• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Holiday for Kabali release!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The movie has been released in Malaysia today itself as there is a Malay dubbd print of it too. I am curious to know how was the reception there.

So far all tickets are sold out...I have no idea how the reception cos I have not seen the movie yet.

I got feed back from some foreign workers here from TN cos they saw the movie and they told me they could not relate to the movie cos its seemed more about Malaysian Tamils and they did not enjoy the movie cos it was not a regular Rajini type of movie.

But I feel Msian Tamils would like it since its about Msian history and scenario.

BTW the dubbed Malay version would be released on 29th July but that I feel is not a good move at all cos Malays do not watch Tamil movies..Malays are only crazy for Hindi movies that too mainly crazy for Shah Rukh Khan.

Tamils surely wont watch a Malay dubbed version..so who is going to watch it?

Just visited this thread.

Few having merry time..... nice....

13775907_10207710199128071_3033939814862785198_n.jpg

Source: face book

Thank God, I am able to distinguish the difference between reel ... and ..the ...real.

கொளுத்தி போடுவோம் பற்றிஎரியட்டும்

Let it be an INFERNO
Merry-go round ....merry-go-round......merry-go-round :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

ஜாலிலோ
ஜிம்கானா

Last edited by a moderator:

A week before the film’s release, the Madras High Court restrained 169 registered Internet Service Providers from permitting illegal download of ‘Kabali'

Piracy being more rampant….it is reported that nearly 1300 Tamil, Telugu and Hindi versions of Kabali downloaded by 11.00 A.M. on Friday.

It is these digital pirates who are the real 'NERUPPUDA'
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

கபாலிடா... போட்டி போட்டு திருட்டு வி.சி.டி., வெளியீடு!

ரஜினி நடித்த, கபாலி படம், நேற்று தியேட்டர்களில் வெளியான நிலையில், அதன் திருட்டு வி.சி.டி.,யும் இணையதளத்தில் வெளியானது. கபாலி படம் இணையதளத்தில் வெளிவருவதை தடுக்க, பட தயாரிப்பாளர், நீதிமன்றம் வரை சென்றார். படத்தை பதிவேற்றினால், இணையதளம் முடக்கப்படும் என, நீதிமன்றமும் எச்சரித்தது. இதை தங்களுக்கு விடப்பட்ட சவாலாகக் கருதிய, புதுப்படங்களை பதிவேற்றம் செய்யும் இணைய தளத்தினர், நேற்று கபாலி படம் வெளியான ஒரு மணி நேரத்தில், போட்டி போட்டு இணையதளங்களில், பதிவேற்றம் செய்தனர். இது, படக் குழுவினரை அதிர்ச்சி யில் ஆழ்த்தியுள்ளது. கபாலி பட டிக்கெட்டுகள், அதிக விலைக்கு விற்கப்பட்டதாக வந்த புகாரை தொடர்ந்து, சென்னையில், இந்தப் படம் வெளியான தியேட்டர்களில், வணிக வரித் துறையினர், நேற்று சோதனை நடத்தினர். மூன்று நாட்களுக்கான டிக்கெட் விற்று விட்டதால், கள்ளச்சந்தையில் அதிக பட்சமாக, ஒரு டிக்கெட் விலை, 2,000 ரூபாய் வரை விற்கப்பட்டது.

Source: http://www.dinamalar.com/news_detail.asp?id=1569299

The political message in Kabali!

There's politics in Gandhi donning a 'veshti' and Ambedkar wearing a three-piece suit, roars Kabali during his face-off with the villain. At the reform school he runs for teen gangsters, Kabali explains that he wears it in summer too because he, of the underclass, wants to make a statement. Besides the suit that Kabali wears in nearly every scene

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwijwYa45YjOAhXKo48KHT03BmkQqQIIITAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftimesofindia.indiatimes.com%2Findia%2FIn-Kabali-Dalits-see-a-natty-redeemer%2Farticleshow%2F53347858.cms&usg=AFQjCNEWT39ydCkmSdz101SmkZGvw_V2xw&sig2=amTiliT8OuyecLj1Wq32Ew

In delhi kabali tamil version tickets are available for same day any show. priced rs 200/250.

There is choice of tamil,telugu and hindi version in theatres.

But I have no consensus[read wifes OK] for seeing the film .

So no kabali this week

.............. So no kabali this week
:cool:!
I still can not believe why such a craze for first day first show, paying through the nose! :popcorn:
P.S: Only Kabali (reel) could be :flame: though there seems to be self proclaimed :flame: s!! :D

My son & better half have seen the film already & as per them it is a Formula I Rajini Film! Lot of whistles for Rajini even in Delhi region

:cool::cool: !!

Here is an apt punch dialogue of Rajini Kanth which is more meaningful at this ...... And few like to go by this.

