• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Baba’s prove your claim: NRI Rationalists offer 85 lakhs

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

Birmingham-based Asian Rationalist Society of Britain (ARSB) have offered a monetary prize of £100,000 or Rs 85 lakhs to individuals who claim to have paranormal powers and offer magical cure and luck in India. If they could scientifically prove it to the ARSB, they walk away with bragging rights and a handsome sum. These NRI rationalists have opened their offer to 'babas' and 'tantriks' in India as well, in addition to other individuals who offer their services in the Asian and Caribbean communites.

Sachdev Virdee, general secretary of ARSB, said, “It is a matter of shame that with their fake claims they are still able to victimise vulnerable, desperate and gullible people in India. "The people of India have enough strength to come forward to expose these babas and to expose the real truth to protect the vulnerable people and put fake babas behind bars.”

These individuals who claim to have a higher power would be tested under conditions, and if they were to be successful would walk away with the prize money offered.

To stake claim to the prize, these individuals would have to be tested under certain conditions. In 2008, the European Regulations categorized “faith healing” under trade. Faith healers can be sued if they fail to deliver on their promises. Among these are astrologers and fortune tellers who say their services are entertainment-driven and not based on any experiments.
:behindsofa:
Now that all the rationalist have flew the coop, here is one that they would have loved.

hello prasad sir,a worthy op , is this situation seen in your place ? ,does indians there can /also practice it .ie , are people with E.S.P( EXTRA SENSORY PERCEPTION ) seen there . this could be a supportive or against it . but in india , these laws ,orders cant fetch more as people are of 3 types ,FAITH ,BLIND FAITH ,THOSE WHO FEEL IT FAKE. here no one can claim ,sued for their situation .truly worth people with ESP are here,but once it becomes commercial ,i feel they loose their identity .

When I was young, there were reports of 'sacred ash' falling from Sri Sathya Sai Baba's pictures, in the nearby villages.

And, I HAVE SEEN something like 'sacred ash' which emerged from the heart of Jesus Christ (!!) and accumulated in between

the picture and the glass covering, for a few days !! People thronged the house, which was owned by a lady nurse of our local

maternity hospital in Anaimalai village. Till today, it seems a wonder to me! How is it possible?

Birmingham-based Asian Rationalist Society of Britain (ARSB) have offered a monetary prize of £100,000 or Rs 85 lakhs to individuals who claim to have paranormal powers and offer magical cure and luck in India. If they could scientifically prove it to the ARSB, they walk away with bragging rights and a handsome sum. These NRI rationalists have opened their offer to 'babas' and 'tantriks' in India as well, in addition to other individuals who offer their services in the Asian and Caribbean communites.

Sachdev Virdee, general secretary of ARSB, said, “It is a matter of shame that with their fake claims they are still able to victimise vulnerable, desperate and gullible people in India. "The people of India have enough strength to come forward to expose these babas and to expose the real truth to protect the vulnerable people and put fake babas behind bars.”

These individuals who claim to have a higher power would be tested under conditions, and if they were to be successful would walk away with the prize money offered.

To stake claim to the prize, these individuals would have to be tested under certain conditions. In 2008, the European Regulations categorized “faith healing” under trade. Faith healers can be sued if they fail to deliver on their promises. Among these are astrologers and fortune tellers who say their services are entertainment-driven and not based on any experiments.
:behindsofa:
Now that all the rationalist have flew the coop, here is one that they would have loved.

Hello, Shri Prasad sir! You have hastily concluded that all the rationalist have flew (or, is it flown?) the coop
and, it is not correct to say "coop" also, because no one was confined here; they came and they went, that's all.

I am a conservative brahmin and also a rationalist. I am sure none of our Babas/Gurus/Godmen/Godwomen/Acharyas will come forward to stake a claim for the reward. Their world is a special one and their main focus is to ensure that their cult followers remain within the coop.

