• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Anna Hazare arrested. Crowds swell in support. What will happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made it a point to attend the meetings. I attended the LB Chennai gathering on three days and bought a cap, t-shirt and badges for my use and to promote the cause. It was heartening to participate in something useful for the nation.

So, Sri.Sangom is here. I actually was led here while googling for tarpana mantras and was impressed by Sri.Sangom's presentations here.

I do not see the website address above. It contains some devanagri fonts. May be that is the reason. I repeat the address without those fonts ( you may have to search from there: भारतकोश The site clarifies the point regarding agni knowing pitr.

I heard that Anna Hazare was discharged after FOUR days in a private hospital in New Delhi... I am impressed that the Gandhian had such luxury! Lol.

Do you know the cost of his stay in the private hospital? Who paid for it?

I bet it was several lakhs of rupees... paid for by the Corporate Sponsor of the Suicidal Hoopla at Ramlila!

Very interesting...

Stay tuned.

man in the mirror!

anna&co, if you wanna make the world, a better place, take a look at yourself and make the change...

On eve of Anna fast, I-T dept asked Kejriwal to pay dues of Rs 9 lakh - The Times of India

Anna Hazare's chief aide Arvind Kejriwal was slapped a notice by the Income Tax department asking him to pay dues of more than Rs 9 lakh a week before the Gandian was to launch his fast and at a time when Team Anna was engaged in a high voltage clash with the government.

The I-T department -- that has still not accepted Kejriwal's resignation from the Indian Revenue Service tendered in February 2006 and continues to recognize him as a government servant -- has held that he violated bond conditions. His resignation, according to the government, can only be accepted once the dues are cleared.

Kejriwal had also taken a computer loan of which Rs 50,000 was due and interest accumulated amounted to Rs 1 lakh.

I heard that Anna Hazare was discharged after FOUR days in a private hospital in New Delhi... I am impressed that the Gandhian had such luxury! Lol.

Do you know the cost of his stay in the private hospital? Who paid for it?

I bet it was several lakhs of rupees... paid for by the Corporate Sponsor of the Suicidal Hoopla at Ramlila!

Very interesting...

Stay tuned.

Dear Yamaka,

I am surprised that you have said this. In all your earlier posts on this topic,You were very concerned with the damage that the country would have suffered if hooligans were allowed to have a free run in the nation's capital. You justified the action of police in arresting Ramdev and in arresting Anna also to prevent this from happening. You were even happy that a national catastrophe has been averted by the police action. You were very supportive of PC for whatever was done by police. Now you are arguing that Anna should have been left to mend for himself when he was fasting instead getting him treated in a private hospital. Say, Anna did not bother about his health and so died due to fasting, what would have happened? What a great display of hypocrisy on your part!! This hypocritical hoopla is much more entertaining than the one we witnessed in Parliament.

Cheers

Prof. R Vaidyanathan's essay is another attempt to look for holes, but missing the greens. He wants anna to do what he wants and expects that his suggestions will be more successful.

1. Anna was terribly focussed on the janlokpal bill and its minimul essential contents. He did not - did not- include all issues under the sun. Ramdev mixed so many issues in his demands - hang the corrupt, bring foreign held money, seize all assets etc. Obviously for every 100 people who accept all his demands, there will be 100 each who will oppose at leat one of his demands. In case of anna, for every 100 who agree there may be 20 detractors.
2. Subramanyam swamy has been shouting all over the world that sonia, chidambaram, karunanidhi, raja, kanomozhi and a many more have benefitted finacially and have received corrupt proceeds. Neither he is sued for defamation nor the media doimng investgative journalism.

Anna has stirred a large section of the public and has exposed how slippery the corrupt government is.

....Do you know the cost of his stay in the private hospital? Who paid for it?
Y, I also think this is an important question. Why is GH not good enough for this Gandhian?

However, I have no problem Anna getting treated in a private hospital with funds provided by some private individual, let him. But, as a public figure, riding the wave of public anger against corruption, deliberately being partial to corporations by leaving them out of the purview of the lokpal bill, the public is entitled to know where the money is coming from so that Anna can afford to lead a Gandhian lifestyle.

Follow the money was the advice deep-throat gave -- IMO there has never been more valuable advice word for word.

So, before elevating Anna to the stratosphere of middle-class adulation, I hope some dogged intrepid journalist will bring the names of those who fund Anna into the open. Let them then venerate Anna if they want to, which is very likely given nothing could deter these folks from worshiping the ground some of the discredited godmen walk on.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Prof. R Vaidyanathan's essay is another attempt to look for holes, but missing the greens. He wants anna to do what he wants and expects that his suggestions will be more successful.

