• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Aryan invasion confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear all,

I also happened to see a Tamil movie yesterday some 80's movie where there was this so called comedy scene where the comedian there kicks a Brahmin priest who was praying to God at the river side to cure his backpain and after the kick his back pain goes away and the priest then comes with a group of brahmin priests and reciting
Om Sahana Vavatu Sahanau Bhunaktu mantra..garlands the comedian and tells him that you are the new Avatara Purusha who cured my back and now please kick this other brahmin here too with a stiff back..

You know my husband and I thought it was a joke which was in bad taste and very very disrespectful to a Priest.I am not being pro Brahmin here but a priest is a religous leader and he needs to be potrayed with some respect.

Have any one seen in any tamil movie where a Christian or Muslim religous leader treated like this?

A Christian father will be portrayed as all forgiving and all loving and even if he is killed by some vilians he will be uttering these dying words..."Oh Jesus..Forgive this child" and he will get enough time to make some holy gestures and die.

A Muslim leader will be portrayed as some Hindi speaking South Indian who is also very loving and caring and will censure anyone being bad as Shyaitan Ki Bacche and instilling justice to all.

All double standards the film industry has..why no one dare make a movie on the alleged sexual abuse in the Churches?

Movies are just business; they will provide scenes and screen play according to the demand in the marketplace!

There are very many deep pocketed - filthy rich - religious people like Yogi Ramdev who can make movies to suit the sensitivities of the religious Hindus (and bad mouth about other religions) if they want to!!!

Movies are just business; they will provide scenes and screen play according to the demand in the marketplace!

There are very many deep pocketed - filthy rich - religious people like Yogi Ramdev who can make movies to suit the sensitivities of the religious Hindus (and bad mouth about other religions) if they want to!!!

Dear LOLa,

A true Hindu will never ever run down any religion..so no one will make such a movie and please spare Baba Ramdev....its not fair to drag him in here.

Dear LOLa,

A true Hindu will never ever run down any religion..so no one will make such a movie and please spare Baba Ramdev....its not fair to drag him in here.

Then why did he abuse the license to do Yoga Lessons at the Ramlila Ground to practice his political agenda? Does this mean he is less of a religious leader and more of a RSS/VHP activist?

Just simple questions! lol

ps. You seem to be very naive to think "a true Hindu will never ever run down any religion"! Talk to Swami Assemanandha! Google or bing it..lol

Last edited:
Dear Krishnamurthy Ji,

Please dont consider yourself ignorant.You are one of the finest gentlemen here with prefect understanding of life and God and thats what true knowledge is all about.

Please dont measure yourself in the worldly scale.

A Vidwan may have read books but he may not have gained knowledge or wisdom.

Respected members,

The strange phenomenon I find here is that though many members have expressed their indignation about Shri Yamaka deriding the upanishadic verse, the SM and owner of the forum are not moved into action :) I have been observing this Rip Van Winklian ruse since I have been reading what happens here for quite some months.

If this forum has such a shameless administration that it will pounce upon some Hindu-sounding names like Nara or HappyHindu and the SM will openly declare "[FONT=&quot]As you have rightly said, I have the power to throw you out. Please think a bit on this, why I have not done so, when I constantly get PMs from a lot of Forum members here who routinely ask why we are entertaining folks like you, who do not respect our identity as a Brahmin, on the cultural basis?[/FONT]", and some of those poor members get out- at least very temporarily - but the very same SM or owner are afraid to reign in a fancy sounding Yamaka ! Probably they have no shame left in them ;)

I personally feel it is a shame for any honest hindu, let alone brahmins or Tamil brahmins to continue participating in such an anti-hindu forum.

Then why did he abuse the license to do Yoga Lessons at the Ramlila Ground to practice his political agenda? Does this mean he is less of a religious leader and more of a RSS/VHP activist?

Just simple questions! lol

ps. You seem to be very naive to think "a true Hindu will never ever run down any religion"! Talk to Swami Assemanandha! Google or bing it..lol

Dear Yamaka,

Baba Ramdev didnt abuse the license to do Yoga.

Yoga means to Yoke/Unite and he was uniting his Thoughts,Words and Deeds here.

Yoga is not all about Asanas only Yamaka ji.

Ashtanga yoga consists of the following limbs:

Yama,Niyama,Asana,Pranayama,Pratyhara,Dharana,Dhyana & Samadhi.

