• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

are brahimins exposed to self criticism and allow other to use them as model of fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an occasion to see the picture Viswarupam telecasted on deepawali day in Vijay TV.

I was sorry to see one scene, where Kamalahasan a music teacher opens a owen and his deciples rush to tastes some non vegetarian item prepared. Kamalahasan call an actress and and ask her "Papati amma please try taste this and say it is pesrfect"

As a Brahmin this hurts me. I dont understand why Kamal has always taken such scenes to project and humiliagte brahminical habbits.

I can say so many things about Kamal, his character and his womanising qualities as deserteer of women. But i refrain because i am a brahmin

Eating veg or non veg is ones once choice and Kamal has no right to insult a commiunity.

He HAD ALREADY A BITTER HABIT AS TO HOW THE MUSLIMS UNITED TO DEMAND A BAN ON HIS PICTURE

NO ONE WILL DARE TO DO THESE TYPES OF THINGS IF BRAHMIN AS A COMMUNITY STAND UNITED AND DO NOT SELF CRITICISE THEIR OWN HABITS.

A.R.SATHYANARAYANJAN. PUNE

Dear Sir,

Dont take movies too seriously.Just leave what we see at the cinema and come home.

Even though I am a big fan of Shah Rukh Khan..I dont "bring him home"...he stays in the cinema.

Movies show lots of cock and bull.

In the early 90's Tamil movies have portrayed guys from Tamil Nadu going to Malaysia and in the swimming pool holding Malaysian Indian girls on each side and saying that "Oh here we can do anything with girls and they wont mind"

In real life this does not happen and any guy trying such stunts could land into big trouble cos here police takes complains seriously....but do I( a Malaysian) get worked up seeing this on screen?

The answer is No..cos who cares what the movie makers do to sell their movies?

Movies are all about fantasy and mainly nothing is really true.

Even in the 70's movies often portrayed criminals with Christian names like D'Souza and sexy vamps/sex workers with names like Stella etc.

So everyone just watched and did not care how the Christian community would have felt isn't it?

So the same way..just ignore everything we see on screen.

As long no life is lost as a consequence of any movie..the best is to just ignore what does not make us happy.

Yesterday I was watching a movie where a dark skinned comedian was made fun of..just becos of his color.The movie was sort of implying that only a fair skinned person is good looking.

So you see do you really think that would make all dark skinned people get angry and object?

Not really..cos again..who really cares what cinema portrays.

So the best is relax and watch any movie.

These days dietary habits of people have undergone drastic changes..anyone can be a vegetarian and being vegetarian is no more strictly identified with Brahmin heritage.

BTW on technical grounds "Papathi is a name meaning Butterfly" and the word Brahmana/Iyer Maami/Iyengar Maami was NOT used.

So where is the point to object?

As far as I know Tamil Brahmins are not fond of the usage of the word Papathi..so would anyone actually want to openly admit that Papathi means Brahmin woman?

Last edited:
Dear Renuka,

One cannot simply ignore a movie as something that is forgotten after it is seen. Today movies have the most influence on the youngsters and so whatever is forcefully depicted makes an impression on them. So a responsible movie maker will ensure that he doesn't depict anything that is derogatory of some person or some group because that message might well get across the minds of the people. What is the need for that anyway?. It is only a silly way to humour people.

Kamal will do anything for the sake of money! May be he is a businessman but his social consciousness and sensitivity are poor!

LOL! I guessed as much..this thread was inactive for 4 days and as usual if a female member writes something the thread becomes active!

Raji Madam also has said this many times.

Dear Renuka,

One cannot simply ignore a movie as something that is forgotten after it is seen. Today movies have the most influence on the youngsters and so whatever is forcefully depicted makes an impression on them. So a responsible movie maker will ensure that he doesn't depict anything that is derogatory of some person or some group because that message might well get across the minds of the people. What is the need for that anyway?. It is only a silly way to humour people.

Dear Sravna,

How long does anything last in the mind whether its Sunny Leone or Kamal Hassan?

Kamal will do anything for the sake of money! May be he is a businessman but his social consciousness and sensitivity are poor!

Just say tomorrow Kamal wins an Oscar..I am sure many people of his own community will "forgive" him for all his wrong portrayal of TBs and be very proud of him!LOL

BTW Hindi movies are quite famous of making fun of South Indian/Tamil Brahmins.

