• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Avadhuta Gita

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stanza 37

Brahman is free from colours such as white,blue and yellow.It is devoid of qualities such as sound,touch and smell.How do people describe Brahman, which is beyond mind and speech?

Stanza 38

When everything in this world including body becomes unreal and void like space,then truly one knows Brahman.Then there is no longer any parade og dualities for him.

Stanza 39

It apperas to me that my innate self and the Supreme Self are truly identical and exactly like one continous space.
How can there be a meditator and meditation?

Stanza 40

Whatever I do, whatever I eat,whatever I offer in sacrifice and whatever I give away--none of these belong to me.
I am ever pure,unborn and immutable.

Stanza 39

It apperas to me that my innate self and the Supreme Self are truly identical and exactly like one continous space.
How can there be a meditator and meditation?

Stanza 40

Whatever I do, whatever I eat,whatever I offer in sacrifice and whatever I give away--none of these belong to me.
I am ever pure,unborn and immutable.

Dr Renuka,

Can you please explain more on stanza 39. Meditator and meditation.

All the best

Dr Renuka,

Can you please explain more on stanza 39. Meditator and meditation.

All the best

Dear RVRJi,

Meditator and Meditation...

I am trying to explain from my own understanding only.
Dattatreya was explaning about the Selfsame Brahman which is devoid of duality and non duality (See Stanza 36).
So when there is only Brahman ...How can there be Two?(The meditator and meditated upon)

re

Dear RVRJi,

Meditator and Meditation...

I am trying to explain from my own understanding only.
Dattatreya was explaning about the Selfsame Brahman which is devoid of duality and non duality (See Stanza 36).
So when there is only Brahman ...How can there be Two?(The meditator and meditated upon)

seer & seen,perhaps are one or transient.

nachi naga

Stanza 41

Know this universe to be formless.Know all this universe to be devoid of transformation.Know all this universe to be devoid of transformation.Know all this universe to be pure existennce itself.Know all this universe to be of the nature of the Supreme Beatitude.

Stanza 42

Undoubtly you are that Supreme Reality.
Why then do you think thus"Do I know the Atman or do I not?" Or "Is it matter of experience or is It incomprehensible?"

stanza 43

O my dear, as darkness and light cannot remain togather,so how can ignorance and knowledge be in Brahman?All this is that one,spotless,formless Reality.

stanza 44

I am without begining,middle and end.I am never bound.By nature I am pure and perfect---this is my firm conviction.

Stanza 45

Nothing is perceived by me--from the cosmic intelligence down to the manifested universe.Truly,all this is Brahman.How can there be any continuance of caste and stages of life?

Stanza 46

I know in every way that I am the sole Relity,all pervasive,independent and ever existent.The 5 elements--space,air,fire,water and earth--are all unreal.

Excellent thread, thanks to you Renukaji. I don't know why i did not read it all this time. Please keep up the good work as always.

Stanza 47

The Atman is neither male nor female nor neuter.It is not a matter of perception or inference.Why then do you ponder over whether the Atman is blissful or devoid of bliss?

Stanza 48

The Atman cannot be purified through the practice of the six limbs of yoga or through the annihilation of the mind or through the instructions of a teacher.The Atman is the Reality Itself and It is Purity Itself.

Stanza 49

The Atman neither has a body of five elements nor is It without a body.Truly everything is the Atman.How can the three states and the Fourth be ascribed to the Atman?

Stanza 50

Truly, I am neither bound nor free nor seperated from Brahman.I am neither the doer nor the enjoyer,neither the pervader nor the pervaded

Stanza 51

Truly ,I am neither bound nor free nor seperated from Brahman.
I am neither the doer nor the enjoyer,neither the pervader nor the pervaded.

Stanza 52

If you are not free,indeed, then neither are you ever bound.How then can think of yourself as with form(when bound) or as formless(when liberated)?

Stanza 53

I know your supreme form,which is ever present and all pervading like space.Similarly I know your inferior form,which is indeed like water in a mirage.

