• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

What are the sins one will face if he kills a brahmin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question was deviated and answers concluded that garuda purana should be read near the dying person. I myself deny this. When a person is I death bed Vishnu sahasranama should be read. After th death that from 1 to 13 days garuda puranam should be read. Not only you nobody can reach the knowledge of acharyas. I am not talking about prophet.

It was pretty evident you said that GP should be read at the bedside of dying person!LOL

Anyway most of us prefer reading of Bhagavad Geeta from 1st to 13th days..a Hindu Priest from Rishikesh who works here recommends this to everyone cos he said it will have good effect for both the deceased and the relatives.

Yes..you are right..no one can reach the level of Archaryas..that is why some still choose to grade divine personalities.

Glad that you have done some introspection.

BTW GP induces fear...we do not need fear for auto correction..one needs to understand the process of birth and death and not be told tales of Kirmibhojanam or Kumbipakam.

If one is an Ambi surely he would lead a good life and have good karma after death too..a True Ambi would not need fear to make him behave.

If one is a Remo an enjoys sensual pleasure..than he should have the guts to face the consequences if any.

After all some Puranas do claim that those with good Karma enjoy roaming around in aerial cars and frolicking with Apsaras in heaven(almost like Islam where one enjoys with 72 virgins)...

So if one can be a Remo in heaven..why not be a Remo on earth?

At least for sure one can enjoy life on earth..God knows what happens after death.

If one wants to lead life with acute fear of sin..one only becomes an Anniyan!LOL

Last edited:
It was pretty evident you said that GP should be read at the bedside of dying person!LOL

Anyway most of us prefer reading of Bhagavad Geeta from 1st to 13th days..a Hindu Priest from Rishikesh who works here recommends this to everyone cos he said it will have good effect for both the deceased and the relatives.

Yes..you are right..no one can reach the level of Archaryas..that is why some still choose to grade divine personalities.

Glad that you have done some introspection.

BTW GP induces fear...we do not need fear for auto correction..one needs to understand the process of birth and death and not be told tales of Kirmibhojanam or Kumbipakam.

If one is an Ambi surely he would lead a good life and have good karma after death too..a True Ambi would not need fear to make him behave.

If one is a Remo an enjoys sensual pleasure..than he should have the guts to face the consequences if any.

After all some Puranas do claim that those with good Karma enjoy roaming around in aerial cars and frolicking with Apsaras in heaven(almost like Islam where one enjoys with 72 virgins)...

So if one can be a Remo in heaven..why not be a Remo on earth?

At least for sure one can enjoy life on earth..God knows what happens after death.

If one wants to lead life with fear of sin..one only becomes an Anniyan!

Why quoting from celluloid Maya? The universe itself is a maya. One who reads GP will have fear to some extent not our politicians--

No one actually need fear.

It is still undecided as to who is a "brahmin". When, we cannot decide in tb forum, how can residents of yamaloka or naraka be able to decide?

So all punishments are in abeyance! :)

Why quoting from celluloid Maya? The universe itself is a maya. One who reads GP will have fear to some extent not our politicians--

The Universe itself is Maya...so its inclusive of even celluloid Maya Membsaab.

I have read GP...but I do not have any fear of anything.

I only fear cockroach!LOL

Seriously..why fear my actions...if I do wrong..let me pay for it...cos otherwise all the Yama Dutas wont have a job in Jahannam....how will they survive unemployment?

Have you thought of the plight of Yama Dutas?

No one actually need fear.

It is still undecided as to who is a "brahmin". When, we cannot decide in tb forum, how can residents of yamaloka or naraka be able to decide?

