• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Alternative views vs Detrimental criticism

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this post I find the two words Alternative views (AV) and Detrimental criticism (DC), in the context of Brahmin, hindu, Indian, or God, etc. Shri prasad says that this forum has too much of DC against brahmins and all but the proper way is to offer AV and occasional encouragement so as to make the tabra community to change. When I referred the dictionary I found the undernoted meanings for the words detrimental and criticism:

DETRIMENTAL — causing harm or injury, synonyms: damaging, prejudicial
CRITICISM — 1. Disapproval expressed by pointing out faults or shortcomings
2. A serious examination and judgment of something
3. A written evaluation of a work of literature
synonyms: critique, unfavourable judgment.

• My doubt is how do we go about sifting DC from favourable criticism, when criticism by its very nature is supposed to be unfavourable and hence may have the "detrimental" or prejudicial aspect already inborn in it?
  • Let us discuss and decide, for the sake of future guidance of all members, what type of criticism will fall outside the mischief of DC and what all will.
  • How do we provide 'encouragement' for change in our posts?
I humbly request all our members, who are all very erudite and are aware of the type of discussions taking place here, to give their views.

sangom,

per my search, today 37 threads were updated. i counted at the most 4 of them where any discussion about criticizing or reforming our practises were discussed. that is less than 10%.

so i am not sure where prasad feels too much DC against brahmins is being flayed around here.

ofcourse for some, even one thread to introspect, is one thread too many. but then that is them. of late, i noticed a post by swaminatha sarma yesterday. it is good that many traditionalists are coming back to the forum.

my suggestion, as always, is, if you do not like the direction a thread is taking from the bottoms up, then avoid the thread. i am looking forward to a new thread 'Tamils abroad'. from the very start, it is going to discuss, the speed at which we tambrams cast aside our baggage, once we move abroad. no. i should qualify that.. we move to the west. and interestingly, how we revert to even more ardently to our traditions, while we are in the mid east.

should be interesting, but bound to be critical. from both sides.. more so from the traditionalists, because what they feel as betrayal of values. to me, if values were that were fundamentally sound, nobody would depart from it. it is only the shallowness of our hollow practice of rituals, especially when performed in a western settings, perhaps exposes the phoniness of it all along.

so, to sum up re your query: maybe we can all practise a little more politeness and gentleness when expressing our alternate views. to some these will always appear as detrimental criticism. one example: periyar. :)

Dear Shri Sangom,

How do you think the tabra commnuity should change? If you mean it is by going along with the rest of the world it is already happening. Or do you have something else in mind? It is better if you state in what ways the community needs to change?

Dear Shri Sangom,

How do you think the tabra commnuity should change? If you mean it is by going along with the rest of the world it is already happening. Or do you have something else in mind? It is better if you state in what ways the community needs to change?

Shri Sravna,

Me too eagerly expecting practical, pragmatical, logical & constructive suggestions for the expected changes in tabra community, from Shri Sangom, along with you....

Dear Shri Sangom,

Shri Sravna,

I agree that the tabra community as a whole is, and has been, very expert in 'changing with the times and with the rest of the world'. This however applies only to somewhat a median (statistical), though many individuals may be outliers. I personally have no rigid idea/s about how and in what respects tabras should change, though I have had several occasions to point out where something is commonly wrong, as also instances where people, holding views similar to yours, seemed to hold not so correct views.

My purpose in starting this thread is to explore and ascertain what shri Prasad might have had in his mind when he said that we should have alternative views (which I think is an oxymoron) and encouragement. I felt that views from a cross-section of the contributing members will be a salutary step to decide this.

I find that if alternative views are expressed here in this forum, it is more often than not, viewed as DC and the "moral police squad" immediately gets alerted to the highest danger/emergency level and immediately rush under combat mode. So, my request is how do we distinguish alternative views from DC from mere criticism, and how best can encouragement be given, i.e., is encouragement intended for continuance of status quo ante or encouragement for the change/s suggested through AV, mere criticism (and not DC)?

Hope I have made my position clear enough.

Mr. Sangom:

I personally welcome this thread; it seems to indicate your sincere intent to lay down some ground rules as to how best alternative views or criticism can be debated.

Here in lies my basic concern!!