1. Anna was terribly focussed on the janlokpal bill and its minimul essential contents. He did not - did not- include all issues under the sun. Ramdev mixed so many issues in his demands - hang the corrupt, bring foreign held money, seize all assets etc. Obviously for every 100 people who accept all his demands, there will be 100 each who will oppose at leat one of his demands. In case of anna, for every 100 who agree there may be 20 detractors.
2. Subramanyam swamy has been shouting all over the world that sonia, chidambaram, karunanidhi, raja, kanomozhi and a many more have benefitted finacially and have received corrupt proceeds. Neither he is sued for defamation nor the media doimng investgative journalism.

Anna has stirred a large section of the public and has exposed how slippery the corrupt government is.

Shri Sarang,

I understand that we are on opposite sides on the current topic. Still, I thought it proper and necessary to clarify why Subramaniam Swamy is not sued for defamation nor the investigative journalists are able to throw mud on him.

It is because, as Shri Swamy himself told in public address that if any one including Sonia, sues for defamation, she will have to answer such extremely inconvenient questions from him and/or his lawyer, that no one dares to spoil the fragile reputation on which they currently sail.

Swamy has also said in a talk in Bengaluru that when NDA was in power, he suggested that the GOI ask the college in which Rahul supposedly studies (I forget its name now) to furnish the particulars of the bank account from which payments to that college were being made. But the NDA govt. itself was not honest enough to do that; you can imagine the reasons. (பாம்பின் கால் பாம்புக்குத் தெரியும்!). He said also that his contacts in US have given him to understand that the moneys came from an account in Cayman Islands, a tax haven. Perhaps Swamy has much more info but can bring it out only at the appropriate time through the Supreme Court proceedings, if such a chance presents itself.

Regarding Sonia Gandhi, I have heard from my superior officer and close friend, that when he went on official work to Italy, his host (bank) took him to Sonia's native place and the person explained to him how, from a very, very modest lower middle class household, the Mainos have now become aristocracy, owning posh villas and other paraphernalia. I have written about this in detail in this forum itself once or twice in the past. So, you may try to search and locate.

Chidu's son being paid a very huge sum for just changing the logo of one (nationalized bank) was circulated by the bank's employees' union's newsletter. His wife appearing in income-tax department cases and earning crores per year, are also widely known.

Anna and his coterie who have projected him as Gandhi II on the national and international scene may think that Anna is really the rebirth of the original Gandhi but the difference in style and personality are too glaring for many people to believe all that the media tries to make-believe. Anyway, in the coming months we will come to know more.

Last edited:
Dear Yamaka,

I am surprised that you have said this. In all your earlier posts on this topic,You were very concerned with the damage that the country would have suffered if hooligans were allowed to have a free run in the nation's capital. You justified the action of police in arresting Ramdev and in arresting Anna also to prevent this from happening. You were even happy that a national catastrophe has been averted by the police action. You were very supportive of PC for whatever was done by police. Now you are arguing that Anna should have been left to mend for himself when he was fasting instead getting him treated in a private hospital. Say, Anna did not bother about his health and so died due to fasting, what would have happened? What a great display of hypocrisy on your part!! This hypocritical hoopla is much more entertaining than the one we witnessed in Parliament.

Cheers

Dear Raju:

I liked all Political Activism of Anna & Team, except the Suicidal Dance!

I said that local Police has the responsibility to foresee problems of law and order in any place, leave alone in New Delhi, and clamp Section 144 of CrPC, and anyone INTENT to break the Section 144 will be arrested and taken to a local Judicial Magistrate, who decides what to do with the offender... This is what exactly happened with Anna.. I have no complaints there.

What makes me laugh is Anna going to a PRIVATE hospital for treatment! He could have gone to a public hospital or clinic or a Charity Hospital!

My point is that the Corporate Sponsor of the Suicidal Hoopla is the force behind everything!

In Parliamentary Democracy, we always witness political grandstanding - a live entertainment!

Cheers.

ps. During Anna's Suicidal Dance, a team of doctors were monitoring his health constantly... and Delhi Police were waiting for a call for immediate hospitalization if warranted.. There was no imminent danger to Anna's health during that time... what happened AFTER the 13th day was Anna's decision to go to a PRIVATE Hospital, most probably funded by the Corporate Sponsor, I contend.