I think the prize money is too small to attract anybody. And why should they bother whether somebody believes or does not? There has been a Confession booth in Churches where certain amount will be collected (to wash off the sin/s) and receipt given. The idea of Confession is a good thing in Christianity but whether the sin is washable or not is debatable. Faith gives relief and why should anybody question it.

When I was young, there were reports of 'sacred ash' falling from Sri Sathya Sai Baba's pictures, in the nearby villages.

And, I HAVE SEEN something like 'sacred ash' which emerged from the heart of Jesus Christ (!!) and accumulated in between

the picture and the glass covering, for a few days !! People thronged the house, which was owned by a lady nurse of our local

maternity hospital in Anaimalai village. Till today, it seems a wonder to me! How is it possible?

Dear RR Ji,

Actually nothing is impossible.There is a process called Grossification where the highly spiritually evolved individual is able to materialize an object by taking certain proportions of the subtle elements and making it gross.

When I was a child aged 12 I still remember vividly seeing Sathya Sai Baba materialize vibuthi right in front of my eyes when I was in Puttaparthi India.
The newly formed vibuthi was hot to touch.
The process of Grossification produces heat.

There has been lots of cases of Vibuthi appearing on pictures even out here in Malaysia.
Some were genuine cases and some where were also false cases.
Once there was a family who claimed the vibuthi was appearing from pics and one fine day someone caught them red handed putting vibuthi on pics.

There is also something called Poltergeist phenomenon..sometimes intense desire for a miracle makes things appear and disappear but its actually the own energy of the individual which is relocating objects.
In Poltergeist phenomenon no materialization takes place.

Next is even scarier cos even Paranormal entities play along in making things appear and disappear when they can sense the intense desire of someone to have miracles at their home.

So there are many causes;

1)Divine causes as in Grossification
2)Poltergeist Phenomenon
3)Paranormal causes.

So thats why its very important to keep desires under check.
Be careful what we wish for we have no idea sometimes who is giving it to us.

Real saints will not bother whether others accept their inherent abilities or not and they go on performing their duties towards public. It is for us to understand them and to utilise their power.

Just after writing a post in this thread, I happened to get this long video about a few miracles!

Here it is:

@RR: Hope this post is of interest to you!

MIT Technology Review website recently published an article online, which is excerpted below. The article itself was reproduced from “The Physics arXiv Blog” which contains daily coverage of the best new ideas from an online forum called the PhysicsarXiv where scientists post early versions of their latest ideas.

Original article here: Teleportation

Excerpts:

Teleportation is the extraordinary ability to transfer objects from one location to another without travelling through the intervening space.

Teleported information does not travel through the intervening space. This is no science fiction. Physicists have been teleporting photons since 1997 and the technique is now standard in optics laboratories all over the world.

The phenomenon that makes this possible is quantum entanglement, the deep and mysterious link that occurs when two quantum objects share the same existence and yet are separated in space.

Until 2010, entangled photons could not be made to travel further than a kilometre or so......But, in 2010, a Chinese team announced that it had teleported single photons over a distance of 16 kilometres.

Now the same team .... (has) teleported entangled photons over a distance of 97 Kms across a lake in China. Clearly they have their eyes on the possibility of satellite-based teleportation around the world.

Less than 50 years ago, nobody could have talked about teleportation without being ridiculed. Today?

In case anyone is worried about china teleporting military bombs, don’t worry. Why? Talk to a physics professor.

Last edited:
Dear Naina Sir,

Thanks for the "WOW" link. They talk about a range of 97 km, whereas the object shown in the video have gone

thousands of miles away! How is it possible? Nothing but a miracle, imho.

Regards..........

Dear Naina Sir,

Thanks for the "WOW" link. They talk about a range of 97 km, whereas the object shown in the video have gone

thousands of miles away! How is it possible? Nothing but a miracle, imho.

Regards..........

Wait for some more years. Science is trying to catch up !! Needs more money and better technology.

Greetings.