1. I cannot prove the non-existence of religion or God inasmuch as you can prove the existence of it!! Dont you think, if it was possible, that debate would have been settled a long time ago, and with that score settled, the world may be a far better place today!!

2. Religion and God: The presence OR absence of these are our personal business. I should have no business to question your faith (or lack there of) inasmuch as you dont have any business to question mine!! An example: I start a thread in full belief that there is value in going to temples based on my experience and I want to encourage my kids to do the same thing, now, this is my belief and from postings, I believe many people also believed in this. You have every right to feel opposed to it but unless you can contribute how you can encourage our kids to go to temples, I see no value in your questioning the existence of God or religion in this thread!! Now, what is the point of questioning why we must go to the temple? So I believe, within this context, questioning 'why' we must go to temples in this thread to me, is detrimental!!

If you start another thread saying 'How we should encourage our kids not go to temples and it is intended for atheists' it is your prerogative and I have no right to question your belief.

As long as we understand and offer opinions within the parameters of what the question is, without questioning one's foundation of faith, I agree with debates with some decorum.

Peace...

.....Now, what is the point of questioning why we must go to the temple? So I believe, within this context, questioning 'why' we must go to temples in this thread to me, is detrimental!!
Servall, once again a point of clarification, I was the one who raised the "why" question and I did so only to encourage new ways of finding answers to the "how" question. Here is what I said:

"The OP has directed the question to believers, that I am not. So, with due trepidations, may I submit a question that may be swatted away if deemed impertinent. My question is "why", why must we encourage kids to go to temples more? Perhaps possible answers to the "why" question may open up new possibilities for answering the "how" question."

As can be seen, my suggestion was to think outside the box to find answers to the "how" question you posed. I was not raising any questions about your faith or why you have faith. At the time you seemed to have grasped the purport of my post as you said in response the following:

"I was not going to respond to your question as to the ‘why’ part, for, it has never been an issue for me or my family since religion and God have been core to whatever we did and our faith has been unshakable. It is the ‘how’ part that I am more concerned with. I chose to respond only because I believe your question is sincere...."

I have highlighted the sections of the texts that are particularly germane to the stand you are taking now, namely, raising the "why" question in your thread was detrimental, the one that you noted as sincere question at that time. As you see, I was quite deferential to your intended purpose and I took your post as an encouragement for further discussion of the question.

Perhaps people not wanting to hear certain points of view must clearly state their wish, this will help us decide which posts to respond to and which posts to stay clear of. Not doing this is probably one of the reasons why an AV, seen as AV by the "other side" in real time, somehow transforms into DC over a period of time. For some others, all AV is seen as indirect or cloaked DC. In other words, the only outcome satisfactory to the "other" side is the complete silencing of contrary voices.

Cheers!

Perhaps people not wanting to hear certain points of view must clearly state their wish, this will help us decide which posts to respond to and which posts to stay clear of. Not doing this is probably one of the reasons why an AV, seen as AV by the "other side" in real time, somehow transforms into DC over a period of time. For some others, all AV is seen as indirect or cloaked DC. In other words, the only outcome satisfactory to the "other" side is the complete silencing of contrary voices.

Cheers!

Even among friends and family members there are differences. But the moment it becomes us versus "other" it crosses the boundary. Then it is not among friends. Then the suggestions is a challenge. When one has a stated position of destroying brahmins and to that extent glorify a brahmin hater, I have no use of that person, or his ideas. So please spare us the lecture because we can see the intent. When a thread says help me a believer to raise my kid as a believer, that too from other believers please dont lecture me that I am wrong, and should be ashamed of asking my kids to go to a wrong place. It is like Mulla coming to a Christian revival and preaching the ills of Christian religion and telling that the kids should be sent to Mosque instead.

I have come to a support group, I expect support, not to be beaten up by the local boss.

Last edited:
Dear All, I feel that the A.V. and D.C. are 2 different aspects , and projecting them, together- for elucidating opinions would either confuse members or would provide wide field to bat , without any boundary. I request you to change the topic suitably , so thst all views , expected to be received, could pave way for making an ultimate decision by the Moderators, in the larger interest of T.N community.

