• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Holiday for Kabali release!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Kabali today..I seriously do not expect a Non Malaysian Citizen to understand or relate to the movie.

I wonder how the movie got tru the censors here cos its really depicting 100% true situation of the poor underprivileged Tamils here who get involved in crime becos of being sidelined and facing a quota system with no reservation where one needs to score really really high to get a place in universities.

Everything in this movie is true! Nothing is fabricated..I came out of the cinema totally spaced out wondering how the film maker got such real details of gangs of Kuala Lumpur and also the names of the trouble some locations too.

Even the low cost flats area shown are all true gangster ridden areas where school kids get involved in organized crime and their gangs have numbers like 43,45,46 etc.

Gang member funeral shown where a sword is placed in the coffin is also true.

How on earth such detail was known?

Temples being demolished etc also true...but cleverly shown to be way back in the past to defuse situation.

Racial slur used is 100% true too..but word bleeped out here..controversial dialogue were censored.

I had no idea why auxillary force personnel in uniform were standing guard in the cinema as I saw the movie.

Anyway its not a regular Rajini flick..its real story..not fiction of anyone's imagination.

Only thing is there is no Rajini in Msia otherwise everything is entirely true!

Last edited:
If such a film were made on status of any caste , community or religious minority in india truthfully, it would not have got released .

At least kabali got released with cuts in malaysia.

Minorities of any type face issues in any country.

What people I communicated with in malaysia told me that things were better in times of Tungku abdul rehman .

But race relations are deteriorating everywhere in the world.

Ultimately the issue is economic.

Every metro has buried within it the darker secrets of abuse , violence perverse behaviour.

Our media daily report these incidents exaggerating and adding fuel to the incidents.

One learns thru media -films included the filth within.At the surface , life is normal.

we are all sitting on powder kegs.

A trigger, the worst in humans will come out to settle enmity with crude biombs,knives, acid attacks and the like.

Thats why I dread elections, religious festivals [when dates overlap for two religions]

Dear Renu,

I heard a similar comment from my nephew too, who said that the story does not seem to be

a fabricated one! No Rajini masAlA - like rotating a knife in space, cutting a bullet into two, to

kill two of the gangsters, raising a tornado by rotating one leg etc. The stylish poses of Rajini

are very well appreciated by his hard core fans. :D

So, the climax of the film changes in Malaysia depending on the local Censorship
and it is about viewers respecting the local law that is more important.

Kabali climax changed in Malaysia

In the Malaysian climax, 'Kabali surrenders himself to the police after killing the villain

Super Star's Kabali fever has not only hit India, it has also hit Malaysia. Rajinikanth, who plays a gangster Kabaliswaran aka Kabali in the film, has a shot at redemption after spending 25 years in prison. The film is the story of an ageing don who fights for Tamils in Malaysia.

Pa Ranjith has taken bits and pieces of the actual history of Malaysian Tamil people and incorporated them into his characters and story.

While the climax in Malaysia has been changed to that of India’s, it says 'Kabali surrenders himself to the police after killing the villain.

According to PTI, the climax was changed following Film Censorship Board of Malaysia's request to the makers for alterations in the movie, so that the viewers continue respecting the law.

Kabali was released on July 22. Though the film has received mixed reviews from audiences and critics alike, it has shattered all Indian film records worldwide by collecting more than Rs 100 crore on Day 1.

Read more at: http://www.thenewsminute.com/article/kabali-climax-changed-malaysia-47047Kabali climax changed in Malaysia

Last edited by a moderator:
If what Smt Dr Renukaji is sharing is 100% unadulterated truth, hats off to Rajinikanth, Pa. Ranjith & Thanu for weaving a roaring commercial success out a true story instead of making a documentary...Thank you Renuka Madam for bringing a different perspective to the situation!! I think all Tamilians across the world would be seeing this movie! On day 4, word of mouth is still spreading to go and watch the movie! Awesome!!

