• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Anti-Brahminism by Yahoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the last fifty years in India, brahmins as a class are attacked by every other people since it is easy to make the latter believe that brahmins are responsible for their ills.

Since brahmins never indulge in violence and physical fights, it is not possible for the perceived enemies to engage them in such warfare. The only next option is denigration. Further in line is discrimination through reservation in education and employment.

The denigration part has been found to be commercially very rewarding and hence Tamil Film makers freely indulge in it. They make easy money since the majority of their audience are brahmin-haters. No wonder that the Small Screen (TV) has adopted the same tactics too.

In the present case, what shocks us is that even an internationally reputed, western headquartered, web service company could be hoodwinked by their Indian branch to indulge in cheap gimmicks to increase their user base. The motive is clear. Competition has increased manifold among Google, MSN and Yahoo, what with the desi company Rediff too joining the bandwagon.

They know that the numerical strength lies with non-brahmins. Yahoo has started it. Mark my words. If it is left unchecked, what happened in the Cinema and TV area will happen to the Web in Indian region. It will spread to mobile phone downloads and you can see female figures dancing obscenely in madisAr (9 yard saree).

Had they included all other caste characters in their respective robes and appearance, muslims, christians and dalits in particular, their pseudo secularism could be viewed as in just bad taste only. I did not find any Sardar character among the 8 in the page. The other seven pictures do not infer any caste bias.

Please, read the petition for more justification of the protest.

namaskarams.

Bhahusruth.

Anbu said:
Dear Friends,

Smt. Anupama Ranganathan who is a great devotee of Kanchi Acharyals has put out a petition against Yahoo! for creating a emoticon deregatory of South Indian Brahmins. I request all of you to please sign the petition that can be found at http://www.petitiononline.com/kanchi04/

Also please tell your friends and relatives to do the same.

Let's show some unity and self-respect.

With Narayanasmrithi
Anbu

Asking dumb questions is my department!! Who is this lady, Smt. Anupama Ranganathan? Somebody well-known? in what way?
Thanks!!

Dear Bhahusruth:

I agree with most of your observations. However, in my humble opinion, I think maybe we are too sensitive. I personally did not see any insult to Brahmins by that 'Audible' caricature (a dark South Indian cook). If at all, I thought it was very endearing. However, respecting people's wishes, I also signed up the petition.

By the way, the Sardar audible can be found under "Masti". Click on 'other audibles' and you will find 'Masti' under 'audibles from other countries'. By the way, they also have come up with some real cute audibles under 'Tamil'.
While we must fight back any injustice, let us not get carried away.

In the seventies, the famous tamil writer sujAtA (Rangarajan of srirangam) started a novel with the title "karuppu, Sivappu, veLuppu" in the weekly magazine Kumudam. The first chapter carried a description of a caste hindu woman character. He had mentioned her caste also. He had compared her breasts to kitten tied in a sack.
The caste people reacted violently and both the magazine and the writer apologized and escaped their fury. The novel, of course, continued as a toned down version with a new title "Rattam orey niram". That caste people are prospering today entering every walk of life and at the same time clinging on to their hereditary profession too.

Not long ago, Kamalhassan incurred heavy loss on account of an agitation to change the title of his film. Chandiar, even though does not refer to a particular caste, had to give way for the name of the character itself. By the way the character's name was that of a deity. The agitators and kamalhassan did not find anything wrong in denigrating a deity.

Yahoo's emoticon may appear harmless today. But it becomes a precedence. Our protest should also become a precedent. We are not used to violent protests. We are not used to destroying properties. We are not used to abuse by filth. We are protesting in the way an educated class is supposed to do.

And, thanks to Silverfox for signing the petition.

Ms.Anupama is a learned activist in the cause of upholding hindu dharma.

Bhahusruth.

the heart bleeds

i do agree that time and again tam brahmins have been targetted relentlessly by all sections of the media. but by expending our energy on such non issues like yahoo carivature,we should not miss the larger threats.
all the best

Dear Sri Navy-Easwaran,

I understand your take on this. But clearly we are not spending much energy on this. So my request is that we get on with it. Pl. do sign it as this is only a protest.

With Narayanasmrithi,
Anbu

Karunanidhi recently enjoyed a mock drama on brahmins at Erode along with Rajathi ammal and Kanimozhi.The skit was done at Erode mocking at Tamil Brahmins

the addresses and emails of the administrators and moderators and stake holders of this portal must be exhibited in the portal. the portal should receive suggestions from all quarters.Discuss pros and cons and not simply go by the will and pleasure of the moderator. Funds collected should be revealed to all and the nature of expenses.Unless transparency is introduced talking and chating will lead to further talks and not action.T.N.Seahan must be approached to be our patron.

How on Earth could that Benefit !!

To get the target of the enemies missiles targeted with Co-ordinates ??

T.N. Seshan , with all due respect is too OLD and has done all that he could ! Can;t we think of any bubbling wise youngster to do the Job ??

One could get motivated seeing the six -sixes of Yuvraj in 20-20 ,today's cricket match against ENGLAND ! For how much time could u possibly depend on the oldies !

Only in south india

In the last fifty years in India, brahmins as a class are attacked by every other people since it is easy to make the latter believe that brahmins are responsible for their ills.

Since brahmins never indulge in violence and physical fights, it is not possible for the perceived enemies to engage them in such warfare. The only next option is denigration. Further in line is discrimination through reservation in education and employment.

The denigration part has been found to be commercially very rewarding and hence Tamil Film makers freely indulge in it. They make easy money since the majority of their audience are brahmin-haters. No wonder that the Small Screen (TV) has adopted the same tactics too.

In the present case, what shocks us is that even an internationally reputed, western headquartered, web service company could be hoodwinked by their Indian branch to indulge in cheap gimmicks to increase their user base. The motive is clear. Competition has increased manifold among Google, MSN and Yahoo, what with the desi company Rediff too joining the bandwagon.

They know that the numerical strength lies with non-brahmins. Yahoo has started it. Mark my words. If it is left unchecked, what happened in the Cinema and TV area will happen to the Web in Indian region. It will spread to mobile phone downloads and you can see female figures dancing obscenely in madisAr (9 yard saree).

Had they included all other caste characters in their respective robes and appearance, muslims, christians and dalits in particular, their pseudo secularism could be viewed as in just bad taste only. I did not find any Sardar character among the 8 in the page. The other seven pictures do not infer any caste bias.

namaskarams.

Bhahusruth.

Our population is less in south india so non bramins are influencing on that... but in north population are more ,these people can not do any thing. That what these tamil's non bramins does not like the north indians.u know one thing these tamil non bramins are not willing to work in in north side very few are willing to work.

Only in south india

namaskarams.

Bhahusruth.

Our population is less in south india so non bramins are influencing on that... but in north population are more ,these people can not do any thing. That what these tamil's non bramins does not like the north indians.u know one thing these tamil non bramins are not willing to work in in north side very few are willing to work because their attitude never success in north. even north non bramins wont like those tamil non bramins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back