253.jpg

Film: Dharma Durai
Dialogue: Nallavana erukallam annal romba nallavana erukakudathu (You can be a good person. But you shouldn't be a very good person)

P.S: I know now one Member will get tempted to rush and comment tamil dialogue pointing out the negligible mistake. But this posting was definitely not intended to that. :flame::flame:

40 Crores collection on 1st day..People shelling out Rs 8000 for a chartered plane ticket from Bengaluru to watch the movie in Satyam Cinema, Chennai & back..Shows starting as early as 6 AM to 8AM...The frenzy has to be felt in Ground Zero which is Chennai...The movie is for a die hard Rajini fan & their numbers are only increasing by the day!!

Vganesh Ji,

You are right, one has to experience the thrill and excitement of ‘First day First show’ of Rajni Kanth movies at Chennai.

Here, in few theatres the show started as early as by 4.00 a.m. and there was traffic jam during wee hours which is quite unusual.

One can see the frenzied fans of Ranji Kanth pouring milk over the giant size cut out of their favourite Hero and while one gets into the theatre, one can notice currency notes and coins being flung in to the air, some landing on us. They also throw flowers and dance before the front row, clap, whistling, etc. etc expressing their joy.

One of the theatres owner at Chennai where this movie is now released, happened to known to me and I had to arrange for twenty tickets for staff of a MNC and few for our family members yesterday.

For some of his fans, he is (Shivaji Rao Gaekward) their living God.

Kabali release: First day, first show of a Rajinikanth movie

The release of Rajinikanth’s Kabali, which reportedly opened in 3,000-4,000 screens across India, has been nothing short of a spectacle

kabali3-kbS--621x414@LiveMint.jpg

Fans of Rajinikanth gather at a cinema on the first day of release of his new film ‘Kabali’ in Chennai on 22 July. Photo: AFP
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chennai/Bengaluru: It’s 5am, and the sun is yet to rise over Chennai. For the last eight hours or so, S. Srinivas and K. Manoj have been roaming the city, hunting for the incredibly hard-to-find and pricey first-day, first-show tickets to watch Kabali, the Rajinikanth starrer that released on Friday.

The hunt has been futile so far. They are now at Chennai’s Vettri theatre, where the crowd has already started celebrating the first release of a Rajinikanth movie in two years.

Larger-than-life cutouts of the star, some of them as high as the theatre itself, have been adorned with garlands and decorative lights. The crowd screams and whistles as it streams into the theatre for the first show.

Around the same time, some 350 km away in Bengaluru, 180 passengers are waiting with AirAsia tickets that cost themRs.7,860 each to board a special flight bearing the image of Rajinikanth; they are flying to Chennai to watch Kabali.

Read more at: http://www.livemint.com/Leisure/Hsk...st-day-first-show-of-a-Rajinikanth-movie.html

பாயை சொறண்டலாமா என்று ரஜ்னியிடம்கேட்டால், பாய் நம்பளெ சொறண்ட ஆரம்பித்து விடும்.

I think there is only one who can come near Rajini in popularity ..That is none other than can be Puratchithalaivar MGR...But I have never seen MGR films in theater (We were essentially a Sivaji fan family) save one MGR Jayalaithaa movie that I saw which was Pattikaktu Ponnaniah when I was just about 10 years & I saw it with a neighbor's family who got a free pass..Can anyone compare Rajini fan frenzy with MGR's?

I think there is only one who can come near Rajini in popularity ..That is none other than can be Puratchithalaivar MGR...But I have never seen MGR films in theater (We were essentially a Sivaji fan family) save one MGR Jayalaithaa movie that I saw which was Pattikaktu Ponnaniah when I was just about 10 years & I saw it with a neighbor's family who got a free pass..Can anyone compare Rajini fan frenzy with MGR's?

It is change of generation. I belong to Shivaji/MGR era and was a member of Shivaji Fans Association. One can see quarrel between Shivaji and MGR fans regularly. In those days, fans used to stand at the theatre to see the collection status. I noticed this in Shanti theatre also in Chennai in mid-1970s. On the first day, usually sweets and chocklates were distributed, apart from exhibiting slides thanking those who have come to see the film.

Two Tamil papers - Mathi Oil for Shivaji fans and Thirai Ulagam for MGR fans - used to hit the stands every week.

In mid 1970s, Thirai Ulagam pointed out that there is no silver jubilee film for Shivaji after Thiruvilayadal. It turned out to be good omen for Shivaji fans - In 1971 it was Pattikada Pattanama (which run more than one year in Madurai), 1972 Vasantha Maligai, 1973 Gauravum, 1974 Thanga Pathakkam, 1975 Annan Oru Koil and in 1978, Theeri Sulam was a massive hit. Even MGR, who was the CM at that time, admitted that the film gave nearly Rs.19 Cr. as tax to the Govt.

