• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

brahimins vadyar chages heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friends,

Permit a slight digression.

Sri Nacchi sir,

I saw your response in this thread that if employing a Vadhyar is too expensive, one may do the rituals by oneself.

Elsewhere (not in this forum) I read someone writing that not all brahmins were allowed to recite the vedas.

Is it right ?

Are there any pre-conditions to recite the vedas (apart from Diksha) ?

I intend to counter the statement and hence looking for your kind guidance.

Thanks in advance sir

Hari,

All Brahmins are allowed to recite the Vedas. The only initiation required is Gayatri. That means that all Brahmins who have had Upanayanam done can recite the Vedas. There is no separate Diksha for reciting Vedas.

This was clarified at the time when I started learning the Vedas.

Some Brahmins have been deprived of this right as a form of punishment. A punishment for Brahmins committing some specific kinds of offenses. This is prescribed in the Dharmasasthra. But it was restricted to individuals. But it has ben applied to clans also.

Shri Prabhakaran

>>Howmany vadyars stil wear, panchkacham, keepbare body, do sandyavandanam do nithya karma, least of practice keeping of ":Kudumi"<<

Most Vaadyars wear dhotis,maynot be panchakacham.Kudumi is also done.Moonjilla oru kalai is there with kudumis,though girls dont like it.So Vaadyars have tuff time getting married.Sandyavandanam is being done.All this i am saying with American Sastrigals.In fact Americans are following better than Indians.Even more knowledgeable also.Indian Americans rock.

sb
hi sb
you said rite........indian ameriican vadyars are better than homegrown
vadyars in many cases........some cases highly educated with english
knowledge..........we can see in california/ Los angels/ else where in
north america.........highly discipliined and well organised too...
here in USA many vadhyars have kudumi with panchakaccham...

regards
tbs

tbs

i dont agree with you. you pay them in dollars and they reside there for many years. come and see our chennai vadyars they speak a very good english yet being paid in rupees. the bottom line is please do not compare US and indian vadyars. Indian economy is growing and vadyars have to be paid well.

Brahmin Vadyar Charges

In fact the kartha may also pay to his capacity and derive pleasure after performing homams, to the Vadhyar and please them. In our Chettinad Area, I have experienced like this. Some Vadyars charges are according to the purse to balance and fulfil their needs.

So at the end of the day, one having performed the job well and the other paid Dhakshina with happy to his capacity thus finally both parties are happy to continue the rituals etc together again for a longer period.

Last edited:
tbs

i dont agree with you. you pay them in dollars and they reside there for many years. come and see our chennai vadyars they speak a very good english yet being paid in rupees. the bottom line is please do not compare US and indian vadyars. Indian economy is growing and vadyars have to be paid well.
hi balaji,
we have to pay either dollars or rupees, we have to pay for their
services.....if we can conduct/ do religious for marriage or
death ceremony ourself ...we dont need vadyars.......every body
knows driving ...does not mean that we can drive state buses..
there is bus driver appointed by the govt...so if we want vadyar
service........we have to pay them accordingly...

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back