• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Discipline

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to render help to other members of our dear forum. So, the thread on MahAperiyavA was started to help
Nannilam Bala Sir, who could not do it easily. And, I have NOT copy pasted anything much there. :couch2:

P.S: MahAperiyavA was very humble and had no trace of ego in him. :angel:

renuka;358832 BTW sir...you have been pasting info from Vivekachudamani...also other religious texts...also proclaimed you are staying in India...professing Hinduism etc...so going by that flow its only acceptable for me to also bring in some points based on our Hindu religion..its not as if you are Sunni and I am a Shia!LOL[/QUOTE said:
Agreed.

In that case, let us stick to Hinduism and don’t stray to Greed Gods, macho men, etc

Now, I would like to start the discussion on the topic today with the following verse of Veda…

Arise, awake and seek the holy association of true Saints and acquire knowledge of God. (Vedas)

I believe that this one is said to humans

We were taught about the importance of slokas like Mata, Pitha, Guru Deivam..etc

Significance is paid to mother, father and Guru

And importance is laid to have a Guru like a saint who has good knowledge of God who can guide one to attain moksha. It is God realization, Salvation which is more important.

Now do animals have itense desire for God.. Moksha… God realization… Salvasion , etc. ?

I am yet to see an animal that visit temple.....??

I am yet to see an animal that long for a knowledgeable Guru....?

I am yet to see an animal that perform penance.... or tapas....?

I am yet to see an animal that scriptured puranas for human sake.. god realization, salvation, etc...?

But I am seeing creatures that deserve love..compassion, etc

Tobe continued.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I like to render help to other members of our dear forum. So, the thread on MahAperiyavA was started to help
Nannilam Bala Sir, who could not do it easily. And, I have NOT copy pasted anything much there. :couch2:

P.S: MahAperiyavA was very humble and had no trace of ego in him. :angel:

Mahaperiyava attained maha Samadhi

As such he cannot teach and convey messages lively now..

And the only alternative left is to copy and paste his messages which I consider a good thing anyone can do to spread his messages to the young generation

Members love it and I am doing it now which I deem it a great privilege and pleasure

I won’t talk about me unlike others do

And in this Forum, few know well about me.. That is it.

And last but not least, I don’t go for abundant unnecessary use of icons..

What you are , we all know.

What you write is self contradictory.

You try to hide personal hatred under the garb of pious posts.

You are argumentative with no no logical reasoning.

You can copy paste instead of trying your hand at original thoughts which stink.

Animals which do not perform tapas or penance, go to temples or follow gurus are far better than some humans.

My answers in black.

Agreed.

In that case, let us stick to Hinduism and don’t stray to Greed Gods, macho men, etc

Why cant I talk about Greek God and Macho Men? Its Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam...Greek God and Macho Men included!LOL

Now, I would like to start the discussion on the topic today with the following verse of Veda…

Arise, awake and seek the holy association of true Saints and acquire knowledge of God. (Vedas)

I believe that this one is said to humans.

Yes...for humans cos its Humans that need awakening and they need to dethrone their ego.

We were taught about the importance of slokas like Mata, Pitha, Guru Deivam..etc

Significance is paid to mother, father and Guru

Agreed but I feel its also fair to include spouse in that Mata Pita Guru Deivam line cos most of our adult life is spent with spouse.

And importance is laid to have a Guru like a saint who has good knowledge of God who can guide one to attain moksha. It is God realization, Salvation which is more important.

Now do animals have itense desire for God.. Moksha… God realization… Salvasion , etc. ?

None of us have asked animals cos there is a language barrier..how many of us speak Canine lingo or Feline Lingo?

I am yet to see an animal that visit temple.....??

Really?

That means you havent been to all temples.

I have seen in remote temples..even dogs waiting for prayers.

I told you I had 2 dogs before..one naughty dog and the other was a mature types.

The mature dog used to enter house prayer room and wait for my father to do morning arti.

Once my dad told him...you are not clean..you need to bathe before coming in to prayer room...the next day he went to a nearby river..took a dip and came to prayer room.

He even understood that a bath is essential.

I am yet to see an animal that long for a knowledgeable Guru....?

Becos they might actually need Bhaktas.

I am yet to see an animal that perform penance.... or tapas....?

Its becos they do not have desires!

I am yet to see an animal that scriptured puranas for human sake.. god realization, salvation, etc...?

