• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

‘Only aunties wear sarees? Ridiculous!’

Status
Not open for further replies.
i for one think vidya balan is an immensely talented lady...also glad she is one of those women in mainstream cinema who does not belong to the majority category of actresses (ie, dumb bimbos capable of only doing glam or sexy roles).

the casting depends on the director. all actors and actresses cannot pair with all.

my all time favorites featuring vidya balan are parineeta and kahani. i thot she was awesome, esp in parineeta.

i don't really understand sabyasachi's designs (whats that with a full sleeve blouse most of the time)....am one of those who is a big zero wrt anything on designs, designers, fashion...so maybe its natural for folks like me to like vidya balan...wud rather look up to talent alone anyday than clothing

YES!!! Only aunties wear sarees.. Many young girls of today want to wear only "sarees in a sexy way".

Much below the hip, revealing her naval; transparent pallu/Thalappu that can reveal her stomach & her firmly fitted low cut blouse and a sleeveless blouse with a very big window at the back!!

Off course, that looks nice!!

i for one think vidya balan is an immensely talented lady...also glad she is one of those women in mainstream cinema who does not belong to the majority category of actresses (ie, dumb bimbos capable of only doing glam or sexy roles).

the casting depends on the director. all actors and actresses cannot pair with all.

my all time favorites featuring vidya balan are parineeta and kahani. i thot she was awesome, esp in parineeta.

i don't really understand sabyasachi's designs (whats that with a full sleeve blouse most of the time)....am one of those who is a big zero wrt anything on designs, designers, fashion...so maybe its natural for folks like me to like vidya balan...wud rather look up to talent alone anyday than clothing

I too like Vidya Balan ever since I saw her in an ad long ago!
I am unhappy that she allows herself to be put at a disadvantage.
One must use one's own judgement and not just be carried away by big names!

Oh! Come on dear Sis! Only youth and NO old age. I saw a 'kutti chuttis' show recently. One kutty fellow

showed an old lady and said she is his 'ammA'! Then he pointed out to a young lady and said she is his

'mummy'! So, many pAttis do not want to be called pAtti by the grand-kids! They wish to be 'mArkandEyis'. :lol:

P.S: Kunjuppu Sir will know that many KLB children call their pAttis as 'ammamA'. ammamA...... sigh!!

(KLB = Kerala brahmin)

since i was brought up in badagara by my maternal grandparents (parents were so poor that they could not afford baby food for me - true) for the first 3 years of my life - my grand parents were vadai (short for vadakara) amma and appa.

needless to say, this caused lot of ribbing etc..dosai amma, adai amma and what not.. :)

my sis and maternal cousins, reverted to ammamma and appappa.

the paternal grandparents were gone long ago - dad was born posthumous, his mom died when he was three years old.

YES!!! Only aunties wear sarees.. Many young girls of today want to wear only "sarees in a sexy way".

Much below the hip, revealing her naval; transparent pallu/Thalappu that can reveal her stomach & her firmly fitted low cut blouse and a sleeveless blouse with a very big window at the back!!

Off course, that looks nice!!

What used to be windows have long since become doors and foot ball fields.

Take a look yourself!

deepika-jpg_121558.jpg

Even this talented star!!!

vidya-jpg_081728.jpg

Everything is held in place by a couple of magical strings!!!
Hope no itchy finger comes close enough to do any mischief.

Even this talented star!!!

vidya-jpg_081728.jpg

Everything is held in place by a couple of magical strings!!!
Hope no itchy finger comes close enough to do any mischief.

aaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! the possibilities that you suggest visa.. i can go on a reverie on that alone and spend a pleasant little while..get that itchy finger NOW :)

Asin's sari is so simple and attractive. I have been toying with the idea of getting a Kerala Kasavu sari since I saw her....but still doubtful as I'm not mallu!

Asin's sari is so simple and attractive. I have been toying with the idea of getting a Kerala Kasavu sari since I saw her....but still doubtful as I'm not mallu!

you'll look good in it amala. :) go for it. and send us here a pix

aaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! the possibilities that you suggest visa.. i can go on a reverie on that alone and spend a pleasant little while..get that itchy finger NOW :)

I never knew it is so easy to please you - just with words leading you to your fantasy land! :cool:

In the 1960, a college student - a girl from Ceylon - was wearing a blouse similar to the one Asin wears in #58.