A.Srinivasan ( Rishikesan

sangom,

per my search, today 37 threads were updated. i counted at the most 4 of them where any discussion about criticizing or reforming our practises were discussed. that is less than 10%.

so, to sum up re your query: maybe we can all practise a little more politeness and gentleness when expressing our alternate views. to some these will always appear as detrimental criticism. one example: periyar. :)

Statistics and lies, it is all in the interpretation.
The contentions are generally in the general category, So your population is wrong.
You also nailed the original bone of contention. We have never been in tamil Nadu, and we do not believe in any birth based division.
But with the same token I do not believe in blaming an entire class for some crime committed by some person of that class.

There are poor people all over the world, to say that Brahmin caused the poverty of The indian is less than intelligent. Mr. Sangom and Mr. Kunjuppu you did not question that statement, just because of this 'us' vs 'others'.

Any time a self respecting Indian raises a question about the credibility of some European concept about India, it is shot down as unproven, far fetched or down right lie. Most of the concepts by the Europeans, is biased, their motives should also be questioned. To say that internet is full of unproven data and words written down by crooks in books should not be questioned is wrong.

In this post I find the two words Alternative views (AV) and Detrimental criticism (DC), in the context of Brahmin, hindu, Indian, or God, etc. Shri prasad says that this forum has too much of DC against brahmins and all but the proper way is to offer AV and occasional encouragement so as to make the tabra community to change. When I referred the dictionary I found the undernoted meanings for the words detrimental and criticism:

DETRIMENTAL — causing harm or injury, synonyms: damaging, prejudicial
CRITICISM — 1. Disapproval expressed by pointing out faults or shortcomings
2. A serious examination and judgment of something
3. A written evaluation of a work of literature
synonyms: critique, unfavourable judgment.
  • My doubt is how do we go about sifting DC from favourable criticism, when criticism by its very nature is supposed to be unfavourable and hence may have the "detrimental" or prejudicial aspect already inborn in it?
  • Let us discuss and decide, for the sake of future guidance of all members, what type of criticism will fall outside the mischief of DC and what all will.
  • How do we provide 'encouragement' for change in our posts?
I humbly request all our members, who are all very erudite and are aware of the type of discussions taking place here, to give their views.

First detrimental thing to tell one is that the person was born born in the wrong country,religion, or family. I did not have a choice. My birth was not responsible for my country being poor. I contribute to the betterment of my country person to the best of my ability, and I expects others to do the same.

We all come to support group with expectation of sharing our experiences, and in the process learn from that. None of us are dumb to be lectured down. I guess we do not know how harsh our methods of disciplining or admonishing is till we go to these sensitivity training.
I do not claim to know the right way, but I always put myself in the shoes of other person before I say some thing, or express as if I am in that situation.

Refer Sangom's post #5:

I find that if alternative views are expressed here in this forum, it is more often than not, viewed as DC and the "moral police squad" immediately gets alerted to the highest danger/emergency level and immediately rush under combat mode. So, my request is how do we distinguish alternative views from DC from mere criticism, and how best can encouragement be given, .......

Not to be added to the category of DC I would have worded the quoted sentences this way:

I find that if alternative views are expressed here in this forum, it is more often than not viewed as DC and some members post here very critical comments on such views. So my request is how do we distinguish alternative views from DC from mere criticism and how best can encouragement be given.........

My point is that we need not succumb to the temptation to use detrimental criticism even while exploring possibilities to avoid it.

This post is certainly not intended as a judgment on any one's ability to use English language correctly/effectively.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Shri Sravna,

I agree that the tabra community as a whole is, and has been, very expert in 'changing with the times and with the rest of the world'. This however applies only to somewhat a median (statistical), though many individuals may be outliers. I personally have no rigid idea/s about how and in what respects tabras should change, though I have had several occasions to point out where something is commonly wrong, as also instances where people, holding views similar to yours, seemed to hold not so correct views.

My purpose in starting this thread is to explore and ascertain what shri Prasad might have had in his mind when he said that we should have alternative views (which I think is an oxymoron) and encouragement. I felt that views from a cross-section of the contributing members will be a salutary step to decide this.

I find that if alternative views are expressed here in this forum, it is more often than not, viewed as DC and the "moral police squad" immediately gets alerted to the highest danger/emergency level and immediately rush under combat mode. So, my request is how do we distinguish alternative views from DC from mere criticism, and how best can encouragement be given, i.e., is encouragement intended for continuance of status quo ante or encouragement for the change/s suggested through AV, mere criticism (and not DC)?