Last edited:
...... in gowravam....sometimes over acting too...
Only sometimes? Even for helping a friend to wear a shirt, he will move lot of facial muscles! :drama:

My niece used to ask me umpteen times to imitate 'that' action! ;)

It is good that at least in 'Kabali' shown in Malaysia, the hero surrenders to the police at the end. :lock1:

When my friend told me that the earlier films of the same director were hits, I watched 'Madras' on youtube.

OMG! What a lot of blood shed and violence!! And... after killing so many gangsters, the hero goes scot-free
and teaches the kids in a school. :faint:

I also remember a climax in a super hit Malayalam movie "Harikrishnans" Both malayalam leading actors, Mammutty and Mohan Lal were acted in the movie and there was only one heroine. In north Kerala where Mammutty fans are more in numbers, heroine weds him in the prints shown there, and in rest of Kerala it was Mohan lal who won the race.

I also remember a climax in a super hit Malayalam movie "Harikrishnans" Both malayalam leading actors, Mammutty and Mohan Lal were acted in the movie and there was only one heroine. In north Kerala where Mammutty fans are more in numbers, heroine weds him in the prints shown there, and in rest of Kerala it was Mohan lal who won the race.
hi

malayalam movies more matured and audiences are more matured.. in my child hood...i watched a lot of malayalam

movies in kerala....my 2 cents...

It is good that at least in 'Kabali' shown in Malaysia, the hero surrenders to the police at the end. :lock1:

When my friend told me that the earlier films of the same director were hits, I watched 'Madras' on youtube.

OMG! What a lot of blood shed and violence!! And... after killing so many gangsters, the hero goes scot-free
and teaches the kids in a school. :faint:

Dear RR ji,

We Msians had a raw deal...got to only see an altered version of Kabali!

It was censored so much!

Real sickening..there is nothing moral about showing Kabali surrendered to the police..its just that one scene before that was censored where it shows a policeman beating up the guy called Tiger and hands him a gun to kill Kabali..since that portrays the police in bad light..that scene was deleted and the ending changed to show crime does not pay.

Who the heck wants to see a different ending when the rest of the world sees a different ending.

BTW the film has caused enough controversy here..some Tamil leaders of the ruling government are upset about the film and with Rajini too for implying as if the government is not doing enough for poor Tamilians.

The Tamil government entities here have come forward to say that Kabali is just fiction and should not be taken seriously as depicting the state of poor Tamils!

Now I really want to laugh Rajini style...Haa...Haaa..Haaa...

Truth isn't sweet.

A bitter pill for many to swallow.

Last edited:

Doctor Mam,

You are right.

Truth is bitter

And who want to spend time with a story which depicts truth by spending hard earned money?

Movies, especially tamil movies are produced with an aim of Box Office hit.

It is just an entertainment .. nothing.. more and nothing to do with real life... they will change the story.. climax.... dialogues.... etc etc

Now we will have 'KABALI 2'..... shortly depicting the past of some other part with mixing masala...stunt, love, romance in equal proportion...

Nice to have a break with Kabali

The beneficiaries may the Producer, Hero and other actors, Distributors, Theatre owners, etc

As for as fans/audience are cocnerned their concern is that is the money spent is worth the trouble.

Doctor Mam,

You are right.

Truth is bitter

And who want to spend time with a story which depicts truth by spending hard earned money?

Movies, especially tamil movies are produced with an aim of Box Office hit.

It is just an entertainment .. nothing.. more and nothing to do with real life... they will change the story.. climax.... dialogues.... etc etc

Now we will have 'KABALI 2'..... shortly depicting the past of some other part with mixing masala...stunt, love, romance in equal proportion...

Nice to have a break with Kabali

We have fans who will even swollow bullets..... ha... ha... ha

Well - கபாலி ரெுப்புடா - அணைக்க முடியுமா?
Cant swith him off? Then Hug him!!

Similarly, the Tamil super hit of 1972 Shivaji starrer Vasantha Maligai has two climaxes. In one, Shivaji dies and another one, he survives.

