• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Beating and controlling wives ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is this: In the olden times men used to have many women in their lives out of which only one would be the legally wedded wife.

So distinguish her from the others the word Dharmapatni was employed. Of course women were supposed to have only one husband and so the need for the word dharmapati did not arise!

We often hear the word "dharmapatni". Then "Dharmapati" is not a usable word?

Duty of the Husband is to provide for and protect his wife.
Duty of the wife is to love her husband as he is, was and will be -
without ever trying to change him.

Dear sir,

I agree fully with what you wrote.. but I always find the husband wife relationship a weird one cos actually what binds them?
Love or Duty or both or none?

If we think about it we wont be really able to define it .

Dear Renu,

Very easy! It is 'give and take' relationship!

Whoever gives love, the other takes.

Whoever earns money, the other takes.

3. Whoever gives scoldings, the other takes.

4. Whoever gives beatings, the other takes!!

If either 1 or 1 & 2 are done mutually, then they are the ideal couple. :high5:

Dear Renu,

Very easy! It is 'give and take' relationship!

Whoever gives love, the other takes.

Whoever earns money, the other takes.

3. Whoever gives scoldings, the other takes.

4. Whoever gives beatings, the other takes!!

If either 1 or 1 & 2 are done mutually, then they are the ideal couple. :high5:

Most Important Fact.

1) Whoever doesn't gives love, another(woman/man) overtakes.

My dear Sis talks about a few senior citizen ladies!

Times have changed and women have THE POWER now! :whip:

Yes now it is the bride's turn to tell the groom
soon after the tying of the knot,
"You belongs to me body, mind and soul and salary!"

Mind is something that no one can own except one's own self.
You can imprison a man in Alcatraz but not his mind.
So no wife or husband can actually say they own each other 100%.
Cos God knows what goes on in each others mind.!!LOL

Mind is something that no one can own except one's own self.
You can imprison a man in Alcatraz but not his mind.
So no wife or husband can actually say they own each other 100%.
Cos God knows what goes on in each others mind.!!LOL

Controlling other people's minds is a possibility.

That is what the hypnotists do and people who mesmerize others do.

Rec
ently a new method of burglary was in the news.

North Indian boys (rich, well educated, fair, good looking and well mannered) would seek the blessing of the elderly couples for success in their new ventures.

The old couples would suddenly become as generous as the Paari, Kaari and Ori of the ancient Tamil Nadu and give away not only their blessings but also all the gold and all the cash they had with them, on their own, most willingly.

Only long after those boys decamp with their effortless loot, the couple would realize what they had just done!

Wife beating is still going on cos no wife dare hit back her husband.
If a woman gives him back one tight slap on his face till he sees stars and is deafened for a while..then he might think twice about hitting her again.

You know alternately crush oral contraceptive pills and add it in the diet of an aggressive man and watch him after few months become effeminate and he might be useful around the house to help in housework!!!LOL

(Note: this is meant to be a joke only and I am in no way recommending chemical castration for domestic quarrels)
I am training sincerely my daughter to hit her future husband (please note that it is not 'hit back') and so please send in the detail of your son (should be educated and should be rich) for an alliance please. This is an experiment and not a joke!

Dear Harini,
Nice to see that you are back with real bang :boom:

Returning to the days of Balya vivaah??? :rolleyes:

I think Renu's son might not have entered his teens yet!

Am I correct Renu???

I am training sincerely my daughter to hit her future husband (please note that it is not 'hit back') and so please send in the detail of your son (should be educated and should be rich) for an alliance please. This is an experiment and not a joke!

ha ha ha...my son is only 12 years old.BTW he is good looking now itself.Now itself in school many girls give him love cards till he is telling me "amma I cant stand this girls chasing after me"
I told him now you are 12 so you are saying this..by the time you hit your teens you will be chasing them!!

But wait wait..I told him that I prefer him to choose his own spouse in the future.

You see almost everyone in my family side even up to my great grandparents from both my maternal and paternal sides had same caste/intercaste/interstate love marriages.

So it was me and my husband who broke the rule by having the 1st arranged marriage in my family lineage.

So I want my son to choose his own bride!! cos love marriages has that Kickku!!

dear Renu!
You forgot to ask the most important question...
How old is Harini's daughter anyway ???
Is remote love still a possibility???:rolleyes:

Dear Harini,

Yes I forgot..how old is your daughter?

When you mean rich..I hope you mean rich in Gunas too.
Cos money comes and money goes..Gunas grows and grows and everything else falls in place.

அண்மையில் நான் படித்தது. A gift to Muslim Couple என்ற நூல் ஒன்றில் (ஒரு இஸ்லாமிய மௌலவி-அறிஞர் எழுதிய நூல்) புதுமணமான முஸ்லிம் கணவன் தன் மனைவி படிக்காதவளாயினும், புத்திக்கூர்மை இல்லாதவளாயினும் அன்பாக நடத்தவேண்டும் என்று எழுதிவிட்டு, இருவருக்கும் வாக்குவாதம் முற்றிக் கணவன் மனைவியை அடிக்கவேண்டிய நிலை ஏற்பட்டால், கம்பால் அடிக்கக்கூடாது, கையால்தான் அடிக்கவேண்டும் என்றும், கம்பால் அடிப்பது இஸ்லாத்துக்கு விரோதம் என்று எழுதியிருக்கிறார்.
கிருஷ்ணமூர்த்தி

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back