• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

are brahimins exposed to self criticism and allow other to use them as model of fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an occasion to see the picture Viswarupam telecasted on deepawali day in Vijay TV.

I was sorry to see one scene, where Kamalahasan a music teacher opens a owen and his deciples rush to tastes some non vegetarian item prepared. Kamalahasan call an actress and and ask her "Papati amma please try taste this and say it is pesrfect"

As a Brahmin this hurts me. I dont understand why Kamal has always taken such scenes to project and humiliagte brahminical habbits.

I can say so many things about Kamal, his character and his womanising qualities as deserteer of women. But i refrain because i am a brahmin

Eating veg or non veg is ones once choice and Kamal has no right to insult a commiunity.

He HAD ALREADY A BITTER HABIT AS TO HOW THE MUSLIMS UNITED TO DEMAND A BAN ON HIS PICTURE

NO ONE WILL DARE TO DO THESE TYPES OF THINGS IF BRAHMIN AS A COMMUNITY STAND UNITED AND DO NOT SELF CRITICISE THEIR OWN HABITS.

A.R.SATHYANARAYANJAN. PUNE

Dear Sathya,

I wish to bring few points to your consideration, please.

Kamal Hasan is a 'pseudo secularist' only. For the same movie, he waswilling to bend backwards to keep the muslims happy, by his own admission. People like Kamal Hasan should not affect any community at all.

He chose the word 'paappathy' well. 'Paappathy' is a common name amoung non-brahmin ladies. I watched about 15 minutes of that movie before stopped bothering to watch that movie. Neither myself nor my wife even considered 'Paappathy' as a Brahmin lady since both us are quite aware of the name 'Paappathy' amoung non-brahmins. Kamal Hasan was possibly trying to appease some non-brahmin castes by choosing the name 'Paappathy'.

That comment was not technically correct either. One doesn't check for salt for a roast after it is cooked. It is way too late already. Salt should be cheeked in the marinade. Secondly, the lack of salt is perfectly okay for a roast. In fact, it should have less salt.. Usually roast should be eaten with a suitable sauce and the sauce should be checked for the salt level or what ever.

Lastly... it is an important point..... I grew up in an Iyengar family. I can usually prepare very decent roasts ( although my friends asked me to, I don't like to cook under count down.. I like to enjoy cooking... often times while roast are prepared, JD would be flowing too). Now, what does this tell you? Kamal may not be too far out when he called a 'Paappathy' to check a roast...

Eating Veg and/or non-veg is a personal choice. Just by high lighting that a community need not get insulted.

This is a fact - During 70s and 80s in Vellore, Bypass road there was a non-vegetarian hotel. People from Chitoor, Coimbatore, Salem flocked to that hotel. It was just a glorified tea-shop. I was told, the food was 'just fantastic' in that hotel ( I didn't know. I was a pure vegetarian). The chef was a brahmin.

Why can't you see the bright side of the comment? If the brahmins did it, they would do it the best, including non-veg cooking!

Cheers!

Nov 9, 2013

dear member,

your reply is amusing. I said k balachander belongs to ashtasahasram sect

and differentiation among the four sects (vadama, brahacharanam, vathima

and ashtasahasram) is not generally possible, like vadagalai and thengalai.

Unless the concerned iyer tells his subsect, it is difficult to know (even

vadama iyers are wearing 'vibuthi' instead of 'gobi chantanam').

What i meant was 'kb' belongs to iyer community and he depicted all the

characters from his community, which his foot licker 'kamal hassan' lacks,

because he is a pseudo atheist.

The sorry state of affair is even iyers are liking the way in which kamal

hassan depicts iyer community, may be majority of iyers become pseudo iyengars.

S chandrasekaran

Nov 9, 2013

it is a very poor judgement. The individual talent among iyers is greater than

iyengars. Since iyengars are generally united, it shows their achievement is more.

But actually it is not so.

Iyer community has produced three nobel laureates.

In each and every field, you can find an iyer internationally acclaimed. Whether it

is science, sports, arts, literature,

you can find an iyer with lot of achievement.

Apart from isai vellalar, the carnatic music world is virtually dominated by

iyer community - in composing songs, vocalists, instrumentalists etc.

After independence, the 'first indian' achievement in some cases went to

iyer community.

Even the converted 'ramanuja' was an iyer by birth (vadama sect).

Regarding brahmin girls, girls from ashtasahasram sect are more

good looking than iyengars (please verify).