Many think Yoga is only Asanas..LOL!!!!

I dont need to bing or google any Swami for now..Swami Yamakananda is good enough!!LOL

Last edited:
Respected members,

The strange phenomenon I find here is that though many members have expressed their indignation about Shri Yamaka deriding the upanishadic verse, the SM and owner of the forum are not moved into action :) I have been observing this Rip Van Winklian ruse since I have been reading what happens here for quite some months.

If this forum has such a shameless administration that it will pounce upon some Hindu-sounding names like Nara or HappyHindu and the SM will openly declare "[FONT=&quot]As you have rightly said, I have the power to throw you out. Please think a bit on this, why I have not done so, when I constantly get PMs from a lot of Forum members here who routinely ask why we are entertaining folks like you, who do not respect our identity as a Brahmin, on the cultural basis?[/FONT]", and some of those poor members get out- at least very temporarily - but the very same SM or owner are afraid to reign in a fancy sounding Yamaka ! Probably they have no shame left in them ;)

I personally feel it is a shame for any honest hindu, let alone brahmins or Tamil brahmins to continue participating in such an anti-hindu forum.

Be an open minded person - then all your ills will be cured!

Is "Yamaka" a fancy sounding name?

Have fun, Dear Sarma-61!

ps. Mr. Nara is actively posting; and Ms. Happyhindu may be on vacation! Where's the problem?

Last edited:
Dear Yamaka,

Baba Ramdev didnt abuse the license to do Yoga.

Yoga means to Yoke/Unite and he was uniting his Thoughts,Words and Deeds here.

Yoga is not all about Asanas only Yamaka ji.

Ashtanga yoga consists of the following limbs:

Yama,Niyama,Asana,Pranayama,Pratyhara,Dharana,Dhyana & Samadhi.

Many think Yoga is only Asanas..LOL!!!!

I dont need to bing or google any Swami for now..Swami Yamakananda is good enough!!LOL

Don't you think going on Hunger Strike against Black Money (a political hot potatoe) at the Ramlila Ground is an abuse of the license, which was meant for "Yama, Niyama, Asana etc etc..."?

Be fair, please!

That Tent at the Ground was built to have about 5000 people for Yoga; but by his Hunger Strike he planned to attract 50,000 people, a serious hazard for public safety!

Hi Renuka, I like that name Yamakananda! Please drop that Swami crap, please! That's not for FEARLESS people like Yama!! lol

Don't you think going on Hunger Strike against Black Money (a political hot potatoe) at the Ramlila Ground is an abuse of the license, which was meant for "Yama, Niyama, Asana etc etc..."?

Be fair, please!

That Tent at the Ground was built to have about 5000 people for Yoga; but by his Hunger Strike he planned to attract 50,000 people, a serious hazard for public safety!

Hi Renuka, I like that name Yamakananda! Please drop that Swami crap, please! That's not for FEARLESS people like Yama!! lol

Yamakananda Ji,

Ok now I am using your own words: Be an open minded person - then all your ills will be cured!

Be an open minded person - then all your ills will be cured!

Is "Yamaka" a fancy sounding name?

Have fun, Dear Sarma-61!

ps. Mr. Nara is actively posting; and Ms. Happyhindu may be on vacation! Where's the problem?

"yamaka" will mean at least in ordinary Malayalam parlance (which has Sanskrit as its root source) "one who makes yama/s" and since yama is the god of death, yamaka will be someone who makes "gods of death"! In contemporary world HBO may be the most visible Yamaka but a "bomb-maker" can also be, figuratively, described as a Yamaka; hence it looks fancy-sounding, to me at least.

Respected members,

Sri Sarma-ji -

There are many elements in such an open forum constantly displaying ignorance, insensitivity and lack of integrity (by hiding their true agenda). With lots of messages per day being posted I am not sure if the moderators can stay on top of what is going on unless they receive a PM. Being too busy in my personal life I was surprised at the number of posts in this thread. I have not read all of them and probably will not.

When I do come across any post that displays ignorance and arrogance, I am reminded of a very apt saying "கழுதைக்கு தெரியுமா கற்பூர வாசனை ?" and all I can do is laugh when I think about this saying. It makes me not spend any emotional energy on the situation . By quoting this I am not calling anyone கழுதை. Besides it is an animal that is useful and loyal :)

Regards

Last edited:
"yamaka" will mean at least in ordinary Malayalam parlance (which has Sanskrit as its root source) "one who makes yama/s" and since yama is the god of death, yamaka will be someone who makes "gods of death"! In contemporary world HBO may be the most visible Yamaka but a "bomb-maker" can also be, figuratively, described as a Yamaka; hence it looks fancy-sounding, to me at least.

