• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Atman and its adjectives

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what ....whenever i think of the Mandukya upanishad..I myself think of that mundaka mandaka word only and always smile to myself...
I thought I was the only one who thought that way...
I did not know you share the same craziness like me...
Nachi..You rock man..

between craziness and genuis lies a hairline breadth only renu

You know people should be more like you..
I have noticed many people when the thread the path of spirituality..they tend to forget to have fun..
They take life too seriously..

each one of us are unique,when pure love is the foundation of life
Nachi I will tell you something..

Once in 2006..It was raining heavily and I was sitting at my clinic window and watching it..I recalled when I was student in Manipal..I used to play in the rain..whenever i felt like it..

I wished i could just go out and play in the rain but since i am a doctor now..I was a bit afraid that the public here might get the wrong opinion about me ...so i just made a small wish"Dear God..when will I be able to play in the rain again"
When I had gone to Puttaparthi in 2006 with my son(6 years old at that time)...
Varun(my son) had gone into one of the small gardens in the ashram ...i ran after him and at that time all the water sprinklers at the garden started working to water the grass..
It was water all over us..like rain...
Then i remembered my wish and I felt Baba had answered my wish as this was like rain too...
Here no one knew I was a doctor..so i could be free...
I played to my hearts content with my son..I was soaked head to toe...
You should have seen the looks on the face of the indian woman there...
The westerners were Ok...one Italian guy even joined in with his son..
and it was fun...
See God really answers even the smallest prayers...
OM SAI RAM

i am reminded of a miracle,when i read this,while in my student days,i fell in love with a girl,i did not express my love to her,becoz,i felt what right have i got to express my love,when i cannot stand on my own legs and take care of her,i should have the income generated for me to take of her,but was forlorn and depressed,sitting on the beach of valmiki nagar,suddenly lo,a shower was raining around a few diameters of my sitting place on a bright sunny evening,i was so zapped by the miracle of the lord,tears of joy overwhelmed me..and i was jubiliant self again...lord works in mysterious ways,the only person who believed me was Gowri amma chandrakasan...immdly i hugged within my heart and her heart was shining..such noble athmas are rare like a dodo bird....swami rocks :)

sai ram

between craziness and genuis lies a hairline breadth only renu

each one of us are unique,when pure love is the foundation of life

i am reminded of a miracle,when i read this,while in my student days,i fell in love with a girl,i did not express my love to her,becoz,i felt what right have i got to express my love,when i cannot stand on my own legs and take care of her,i should have the income generated for me to take of her,but was forlorn and depressed,sitting on the beach of valmiki nagar,suddenly lo,a shower was raining around a few diameters of my sitting place on a bright sunny evening,i was so zapped by the miracle of the lord,tears of joy overwhelmed me..and i was jubiliant self again...lord works in mysterious ways,the only person who believed me was Gowri amma chandrakasan...immdly i hugged within my heart and her heart was shining..such noble athmas are rare like a dodo bird....swami rocks :)

sai ram
hi nachi naga sir,
same thing happen to me in santhome beach...but still i go to valmiki nagar which is close to my home.....i like valmiki nagar beach very much....now i have home near thiruvanmiyur beach road...
i got many philosophical life lessons from sea....still i fell the same
which happened to me about 25 years ago.....still in my memory...

regards
tbs

hi nachi naga sir,
same thing happen to me in santhome beach...but still i go to valmiki nagar which is close to my home.....i like valmiki nagar beach very much....now i have home near thiruvanmiyur beach road...
i got many philosophical life lessons from sea....still i fell the same
which happened to me about 25 years ago.....still in my memory...

regards
tbs

sea reminds me of lord nara-ayana,from where all species originally originated on earth or bhu-lokam.deep inside the ocean bed is the molten lava bubbling for the bhu-shakthi of warmth for human's to survive even today.

I really admire the "Gundaka Mandaka" statements of Sri. Nachinaga and Dr. Renuka, in the context of Mandukya Upanishad.Perhaps keeping them only in view, the very invocation sloka starting with
" Bhadramkarnebihi srunuyama deva----
Sthirairangaistustuvamsastanubhi--" mentions specifically STIRAIRANGAIH,may our limbs be steady. This implies both the body and mind. If we are sick or in pain, we cannot concentrate. Similarly, if there is something worrying, then also we are distracted. Both the body and mind should be steady and under control, as long as the Gods decree our lives; a practical impossibility, praying for a Gundaka mandaka.

On Gaudapada's Karika on this Upanishad, some scholars feel and say that it has nothing to do with Mandukya Upanishad as such and is an independent treatise. The debate is still continuing. Again another Gundaka Mandaka on the Karika.