However, the problem with iyer community is lack of unity, due to not following a

specific system, which leads to lack of interest and inconsistency.

It is time for you and your sisters change this wrong thinking, which, i hope,

you will do.

S chandrasekaran

thanks for the reply. I agree on one aspect. Bangaok, Malaysia and singpore , thailand are portrayed in bad sense. There are good peopole and bad people every where. The strictness of Malaysian police is projected when evesy one was canned on their back by vivek. But what i would like to point out is that in vedampudithu, and also in the prsent vishwaroobam brahmin a community devoted to holiness is made an object of ridicule. I dont want to say any thing abut Kamal hasan will he tolerate if any one take his personal character and his marital life as a picture.

what i want to emphasise is that cinema is a massmedia and it cannot be used to spoil the mind set of thje people

[video=youtube;9HwrMGpFaik]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HwrMGpFaik[/video]

When there is smoke, isnt there some fire?

helo friends.
i am happy i started this thread : self criticism of Brahmin and humiliation faced by them becuse of the active participation of many. The sum and substances of all discussion point out to one thing that the community as a whole is prone to attack and humiliation beciuase of its non violance posture due to their food habits and life style. Even the Budha saints learnt and propagated martial art to protect them because they were physically attacked. Here we are not only physically attacked ( EVR has advocated cuting of kudumis) and also moraly attacked( vedam pudithu and now vishwaroobam and many other movies.) NOw think and dont justify raise awake and unite.
sathyan

helo friends.
i am happy i started this thread : self criticism of Brahmin and humiliation faced by them becuse of the active participation of many. The sum and substances of all discussion point out to one thing that the community as a whole is prone to attack and humiliation beciuase of its non violance posture due to their food habits and life style. Even the Budha saints learnt and propagated martial art to protect them because they were physically attacked. Here we are not only physically attacked ( EVR has advocated cuting of kudumis) and also moraly attacked( vedam pudithu and now vishwaroobam and many other movies.) NOw think and dont justify raise awake and unite.
sathyan

Dear sathya,

I don't really understand your concerns. Every community gets criticised reasonably or unreasonably by others. So, what is the real concern if it gets directed towards Brahmin community.

Granted, EVR suggested cutting the kudimis, so you are quite upset about him. That may be reasonable but I have not heard from you anything in praise of many persons who said nice things about Brahmin community.

Kindly understand, you have not thanked everyone who was nicer to Brahmin community. Don't you think you should be listing out the bright sides too when you list out not so bright sides?

I don't really like to debate with you. Normally I beat the daylights out of someone who tried ridiculing me in the name of my caste ( or sometimes had my living daylights beaten by others).

Complaining won't get you too far, my friend!

Cheers!

Last edited:
I dont want to say any thing abut Kamal hasan will he tolerate if any one take his personal character and his marital life as a picture.

Dear Sathya,

Kamal Hassan is a professional and a genius..give him any story and he makes it brilliant.

So he wont mind at all if anyone films his life story..all he will think is "Lights,Camera and Action"

Keeping everybody at a distance is a safe practice; only the gap will depend on the physics, chemistry and mathematics.

What is special about srirangam temple? Vaishnavites must get priority over othrs! In the mumbai sachin's 200th final test, fans, ready to give up their life, earning and time will get only 3000 (or 5000) tickets out of 33000. The privileged get the lion's share.

I guess NO! Have you visited Srirangam temple, Sir?

...BTW, Iyengar girls are the most beautiful and iyengar boys the most intelligent, according to my sisters, but I think they have it backwards, iyengar girls are the most intelligent and iyengar boys the most handsome.
Obviously this comparision must be within Iyengars only, excluding Iyers !

Dear sathya,

I don't really understand your concerns. Every community gets criticised reasonably or unreasonably by others. So, what is the real concern if it gets directed towards Brahmin community.

Granted, EVR suggested cutting the kudimis, so you are quite upset about him. That may be reasonable but I have not heard from you anything in praise of many persons who said nice things about Brahmin community.

Kindly understand, you have not thanked everyone who was nicer to Brahmin community. Don't you think you should be listing out the bright sides too when you list out not so bright sides?

I don't really like to debate with you. Normally I beat the daylights out of someone who tried ridiculing me in the name of my caste ( or sometimes had my living daylights beaten by others).

Complaining won't get you too far, my friend!

Cheers!

helo sir

nicer things take care by themselves. But the comments in bad taste damage the image of the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back