Hello Sarma:

You are a very interesting person - you say Yamaka is a "bomb-maker" or Yama, the Killer, therefore fancy-sounding!

Hilarious; your best friend Renukaji has given me a new name "Yamakananda" which sounds Hinduish, perhaps I should own it!
Lol.

Dear Thiru.Yamaha,
I refer your post no 121 to Shri.Raghy.If you are honest and sincere to know about history
of Ramayan,I suggest you to get in touch with Dr.Bhudia,Kutch Science Foundation.
You may send a mail to <[email protected]
>I do not anything about
either Dr.Bhudia or about kutchscience foundation.I came to know about them only through
internet.

Sri Sarma-ji -

There are many elements in such an open forum constantly displaying ignorance, insensitivity and lack of integrity (by hiding their true agenda). With lots of messages per day being posted I am not sure if the moderators can stay on top of what is going on unless they receive a PM. Being too busy in my personal life I was surprised at the number of posts in this thread. I have not read all of them and probably will not.

When I do come across any post that displays ignorance and arrogance, I am reminded of a very apt saying "கழுதைக்கு தெரியுமா கற்பூர வாசனை ?" and all I can do is laugh when I think about this saying. It makes me not spend any emotional energy on the situation . By quoting this I am not calling anyone கழுதை. Besides it is an animal that is useful and loyal :)

Regards

Sir,

That was why I addressed my post to both the SM and owner. If they do not come to know even about a post addressed to them, it only shows the sorry state of affairs here. I therefore will agree with Shri Subbudu sir here

Consider this a final warning. any more direct attacks against any moderator/admin will not be tolerated and your account will be suspended immediately. - Praveen

Last edited by a moderator:
"When I do come across any post that displays ignorance and arrogance, I am reminded of a very apt saying "கழுதைக்கு தெரியுமா கற்பூர வாசனை ?" and all I can do is laugh when I think about this saying. It makes me not spend any emotional energy on the situation . By quoting this I am not calling anyone கழுதை. Besides it is an animal that is useful and loyal :)"

Here's an example of an empty and pompous primal cry of a High Priest, who asserts to be the embodiment of knowledge, wisdom and laws of piety! Because he has read Vedas and practices the Scriptures!

Zoologically speaking, human beings (Homo sapiens) are animals like a donkey or a horse. By bringing a donkey here, this High Priest again wants to assert that he is superior to donkeys!

Interestingly, there is so much of hypocrisy, double talk and dishonesty all hidden in each and every sentence here!

My agenda, if any, is to expose this and tell the Emperor, "You have no cloths, Sir".

Dear Thiru.Yamaha,
I refer your post no 121 to Shri.Raghy.If you are honest and sincere to know about history
of Ramayan,I suggest you to get in touch with Dr.Bhudia,Kutch Science Foundation.
You may send a mail to <[email protected]
>I do not anything about
either Dr.Bhudia or about kutchscience foundation.I came to know about them only through
internet.

Dear Krish Sir:

About Ramayan, I have talked to academics in the Dept of Literature and History in research oriented large Universities... their belief is it is a Hindu Mythology written by Adi Poet Valmiki, perhaps for the sole purpose of spreading Lord Rama worship in all over India. There is some historical evidence that Lord Shiva worship has been there at the time of Indus Valley Civilization.. My presumption is, Valmiki wanted to introduce Lord Rama to Indians through his Epic Ramayana around the time of Jesus Christ.

Of all the posts, I see only Mr. Raghy who helped me to understand the real meaning of that Sanskrit verse (post # 111).. May be he knows the contents of the entire page. Because, just by reading those lines, such interpretation is not possible for me.

Thanks.

Regards

Y

Last edited:
Folks:

Since my Original Comment (post #106) has created so much pain to lots of people (as per Mr. B. Krishnamurthy's response) I have removed it.

Peace..

Y

Last edited:
sarma-61,

Yes, the moderators and the admins cannot simply ignore everything else and read all that is being posted here. While we try to read all that has been posted, we do miss many threads. That is why there is a "Report Post" option under each thread. That way if you feel something is amiss, you can report it to them so that it is attended to rightaway.