Hope I have made my position clear enough.

If I have a forum for the "advancement of India", I can accept opinions of all political parties, all religious groups, and regions of India, as long as all accept that Stable India as a goal. I am not willing to include the "indian Mujaheddin" or "Khalistan group" in that forum as their stated goal is to destabilize India. It is not oxymoron.

Also if the person stating makes it clear that he/she hated Brahmins their opinion does not count. I understand the position of the site owner to keep an open forum, but I am sure he would not want a spammer, a mischief monger, a terrorist in his forum.
An alternative view by you Mr. Sangom is like a suggestion from a loved uncle. An alternative view from a brahmin hater is detrimental. It is the motive and personal bias that matters. Mr. Sangom in your own words you are a agnostic theist (what ever that means), you may not believe in a Creator God. Hinduism gives you that option. But you have to admit that for others the word God has different meaning. You will not state that others should not go to Temple, or sould not expect their children to go to Temple. I myself go to Temple when I feel. But how others do it is there business. I would not show off my superior knowledge and proclaim that "going to temple is not smart". That show off is detrimental. How many proof you need? I can keep going.

Shri Prasad,

As you have stated in your previous post #13, I had few real life experiences through some people whom I know personally. They say, talking openly with all honesty in favor of GOD and frequenting temple is not the paradigm of progressive people, in this present world. If done so, they will be considered as lazy,meek, week etc. Thus they would keep such belief personal and would not only refrain from disclosing their belief in God and penchant of visiting temples but would not talk in this favor too..

Shri Prasad,

As you have stated in your previous post #13, I had few real life experiences through some people whom I know personally. They say, talking openly with all honesty in favor of GOD and frequenting temple is not the paradigm of progressive people, in this present world. If done so, they will be considered as lazy,meek, week etc. Thus they would keep such belief personal and would not only refrain from disclosing their belief in God and penchant of visiting temples but would not talk in this favor too..

I am not ashamed to admit that I have been involved in building temples. I take great pride in being part of Hindu culture where ever we have been. I am an advita follower, and a Kabir punthy but I also see the importance of moorty for others.

Here is my view on why the change has to be with the other side.

I find in my experience with this forum, more often than not there is only putting down of hinduism and no real alternative views. To my knowledge no one has ever explained how the present, is a more evolved era than the past. Do not show me the scientific and technological advancements. Do you think our ancestors couldn't have accomplished that? The fact is they had their priorities right. They gave importance for mental discipline. Your scientific inventions and discoveries are a child's play then. My suggestion is there is no real reason to be blinded by accomplishments that are grossly overvalued and in the process belittle our own wisdom that has lasting value. Let's learn to recognize our own strengths instead of trying to live on alien wisdom.

Also if the person stating makes it clear that he/she hated Brahmins their opinion does not count. I understand the position of the site owner to keep an open forum, but I am sure he would not want a spammer, a mischief monger, a terrorist in his forum.

I am in complete agreement that the moment Shri Praveen indicates that I or people holding views similar to mine, are not appreciated here, I will quit; of course Shri Praveen can ban me as well. I am reporting this post to him so that he may let us know his decision in the matter.

An alternative view by you Mr. Sangom is like a suggestion from a loved uncle. An alternative view from a brahmin hater is detrimental. It is the motive and personal bias that matters.
This is probably the difficulty. It is not the views as such which are considered but who gives the view. As long as members continue this bias, they will not be able to appreciate "views" by themselves, but as so-and-so's views only. I will request all members here to come out of such a mindset.

Mr. Sangom in your own words you are a agnostic theist (what ever that means), you may not believe in a Creator God. Hinduism gives you that option. But you have to admit that for others the word God has different meaning. You will not state that others should not go to Temple, or sould not expect their children to go to Temple. I myself go to Temple when I feel. But how others do it is there business. I would not show off my superior knowledge and proclaim that "going to temple is not smart". That show off is detrimental. How many proof you need? I can keep going.
Here was a thread asking how best kids can be enthused to take interest in temple visits and though I may be agnostic, or agnostic-theist, this problem is for many people and what little I knew on the topic I have written. If what I write is not pleasing or acceptable to any reader or the original poster, he can very well ignore it and refrain from responding to it.