So all punishments are in abeyance! :)

Go thru the chain replies---already decided who is a Brahmin--Residents of yamaloka can decide in fraction of a second who is Brahmin and non Brahmin - chitragupta maintains account and they can decide asap not like me and you. LOL

Brahmin is adored as the epitome of sacrifice his life for the sake of others.Previously he considered all living beings as god and never hurt anyone. He was the knower of Brahman and the knower of vedas which made the people prosper because of him. That is why whomever who live for the sake of others like a cow and Brahmin is considered as killing them as one of the five grave sins. Now a days just like periyar every body is saying "If you see Brahmin and a Snake , leve the snake but kill the Brahmin" (Just for Joke):lalala:

Go thru the chain replies---already decided who is a Brahmin--Residents of yamaloka can decide in fraction of a second who is Brahmin and non Brahmin - chitragupta maintains account and they can decide asap not like me and you. LOL

Who decided? you, me or chitragupta?

"who is a brahmin" is an eternal question that will perhaps outlive brahman itself ... :)

Census Chitragupta, a new post can be given. Yama is a Brahmin or not? Since He is the son of Surya, he should be a warrior . Most of the times Brahmins are born through kshatriya clan , will they be considered Brahmin?...How will this can be done through birth?..Ony merit holds good by following the Brahma vidhya or is it our Vidi (i.e., Destiny?)More confusion arises.

My question was deviated and answers concluded that garuda purana should be read near the dying person. I myself deny this. When a person is I death bed Vishnu sahasranama should be read. After th death that from 1 to 13 days garuda puranam should be read. Not only you nobody can reach the knowledge of acharyas. I am not talking about prophet.
Dear Sir,

You wrote earlier that Garuda puranam should be read near a dying person and I wrote that I have not seen anyone doing so!

Now you are contradicting your own statement. :cool:

Dear Sir,

You wrote earlier that Garuda puranam should be read near a dying person and I wrote that I have not seen anyone doing so!

So what is the punishment for wrongly stating the time of reading Garuda Puranam?

Only Anniyan can answer!LOL

........... Now a days just like pe**ar every body is saying "If you see Brahmin and a Snake , leve the snake but kill the Brahmin" (Just for Joke)
FYI: The reformer (in caps in the quote) is the one-who-must-not-be-named, in our dear forum. :nono:

P.S: I still remember the funny translation by one of our members as 'Big River'. :lol:

Brahmin is adored as the epitome of sacrifice his life for the sake of others.Previously he considered all living beings as god and never hurt anyone. He was the knower of Brahman and the knower of vedas which made the people prosper because of him. That is why whomever who live for the sake of others like a cow and Brahmin is considered as killing them as one of the five grave sins. Now a days just like periyar every body is saying "If you see Brahmin and a Snake , leve the snake but kill the Brahmin" (Just for Joke):lalala:

You yourself are degrading brahmins then why don't others. is not a joke a serious one---that is why nobody believe brahmins

Dear Sir,

he question was diverted by you people. I want to instigate about GP.

Census Chitragupta, a new post can be given. Yama is a Brahmin or not? Since He is the son of Surya, he should be a warrior . Most of the times Brahmins are born through kshatriya clan , will they be considered Brahmin?...How will this can be done through birth?..Ony merit holds good by following the Brahma vidhya or is it our Vidi (i.e., Destiny?)More confusion arises.
First understand the Hindu a--Yama is the son of Yudishtra That is why he is yamdharma rajan. Karna is surya's son. Arguing with you is waste of time.

Who decided? you, me or chitragupta?

"who is a brahmin" is an eternal question that will perhaps outlive brahman itself ... :)
The yama chitragupta and the doothas will decide about Brahmins why you are bothered? Again the kadi joke.

First understand the Hindu a--Yama is the son of Yudishtra That is why he is yamdharma rajan. Karna is surya's son. Arguing with you is waste of time.
Yama is the father of Yudhishthira, according to Veda Vyasa. :)

-Yama is the son of Yudishtra That is why he is yamdharma rajan.

correction it is the vice versa - and that's why he is Dharmaputra.
Yama, Yamuna and Shani are Soorya's children.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by imrps

When somebody in the family is in death bed we should read as per the purana. Simply read for your knowledge sake .

Dear Sir,

You had written this...can you kindly explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back