As it has been said before, you need to have an open mind to discuss sensitive things. If you do not have an open mind with regards to discussions happening here, then yes in your eyes this becomes an anti-hindu forum and i dont blame you for that view.

Consider this a final warning. any more direct attacks against any moderator/admin will not be tolerated and your account will be suspended immediately.

If you do not like it, please leave.
If you think we are xyz and abc, so be it. We do not aim to please all and we simply cannot please all. We are doing what we think is the correct thing to do. If you do not agree with it, its ok.And yes, the moderators and admins do not have to answer any thing even if you decide to call us out. We will answer wherever required and where we think it is not required, we will remain silent.

Last edited:
....All double standards the film industry has..why no one dare make a movie on the alleged sexual abuse in the Churches?
Renu, your complaint about Tamil movie industry is very similar to the complaints from evangelical Christians in the U.S. about Hollywood in particular and media in general. Many years ago, probably you were still in school, there was a controversial art exhibit in NY -- it was a Christian Cross immersed in a bottle of urine. More recently, there was an exhibit with Jesus in cross with ants crawling all over his body. These were well received by the art world as provocative and political art, but was seen as frontal attack on Christians by the religious.

What I am trying to get at is this, it is the mainstream religion of the nation that will get picked on by the artists, not the minority religion.

Be that as it may, what I find atrocious and obnoxious is the casual way in which men are shown to beat women in Tamil movies and TV shows. I happen to catch the last part of a silly movie couple of days back on TV. It was about an ATM thief, his girlfriend and a common friend who was hired by the bank to investigate the crime.

The plot is unimportant, but this common friend feels he had been lied to and he comes charging in and gives the girl one big whack right across her face. Even though the girl was shown as well educated and suave, she meekly takes it. As she is shown on the floor one could clearly make out red stripes on her cheek caused by the whacking she got. Very realistic and very disgusting.

Is this art reflecting reality? If so, at the very least there must be a caption to the effect பெண்களை அடிப்பது கீழ்மை -- like they have captions about drinking and smoking. Making jokes about Brahmins, Chettiyars, village folks, these may come across to some as crass or even disrespectful, but to show men beating women is downright immoral and harmful to both men and women, IMO.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Renu, your complaint about Tamil movie industry is very similar to the complaints from evangelical Christians in the U.S. about Hollywood in particular and media in general. Many years ago, probably you were still in school, there was a controversial art exhibit in NY -- it was a Christian Cross immersed in a bottle of urine. More recently, there was an exhibit with Jesus in cross with ants crawling all over his body. These were well received by the art world as provocative and political art, but was seen as frontal attack on Christians by the religious.

What I am trying to get at is this, it is the mainstream religion of the nation that will get picked on by the artists, not the minority religion.

Be that as it may, what I find atrocious and obnoxious is the casual way in which men are shown to beat women in Tamil movies and TV shows. I happen to catch the last part of a silly movie couple of days back on TV. It was about an ATM thief, his girl friend and a common friend who was hired by the bank to investigate the crime.

The plot is unimportant, but this common friends feels he had been lied to and he comes charging in and gives the girl one big whack right across her face. Even the though the girl was shown as well educated and suave, she meekly takes it. As she is shown on the floor one could clearly make out red stripes on her cheek caused by the whacking she got. Very realistic and very disgusting.

Is this art reflecting reality? If so, at the very least there must be a caption to the effect பெண்களை அடிப்பது கீழ்மை -- like they have captions about drinking and smoking. Making jokes about Brahmins, Chettiyars, village folks, these may come across to some as crass or even disrespectful, but to show men beating women is downright immoral and harmful to both men and women, IMO.

Cheers!

Nara anna,

see men are portrayed as beating up woman becos very few woman dare hit a man back.
I still remember when i was 17 years old and my younger bro was 15 and in school i saw a 17 year old guy beat my bro up and i caught that guy with his tie,slapped him and pushed him in the drain.

No one dare touch my bro after that.. my teacher didnt tell me anything becos they had a soft corner for me since i was a good student and often won medals for all state level sports and debates..so school was glad i stopped that bully.

thats all..men will get scared if woman react and i will still not hesitate if anyone raises hand on me.

renu

nara,

this has always bothered me. in many bolly kolly movie there has to be a scene where the woman is slapped. i wonder why the censors dont say anything about this!

even a supposedly sophisticated movie like parineeta has a slapping scene.

