• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Do you care for others opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lkie the shorter version of 'manasa sancharare' in film 'Sankarabharanam' by S Janaki and SPB available on you tube

I lkie the shorter version of 'manasa sancharare' in film 'Sankarabharanam' by S Janaki and SPB available on you tube
There is a vast difference between classical and semi classical rendering, Krish Sir!

I don't enjoy the high pitched female voices for classical songs. :nono:

There is a vast difference between classical and semi classical rendering, Krish Sir!

I don't enjoy the high pitched female voices for classical songs. :nono:

I understand.

Even in north , classical musicians cannot do justice to semi classical film songs.

They like to elaborate on raga and bring out its nuances.

Khayals are the most desired form.

Lights like kajiris or ghazals are meant as thukkadas at the end of a concert.

Even in film music top classical singers cannot do justice to any song less than 6 minutes and more.

But most ignorant like us prefer to hear semi classical light music.if not dabba sangeetham

I forgot to tell you Vaagmi Sir; IF Renu answers my posts, I am really elated!! :)

What is Mampazha puliseri? :noidea:

Anyway, here is one song for you:
Manasa Sancharare - P Unnikrishnan

Posting the link for the song since I value your opinion! :D

RRji,

Thanks. I like Unni's singing. I am an ordinary rasika. My knowledge of and thirst for technical perfection is next to zero. But I look for that extra one matra of silence or that one matra of underplaying of a swara and compensating that energy given up with the essaying of the contours of pathos representing the spirit of the sAhitya. Whenever I get that from an artist in a piece sung soulfully, I just sit in rapturous silence enjoying that moment telling myself silently, எத்தனை கோடி இன்பம் வைத்தாய் இறைவா!!

Mampazha pulissseri is a Kerala preparation which my wife makes during the Mango season using ripe mangoes. I will get the details of method of preparation from her and put down here later. It is really very tasty and very different. We look forward to the mango season every year just for that. LOL.

Last edited:
Wow, the mAmpazha puliseri is similar to the mAmbazha mOrkuzhambu that I make in mango season! :cool:

When mom was with me in 2014 mango season, I made it everyday (with less coconut), as side dish for idli /dhOsA.

The shortest method is to cook the mango pieces (one whistle) in ever-silver 2 lt cooker, adding little water, salt and

sAmbAr podi. Release pressure, add thick curd while hot and season with mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves!

Some elders are allergic to green chilli and so I don't use green chillis !

Mangoes are from the tree in my backyard! :thumb:

Returning to the subject of the thread.

How many really care for others opinions?

It all depends whose opinion is it.

Many experienced have opinions ,views on subjects that worked a generation back .and are hopelessly outdated.

Far many more try to run down any thought that appears a bit risky and are basically negative and criticize alone.

It is best either not to ask for opinions or ask only those who will agree with you.lol

Most of the last generation are risk averse and have a slave mentality as they have been turned that way due to british rule..

Anyone wit grey hair or no hair, run as far as possible away from them

Dear Krish Sir,

Youngsters don't expect any opinion for elders. So, where is the need to care for opinions?

'What I do is right', is the attitude of most of the people. :(

Some have a tendency to come here and spill out their own mind set/auto biography. LOL

waynedyer154401.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Krish Sir,

Don't worry about persons who don't value your opinions (posts).

Posters even without sources only waste cyberspace. :tsk:

BTW, there is a nice quote by the same author,
Wayne Dyer.

How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.

Wow! Wayne Dyer talks of karma. :thumb:

icon3.png
More quotes with images are available at: www.brainyquote.com

images

Source: Google images.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back