• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

are brahimins exposed to self criticism and allow other to use them as model of fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
In some industries..There is no Director! There is only a cameraman.

I remember reading an article where Sunny Leone said that acting in mainstream Cinema is easier cos there is Director and retakes..in her industry there is no Director and no retakes..so its lights,camera and self action and one has to get it right.

And it is not an easy job for the cameraman to be an impassive spectator!LOL!

BTW Hindi movies are quite famous of making fun of South Indian/Tamil Brahmins.

I dont know why but somehow people in North think that every South Indian has to be a TB.

Have you guys seen the Amir Khan,Juhi Chawla starer Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke?

There Juhi plays Vyjayanti an Iyer girl who runs away from home cos she does not want to marry an Iyer guy.

Her dialogue makes fun of TB men and she says that the guy whom she is supposed to marry speaks with his head moving non stop as if he is on a train.

Every person playing a TB there is depicted as speaking with their heads moving non stop like the little dancing doll.

So you see...Kamal isnt the only one at fault here.

I wonder how many people got angry after seeing Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke?

renus, in chennai express, deepika padukone, is portayed as a tamil gangster's daughter. definitely not TB material :)

Why are brahmins shown as 'edupidi's to gangsters in some movies? eg: Nayagan.

There should be a break through making brahmins as gangsters! Anyway cinema is just for fun, right?

Of course Ambi had one of those personalities, for a change!
:lol:

There should be a break through making brahmins as gangsters! Anyway cinema is just for fun, right?

Dear RR ji,

Yes..there should be TB gangsters too..to add spice to Cinema.

I wonder why Kamal Hassan never thought of that?

Dear Renu,

They may have to change the dialogues too! 'pOttoodungO dA' will replace
'pOtturunga dA'! :D

Dear Renu,

They may have to change the dialogues too! 'pOttoodungO dA' will replace
'pOtturunga dA'! :D

Dear RR ji,

I am wondering who will be suitable for the role?

Arvind Swamy?? No way..he is too fat.

Kamal Hassan ? We have seen him in too many roles..so need a new face.

Hey RR ji....there is a guy who is TB and takes gangster roles.... Sampath Kumar.

He should be suitable for a TB gangster role>

sampath_raj1.jpg

Nov 7, 2013

first of all, kamal hassan is not a genuine person. He is pseudo atheist.

By portraying himself as an atheist, he has been humiliating hindus, particularly

saivites gods and iyer community.

In the film sathya, released during eighties, he has shown anjaneya

was more powerful than lord ganesha. Subsequetnly, he started portraying

saivites and iyers in bad light in his later films.

He could have shown the female character in 'avvai shanmugi' as an iyengar mami;

but he does not want to show. It shows his caste fanaticism (he is from iyengar

sect).

He is actually a 'vaishnavite fanatic' like 'vasana kavigyan' vali. But kamal hassan

has no guts to show it openly.

In this connection, one can appreciate k balachander. Though he depicted

a shastrigal's daugther in bad light in arangetram film, he has not shown the

characters from iyengar or madhwa community. He has taken his own community

for all the characters (he is an iyer belonged to ashtasahasram sect).

S chandrasekaran

In this connection, one can appreciate k balachander. Though he depicted

a shastrigal's daugther in bad light in arangetram film,

Why dont the movie be viewed from a different angle as a bold and courageous woman who took the most drastic step by becoming a sex worker to save her family from poverty.

It is the ultimate sacrifice done by her.

I do not think the movie was trying to portray her as a woman with bad character but rather as a woman who could not stand to see her family suffer anymore and took the most drastic decision...the remake in Hindi was a hit too.

Last edited:
Ok forget the sex worker part, because of the classic social stigma. What if she took the job of a maid cleaning people's houses? Is that a bad thing? Is that a negative occupation? Is that socially redundant? Does that harm anybody else? Does that show her or her family "in a bad light"?

We have to move beyond job classification in the 21st century? If playing cricket for the national team is an honorable occupation for all castes, then being an auto-driver should also be an honorable occupation for all castes. There was a story recently about an auto driver being castigated by fellow brahmins for taking up the occupation. His response: "I hope people understand the concept of dignity of labor". Any kind of labor...

.. He has taken his own community

for all the characters (he is an iyer belonged to ashtasahasram sect).
Did he use ashtasahasram Iyers for all these characters or did he use other Iyer sects and humiliate them?

Did he use ashtasahasram Iyers for all these characters or did he use other Iyer sects and humiliate them?

Dear Shri Nara,

Unlike in Iyengars the pride in the sect is not so high. Those who are not iyers probably do not even know what the various Iyer sects are.

Last edited:
What???

Kamal Hassan is an Iyengar?? This is news to me!

I always thought he is an Iyer cos I always felt that Iyers are more intelligent than Iyengars.

Dont ask me why and how I came to this conclusion.

......Unlike in Iyengars the pride in the sect is not so high. Those who are not iyers probably do not even know what the various Iyer sects are.
I have no idea about sect pride among Iyers, though I am told Iyer Grukkal is sort of looked down upon, but I am not sure how authentic this is, but we all know Iyers look down upon everyone else including all Iyengars, and in turn Iyengars look down upon everyone else including not just Iyers but even Iyengars of other kalai.

The point is, somebody here is quite upset with Kamal and Vali humiliating Iyers, but has no problems with both Iyers and Iyengars blithely looking down upon everyone else including each other. So, instead of finding fault with the "other" why not unite under the universal banner of human beings, it is really not that difficult if only one can let his/her own innate humanity trump the indoctrinated caste pride.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea about sect pride among Iyers, though I am told Iyer Grukkal is sort of looked down upon, but I am not sure how authentic this is, but we all know Iyers look down upon everyone else including all Iyengars, and in turn Iyengars look down upon everyone else including not just Iyers but even Iyengars of other kalai.