Why is it that some members want the Forum to be as per their specifications? Is it a case of inability to perform their role as members in a set-up in which contrarian views are also allowed to be expressed? Does it not smack of bigotry? Look at it from the opposite side — they also find views contrary to their own being freely expressed here but they do not seem to get so offended as the theist members, at least some of them, seem to do. But here you seem to be taking offence at any view other than what you will like to hear.

I think the problem can be solved only if Shri Praveen makes this forum exclusively for the "believers", expels all the non-conformists and makes this as the aim of this forum.

I think the problem can be solved only if Shri Praveen makes this forum exclusively for the "believers", expels all the non-conformists and makes this as the aim of this forum.

i think the breakaway forum that had this 'exclusive for believers' just died. see many of the old folks trickling in :) back here.

i am not crowing about anything, but just making an observation.

sangom, i think, when erudition and logic is lacking, one questions the validity of your presence here. just for that reason alone, you should stick around, and like me, be a thorn to some, and unlike me, be an inspiration to many.

the world is changing fast. it is not surprising that many have fond wishes of future, family, hopes on sons, and a comfortable retirement based on living off son/dil - all these dreams crushed to the ground. this is not only older folks, but many agewise young but mindwise 'high in numbers'.

hopefully, with the passage of time, and after having discovered, that the world did not come to an end and go kuttichevaru, these too would knowingly or unknowingly, modify their attitudes. it has happened all the time. i have lost count of my relations, angry young men then, now wisely sage and accommodating to whatever the world evolves.

God Bless. everyone here :)

Last edited:

Prasadji,

How do i know that you are not a spammer, mischief monger, a terrorist or an ex-member who has joined again to cause some headaches for us all? Even if you say you are not a mischief monger or a spammer, why should i believe you.?

You must also remember, the person you and i call a Terrorist is seen as a saviour/god in someone else's eyes.

So, please stop with this nonsense type posts. If you find someone else's views are not in tune with yours, do not participate in that discussion and move on with something else. There are other topics available to discuss. Alternatively, take a break, deep breath and then come back.

I think the problem can be [FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=#da7911 !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=#da7911 !important][FONT=inherit !important]solved[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/FONT] only if Shri Praveen makes this forum exclusively for the "believers", expels all the non-conformists and makes this as the aim of this forum.

I am not ashamed to say that i did make a mistake of naming this forum as tamilbrahmins.com. maybe i should have said, openmindedbrahmins.com or something else.

THIS FORUM IS FOR EVERYONE - GOD BELIEVERS, GOD HATERS, BRAHMINS, NON-BRAHMINS (who want to know more about us and who sympathize with us), YOUNG, OLD AND ANYTHING ELSE THAT CAN BE ADDED HERE.

Why is it that some members want the Forum to be as per their specifications? Is it a case of inability to perform their role as members in a set-up in which contrarian views are also allowed to be expressed? Does it not smack of bigotry? Look at it from the opposite side — they also find views contrary to their own being freely expressed here but they do not seem to get so offended as the theist members, at least some of them, seem to do. But here you seem to be taking offence at any view other than what you will like to hear.

Oh yes, why does a tamilbrahmins.com website should talk only praises about brahmins... do we not have the right to question what has been said hundreds of years ago.. Why does people take offence when things are questioned, gods are questioned.
those who are offended about questions related to god, have they seen one to be so damn sure that he or she exists? Asking for proof that god does exist or not is not blasphemy. We are born to question everything so why should we take things (what our ancestors) on their face value. what was true 500 years ago need not be true now. likewise what is true today will be proven false tomorrow.

How does one know Lord Ganesha truly had a elephant's head? The ancient text that was written, can it not be something like a harry potter tale?

What is wrong in questioning? be it god or be it traditions. So, just because someone said something 1000 yrs ago, are you going to just blindly follow it? please, give me a break....

I have never told this in the forum before, but i do not believe in god. before 1997, i used to go to temples, pray and do everything as a normal brahmin would.

I am born into an very orthodox family circle and i saw god in everything and everywhere. But one day, i just could not do it. I mean, for good or bad, people go to god. But then god did not do anything for me. I worked, i studied and i got the results. but then why should i give the credit to someone whom i have never met and probably someone whom i am never going to meet.

The number of people who has said they have seen god is very very very very less compared to those who are still searching for one.

