• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Are we getting extinct? What is the contribution of movies towards that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok get it, that means in South India only Brahmins would be eligible for Brahmajnaana cos for all practical purposes according to some historians all Kshatriyas and Vaisyas of South India are former elevated Sudras..so that leaves practically hardly anyone left for Brahma Jnaana in South India since Brahmins make up a lesser percentage.

That means places like Vaikuntha must be really empty I guess.

(You know I love telling everyone this historical fact about the elevated Sudra thing to friends and relatives and they get mad saying "what do you mean"?heheheh and I tell them "ya its true thats what some historians say"..some get so angry, but its no big deal actually..I view everyone as humans,so far all my post mortem findings havent discovered major variants)

Sarmaji BTW how come Sringeri Mutt was not aware of the fact you wrote and still admitted a Non Dvija recently?

P.S I dont find anything in your post that needs the intervention of a Moderator.
You have not insulted anyone or insulted any community in anway.
Thanks for reply
renu

I do not know whether the kshatriyas and vaisyas of South India are all sudras who were "elevated" at one time or another. Even if it be so, my own feeling is that when the dvija practices, AcArams and conventions are practised continuously for many generations, perhaps they will be also eligible to strive for and acquire brahmajnAnam.

VaikunTham need not necessarily be empty or full; here you are mixing up A and VA, I think, since, for the advaitin it is not VaikuNTham or SivalOkam or anything else but "jeevanmukti" (acquiring brahmajnAnam even during this life), which has been promised. After death, the jeevAtma merges into the Supreme brahman for such people. Empty vaikuNTham will depend upon whether VA and Dwaitam are true or false; I cannot say.

I read sometime ago, a clear denial from the Sringeri Mutt administrator denying the news of one low caste person having been admitted into the Mutt/pAThaSAla and telling that people can verify by personal visit and satisfy themselves. That is why I say that the MaThams seem to still uphold the teachings of the ancient Dharmasastras and Puranas, etc., although many later swamijis/AcAryas/Gurujis/god-men etc., performed a somersault and said all people can become their followers and reach VaikuNTham through their travel agency, so to say! They wanted more and more followers to bring to them more and more wealth, so much so, in the final analysis all these swamijis/AcAryas/Gurujis/god-men etc., were nothing more than instances of "udaranimittham bahukruta vESham", imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back