• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Are Not Tamil Brahmins Tamilians ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those who have read Tamil history and Tamil literature carefully will not say that
Tamil race excluded brahmins.

By proudly or .... ly proclaiming that one is not a Tamilian, one not only widens the gulf between tamil-speaking brahmins and tamil-speaking others, but deepens the dislike and hatred in the minds of other communities in Tamilnadu towards Tamil-speaking brahmins.

So, it is an irresponsible statement stemmed out of immaturity and nonchalance.

it is true that there is some overlap b/w old populations and current populations.

diff sub-sects might be indicative of diff tribal origins. brahmins of tamil speaking regions need to recognize the fact that they are a mixed unit of diverse origins just as any other community is.

puritanical attitude of origins is for doctrinal ideology only, in the written world. The real world so far has thrown up a very wide and very varied picture, more often not in concordance with doctrinal written ideology....

re

and what are you? are you are not a stupid junk spammer? atleast you admitted you are a dingbat. go see a doc for being a hallucinating lunatic.

only a looney tune will recongnise another loony bin...:tape:

sb

re

i worked as a volunteer counsellor for drug addicts and i know to recognize a loony when i see one. it good you recognize yourself as a loony. now go see a doc.

so you write,for all we know you are a junkie who needs fixes:pizza:

sb

so you write,for all we know you are a junkie who needs fixes:pizza:

sb

you are a junkie and you know you are a dingbat. you even call yourself genius (lol)..i suppose you are sane enuf to recognize what sort of ppl call themselves as genius...and now you think someone else needs fixes. cool. :)

Last warning

Mr. s007bala:

You have crossed the boundary of decency in using obscene and obusive language. Please take note that you will be barred from posting any more if this happens one more time. This forum is getting very many complaints against you. You appear to be the bully on the street.

Why don't you take the time to learn and post decent, thoughtful and relevant articles?

i think you are an alien from xxxxxxx.khe khe :):tape:

sb

Guys:
This thread is getting sidetracked by personal attacks, irrelevant postings and completely idiotic writing. Unless the topic is going to be about "Are not Tamil Brahmins Tamilians?" we will delete the postings.
Be warned!

Silverfox-ji,

My apologies for contributing to the mess.

I have obviously rubbed off wrongly on them. And went way out. I guess i have caused unwanted hurt and anger to other people with those posts as well, by going all the way out in trying to make these men see some sense.

My apologies. I will learn to ignore them. This will not be repeated again from my end.

Regards.

re

Mr. s007bala:

You have crossed the boundary of decency in using obscene and obusive language. Please take note that you will be barred from posting any more if this happens one more time. This forum is getting very many complaints against you. You appear to be the bully on the street.

Why don't you take the time to learn and post decent, thoughtful and relevant articles?

Not bad,not bad at all.Very good arbitration i must appreciate your,fair judgement,.....thnx.

sb

Not bad,not bad at all.Very good arbitration i must appreciate your,fair judgement,.....thnx.

sb

perhaps you really are a case of writing disability...you comment on the admin but you have nothing to say about your abusive language with anyone so far, even some of your simple comments are the crass, aggressive kind. i give up.

remember, if a guy like you gets beaten, it is for what you are. It is not for the community you claim to represent. You are a gross anomaly to have ever happened to the tambram community. I think you are a shame to yourself.

re

silver fox

i expect you to reply to palli.if you are a fair indian-american.

sb

Guys:
This thread is getting sidetracked by personal attacks, irrelevant postings and completely idiotic writing. Unless the topic is going to be about "Are not Tamil Brahmins Tamilians?" we will delete the postings.
Be warned!
Hello silverfox,

Everyone have their own style of writing, for if it were uniform, that itself would be monotonous... and hence one should resist the urge to comment on the other member's style of writing... This has not been the case.

There was a previous attempt to link my id with that of another member, and then an attempt to show that myself and s007bala are acting in cahoots to usurp the forum reputation of certain senior members here... "bullies", as you used the term here... Needless to say, advice started popping up from all directions.