Last edited:
and, yesterday, the self-styled gandhian left for pune, by liquor baron vijay mallya's king fisher airlines.

looks like this gandhian hates govt owned airlines and hospitals.

with the meager pension, how many retired army truck drivers in india, could afford an air travel in king fisher?

and, yesterday, the self-styled gandhian left for pune, by liquor baron vijay mallya's king fisher airlines.

looks like this gandhian hates govt owned airlines and hospitals.

with the meager pension, how many retired army truck drivers in india, could afford an air travel in king fisher?

i have flown a fair number of airlines from all over the world.

mrs k and self think that kingfisher provides the best service, food and best trained staff.

jai to anna for choosing kingfisher. only the best for our modern day gandhi. ;)

jai mallya!

2nd best? jet airways.

btw what happened to the indian railways. if i remember right, gandhi I used to travel 3rd class in the choo choo trains.

Last edited:
I don't understand why we should find fault with AH for choosing to fly with Kingfisher Airlines.Is it that he should travel by II class compartment of Indian Railways as a Gandhian?

I don't understand why we should find fault with AH for choosing to fly with Kingfisher Airlines.Is it that he should travel by II class compartment of Indian Railways as a Gandhian?

Looking at all the efforts put in by "Team Anna" as the second coming of Gandhi, it looks to me that Anna could have earned a much better reputation by travelling in train, instead of by air. His mobile phone bills are borne in the books of one or the other of his NGOs (see Sawant Committee Report for fuller info) and so even if he is delayed by a couple of days, the sky would not have fallen over Ralegan-Siddhi :)

sadasivam.sridharan, traveling by air is not the problem, but doing so while pretending to be a Gandhian is.

being a padmabushan , govt has given him a 'free' rail-pass to travel in air conditioned coaches or first class.

but i am yet to figure out the need for this self styled gandhian to opt for the corporate sponsored jet set travels.

nara said:
sadasivam.sridharan, traveling by air is not the problem, but doing so while pretending to be a Gandhian is.
shivKC said:
]being a padmabushan , govt has given him a 'free' rail-pass to travel in air conditioned coaches or first class.

but i am yet to figure out the need for this self styled gandhian to opt for the corporate sponsored jet set travels.

I do not see what the big deal is. So he traveled by air. Perhaps, he was pressed for time. It is not as if he flew in his own private jet. It appears to be the case of finding fault for the sake of finding fault.

If I remember correct, there is a quote attributed to Annie Besant regarding Gandhi - on how the cost to maintain his simplicity routinely ended up more expensive than if Gandhi had been not so simple.

கால பைரவன்;95892 said:

I do not see what the big deal is. So he traveled by air. Perhaps, he was pressed for time. It is not as if he flew in his own private jet. It appears to be the case of finding fault for the sake of finding fault.

If I remember correct, there is a quote attributed to Annie Besant regarding Gandhi - on how the cost to maintain his simplicity routinely ended up more expensive than if Gandhi had been not so simple.

Looking at the pretended "Gandhian" lifestyle of AH and the fact that he once too often claims that he is a simple villager owning his bistar and khaane ka plate and nothing else, etc., it is not possible to accept a busy routine which will necessitate his presence somewhere the next day after treatment and discharge from hospital.

It was not Annie Besant (she and MKG had parted ways long before) but Sarojini Naidu who made the remark about how much the Congress Party was spending to keep Gandhi poor!

We do not expect AH to pull such tricks today, in the age twitter, facebook and SMS.

கால பைரவன்;95892 said:

austerity is what gandhi chose to be..

gandhi could have opted finest woolen winter clothes and bata shoes, citing the near zero winter temperatures of delhi or gujarat.

still he lived with hand oven clothes, that too not enough to cover his bare chest and feet.

there is nothing wrong in anna going by air. but when he starts claiming to be a gandhian, he needs to be questioned when ever he deviates!

Y, what do you think about this news: The Hindu : News / National : Air ticket fare saved for NGO: Kiran Bedi

Even if the benefit stayed with the NGO, is this not a dishonest act? Shouldn't the people who voluntarily grab Gandhi's mantle as their own have a higher standard this? Shouldn't such conduct be subject to Jan Lokpal purview also?

Cheers!

Dear Sri "Nara",

The reason given by Ms.Bedi looks rediculous. No one should claim reimbursement of more than what they spend, what ever may be the motive. Even though the entitlement may be legally correct, it is morally incorrect and especially those who fight against corrupt practices should never fall for such temptations. It may amount to moral turpitude.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back