She was bending down to pickup something. One itchy fingered boy held half a blade in the right place, right position and right time.

One moment she was clothed. Next moment her blouse fell off since she was bending and you can imagine the sight better than I can explain.

For your info I myself was (is???) an itchy fingered imp!

I used to pinch my close friends and I earned the nickname Killi VaLavan
the name of (I think) a PaaNdian king! :laugh:

since i was brought up in badagara by my maternal grandparents (parents were so poor that they could not afford baby food for me - true) for the first 3 years of my life - my grand parents were vadai (short for vadakara) amma and appa.

needless to say, this caused lot of ribbing etc..dosai amma, adai amma and what not.. :)

my sis and maternal cousins, reverted to ammamma and appappa.

the paternal grandparents were gone long ago - dad was born posthumous, his mom died when he was three years old.

I am sorry to hear this brief outline. But that explains why your parents could not afford baby food,
Why you father was very strict with you and several other things besides.

you'll look good in it amala. :) go for it. and send us here a pix

I used to have many Malayaali friends while I was working. I used to wear the two piece dress with matching blouse the mundu and thundu ( thaavanai) just as they did. It was very convenient and looked cute too!

In Gita Krishna says,

mattah parataram nanyat kincid asti dhananjaya

mayi sarvam idam protam Sutre maNigaNa iva

(Chapter 7 verse 7)

Krishna is the thread holding together the entire creation.

We have to believe Him after seeing so many lovely things

held in place merely by the magical strings! :hail:

In Gita Krishna says,

mattah parataram nanyat kincid asti dhananjaya

mayi sarvam idam protam Sutre maNigaNa iva

(Chapter 7 verse 7)

Krishna is the thread holding together the entire creation.

We have to believe Him after seeing so many lovely things

held in place merely by the magical strings! :hail:

i would like to be around, whenever Kr lets go of the magical strings that hold up Vidya Balan's cholis .. or even settle with Nayantara ;)

.. btw no offence meant to Kr bhaktas. :)

One guy went 100 times to a movie and the watchman was so amazed that this guy is never tired of seeing

the movie with a horrible story! He asked that guy why he sees all the shows on all the days. That guy told,

'See! One woman takes a dip in the pool, with a single piece of cloth on and just as she starts to remove it

a stupid train crosses fast! When the train is gone she is already inside the pool. I am trying my luck every

day but not ONCE has the train arrived a few seconds later!! :becky:

Vogue's Best Dressed: Sari special
Even without any big Bollywood weddings to open 2013, a whole lot of celebrities are choosing the sari over a gown for their red carpet appearances this year.
Traditional threads - In Sabyasachi after Sabyasachi, Vidya Balan showed off her exhaustive repertoire of traditional silks six-yard staples by the Kolkata designer, even making a cotton sari look red carpet appropriate.
Sexy sheer sari - The ethnic equivalent of a glamorous evening gown is the embellished sheer sari. No wonder it’s a Bollywood favourite! We had more Sabyasachis, but sheer ones this time, on Kajol, Sridevi and Jacqueline Fernandes.
Printed parade - The quirky printed sari became really popular by the end of 2012 and judging from what we’ve seen in the last few months, that trend is not going to die down anytime soon. Masaba’s prints in particular found many fans.
Modern touches - Manish Malhotra has given his saris a younger, trendier vibe this season by using neon accents, as seen on Priyanka Chopra and Kajol at his 100 Years of Cinema Mumbai fashion week show in March.

15DSC_0998.jpg

Kajol in Sabyasachi

i would like to be around, whenever Kr lets go of the magical strings that hold up Vidya Balan's cholis .. or even settle with Nayantara ;)

.. btw no offence meant to Kr bhaktas. :)

Forget Kr bhaktas. What would Mrs K say or SRK aka Mr VB for that matter!:behindsofa:

2738d1369515614-only-aunties-wear-sarees-ridiculous-15dsc_0998.jpg

I am glad that Aurangzeb is NOT our King! Otherwise, what will be the fate of the saree maker?

Remember the 'muslin cloth' story? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back