I like this song in Arunachalam:

அதாண்டா இதாண்டா அருணாச்சலம் நான்தாண்டா .....
அன்னை தமிழ் நாட்டுல நான் அனைவருக்கும் சொந்தமடா ....
ஆண்டவன் நடத்திவைப்பாண்டா .......
அருணாச்சலம் முடித்துவைப்பாண்டா .........
நான் உப்பு போட்ட ஆளை மறப்பதில்லைடா .....
ஆனா தப்பு செஞ்ச ஆளை விடுவதில்லைடா :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

All's Well That Ends Well Finally, after all that media hype and all sorts of advertisement gimmicks, the movie has hit the screen and has recovered much more than what has been spent on its making. The Producers are happy, Thaliava is happy, Theater owners are happy, Spectators ( read die-hard Rajini fans) are happy.......Lets also be feel happy about it. 3 people have reported to be lost their life with incidence related to this move one in Malaysia and rest in TN which very sad..

Before reply to hugging posting, I would to share the following news item:

We have journalists like Manu Joseph among us and

We do have professionals like Rajesh Balasuvramanians among us….

Please read this....

A hero and beloved clown of semi-literates: A rebuttal to Manu Joseph’s post on Rajinikanth

Manu Joseph writes a stinging, whiplash of a take on Rajinikanth the phenomena, as eloquently and evocatively as only he can and with a self appointed sense of intellectual hubris that only he can afford

Journalist Manu Joseph’s Facebook post calling Tamil superstar Rajinikanth, “the hero of semi-literates” and a “beloved clown” who “has no talent” has, as expected, outraged fans and film lovers. A Hyderabad-based marketing branding professional, Rajesh Balasubramanian’s line-by-line rebuttal trashes the senior journalist’s argument. Incidentally, Rajesh is no fan of the superstar.

Read Rajesh's full post here:

Manu Joseph
writes a stinging, whiplash of a take on Rajinikanth the phenomena, as eloquently and evocatively as only he can and with a self appointed sense of intellectual hubris that only he can afford.

Now, let me try and articulate my take to his take, bit by bit. Am sorry for using the word Rajinikanth and Manu Joseph excessively in this note. I tried my best to limit it with pronouns but just couldn’t.

We do have professionals like Rajesh Balamanians among us….

Please read this....

A hero and beloved clown of semi-literates: A rebuttal to Manu Joseph’s post on Rajinikanth

Manu Joseph writes a stinging, whiplash of a take on Rajinikanth the phenomena, as eloquently and evocatively as only he can and with a self appointed sense of intellectual hubris that only he can afford

Journalist Manu Joseph’s Facebook post calling Tamil superstar Rajinikanth, “the hero of semi-literates” and a “beloved clown” who “has no talent” has, as expected, outraged fans and film lovers. A Hyderabad-based marketing branding professional, Rajesh Balasubramanian’s line-by-line rebuttal trashes the senior journalist’s argument. Incidentally, Rajesh is no fan of the superstar.

Manu Joseph
writes a stinging, whiplash of a take on Rajinikanth the phenomena, as eloquently and evocatively as only he can and with a self appointed sense of intellectual hubris that only he can afford.

Now, let me try and articulate my take to his take, bit by bit. Am sorry for using the word Rajinikanth and Manu Joseph excessively in this note. I tried my best to limit it with pronouns but just couldn’t.

LOL!

Manu Joseph is entitled to his opinion.

I have met many so called "intellectuals" who feel Rajini appeals to the less intellectual group of people and those who are highly educated should not fancy Rajini.

I really do not get it..what has a college degree got to do with intellect? I feel both need not be connected.

Recently some so called intellectual person out here where I stay showed total disbelief that I bought a Kabali T shirt during the promotion at the cinema.He was what?? He said he didnt expect an educated person like a doc to be a Rajini Fan.

I told him.."hey they should have had Rajini undergarments too..I would have bought it!"

Well that guy was totally shocked with my answer.

I feel many people feel they are "intellectual" and try to display so called "refined" taste in movies.

