• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

73 ragas

I watched this when a friend forwarded from a whatsapp group. Would someone familiar with the ragas be able to comment on the quality of each rendition, please. I like him as a person, his skills and his effortless responses:)

As a music promotor and a disciple of music maestro Dr. S. Ramanathan, I would like to comment!

Abby is excellent in bringing out the essence of each rāgam so effortlessly! A worthy disciple of Ra Ga sisters (Smt. Ranjani and Smt. Gayatri).

He remembers either the ārōhaNam and avarōhaNām / a popular song in that particular rāgam, to give a quick response!

BTW, these are NOT mēLakarthā rāgams, as one the WhatsApp forwards say!

As a music promotor and a disciple of music maestro Dr. S. Ramanathan, I would like to comment!

Abby is excellent in bringing out the essence of each rāgam so effortlessly! A worthy disciple of Ra Ga sisters (Smt. Ranjani and Smt. Gayatri).

He remembers either the ārōhaNam and avarōhaNām / a popular song in that particular rāgam, to give a quick response!

I am glad to know that you are a disciple of Dr.S.Ramanathan. Our South Indian carnatic music is exhilarating and spiritually elevating. Some ragas are deep and sublime. I thought it would benefit music lovers to hear all the melakarta alapanas. My earlier response is only a suggestion. Thanks.

Thank you. Will treasure this video.

Latest ads

Back