The competition between the top actor is always there.

Almost all MGR movies were hits. But there are many flop movies of Rajini! :(

I could not watch the full movies Baba, Kochadaiyan or Linga. :nono:

But Rajini has more fans than M G R; in fact world over! :thumb:

Here is a sample video:
Japanese fan

I ultimately ended up watching the film last evening minus the hype .

I got easy tickets in Noida NCR mall playing to near empty theatre[about 10% occupancy.].Of course my wife joined me taking pity on me.

Hindi version had a better reception in the same mall.

Rajnikant plays a tamil gangster fighting for tamil rights in malaysia.Tals off exploitation of tamils visavis others [read chinese]

He combines gangsterism with do good image [having a foundation to help tamil kids]

Radhika Apte plays tamil wife and Dhansika his daughter. Both do fine portrayals

We have the usual masala with fights , car chases , lot of blood and gore with rajini mannerisms and super hero bravado taking on half a dozen villains.

A story of sorts with love thrown in as flashback and playing ideal husband pining for wife and daughter.

Santosh narayans music not worth talking about.

Just a three star film if the hype is watered down.

Might have large collection due to 8000 prints in multiple languages released world wide..

Almost all MGR movies were hits. But there are many flop movies of Rajini! :(

I could not watch the full movies Baba, Kochadaiyan or Linga. :nono:

But Rajini has more fans than M G R; in fact world over! :thumb:

Here is a sample video:
Japanese fan

No. Even in 1960s some of MGR's films flopped - Pasam, Pana Thottam, and his 100th film Oli Vilakku, produced by SS Vasan (a remake of Pool our Pathar), Kanavan etc.

In the 1970s, after Nalla Neram, produced by Thevar and a remake of Hathi Mere Sathi, which run 100 days in four theatres in Chennai considered to be an achievement in those days - Shivaji's Sivantha Mann and his 100th film Navarathri run 100 days in four theatres (incidentally only Shivaji's 100th film was a success), some of MGR films flopped.

Films like - Netru Inru Nallai (produced by Asokan an MGR fanatic), Ninaithai Mudipavan (a remake of Sacha Jutta), Nalai Namathe (a remake of Yaadon Ki Baaraat), Pattikattu Ponnaiah, Navarathinam (directed by A P Nagarjan - only MGR film he directed), Neerum Neruppum, Madurai Meeta Sundarapandian etc. failed at box office.

Fortunately, he succeeded in politics.

Chandruji, You are a real fan of Sivaji!! You have data on your fingertips, not only of Sivaji but also about his competing actor MGR!

No. Even in 1960s some of MGR's films flopped - Pasam, Pana Thottam, and his 100th film Oli Vilakku, produced by SS Vasan (a remake of Pool our Pathar), Kanavan etc.

In the 1970s, after Nalla Neram, produced by Thevar and a remake of Hathi Mere Sathi, which run 100 days in four theatres in Chennai considered to be an achievement in those days - Shivaji's Sivantha Mann and his 100th film Navarathri run 100 days in four theatres (incidentally only Shivaji's 100th film was a success), some of MGR films flopped.

Films like - Netru Inru Nallai (produced by Asokan an MGR fanatic), Ninaithai Mudipavan (a remake of Sacha Jutta), Nalai Namathe (a remake of Yaadon Ki Baaraat), Pattikattu Ponnaiah, Navarathinam (directed by A P Nagarjan - only MGR film he directed), Neerum Neruppum, Madurai Meeta Sundarapandian etc. failed at box office.

Fortunately, he succeeded in politics.
hi

even though shivaji used to bed success in movies....but MGR...captured ppl's heart snd entered into politics....i used tp

get pocket money for MGR movies.. but i prefer shivaji movies...mahashivarathri nights...a shivaji's movie must....

i like JNANA OLI of shivaji very much...i watched in small theater in dindigul area in 70s....ever green movies....

இன்றும் பசுமையான நினைவுகள்.....ஆனால் இன்றிய படங்கள் மனதில் நிற்பதில்லை....

Gnana Oli, Thillana mohanambal, Vietnam Veedu, Thangappadakkam, Thiruvilayadal, pattikada patanama, Pasa malar & Gowravam are the best movies of Sivaji...Can not beat him for his acting...Especially dialogue delivery & facial expressions!

Gnana Oli, Thillana mohanambal, Vietnam Veedu, Thangappadakkam, Thiruvilayadal, pattikada patanama, Pasa malar & Gowravam are the best movies of Sivaji...Can not beat him for his acting...Especially dialogue delivery & facial expressions!
hi

in gowravam....sometimes over acting too...

hi

in gowravam....sometimes over acting too...

Speakers in theaters were at high decibel setting & exacerbated it! Even in Gnana Oli Sivaji used to get emotional & increase his decibel...Can we forget Veerapandiya kattabomman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back