The point is, somebody here is quite upset with Kamal and Vali humiliating Iyers, but has no problems with both Iyers and Iyengars blithely looking down upon everyone else including each other. So, instead of finding fault with the "other" why not unite under the universal banner of human beings, it is not really not that difficult if only one can let his/her own innate humanity trump the indoctrinated caste pride.

That was playing it safe in this forum for the present. Let me also try. Every caste has sect pride besides caste pride. a vadakalai will keep a tenkalai at arms distance. A vadama will keep a vathima, ashtashasram and a chozhiya at arms distance: a mukkaniyan at a barge pole's distance and a gurukkal at a miles distance. A virudhunagar Nadar will not have anything to do with a sivakasi nadar and a sivakasi nadar will not touch a Nagerkoil nadar with a barge pole. An Arcot mudaliyar will swear that a senguntha mudaliyar is not a mudaliyar at all. A siruveettupillai will not accept a saiva pillai as pillai, will not touch a karkaththa pillai and will never go near a vellala pillai. Similarly a kallar, maravar and simple thevar will not marry from each other community though all of them are thevars. A pallar will not have any thing to do with a parayar though both are tribal community(SCs). Some one said India is a mad house of castes. LOL.

What???

Kamal Hassan is an Iyengar?? This is news to me!

I always thought he is an Iyer cos I always felt that Iyers are more intelligent than Iyengars.

Dont ask me why and how I came to this conclusion.
This shows how much you know about TB. Kamal is a blood relative of my Chitti's inlaws. The recently passed away Ravichandran was a Sri Rangam iyengar as so is Hemamalini.

BTW, Iyengar girls are the most beautiful and iyengar boys the most intelligent, according to my sisters, but I think they have it backwards, iyengar girls are the most intelligent and iyengar boys the most handsome.

BTW, Iyengar girls are the most beautiful and iyengar boys the most intelligent, according to my sisters, but I think they have it backwards, iyengar girls are the most intelligent and iyengar boys the most handsome.

Dear Shri Nara,

Do you mean among the Iyengars?

My view is that the Iyengars are more practical and the Iyers are more philosophical. I think this probably has to do with the nature of the philosophy that has been handed out to them.

Some of you may be interested in this discussion

Ryze business networking

South Indians were portrayed badly in many Hindi movies. Mahmood the actor specialized in that. Please see the movie Padosan. Nor only South indians but also many communities were portrayed badly.

Though most of us felt bad, we did not bother much. It only shows the prejudice of the director/story writer/actor.

Of course we have discussed this often in this forum. This come up again and again. Why? The reason is very simple. The Tamilians are obsessed with Cinema. For them the Cinema actor is the greatest of human beings. The Cinema actor is the repository of all knowledge.

So we have Actors talking even about Spirituality. People claiming a particular actor to be the Spiritual leader though every one knows that he had treated/treats all his employees badly. An actor who has had five if not more marriages talks about the sanctity of marriages and presides over a reality show dealing mostly with marital problems.

Actors are above law. When an actor gets convicted of a crime the entire press goes out in support of him. He is in the news on all the days.

It is disgusting and shows the degradation of our society. In this you can not blame "aping the west" or the younger generation. The whole blame lie on the older generation. The people born after independence. In this forum you can criticize Paramacharya. Not many would defend him. But not Kamala Hassan.

Not that it is happening only in India. The obsession with the Kardashian sisters in U.S is shocking. But at least they do not preach Christianity.

.........In this forum you can criticize Paramacharya. Not many would defend him. But not Kamal.
This is news to me, in all these years I have been writing here I know I have learned that I cannot say anything negative about paramacharya or the divine sai baba, if you do write anything negative, at the very least you can expect your post to be deleted, and worst reprimanded and publically humiliated.

I have never seen such treatment meted out to anyone who cares to criticize Kamal. While I am in agreement with the sentiment behind this post, I find myself shaking my head when I read this section of the post.........

That was playing it safe in this forum for the present. Let me also try. Every caste has sect pride besides caste pride. a vadakalai will keep a tenkalai at arms distance. A vadama will keep a vathima, ashtashasram and a chozhiya at arms distance: .

Why do you want to resist that iyengar's keep iyer's at an arms distance? Or is it you are playing it safe?

You mean the long haired ones??LOL
Of course, I am not talking about the young pretenders, old is gold, with our long hair, envy of many women, albeit salt and pepper only because we are self assured enough to shun coloring agents......

In any society the minorities are more active than the majority. Whether it is religion or language. Otherwise you will be absorbed by the majority. You lose your identity and culture. You see it everywhere. Tamilians/Malayalees in Bengal, Maharashtra. Bengalis/Maharshtrians in Tamil Nadu.

This is true of religion and religious sects. The Hindus in U.S are very active. And so are the Muslims.

The Muslims in India being in a minority are quite active. The Iyengars being a minority among the Tamil Brahmins are very active. They are different even from the other Vaishnavites being followers of Ramanujacharya.

If you are not agressive you will lose your identity/culture. Every sect is unique.

It is the fear of loss of identity which has prevented inter-caste marriages. Though I am all in favour of inter-caste marriages, I am aslo aware of this apprehension/fear which is real.

Why are the Tamil Brahmins very active compared to Saiva Vellala Pillais who also do not have reservations and who have lost control of the temples. Because The Tamil Brahmins are a minority whose religious beliefs are diffrent from the majority of Tamils.

Among the Tamil Brahmins, Iyengars, Kurukkal and Chozhiyans have unique culture. This should not be lost in the name of integration.

The integration shoudld be like a silver coin dipped in a pot of milk (the Parsee style ) and not a கடலில் கரைத்த பெருங்காயம்.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back