates, Direct Contact.
3. Impress the Girl: satisfy the fashion and ‘lifestyle’ needs of the potential target by buying mobile phones, remitting their college fees, recharging their mobile, sending SMSs, buying gifts etc.
4. Entertainment: taking the girls to Cinema, ice cream parlours, restaurants, fan clubs in flashy bikes and cars and buying them expensive gifts and dresses.
5. Emotional approach: The girl is proposed marriage and promised a loving and comfortable and rich life style after marriage and the boy slowly works his way to become intimate with the girl and start making physical advances. The photographs and video clips (mainly using mobile cameras) of the intimate moments are captured and then used to blackmail the girl and her family subsequently. The threat of physical harm to the girl or her family or even killing of the girl or her family is also
used as blackmail.
6. Conversion:- The girls are promised marriage and are told to convert to Islam and then made to learn Islam through institutions like
a. Maunam at Ponnani
b. Mogadhar at Kozhikode
c. Mancheri at Malappuram Dist.
d. Ervadi and Theni in Tamil Nadu
e. And also through Islamic study centers at Kottayam, Kasargode,
karunagapally etc

Training: Love Zone chairmen and Jihadi Romeos are known to have got LeT training. Training camps conducted at Kochi and Kannur. 185 Muslim youths attended the training camp at kannur. (Of which 4 got killed by security forces in J&K) Training camps conducted by ‘Thareekath’ at all districts. (It is of interest that a lot of Muslim doctors, engineers, professionals, business men, are actively supporting this program)

Funding:

1. 23 ‘charitable’ organizations under the control of SIMI are financing the Kerala Love Jihad plan.
2. India Fraternity Forum, centered at Dhamam, Saudi Arabia is collecting funds from Middle East and sending. Receives around 600 cores per year.

Facilitators: Popular Front of India provides the basic support by providing mobile phones,
motorbikes, cars, and also provides physical protection (in the form of “escort” for the eloped or kidnapped girl and boy). Their legal wing, Kerala Legal Front provides legal assistance to the jihadi Romeos.

Status of the Victim:

1. After marriage the girl is sold to flesh trade or used in sex rackets.
2. The victim is used to trap more Hindu girls and in some cases to trap Hindu boys.
3. Some of the victims end up as slaves at yatheemkhanaas or as domestic help in the
muslim households
4. Some reach terrorist centers.
5. It has come to light with the disclosure of one of the girls who escaped from this trap
that they are given some drug regularly that makes them psychiatric patients or
mentally de ranged after some time.
6. Sent to Arabian gulf as concubines to Arabic youths

Arise awake and react by educating your self!!!
This is not the time for Hindus to be complacent, imagining that the love-jihad is something that happens to someone else. The girl who is being targeted by the love-jihads today may be from your own family, and nobody is immune. It can happen to absolutely anybody.

In this context, it is worth remembering the words of a prominent German anti-Nazi named Martin Niemoller:
First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out -because I was not a communist;
Then they came for the socialists, and I did not speak out -because I was not a socialist;
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out - because I was not a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out-because I was not a Jew;
Then they came for me-and there was no one left to speak out for me…..

Posted by Daily Alert at 6:07 PM

Secular India: Love Jihad-a Case Study

Y,

instead of viewing the situation as anti muslim, i would rather look at the phenomenon dispassionately to verify any truth in it.

i have start historically here. a few years ago, an indian islamic gentleman, who has lived long in malaysia/indonesia, was with me on a flight from singapore to chennai. over a few drinks, he opined that there was 10% of muslims around the world who were 'fanatics' and within that group, he felt there were 10% that he felt were 'rogue' muslims - whose presence has caused untold grief to the world, and even more to their own brethren.

your query sort of ignited many dormant memories, having grown up with muslims in royapettah/triplicane in my very early life, and spending my
summers in badagara, which is in malappuram, a muslim majority district of kerala. most of my grandpa's clients were muslims, and to me, the most
fascinating site, used to be, when the mangalore mail crossed into thirur, and we used have the muslim ladies of those times, no burqa, and
the elderly ones gleefully lighting up beedis, and have hilarious chats with my madisar clad grandma. one did not simply see ladies smoke in
madras of those days. i dont know if the muslim morals of kerala has too been wahhabi-ized.

around mid 1980s i was visiting paris france with my family, and has become the norm then, most of the low level jobs were held by arab immigrants.
the desk clerks in my hotel looked and behaved white frenchmen, except when i talked to them in detail, they fessed themselves to be tunisians.
one only has to look back 500 yrs ago to understand the current demography of tunisia as a berber land, populated mostly by fleeing muslims,
moors and converted spaniards, against the force of reconquista lead by isabella/ferdinand, those two who backed columbus.

one night, when we were returning there was a big fight among the desk clerks, and i had to go get my keys. these guys called me aside, and
one group was the forebears of osama, bent on converting the mediterranean to an islamic lake, and the other group calling them 'crazy'. i,
being a non white foreigner, had no opinion, as the idea of jihadi terrorism was still only brewing at that time, and confined mostly to mid east.

in my high school, a fervent catholic english teacher, who had not much sympathy for other faiths, remarked, that at one point in the freedom
struggle, there was a plot my muslim extremists, to kill the entire congress leadership (i would imagine abul kalam azad would be included in this
coterie too).

the gradual wahhabi-ization of islam, thanks to oil wealth of saudi, enjoined with american naivity, i think, has spawned movements and initiatives,
by a very few, not appearing kosher with the norms of civilzed behaviour.

i do not think the conversion of AR Rehman or Kamala Das, would invoke any outrage, but Sarang says is quite plausible. there are probably a
group of islamists, who believe that they are doing service to their religion, who through wiles or mammon, able to procur additions to the faith.
not sure whether this is proscribed or prescribed in the quran, but to these, any kaffirs appear to be game.

the only antidote to this, is knowledge among the folks and publicity. some girls may fall prey, but it is good for everyone to know of such
organized approach, and if confronted, deal with it.

all this, i am sad to say, is in the overall transformation of an indian sufi based islam, to a current wahhabi based values. this is only my opinion.

the famous tamil writer jayamohan, has recently remarked in his blog, about the increasing insularity of the tamil muslim community. 'how many
muslims do you have?' he asks, or 'have you been invited to any muslim function or wedding recently'. this, i feel, is a fairly recent phenomenon,
along with the wearing of chadors as a standard garment for tamil muslim women. in my early days, in my neighbourhoods, one could differentiate
the muslim women, only by the absence of the bindi on the forehead. not so these days. same goes in kerala, i am told.

as someone coming from ramanathapuram, and probably familiar with the marikar or labbai communities there, and whose erstwhile relationships
to their fellow tamils, whether they be hindus or christians, has been one of cordiality, it might be interesting to know, if there has been a change
in their attitudes. ie more of wahhabism. this does not mean religiosity, for the islamic community was always religious, but without the said
feelings of seige, anger and a desire to annihilate the other faiths, which i consider to be the sole realm of wahhabi-ism. so Y, if you are able
to shed some insight, it will be useful and most welcome here. please feel free to ignore the request to :)

to me tamil muslim erudity, was defined by justice mm ismail and his commentary on ramayana. not to mention ofcourse prez kalam. it would be a
shame, if the thinking of the community moves away from such role models to ones led by osama and his followers.

only time can tell.

ps. in the context of my above post, dear Y, i can believe Sarang or Manoj's claims to be true. i think, the title appears dramatic, more due to their
concept of english usage, than any anti muslim feeling. my take. hope this explains. somewhat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back