I dont know why but somehow people in North think that every South Indian has to be a TB.

Have you guys seen the Amir Khan,Juhi Chawla starer Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke?

There Juhi plays Vyjayanti an Iyer girl who runs away from home cos she does not want to marry an Iyer guy.

Her dialogue makes fun of TB men and she says that the guy whom she is supposed to marry speaks with his head moving non stop as if he is on a train.

Every person playing a TB there is depicted as speaking with their heads moving non stop like the little dancing doll.

So you see...Kamal isnt the only one at fault here.

I wonder how many people got angry after seeing Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke?

Last edited:
Dear Sravna,

Actually in the South hardly any actor besides Kamal and Sathyaraj portray anti TB sentiment.

Sathyaraj was really hitting hard at TBs in his Iyer IPS.

Other actors do not take up such roles.

LOL! I guessed as much..this thread was inactive for 4 days and as usual if a female member writes something the thread becomes active!

Raji Madam also has said this many times.

Dear Renuka,

So it can be concluded that the forum members highly value the opinions of the female members.

Just say tomorrow Kamal wins an Oscar..I am sure many people of his own community will "forgive" him for all his wrong portrayal of TBs and be very proud of him!LOL

K.Balachander is another traitor...I cared two hoots for him when he got Dadasahed Phalke award! These guys have so belittled and misrepresented the Tambrahm in Tamil movies in the name of reality!

...........These guys have so belittled and misrepresented the Tambrahm in Tamil movies in the name of reality!
And no one has the guts to do so to other communities / religions!

They know very well that brahmins won't mind or care for any belittlement they receive from others!

K.Balachander is another traitor...I cared two hoots for him when he got Dadasahed Phalke award! These guys have so belittled and misrepresented the Tambrahm in Tamil movies in the name of reality!

So its looks like its Film industry TBs who are the Ettapans to their own community..any reason??

Last edited:
​The 'madi' and 'AchAram' of tambrams are very difficult to follow, Renu! :ballchain:

Dear RR ji,

My husband was not aware that K Balachander is a TB.

I told him sometime back and he was shocked.

He said "What?? He is a TB?? but he makes such bold and controversial movies!"

So you see many do not expect a TB to make controversial movies!

Dear Renu,

The pity is those who follow AchAram are made fun of and those who eat non veg are also made fun of! :sad:

​The 'madi' and 'AchAram' of tambrams are very difficult to follow, Renu! :ballchain:

Dear RR ji,

Indian culture TB or Non TB is not too hard to follow.

All we need to do is :

Shut up and follow without asking any questions!LOL

Dear Renu,

The pity is those who follow AchAram are made fun of and those who eat non veg are also made fun of! :sad:

Dear RR ji,

No problems...so have a Multiple Personality..

So if anyone makes fun of Ambi..Remo will come to rescue and if anyone tries to harm Ambi..Anniyan will finish them off.

So its looks like its Film industry TBs who are the Ettapans to their own community..any reason??

The Director thinks he is some Walt Disney....Wants the moolah also...So the easy guy who can be twisted, twirled, beaten, crushed, subdued is the hapless Brahmin...KB is worse than a Gigilo

KB is worse than a Gigilo

LOL! I cant stop laughing.

A Gigolo wants a steady clientele....he will surely welcome all communities with open arms for a bash of a time and give the women their moneys worth!LOL

The sex industry is the only industry where all caste and communities are welcomed with open arms or open whatever and Samatvam is practiced.

Come to think of it Lust is not too far away from Liberation.

Last edited:
LOL! I cant stop laughing.

A Gigolo wants a steady clientele....he will surely welcome all communities with open arms for a bash of a time and give the women their moneys worth!LOL

The sex industry is the only industry where all caste and communities are welcomed with open arms or open whatever!

And in return what the clientele expects the Director provides!LOL!!

And in return what the clientele expects the Director provides!LOL!!

In some industries..There is no Director! There is only a cameraman.

I remember reading an article where Sunny Leone said that acting in mainstream Cinema is easier cos there is Director and retakes..in her industry there is no Director and no retakes..so its lights,camera and self action and one has to get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back