• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Holiday for Kabali release!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]இரண்டு நாட்களாய் முகநூலில் வந்த அனைத்து விமரிசனங்களையும் படித்துவிட்டு.. இரண்டுவித மனநிலையில் இன்று கபாலி படம் பார்த்தாகி விட்டது..... ..........[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]தன்னைப் பிடிக்காதவர்களைக் கூட.. தன்னைப் பற்றியே பேச வைப்பதுதான் இவர் செய்த மகத்தான சாதனை.[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]-கமல்ஹாசன்[/FONT]
I had a doubt whether Kamal would be so mean to comment like this!!

After a few minutes of surfing I found this page written by one Pravin Kumar James.

Source:
இரண்டு நாட்களாய் முகநூலில் வந்த....

One sentence says it all "[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]சாதனைகள்.. [/FONT][FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]சொல்லப் படுவதில்லை. [/FONT][FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]செய்யப் படுகின்றன." [/FONT]Great Kamal Sir! You only could have said that Hats off!!!
These are NOT be the words written by Kamal! :nono:

hi

malayalam movies more matured and audiences are more matured.. in my child hood...i watched a lot of malayalam

movies in kerala....my 2 cents...

Does changing climax according to the popularity of Hero come under maturity? Malayalam movie goers are as masala as any other movie goer from other States.

hi

i used to watch movies in 60s/70s even 80s....but i never watched any movies after 90s.....i dont like to watch any movies

of any heros/heroines....now i feel ...i dont want waste my energy/time/money for this....so im not much interested in

any kind of movies....my 2 cents...

This is a normal thing. People who belong to Shivaja/MGR era will definitely not like the present day cinema, even the films of Rajni and Kamalahassan. It is only change of generation.

To see the movie Kabali in peace, we should go to a theater in Boston!

For the matinee show, the number of audience were 6, including Ram and me!

Some of the aspects I liked in this movie are these:

1. No duet songs in which Rajini dances with a heroine, looking like his grand daughter. :)

2. Fights are not lo.....ng but crisp and short; especially those by the girl! :thumb:

3. Make up is not very heavy for the actors. And no scanty dresses for the heroine(s).

4. Rajini acts his age. :cool:

5. People may start using the word 'magizhchi' often. :D

What I did not like:

1. Songs are no good. Nothing lingers in the ears. Most of the time, they are like shouting some lines.

2. Some of the slangs of Malay Tamil could not be followed.

3. Ending was vague! One guy (Tiger) walks with a gun toward Rajini and people shout after a gun shot! Film ends!!! :(

P.S: Invasion of the Brigade is lukewarm against my expectation.

மகிழ்ச்சி? Really? Only marketing சூழ்ச்சி To see this - no need to be even quater literate - only common sense needed!

It is like selling the நாட்டிய குதரை for நாலாயிரம் பாென்!

Create a hype Bewildered consumer will buy!

காெள்ளும் புல்லும் இந்த குதிரை திங்காது
காே துமை அல்வா பிஸ்தா பருப்பு காெண்டுவானு கேக்கும்!

குதிரையா கேக்கும்?

Now create a hype for Kabali

கடவுள் சாெல்ரான் !
கபா(காவா)லி செய்ரான்!

பருப்புடா!
கடிக்க முடியமா?
இடிக்க மடியுமா ?

யார்டா இந்த பிஸ்தா பருப்பு ?

நான் பிஸ்தா வந்துட்டேன்னு சாெல்லு

This in catchy tune with glossy visuals flashed every minute in all media all arounf the globe - Curiosity created and sells

Unfortunately நாட்டிய குதிரை is conditioned to dance only to பிஸதா's tune!! which is a copy cat ! sort of CP stuff!

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&r...h5otU3mtr5t5nIS5g&sig2=jRHCeXtwTBaWU0DSprv08w

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&r...dRIf8Kj6K8PorV24W_gkzA&bvm=bv.128153897,d.c2I

It is 'Magizhchi'.... all the way... for fans
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

After Kabali's Success, Rajinikanth Writes Fans a Thank You Note. Read it Here

Rajinikanth in a still from Kabali.

rajinikanth_640x480_61469540416.jpg

HIGHLIGHTS

• Rajinikanth signs off with 'magizhchi,' Tamil for 'Nice to meet you'
  • The letter to Rajinikanth's fans is written in Tamil
  • The superstar flew home to Chennai from USA on Sunday

Superstar Rajinikanth's Kabali has been destroying the box office since it released worldwide on July 22 and the actor has thanked fans in a letter currently circulating on social media. The 65-year-old actor flew home to Chennai from USA on Sunday. He spent the last two months there with daughter Aishwaryaa and was photographed at a local cinema the day before Kabali released.

The letter to his fans is written in Tamil and - because Rajinikanth is ahead of his times, as everyone knows - is dated 2017. In it, he explains that filming Kabali had left him exhausted and he spent the last two months recovering in USA. He also got medical tests done while he was there.

Here's a part of the letter's contents: "I returned to India after hearing the huge success of Kabali and witnessed it in person after coming here and am thrilled. So, heartfelt thanks the crew, director, producer, co-actors, fans, public, youth, women, media friends, theatre owners."

Rajinikanth signs off in style, writing "magizhchi," a Tamil word which translates into "Nice to meet you" in English.

Source: http://movies.ndtv.com/regional/aft...es-fans-a-thank-you-note-read-it-here-1436488

Last edited by a moderator:

Decoding the hyped Kabali - First day collections

Trade analysts decode the South film’s exaggerated opening day figures...