So i guess i have all the right to say, i will believe in god when i see one.

likewise, the same goes for tradition and rituals. i could go on, trust me. I have not said much in the last 4/5 years even though we have a lot of topics. But people immediately brand this site as x or y. What i am is personal. What this site is different. My personal views, till now, has not been enforced at all nor has played any part whatsoever in shaping this website. If i had wanted, i could have. But then i am not that kind of a person to force my beliefs on someone or something.

so, for everyone questioning other's motives or this site's or this site owners, give us a break. This has remained an open forum with freedom of speech and that is not going to change anytime sooner or in the foreseeable future. People have the right to question things - whatever it is.

If i do not believe in god and can put up 2 paragraphs of text for it, as a god believer someone else should be able to put up 2 or more paragraphs.

But that does not mean, they can start a veiled or a direct personal attack or ask member B to quit the forum because this is a brahmins only forum.

This website is for people who wants to know more about the brahmin way of life, for those who want to know why something was done in one way and not in another, for those who want to know if something is still valid in today's world, for those who can accept alternative views and take it in their stride, for those who can maintain in a decency when things go controversial and def for those who can think!

Last edited:
i think the forum that had this 'exclusive for believers' just died. see many of the old folks trickling in :)

i am not crowing about anything, but just making an observation.

sangom, i think, when erudition and logic is lacking, one questions the validity of your presence here. just for that reason alone, you should stick around, and like me, be a thorn to some, and unlike me, be an inspiration to many.

the world is changing fast. it is not surprising that many have fond wishes of future, family, hopes on sons, and a comfortable retirement based on living off son/dil - all these dreams crushed to the ground. this is not only older folks, but many agewise young but mindwise 'high in numbers'.

hopefully, with the passage of time, and after having discovered, that the world did not come to an end and go kuttichevaru, these too would knowingly or unknowingly, modify their attitudes. it has happened all the time. i have lost count of my relations, angry young men then, now wisely sage and accommodating to whatever the world evolves.

God Bless. everyone here :)

Dear Shri Kunjuppu,

Thank you for the nice and timely post. I am not into any backslapping, but your remark "unlike me, be an inspiration to many", is factual; many here including myself, simply envy your style of writing. I know I can never come up to that standard.

I can understand, somewhat well, the mindset of the people who feel uncomfortable with any idea, in respect of religion and matters religious, except what they have been always told by their parents/elders, gurus/swamijis, and pravacanakartas, etc. For them, religion is a great artwork of crystal, extremely magnificent but equally fragile. The mere reading of some contrarian views will be sufficient for their religious faith to develop deep cracks. I agree, this comes out because of their not having taken the effort to read more and more of the original scriptures, understand their exact meaning and how some of these have been discarded altogether, etc.

But some of these fire-brand religionists may change completely if their children take to some different line of thinking.

Sangom in post # 18:

This is probably the difficulty. It is not the views as such which are considered but who gives the view. As long as members continue this bias, they will not be able to appreciate "views" by themselves, but as so-and-so's views only. I will request all members here to come out of such a mindset.

and in post #5:

I find that if alternative views are expressed here in this forum, it is more often than not, viewed as DC and the "moral police squad" immediately gets alerted to the highest danger/emergency level and immediately rush under combat mode. So, my request is how do we distinguish alternative views from DC from mere criticism, and how best can encouragement be given, .......

Is Mr. Sangom not guilty of the same attitude/mindset that he criticises in his post #18 when we read his post #5 where he is critical of the people (by calling them 'moral police squad') than their views? And to me for this very reason his exhortation that "I will request all members here to come out of such a mindset" sounds hollow.

Cheers.

Mr. Praveen,
You chose to reply to me but the quotes are not from my post. And in my post I was giving similes. The original post by Mr. Sangom was directed towards me by name. You as the administrator, is assumed to be impartial, but you expect me to not post to a direct question to me?

If you think that when someone says that Brahmins caused the entire India to be poor, I do feel that I can question that. Similarly someone says that Hindu Temples should be demolished or the person demolishing should be revered that person must be questioned. But like you said it is your site and you can decide how you want to run it.

I am surprised to see Kunjuppu, and Sangom congratulating each other as if they won the mindset if the entire world, please do not break your arm in trying to pat your own back. LOL

This a forum to discuss and learn, not winning for your side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back