One member, who was vociferous in advising me/s007bala, has now admitted, that she is using another id, and that too, to specifically take on s007bala and malgova.mango... Now I am not hinting that this is a multiple id scenario, but the fact that the member admits it does not also absolve the action, as the intent was malicious...

Pls see the reproduction below: (post by the id "palindrome" today)
1) I used to post under a diff username previously. I shifted to a new username for a reason: too many ppl knew i was posting under that name, incl family members. And i wanted some anonymity as privacy to post views that wud most likely have caused anguish to them. The idea was to take on bala and mango actually. However, what i am is far too obvious no matter under what name i post. And therefore i have given up trying to have any anonymity or privacy.

I am now surprised that such incidents are allowed to happen in a common forum where we should be striving to the progress of our community.

I am not again going to point out that a fair arbitration should seek to redress the points of both the parties concerned...

Certain members seem to be repeatedly point out that s007bala is messing up with the forum, but they fail to understand that their outright/blatant retaliation does not help the cause either! Why retaliate and then complain? If something is not according to one's taste, it should be left alone - why prod and maul it, and then cry foul...?

I am not bothered whether we attain the higher philosophical truth or not, but let us not lose our sanity on a virtual forum, gaining only distorted perceptions in the end...

If this is the kind of implicit message that is sent out to members like me, I would have no interest in participating in the forum... This is not out of frustration or dejection, but due to the good sense to keep my mind peaceful... and clear of the poison that is spreading here..

Thanks & Regards,

Last edited:
Hello silverfox,

Everyone have their own style of writing, for if it were uniform, that itself would be monotonous... and hence one should resist the urge to comment on the other member's style of writing... This has not been the case.

There was a previous attempt to link my id with that of another member, and then an attempt to show that myself and s007bala are acting in cahoots to usurp the forum reputation of certain senior members here... "bullies", as you used the term here... Needless to say, advice started popping up from all directions.

One member, who was vociferous in advising me/s007bala, has now admitted, that she is using another id, and that too, to specifically take on s007bala and malgova.mango... Now I am not hinting that this is a multiple id scenario, but the fact that the member admits it does not also absolve the action, as the intent was malicious...

Pls see the reproduction below: (post by the id "palindrome" today)

I am now surprised that such incidents are allowed to happen in a common forum where we should be striving to the progress of our community.

I am not again going to point out that a fair arbitration should seek to redress the points of both the parties concerned...

Certain members seem to be repeatedly point out that s007bala is messing up with the forum, but they fail to understand that their outright/blatant retaliation does not help the cause either! Why retaliate and then complain? If something is not according to one's taste, it should be left alone - why prodd and maul it, and then cry foul...?

I am not bothered whether we attain the higher philosophical truth or not, but let us not lose our sanity on a virtual forum, gaining only distorted perceptions in the end...

If this is the kind of implicit message that is sent out to members like me, I would have no interest in participating in the forum... This is not out of frustration or dejection, but due to the good sense to keep my mind peaceful... and clear of the poison that is spreading here..

Thanks & Regards,

Hmm..i get the pic.

First Bala tries to keep insulting so that the other person will retaliate.

He tries to "communalise" the issue as something b/w a tambram versus the telugu: "tamizh website ikku wandu shandai engaloda...poradanay telegu websites ikku,tur bur kizhichiduvaanga...brahmanaal naa ungalukku easy prey..."

And so when he gets no dough to mold to rake up a fight, here goes Mr.Seshadri in his defence (sesh, seriously you wanna defend a lunatic like that?). Does this excuse of "writing style" hold any water when the guy rambled like a confirmed lunatic in the Why i am not a Hindu thread.

According to you sesh,
"they fail to understand that their outright/blatant retaliation does not help the cause either! Why retaliate and then complain? If something is not according to one's taste, it should be left alone - why prodd and maul it, and then cry foul...?"
So i too ask you what was the necessity to retailiate with my post on this thread with words like alien from anus and then cry foul?