Stanza 54

I have neither guru nor instruction,neither attributes nor action.Know for certain I am incoporeal like space and absolutely pure by nature.

Stanza 55

You are absolutely pure.You are without any body and mind and beyond maya.
Do not be ashamed to say"I am Atman---the Supreme Reality.

Stanza 56

O mind,why do you weep?You are truly the Atman.Be one with it.Drink,O my dear the supreme nectar of the boundless ocean of Nondual Brahman.

Both Stanza 55 and 56 are excellent.

Can anybody elaborate and give further explanations on these two stanzas

All the best

rvr,what we are is athman,owing to avidya,we are bound thru maya and erroneous conclusion.we are verily brahman.

naci naga.

Dear RVR anna,

Stanza 55 and 56 are explaining or rather describing the Nature of The State called Brahman.
I know Brahman cannot be described but here Dattatreya is describing the state of beyond all Dualities..

This brief expalnation says it all....

Brahmanandam, Parama Sukhadam, Kevalam Jnanamurtim, Dwandwateetam, Gagana Sadrisham, Tattwamasyadi Lakshyam, Ekam, Nityam, Vimalam, Achalam, Sarvadhee Sakshibhutam, Bhavateetam, Trigunarahitam (Man is the embodiment of divine bliss, wisdom absolute, beyond the pair of opposites, expansive and pervasive like the sky, the goal indicated by the aphorism (mahavakya) "You are That (thath twam asi)", one without a second, eternal, pure, unchanging, witness of all functions of the intellect, beyond all mental conditions and the three attributes of purity(sathwa), restlessness (rajas) and dullness (thamas).

Taken from Sathya Sai Baba's discourse 15 Dec 2007:Love is God,Live In Love

Stanza 57

In the Atman there is neither knowledge nor ignorance nor the combination of the two.He who always has this knowledge becomes knowledge Itself and nothing else.

This knowledge--- That is the knowledge of the Self.
"The Knower of Brahman becomes Brahman" Mundaka Upanishad.

Stanza 58

Self knowledge does not depend upon reasoning or the practice of meditation or the instruction of a guru or anything in space and time.I am by nature that absolute Knowledge,the Reality which is innate,eternal and boundless as space.

Stanza 59

I was never born and I will never die.Neither do I perform any action---good or bad.I am that pure,attributeless Brahman.How can there be bondage or liberation for me.

Stanza 60

When Brahman is omnipresent, luminous,motionless,full and continous,I do not see any diversity.How can It be inside outside?

Stanza 59

I was never born and I will never die.Neither do I perform any action---good or bad.I am that pure,attributeless Brahman.How can there be bondage or liberation for me.

Stanza 60

When Brahman is omnipresent, luminous,motionless,full and continous,I do not see any diversity.How can It be inside outside?

Dear sister renu, stanzas 59 and 60 contradict each other, if I may be so bold as to say so, how can an "attributeless" brahman be luminous, omnipresent, full, and continuous, all of which are attributes.

Please don't get mad at me, I need to keep all the friends I can get these days :)

-- anna

Dear sister renu, stanzas 59 and 60 contradict each other, if I may be so bold as to say so, how can an "attributeless" brahman be luminous, omnipresent, full, and continuous, all of which are attributes.

Please don't get mad at me, I need to keep all the friends I can get these days :)

-- anna

Dearest Nara anna,

You know when I was typing the stanza I thought of the same thing also...But i guess Dattatreya was speaking about Nirguna Brahman in Stanza 59 and Saguna Brahman in Stanza 60...

Dear anna, How can I ever get mad with you?
Have I ever got mad with you ever before...

I am going to qoute and modify stanza 60 now...

"I do not see any diversity....How can I even get mad with anyone? for You and I are verily One and the same....."

your loving sister:kiss:
renu

Last edited:
Stanza 61

The whole universe appears to me as an indivisible,uninterrupted entity.Ah,what a terrible delusion maya has created the distinction between duality and non duality.

Stanza 62

The object either with form or without form is always negated by saying "Not this,Not this"
Only the Supreme Beautitude which is free from difference and sameness exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back