Everyone is entitled to their personal taste of the cinema genre and film stars.

Some like Masala movies and some like art movies.

It does not mean the person who likes Masala movies is brain dead on life support and the person who likes art movies is having an IQ higher than Albert Einstein.

Being intellectual is being aware that the world is made up of different likes and dislikes and a true intellectual does not call anyone names as to degrade them.

There is nothing wrong if an actor has mass appeal whether he is talented or not.

Most of us like our actors for reasons best known to us.

Well we feel happy watching their movies..whether is Rajinikanth or King Khan..Its the "Magizhchi" hang over effect that makes the audience happy and smile from the heart that is more important than a pseudo intellect of plain sarcasm.

Last edited:
Read the CNN write up..A fair assessment

Rajinikanth: Meet the superstar you may not have heard about

By Huizhong Wu, for CNN
Updated 1022 GMT (1822 HKT) July 26, 2016

160726144658-air-asia-exlarge-169.jpeg
Budget airlines AirAsia has created a special flight from Bangalore to Chennai for the film's screening.

Delhi (CNN)Many people outside the Indian community may not know Rajinikanth.

He's a balding, 65-year-old man. He's also an action hero, beloved by tens of millions around the world and, in some cases, worshipped like a god.
Rajinikanth, known for a string of hits across the past four decades, has just released his latest film, Kabali. Out on July 22 in India, it has received an unprecedented amount of attention, even by the standards of movie-star crazy India.
In Kabali, the actor dons stylish three-piece suits and John Lennon sunglasses for his role as a wrongfully convicted gangster recently released from jail. It's the biggest crossover hit from Tamil cinema, the regional-language movie industry from the south Indian state of Tamil Nadu.
The level of adoration for Rajinikanth rivals that of the ones for gods - literally. Before the film's release, some of fans poured milk on cardboard images of the actor, an act of veneration usually reserved for Hindu deities.

Box office bonanza

The excitement has also translated into commercial success.
In the U.S. alone, Kabali brought in an estimated $4.1 million in ticket sales over the weekend, making it the ninth-highest grossing film this weekend and the only non-English language film in the top ten.
In India, industry analyst Sreedhar Pillai says the figure for the weekend is around 110 crore rupees or $16 million, beating out the Bollywood film, Sultan, which stars North Indian superstar Salman Khan.
Much of its commercial success comes from the audience's devotion to Rajinikanth, which has spawned toilet constructions and a life-sized chocolate statue, among other things.
Its release day became a sort of unofficial public holiday for many. Several companies in the cities of Bangalore and Chennai gave their employees a day off on the day of the movie's release.
160726144955-opus-waterproofing-exlarge-169.jpg

Manoj Pushparaj, the owner of Opus Waterproofing, a company in Bangalore, gave his 40-plus employees a holiday on July 22 to see the film. He knew work could not compete, comparing it to the levels of excitement for a cricket match.
"When there is an India vs. Pakistan match, everybody speaks about it," he said. "They will physically come to the office, but they won't be doing the work. Their heart and mind will be in the match."
In nearby Pondicherry, the government gave out hundreds of movie tickets to villagers who had constructed a toilet in their homes as part of the Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Swacch Bharat Abhiyan program.
Multinational companies have tapped into the fever too, with budget airlines AirAsia creating a special flight from Bangalore to Chennai for the film's screening and plastering one of their planes with Rajinikanth's face.
The making of a legend

A large part of the actor's appeal lies in the myth of his own creation.
Born Shivaji Rao Gaekwad, he worked as a bus conductor in Bangalore. Since becoming a superstar, he has started a charitable trust and worked with his wife to start schools in Chennai. His biography claims that he gives about half of his income away to charity.
"He's humble in the sense that away from the screen he's his own self," Gautaman Bhaskaran, a Chennai-based film critic, said. "He doesn't go around with the trappings of a star. He doesn't even wear a wig."
Much has also been made of the fact that Rajinikanth returned money to his movie distributors after his previous two films flopped.
Although reviews of Kabali itself have been quite mixed from the critics, the actor's fans say they see nothing wrong with their favorite icon.
"Even Mother Teresa has critics," Pushparaj said. He plans to see the film again this week.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/26/a...nikanth-movie0800AMVODtopLink&linkId=26937718

We do have professionals like Rajesh Balamanians among us….