That i was taking on an other id was well known to those who mattered. And yes, since decent talking does not help with the likes of Bala, i had to get rough. The admin can very well check everyone's IP addresses. Am in favor of IP logged and/or identity logged posts. Why shd i not take on a new username when i had my valid reasons.

You say "I am not again going to point out that a fair arbitration should seek to redress the points of both the parties concerned" but you say it nevertheless. Though this whole idea of "arbitration" sound outright silly to me, to be used on a forum as though it is some court; yet i go with it - yes, please - let there be fair arbitration.

But i really cud not help smiling at this:
"I am not bothered whether we attain the higher philosophical truth or not, but let us not lose our sanity on a virtual forum, gaining only distorted perceptions in the end..."
Sanity on a virtual forum? Hope you are not forgetting that you are speaking for a man who rambled without his sanity on this thread: http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/showthread.php?t=1992&page=60 to page 62.

And i think this idea of quitting in a similar manner after arguing with the admin was done by someone who had come as a spectator earlier.

palindrome, i have given my reply to silverfox, and allow him to reply, if he chose to...

your interference has become a regular norm...

on the lines of me defending bala (as you claim it) - you have been more than obvious in your thoughts about siding with certain members here... if you say anybody can interfere, then dont tag me as a mere spectator; if nobody is to interfere, then you should have followed that piece of advice yourself first...

And i think this idea of quitting in a similar manner after arguing with the admin was done by someone who had come as a spectator earlier.
i do not wish to drag it anymore... your conviction is your poison...

palindrome, i have given my reply to silverfox, and allow him to reply, if he chose to...

your interference has become a regular norm...

on the lines of me defending bala (as you claim it) - you have been more than obvious in your thoughts about siding with certain members here... if you say anybody can interfere, then dont tag me as a mere spectator; if nobody is to interfere, then you should have followed that piece of advice yourself first...

i do not wish to drag it anymore... your conviction is your poison...

your post pertains to me, so i have every reason to so-called intefere and post what i wish to.

what do you mean by "siding with certain members here"?

oh well..i too can tell you the same thing that 'your conviction is your poison'.

msg by palindrome:
Just wanted to say / remind you that your words are reminiscent of a poster called desi who behaved exactly as you did. That 'desi' had a pal called 'spectator' who wud post stuff in his support or protection....this appears to be a similar case repeated here...

oh, i get the picture now...! happyhindu/palindrome, are you suggesting that s007bala was the person under the id "desi" and i was the spectator? or that the same pattern is exhibited here?
either way, you are wrong... i can see the same pattern in you too, and a few other members here...
my point is simply this - if you wanted to retaliate back to sb, you should not have complained... but you complained, then you should not have retaliated... you did complain and also retaliated... and that is why my post to admin to clarify, whether you are given a free licence to do that...(by any chance)
That i was taking on an other id was well known to those who mattered.
what is that supposed to mean? any individual with multiple ids could say that... does not indicate that your actions are bonafide...!

msg by palindrome:

oh, i get the picture now...! happyhindu/palindrome, are you suggesting that s007bala was the person under the id "desi" and i was the spectator? or that the same pattern is exhibited here?
either way, you are wrong... i can see the same pattern in you too, and a few other members here...
my point is simply this - if you wanted to retaliate back to sb, you should not have complained... but you complained, then you should not have retaliated... you did complain and also retaliated... and that is why my post to admin to clarify, whether you are given a free licence to do that...(by any chance)
what is that supposed to mean? any individual with multiple ids could say that... does not indicate that your actions are bonafide...!

Say what you want. its all your "perception" after all :) ...i hv nothing to say to someone who has self-appointed himself as a spokesman for a crack case. Looks like you are getting into the rambling mood as well here...a suggestion that will be discarded rightaway anyways, but telling it nevertheless -- hope you will care for your friend in a better way than doing all this mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back