After acting in a nursing role, I think Vidya Balan should act as a teacher in a film. That way she will get to slap a couple of the boys in return for Parineeta.

Now for the flip side of the argument, how come only boys are usually subject to physical punishment while the girls go scot-free? I personally disagree with corporal punishment, but shouldn't we have equal treatment there as well?

After acting in a nursing role, I think Vidya Balan should act as a teacher in a film. That way she will get to slap a couple of the boys in return for Parineeta.

Now for the flip side of the argument, how come only boys are usually subject to physical punishment while the girls go scot-free? I personally disagree with corporal punishment, but shouldn't we have equal treatment there as well?

I agree with you here..I have noted even in my sons school..the girls get away with anything and poor boys get all the blame.

I feel if we want gender equality both male and females should get the same punishment.

A female cant say she wants to be equal but shy away from any physical punishment citing that they are the weaker sex..thats just double standards.

A females pain tolerance is much higher to a male from what I believe so there are no excuses.

I dont know about India but out here woman do get capital punishment(hanging till death) for offences like murder and drug trafficking..so that way its fair.

Last edited:
sarma-61,

Yes, the moderators and the admins cannot simply ignore everything else and read all that is being posted here. While we try to read all that has been posted, we do miss many threads. That is why there is a "Report Post" option under each thread. That way if you feel something is amiss, you can report it to them so that it is attended to rightaway.

As it has been said before, you need to have an open mind to discuss sensitive things. If you do not have an open mind with regards to discussions happening here, then yes in your eyes this becomes an anti-hindu forum and i dont blame you for that view.

Consider this a final warning. any more direct attacks against any moderator/admin will not be tolerated and your account will be suspended immediately.

If you do not like it, please leave.
If you think we are xyz and abc, so be it. We do not aim to please all and we simply cannot please all. We are doing what we think is the correct thing to do. If you do not agree with it, its ok.And yes, the moderators and admins do not have to answer any thing even if you decide to call us out. We will answer wherever required and where we think it is not required, we will remain silent.

If moderator is advising someone here..why others are clicking "Like" for this?

Poor thing for Sarma..how will he feel?

If our brother gets scolding from father even if brother was wrong still we feel for him.

If moderator is advising someone here..why others are clicking "Like" for this?

Poor thing for Sarma..how will he feel?

If our brother gets scolding from father even if brother was wrong still we feel for him.

Hello Brahin:

I liked Praveen's comments because I always felt that Mr. Sarma should not have scolded the moderator/admin /the owner the way he did. I asked him to clarify the issue, but not scold them!

Here I don't consider Praveen as the father; he is the owner of this site - nothing more, nothing less.

Mr. Sarma can and must pick up fights with me - the Original Sinner! Not Praveen or the SM.

By the way, I asked my wife to translate that verse and asked whether Mr. Raghy's interpretation is correct - she said "No, I don't know Sanskrit. I don't think Mr. Raghy is right either - it's too much of a stretch - it looked as though he wanted that verse to convey that meaning to HIM".."This issue has been our Achilles' heel; we Brahmins love the Sanskrit scriptures, but absolutely no idea what exactly they mean, sorry.."

She also condemned me, " You just touched the raw nerve, unknowingly!"

Cheers.

Regards

Y

Hello Brahin:

I liked Praveen's comments because I always felt that Mr. Sarma should not have scolded the moderator/admin /the owner the way he did. I asked him to clarify the issue, but not scold them!

Here I don't consider Praveen as the father; he is the owner of this site - nothing more, nothing less.

Mr. Sarma can and must pick up fights with me - the Original Sinner! Not Praveen or the SM.

By the way, I asked my wife to translate that verse and asked whether Mr. Raghy's interpretation is correct - she said "No, I don't know Sanskrit. I don't think Mr. Raghy is right either - it's too much of a stretch - it looked as though he wanted that verse to convey that meaning to HIM".."This issue has been our Achilles' heel; we Brahmins love the Sanskrit scriptures, but absolutely no idea what exactly they mean, sorry.."

She also condemned me, " You just touched the raw nerve, unknowingly!"

Cheers.

Regards

Y

Arigato Yamaka,

I really don't know when your wife said she doesn't know..how she knows that Raghy also doesn't know? If you know, you tell me so I will know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back