Although I personally don't follow any baba or any swamy, I will not reject them outright. In most cases, it is not the baba who does anything; it is the faith of the person with that baba. For example, I am friends with a Fiji Indian family; close enough like relatives. That lady is a staunch devotee of Sai Baba. Only once she started debating with me about the glory of Baba; I refused to debate. i did not want to hurt her felings with any of my pessimistic talks. I could see she has the faith and she draws strength from that faith. In such instances, it is best to be left alone. She was not forcing me to follow Sai Baba; so, who am I to criticise her faith?

So, personally for me, sometimes these kind of challenges sound hollow. People have faith. Faith need not be proved. Who have faith we are going to be alive tomorrow; otherwise we won't be working, we won't be saving for tomorrow. The whole world works on faith. Probabilities are just for the academics.

Cheers!

'Trying to catch up'!! So, who is great??? :D

That too trying to catch up spending huge money, time and energy!!!! Breaking the head with the expertise knowledge and advancements in Science and Technology!! As well can possibly enable teleporting military bombs from China over India!!! And may even advance towards teleporting a criminal to another country without border/security/emigration checks!!! LOL!!

I wonder, was Puttaparthy Sathya Sai Baba was basically a SET scholar and a great Scientist, to have extraordinary skills of teleporting Vibuthi thousands of miles away, from a small town of Puttaparthy to the great United States of America???

I somehow sort of feel uneasy with any so called Rationalist offering money to prove or disprove a spiritualist.

These kind of rationalist should try offering this sorts of money to places like Msia and Indonesia.
There is an occult pratise done by certain black magic practitioners called "Pukau" meaning to delude.

In Pukau sometimes some people do not even realize that they have been robbed and even given all their money to the Pukau practitioner and have no idea when and what happened.

Some people have even gone to the bank and withdrew money and gave it to a stranger who just happened to stand in front of them.
"Pukau" experts are smooth criminals..cos its hard to trace them.

So these Rationalist should try to tempt Pukau experts and the Rationalist might
just land up losing every savings of theirs.

I somehow sort of feel uneasy with any so called Rationalist offering money to prove or disprove a spiritualist.

These kind of rationalist should try offering this sorts of money to places like Msia and Indonesia.
There is an occult pratise done by certain black magic practitioners called "Pukau" meaning to delude.

In Pukau sometimes some people do not even realize that they have been robbed and even given all their money to the Pukau practitioner and have no idea when and what happened.

Some people have even gone to the bank and withdrew money and gave it to a stranger who just happened to stand in front of them.
"Pukau" experts are smooth criminals..cos its hard to trace them.

So these Rationalist should try to tempt Pukau experts and the Rationalist might
just land up losing every savings of theirs.

If you really see the *challenges* thrown about by these "rationalists" they are utterly irrational. There is no known scientific or physical process through which, say grace or aseervadham is transformed into a physical thing such as vibhuthi, or gold etc. Even after fully understanding, they keep on challenging faith-healers and the medium of verification will be the so called "scientific methods". Very laughable.

It is just like my insisting that as I have no thermometer to measure the temperature, I will use the foot-ruler in my possession and you have no option except to agree to my stipulation.

........... Some people have even gone to the bank and withdrew money and gave it to a stranger who just happened to stand in front of them.
"Pukau" experts are smooth criminals..cos its hard to trace them..........
A strange incident happened to one of my relatives. The lady in her early sixties was approached by a good looking young

man, who told her that she would get a widow's pension - a few thousands p/m - if she signs a few documents in the office

located at the first floor of a building complex. He advised her to put all her jewels in her handbag and then go to that office,

just to give an impression that she is poor. She kept all her jewels in her hand kerchief, rolled it and kept safe in her handbag.

She went to that office and found that there was no procedure as claimed by that young man. Disappointed, she came down

in search of that young man but could not find him anywhere nearby. On returning home, she wanted to wear her jewels again

but was shocked to find that the jewels kept in her hand kerchief were missing! Till today, she is unable to find out how this

could happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back