• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Do you care for others opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not about being half baked..its about getting a translation right.

Chanakya always worded his sayings beautifully even though the message could be blunt and direct to the point.

So the word Get Screwed is grave injustice to the poetry of Chanakya.

Well...come to think of it..Chanakya's quote proved right..I honestly corrected a flaw in translation and finally get to be called a half baked!LOL

Hey Chanakya! How right you were...honesty leads to victimization.

O' how unfair is the world!

Last edited:
Policemen[even an ex one] develop a mentality of victimising honest persons.

Thats why no one with a genuine issue goes to police.

Chanakya was wise.

Quoting chanakya to those who are dimwits can only make you sick

Honest persons getting victimized may be due to Karma, one may ask his (TMG) Time Pass Gumbal Chairman who may be able to give a lecture on Karma quoting Bhagavad Gita for three pages

And policemen who develop mentality of victimizing honest people will be paying penalty for his sins. Again you can ask your Chairman who may be able to give a lecture on sins quoting Bhagavatam for three pages

Anyway I don’t understand why is a policeman is dragged here ?? Something funny.

It may be really well and good if no one visit the police station with a grievance.

Police Station is not a business enterprise and hence it is not going to incur any loss.

In fact the Station House Officer and other staff may be greatly relieved and have a tension-free week.

And nobody invite anyone to the Police Station.

Your grumbling is quite senseless and irrelevant to the thread.

Now you come here to certify that Chanakya was wise.

He should have been in fact blessed to get such a Certificate from you. LOL

How do you rate him and come to this conclusion?

Do you have any idea about the books he authored?

I don’t know whom you are referring as dimwits and who is sick.

But, see that you are not defined as ‘SICK’ and ‘DIMWITS by others. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
policemen[even an ex one] develop a mentality of victimising honest persons.

Thats why no one with a genuine issue goes to police.

Chanakya was wise.

Quoting chanakya to those who are dimwits can only make you sick

Iyer IPS?

Honest persons getting victimized may be due to Karma, one may ask his (TMG) Time Pass Gumbal Chairman who may be able to give a lecture on Karma quoting Bhagavad Gita for three pages

And policemen who develop mentality of victimizing honest people will be paying penalty for his sins. Again you can ask your Chairman who may be able to give a lecture on sins quoting Bhagavatam for three pages

One does not need 3 pages to give a lecture about anything from the Geeta.

Only 2 words are needed Mama Dharma.

The 1st word in Geeta is Dharma and the last word is Mama.

That is all which is needed..its self explanatory.

BTW correction....Time Pass Gumbal is TPG and not TMG.

The organization takes errors seriously.

Your sincerely

Member of TPG.

Last edited:

But that was what Arjuna was confused and so Krishna had to spend 700 verses spread across 18 Chapters to make Arjuna Understand those 2 words .

Dear Renu,

Better write 'mama' in Sanskrit also!
It should NOT be read as mAmA for a new round of :fencing: !! :lol:

What is important is that the Delhi mAmA should be able to understand and grasp.. LOL

The following were seen during surfing some sites, found related to the OP hence sharing.

Getting others to agree with you isn’t a matter of bulldozing them into submission; insisting on your “rightness.” In fact, that most often backfires: you may get them to say some version of “Sure dude – whatever,” but that doesn’t mean you’ve convinced them of your point of view.

So, what does work? How do you get people to be open to what you’re saying to them?
The single most useful way to increase the likelihood of people agreeing with you is to frame it in your mind as “offering them a possibility.”

The following were seen during surfing some sites, found related to the OP hence sharing.

Getting others to agree with you isn’t a matter of bulldozing them into submission; insisting on your “rightness.”

In fact, that most often backfires: you may get them to say some version of “Sure dude – whatever,” but that doesn’t

mean you’ve convinced them of your point of view.

So, what does work? How do you get people to be open to what you’re saying to them? The single most useful way to

increase the likelihood of people agreeing with you is to frame it in your mind as “offering them a possibility.”
Dear Ganesh Sir,

Now a days, people just tend to agree to what we say and don't give their POV openly.

Why to argue? Only a few well wishers will say if we are about to take a wrong decision.
Others will just :couch2: and watch!

Dear Ganesh Sir,

Now a days, people just tend to agree to what we say and don't give their POV openly.

Why to argue? Only a few well wishers will say if we are about to take a wrong decision.
Others will just :couch2: and watch!

Dear Madam RR,

That also is not a correct approach, I think. If some one is going to sink and you know it you should appraise him the consequences although the decision may be exlusively his own. At least you will have the satisfaction of raising your point and alerting him... that I don't think amounts to argument...

Dear Madam RR,

That also is not a correct approach, I think. If some one is going to sink and you know it you should appraise him the consequences although the decision may be exlusively his own. At least you will have the satisfaction of raising your point and alerting him... that I don't think amounts to argument...

I agree with your post.

You follow your swa dharma. Ultimately you got to live with your self.

Last edited:
One member complaints that he cannot simply tolerate a person who does not respect women of this forum .

But as for as I am concerned, respect is something earned and definitely not something given.

Respect cannot be imposed or begged.

It is offered repeat it is offered to the richly deserving and not for those who demand it.

Some dull heads don’t seem to realize all these ethics and come here to grumble untiringly.

8168998558_8c4ac8a76a_o.jpg

Source: Google images

Do we need to pick a fight with everyone? That too in every thread?
If we see we picking fight with everyone it is time to get a new mirror or proper eye glasses.
There are many ways to disagree with the message without getting personal.

If we see we picking fight with everyone it is time to get a new mirror or proper eye glasses.

Prasad Ji,

Your concern is well taken and it is a good question but addressed to whom?

Everyone follow their own rule.

Most love to advice others.

Few love to preach.

There are few who think too much of themselves.

We have all sorts

I stand up when my mind say that I need to....

VBji,
You are one of my friend, as a friend I have advised you, you do not have to bite my hand.
yes we need to stand up, when you see a wrong being proposed.
You are knowledgeable, but you seem to take it to personal level.

Dear Madam RR,

Dear Ganesh Sir,

I wrote about the general approach of people when someone comes to discuss a problem and it is NOT about myself.

Fairly a good number of persons know that I am their well wisher and feel free to get my opinion, when they are in trouble. :)

​Good one, Prasad Sir! :)

I cannot simply tolerate a person who does not respect women of this forum .

There should be some minimum code of conduct.

Dear Krish ji,

Worry not...We females prefer to see everyone as an equal.

We do not need to hide behind the privilege of being a female and demand respect but still desire to fight with every weapon possible with a male. That is cowardice and unfair.

I dont want a male to back out from a fight just becos I am a female.

I treat all males and females the same..respect every human being the same....even though I still like Knights in shining armor at the same time I like a good fight.

So dont worry...as Time Pass Gumbal member I can handle anyone!LOL

I am not looking for respect nor am I looking for insults..I am merely looking for responses.

Ma Suchah!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back