A day after the release of Rajinikant starrer Kabali, there were reports of the film having made Rs 100 crores on day one.

According to The Economic Times, Rajinikanth’s Kabali reportedly collected a record Rs 250 crore on its first day. An industry source says these figures are grossly inflated.

A statement was circulated by the producers claiming that the film has earned Rs 250 crore, which includes Rs 100 crore from Tamil Nadu and Rs 150 crore from outside India’. The B-O figures (approx) are: All India (four languages) + overseas = Rs 89.4 crore. But everyone seems to have bought the lies. Often, the producers send out inflated figures and the media carries it without checking the facts. Also, the figures are being compared to those of Aamir Khan and Salman Khan-starrers, which isn’t fair because in Tamil Nadu, films are tax-free, so tickets are cheaper, because of which audiences go to see the film in large numbers.

After Hrs spoke to a few trade analysts about the first day figures of Kabali. Here’s what the experts had to say...
Producers release hyped B-O figures for psychological reasons...

— Atul Mohan

The South market trade is very different from the North. In all the languages it has made Rs 45 crore (approx) on the first day. Overseas, it has made $3 million dollars (the fourth highest ever). Will the film sustain? Only Rajinikanth can answer that. While the reviews have been bad, it’s still better than his last two releases. Kabali is more like his earlier films like Pasha which he used to do 30 years back — typical Rajinikanth style. The film may or may not sustain because of its emotional content. I don’t see it falling. It had already made huge money on endorsements and digitals — Rs 125 crore. The film’s budget is Rs 85 crore (approx). Producers release hyped B-O figures for psychological reasons. It impacts the audience minds and they feel if the B-O figures are so good, the film must be good, too, and go to watch it. Thus, these figures can influence the paying audience.

Read more at: http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report-decoding-the-hyped-kabali-first-day-collections-2238385

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear RR ji,

This movie is made for a Malaysian.
Dear Renu,

I heard Chinese being referred to as 'sadaiyan'; don't know whether what I heard is right! :noidea:

But, I thought this reference may be because of their plaited hair! ;)

Some of the fan clubs in Sing. Chennai seem to be unhappy the way they were treated. They took away the banners
they had fixed throughout the night, before the release of 'Kabali'! Youtube shows such clippings. :ranger:
P.S: The American guy at the ticket counter told the word 'Kabali' in a very stylish way! :clap2:

Dear Renu,

I heard Chinese being referred to as 'sadaiyan'; don't know whether what I heard is right! :noidea:

But, I thought this reference may be because of their plaited hair! ;)

Yes...thats the slang word here for Chinese cos in olden days they had hair like this.

38b8686ec62dd407e605c4554f1c9c34.jpg

This is because of the majority of the people who live in a place.If people movie crazy this will happen.This is nothing to do with culture and our culture got distorted long back.

If you laughed at the abusive 'Maidhaa Maavu' Kabali post, you need lessons in gender sensitivity

Dei oosi pona maavu, you don't have to be a misogynist to defend Thalaivar

kabali_3x2.jpg

I was scrolling through Facebook aimlessly the other day when I saw this postshared several times by many men on my friends list. It was titled ‘Dei Maidhaa Maavu’ - a disparaging term to call someone who is fair-skinned and is usually, though not exclusively, applied to North Indians. I was intrigued. I confess, I was in the mood to read something politically incorrect and the ruder it was, the funnier it was bound to be.

The post is about the blogger’s (he calls himself Tamil Payyan) experience at Ega theatre in Chennai, where he went to watch the Rajinikanth-starrer, ‘Kabali’. For those who don’t know, Ega theatre usually screens only non-Tamil films and the crowd that goes there, as Tamil Payyan points out, is usually non-Tamil. Now I, too, was quite irritated by the number of people outside Tamil Nadu who had reviewed the film and trashed it without getting any of the references or subtexts in the narrative. I was equally annoyed by the slew of Rajinikanth-mocking, patronizing jokes that these pieces carried.

So no, I wasn’t feeling particularly kind towards the ‘maidhaa maavu’ folks who often adopt a condescending attitude towards South Indians and seem to believe that all we do is sit around in lungis all day, eating our curd rice. Thanks, Sarruk Khan. Before you punch me through the screen, I’m aware that South Indians do their fair share of stereotyping about communities across the globe, too – I fully acknowledge this. I did say I was in the mood to be politically incorrect.

However, my amusement quickly changed to discomfort when I read through the post. This is what happens: Tamil Payyan goes to the theatre and sits down next to a couple. The girl, he says, was beautiful while the boy looked like Arvind Swamy. The two of them speak in English while Tamil Payyan eavesdrops. Well, we all do that, no need to get judgemental. The couple starts to discuss, ‘Kabali’, the movie that they’re about to watch, and the boy finds it difficult to believe that the girl likes Rajinikanth movies. Tamil Payyan quotes the boy: “this guy’s movies make no sense lol he’s just a 70 year old guy grinding with a 20 year old girl screaming cheesy punchlines and doing ridiculous stunts why do anyone even like him.”

Read more at: http://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...ost-you-need-lessons-gender-sensitivity-47520

Not only' Thalaivar'; even 'Captain' dances (!?) with heroines of his granddaughter's age and it makes some of us sick!! :(

I wrote in my earlier post that Rajini has acted his age ONLY in this movie. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back