Mandukya Upanishad's uniqueness is that its message is not through an elaborate statement or story but through a simple symbol AUM, called Sabdabrahman, again another Gundaka Mandaka.
By a simple humour , you have pointed out a great TRUTH. Congrats.
Regards and Respects,
Ramanathan.

ramanathan sir

i always found humor a great medicine even while teaching,i especially am a huge fan of vadivelu sir.

Dear all...

I am putting 2 questions here brought up in the Taittiriyopanishad I am currently reading.

I want a good feedback and opinions here if possible...here goes...

Does anyone who has not known Brahman attain It after having departed from this world?

Does anyone having known Brahman attain It after having departed from this world?

There are no answers given in the book and its open for debate based on what has been taught in the book..

Ok..I will give my opinion here and I hope others will give their opinions too

My answer to the 1st Q is No...because if one has not known Brahman..it still denotes avidya(ignorance) and still enshrouded by Maya..hence he does not know Brahman...

My answer to the 2nd Q is also No...but hang on..I am saying No because if someone knows Brahman..he does not have to attain It..as the knower of Brahman is verily Brahman Himself..so what is there to attain ?
When Thou Art That( Tat Tvam Asi)

when we attain something its like an new addition to us..so it still denotes a seperate existence..Hence does not tally with Tat Tvam Asi..(from the Advaitic point of view)

Well..if I want to argue from the Vishistadvatic point of view..then my answer to the 2nd Q is Yes..

I can say that one who knows Brahman attains It after departing since Vishistadvaitist still believe in the subtle seperate existence of Jeevaatma and Paramaatma though they are essentially one and the same...the anology i can choose is the ;

Two little birds sitting on the tree
One eats fruits but the Other just sees
One knows all but the other doesnt know
Theres only One though two are in a row...

Feedback please...

Last edited:
Dear Dr. Renuka,
I think you are referring to the second Prasna, Anandavalli, of the Taittreya Upanishad. If so, the answer is contained therein. If you are not convinced, I shall come back with a more dtailed note later.

Regards and Respects,
Ramanathan.

Dear Dr. Renuka,
Did you go through Anandavalli Prasna of Tai treya Upanishad to find answer to your question above?
Regards and Respects,
Ramanathan.

ஆகாசமும், ஆத்மாவும்.

ஆகாசம் பரவியுள்ளது அண்டங்களிலெல்லாம்!
ஆத்மா விரவியுள்ளது உடல்களிலெல்லாம்!

உடலின் உள்ளேயும் உள்ளது ஒரு ஆகாசம்!
உடலில் உள்ளது அற்புத சிதாகாசம் ஆகும்!

ஆகாசமும், ஆத்மாவும் ஒப்பானவை;
ஆராய்ந்து பார்த்திட்டால் அற்புதமே!

எங்கும் நிறைந்தவை இவை இரண்டுமே;
என்றும் இருப்பவை இவை இரண்டுமே.

என்றும் அழியாதவை இவை இரண்டுமே;
என்றும் மாறாதவை இவை இரண்டுமே.

நிர்மலமானவை இவை இரண்டுமே;
நிறங்கள் இல்லாதவை இவை இரண்டுமே;

எதிலும் ஒட்டாதவை இவை இரண்டுமே;
எதுவும் ஒட்டாது இவை இரண்டிலுமே.

புறமும், அகமும் எல்லாவற்றிலும்,
நிறைந்திருப்பவை இவை இரண்டுமே.

நுண்ணியவை இவை இரண்டுமே;
நுகர முடியதவை இவை இரண்டுமே.

பார்க்க, கேட்க, முகர, எடுக்க,
சுவைக்க முடியாது இரண்டையுமே.

ஆகாசம் இன்றி அண்டங்களே இல்லை;
ஆத்மா இன்றி உயிரினங்களே இல்லை.

வாழ்க வளமுடன்,
விசாலாக்ஷி ரமணி.

நான்கு நிலைகள்!

“உறங்குவது போலும் சாக்காடு”, நாம் அறிவோம்.
உறங்கும் போது, நாம் ஆன்மாவில் ஒடுங்குவோம்.
இடம், பொருள், ஏவல், காலம் எல்லாமே,
இடமில்லாது அப்போது மறைந்து போகுமே!

கனவுலகு புகுந்ததும், நாம் கடவுள் ஆகின்றோம்!
நினைத்தைப் படைக்கும், திறன் அடைகின்றோம்!
“வானம்!”, என்றவுடன் நீல வானம் வந்திடும்!
“வனம்!” என்றவுடன் பச்சை வனம் உருவாகிடும்!

ஆதவன், சந்திரன், தாரகைகள் எல்லாம்,
பேதமில்லாமல் ஓடி வரும், அழைத்ததும்!
எந்தப் பொருளும், இடமும், காலமும்,
எந்த விலங்கும், மனிதனும், பறவையும்,

நினைத்த நொடியில் உருவாகிடுவர்;
நினைத்த போது மறைந்து செல்லுவர்!
நினைத்த படியே பேசிப் பழகுவர்;
நினைத்த செயல்களையே புரிவர்.