Please read this....

Manu Joseph

We may even have Ranjit Sinha CBI director among us

Now, let me try and articulate my take to his take, CP by CP

CP 1 (Post #87)

Well - கபாலி நெருப்புடா - அணைக்க முடியுமா?
Cant swicth him off? Then Hug him!!

CP 2 in the link

What cannot be cured must be endured Philosophical Current thinking - If you cannot avoid enjoy!​

Last edited:
Please reduce the volume of your amplifier... lol

There is no use in making noise

If you are unable to endure such postings, better please skip .. or .. else re-read it till you derive the pleasure of the script. lol

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And you are also free to shoot your opinion.

Here is what Rajesh Balasubramanian's reply

'There is no reason whyRajinikanth exists', says Manu Joseph.

He is right. Just as there is noreason why Coca Cola exists either. Just as there is no reason why Haldiram'sMoong Dal exists. Just as there is no reason why Ramesh Sippy’s Sholay exists.Just as there is no reason why Pokemon go exists. The truth is that they do andthat we need to live with it. We have every right to turn down the offer thatis thrown at us. There is no point cursing the drink while sipping it. Its astupid waste of time. It is the consumers who create legends and not the otherway around. If you dont want to consume something, just dont.

I've been trying to warn Rajinifor a long time -- don't take them seriously, you're not pan-anything, you'rethe hero of semi-literates, says Manu Joseph

I still remember being riveted to a Norman Mailer novel, when I had to close the damn book and rush to the theater. The reason was to watch Rajnikanth's Baasha. I didn’t feel anything amiss then. Idont feel anything amiss now. I dont think my desire to watch a Rajini film was reeking of reverse intellectualism or phony rationalism. I wanted to watch his movie on screen, thats all. It was the same pair of eyes that watched Rajini’s‘Baasha' that night, It was the same pair of eyes that read ‘The Fall’ by Albert Camus, the week after and it was the same pair of eyes that had watched‘ The Full Metal Jacket’ by Kubrick a month before.

There was nothing beguiling or hypocritical in any of these three unique experiences. That the mind wrenching monologues of Jean-Baptiste Clamence have stayed imprinted far longer than the harebrained dialogues of Manik Baashha is another story. It just means, the mind filters what it thinks is revolutionary and discards the rest.This doesn’t take anything away from that month in my life, when three philosophically incongruous products were consumed by me with relative ease and without much anguish.

Read more at: http://www.thenewsminute.com/article/hero-and-beloved-clown-semi-literates-rebuttal-manu-josephs-post-rajinikanth-47082

P.S: Invasion of the Brigade is lukewarm against my expectation.

Ganesh Ji, Hope this thread grows rapidly.... easily cross 100 replies and 15,000 views.

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]இரண்டு நாட்களாய் முகநூலில் வந்த அனைத்து விமரிசனங்களையும் படித்துவிட்டு.. இரண்டுவித மனநிலையில் இன்று கபாலி படம் பார்த்தாகி விட்டது.[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]66 வயதில் ஒருவர் ஆண், பெண், குழந்தைகள் என எல்லா வயதினரையும் காலை 6 மணிக்கே திரையரங்கினில் கூட வைப்பது பெரிய சாதனையா என்ன.?[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]இரண்டே இரண்டு ஷு போட்ட கால்கள் திரையில் நடந்து வர.. இருக்கையில் எவரையும் அமரவிடாமல் செய்வது அதிசயமா என்ன.?[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]இப்படித்தான் என்ற இலக்கணத்தை மீறி.. எப்படி இருந்தாலும் எம் தலைவன் என உலக அளவில் ரசிகர்களைக் கொண்டிருப்பது பெரிய புரட்சியா என்ன.?[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]35 ஆண்டுகாலமாக திரைத்துறையில் வந்து காணாமல் போனவர்கள் பலர்.. இன்னும் வந்து கொண்டிருப்பவர்கள் பலர்.. இனி வரப் போகின்றவர்கள் பலர். அத்தனை பேருக்கும் ஒரே நோக்கம் அடுத்த சூப்பர் ஸ்டார் ஆவதுதான் என்பதையே எல்லைக் கோடாக நிர்ணயம் செய்தது ஒரு பெரிய விஷயமா என்ன.?[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]வயதாகிவிட்டது.. தலையில் முடியில்லை.. கருப்பு நிறம்.. தமிழனில்லை.. தமிழகத்திற்கு ஒன்றும் செய்யவில்லை.. இது போன்ற அத்தனை எதிர்ப்புகளுக்கும் ஒற்றை பதிலாய் ஒரே சிரிப்பு.. சொல்பவர் அத்தனை பேரும் கண்ணாடி முன் நின்று தன்னை அலங்கரித்துக் கொள்ளும்போது நினைத்துக் கொள்வது என்னவோ இவர் உருவத்தைத்தான். இது என்ன மாயமோ.?[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]உலகத்தரம் என்ற ஒற்றை வார்த்தையை எத்தனையோ பேர் சொந்தமாக்கிக் கொண்டிருக்கும்போது.. உலகத்தை தன் பக்கம் திரும்பிப் பார்க்கச் செய்வது ஒரு பெரிய சாதனையா என்ன.?[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]கபாலி.. மற்ற படங்களில் வெடிக்கும் ரஜினியின் ஸ்டைல்.. இதில் மட்டுமே நடித்திருக்கிறது.[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]எடிட்டிங்.. கதை.. தலித்தியம்.. ரஞ்சித் சரியாக பயன்படுத்தவில்லை.. வேகம் குறைவு.. எனப் பல பரிமாணங்களை விமரிசனங்களாகக் கண்டும்.. எதுவுமே நெஞ்சில் நிற்கவில்லை.. ரஜினியைக் கண்டபின் என்பதும் உண்மை.[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]தர்மத்தின் தலைவன்.. ராஜாதிராஜா.. மன்னன்.. மாப்பிள்ளை.. தளபதி.. அண்ணாமலை.. பாட்ஷா.. படையப்பா.. எந்திரன்.. சந்திரமுகி.. போன்றவைகளைத் தொடர்ந்து இன்றும் தொலைந்து போன நம் இளமைக் காலத்தை தேடிக் கண்டுபிடித்துத் தருவதென்னவோ இவருக்குத் தேவையில்லாத வேலைதான்.[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]எது எப்படியோ.. 65 வயதில் தாத்தாவும்..45 வயதில் அப்பனும், 15 வயதில் மகனும் நண்பர்களாக தோள்மீது கை போட்டுக் கொண்டு.. திரையில் இவரைக் காண்பித்தவுடன்.. தங்களை மறந்து கைதட்டி கூச்சலிட்டு மகிழ்ந்து வரவேற்பது இவரை மட்டுமே.. என்பதில் ஐயமில்லை.[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]அதற்காகவாவது இந்த மனிதர் இன்னும் கொஞ்சம் நூற்றாண்டுகள்.. சூப்பர் ஸ்டாராகவே இருந்துவிட்டு போகட்டுமே..[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]சாதனைகள்..
சொல்லப் படுவதில்லை.
செய்யப் படுகின்றன.[/FONT]

[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]தன்னைப் பிடிக்காதவர்களைக் கூட.. தன்னைப் பற்றியே பேச வைப்பதுதான் இவர் செய்த மகத்தான சாதனை.[/FONT]
[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]-கமல்ஹாசன்[/FONT]

One sentence says it all "[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]சாதனைகள்.. [/FONT][FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]சொல்லப் படுவதில்லை. [/FONT][FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]செய்யப் படுகின்றன." [/FONT]Great Kamal Sir! You only could have said that Hats off!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back