நம் சின்ன அறிவும், சிறிய அனுபவமும்,
நம் சின்னத் திறனும், சிறிய சக்தியும்,
சொன்னபடி உருவாகும் ஒரு பெரும்
மன்னுலகம்; ஒரு பெரும் மாய உலகம்!

கண்களை விழித்தால், காணவே காணோம்,
கற்பனையில் உருவான அந்த மாய உலகம்!
கனவைத் தாண்டினால், கனவு பொய் ஆகும்.
நனவு நிலையில், கனவுகள் பொய் ஆகும்.

நனவைத் தாண்டினால்… என்ன ஆகும்?
நனவைத் தாண்டினால், நனவும் பொய் ஆகும்!
நிறைந்த அறிவும், அளவில்லா அனுபவமும்,
குறைவில்லாத் திறனும், குவிந்த ஞானமும்,

செறிந்த அந்த உயரிய இறைவனின்,
சிறந்த கற்பனையே நம் நனவுலகம்!
கனவுலகு நம் கற்பனையின் படைப்பு,
நனவுலகு அவன் கற்பனையின் படைப்பு !

கனவைத் தாண்டினால், கனவு மறைவதுபோல்,
நனவைத் தாண்டினால், இவ்வுலகே மறையும்!
எங்கும் நிறைந்த இறைவனே இருப்பான்.
எல்லாப் பொருட்களும் அவனாக இருக்கும்!

நாம, ரூப, பேதம் இன்றி எல்லாம் அவனே.
நாம் காண்பதெல்லாம் எங்கும் பிரம்மமே.
இந்த அற்புத நிலையே துரியம் ஆகும்.
இந்த நிலை அடைந்தால் துயரம் போகும்!

உறக்கம், கனவு, நனவு, உறக்கம் என்றே,
கிறங்குகின்றோம் நாம் வாழ் நாளெல்லாம்;
உறக்கத்தையும், கனவையும் கடப்பது போல் ,
நனவையும் கடந்து, துரியத்தை அடைந்தால் ….

இல்லை பயங்கள் , இல்லை பாவங்கள் ,
இல்லை மொழிகள், இல்லை செயல்கள் ,
இல்லை பேதங்கள், இல்லை தொல்லைகள்
இன்பமே எங்குமே ! இன்பமே என்றுமே !

வாழ்க வளமுடன்,
விசாலாக்ஷி ரமணி.

Cancel reply

காயமும், வெங்காயமும்!

உரிக்கும் போது உள்ளே ஒரு ரகசியம்
உள்ளது போலத் தோன்றும்; ஆனால்
உரித்த பின் நம் முகத்தில் வழியும்,
ஊர் முழுகிவிடும் அளவுக்கு அசடு!

வெங்காயமும் நம் காயமும் பல வித
வேறுபாடுகள் கொண்டவை அல்ல!
ஒற்றுமைகளே மிக அதிகம் அன்றி
வேற்றுமைகள் அல்ல என அறிவீர்!

ஒன்றாய் மறைந்து நிற்கும் நம் ஆத்மா;
இரண்டாய் இருக்கும் அறிவும், மனதும்;
மூன்றாய் இருக்கும் நமது சரீரங்கள்;
பௌதிக, காரண, சூக்ஷ்ம சரீரங்கள்!

ஐந்தாய் இருக்கும் பஞ்ச பிராணன்கள்;
ஆறு ஆக இருக்கும் அறிவுத் திறன்கள்;
ஏழு ஆக இருக்கும் சப்த தாதுக்கள்;
ரத்தம், மஜ்ஜை, மாமிசம் முதலியன.

பத்து ஆக இருக்கும் இந்த்ரியங்கள்;
கால், கை, வாய், மல ஜல துவாரங்கள்,
கண், நாசி, நாவு, செவி, தோல் எனவும்
கர்ம, ஞான இந்த்ரியங்கள் விளங்கும்.

“இது அல்ல, இதுஅல்ல” என்று கூறியபடி,
இவற்றை ஒன்று ஒன்றாக விலக்கினால்;
உரித்த வெங்காயத்தில் உள்ள உண்மைபோல்
உள்ளே ஒளிந்திருக்கும் ஆத்மா வெளிப்படும்!

ஆத்மாவும், ஜடமும் கலந்த காயத்தை,
அன்னப் பறவை போலப் பிரிக்கக் கற்று,
ஆத்மாவை நன்றாக உணர்ந்திடுவோம்;
ஜடத்தை மொத்தமாக விலக்கிடுவோம்.

வாழ்க வளமுடன்,
விசாலாக்ஷி ரமணி.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back