They believe in oral tradition of passing it from by mouth to ear...next time when we hear a dog howl OOWWWWWWWW OWWWWWW ..OWWWWW..may be he is saying "Canine Brothers and Sister...Sun is rising...get up and rise...praise the Almighty..let not us become like Humans that have forgotten the nature of Atma".

The other dogs would say "OOWWW OWWW OOOOWWW"..meaning "Yes Great One"

But I am seeing creatures that deserve love..compassion, etc

Tobe continued.....

I am waiting!

What you are , we all know.

What you write is self contradictory.

You try to hide personal hatred under the garb of pious posts.

You are argumentative with no no logical reasoning.

You can copy paste instead of trying your hand at original thoughts which stink.

Animals which do not perform tapas or penance, go to temples or follow gurus are far better than some humans.

Then what makes you visit my thread and postings.....?

Then what makes you read my postings..?

Then what makes you to reply my contents...?

Bcos you also belong to the same group...LOL

Now I know there are people whose not only thoughts, but actions do stinks. LOL

Only you can post such a nasty text.

I am reminded of the proverb
பாம்பின் கால் பாம்பறியும் ....LOL

Birds of the same feather flock together....

Better go to zoo.....

This is what said in Bhagawatam.

What could be your bashyam to that.....?

"You have received the most valuable human body, which is like a strong boat to take you across the ocean of maya. It is propelled by the favorable wind of God's grace and steered by the Spiritual Master. If with all this facility a soul does not cross this ocean, he is spoiling the golden opportunity he has received. (Bhagwatam, 11/20/17)"

This is what said in Bhagatam.

What could be your bashyam to that.....?

"You have received the most valuable human body, which is like a strong boat to take you across the ocean of maya. It is propelled by the favorable wind of God's grace and steered by the Spiritual Master. If with all this facility a soul does not cross this ocean, he is spoiling the golden opportunity he has received. (Bhagwatam, 11/20/17)"

Dear Sir,

Why do we need to get across any ocean?

Somehow we humans have forgotten to live in this world and got obsessed with the after world.

I have no idea what lies ahead after death..so I might itself have fun as much as I can while I am in this world.

As far as I know Lord Krishna said hardly even one actually eventually knows Him..so this race to get across the ocean is futile...I might itself enjoy the beach and get a nice bikini and take selfies!LOL

Hey guys...dont argue too much...otherwise some wise acting types of members would ask for the thread to be closed.

So better not let that happen cos I am having fun..I do not want anyone to ruin my fun and ask the thread to be closed.

So we can argue but dont injure too much...just aim at non vital organs so that no one "dies" and the thread is NOT closed.

Last edited:
I would agree with Vgane and V.Balasubrmani. And many more posts which talk about discipline as a part of civic sense. We as a society lack this very basic element of our societal responsibility.

Indians are exposed from their childhood to indiscipline. I see parents, elderly men and of course youngsters breaking and bending rules. We are filled in our lives from our formative years with people who give live examples on breaking the rules, and the acceptance by society on same. It has little to do with education. In fact the "educated" are the ones that lack discipline.

So how does one bring about discipline? I can think of only two ways: One, be change you want others to be and two, bring in enforceable laws and breakers punished swiftly.

Of course it is easier said, than done, I know. But we have to start somewhere and the faster route would be to be an example for others to follow but its success will be limited to an immediate circle.

kgpal.

''dis·ci·pline

noun

1. the practice of training people to obey rules or a code of behavior, using punishment to correct disobedience.''

I guess being polite in posts is a code of behavior in our forum.

But fight mongers seldom pay heed to this! :whistle:

''dis·ci·pline

noun

1. the practice of training people to obey rules or a code of behavior, using punishment to correct disobedience.''

I guess being polite in posts is a code of behavior in our forum.

But fight mongers seldom pay heed to this! :whistle:

Hatemongers deserve best treatment.... which every sensible one will ensure.:whistle::whistle:

Hey guys...dont argue too much...otherwise some wise acting types of members would ask for the thread to be closed.

So better not let that happen cos I am having fun..I do not want anyone to ruin my fun and ask the thread to be closed.

So we can argue but dont injure too much...just aim at non vital organs so that no one "dies" and the thread is NOT closed.

Doctor Mam,

Some of the members may wish to join the fun….. why prevent them by sending such a signal of caution..?

It is not fair at all.

I will appreciate most interested joining the discussion and let us all have more fun especially this being a ‘Chit Chat’ session.

Hate mongers become the fight mongers!

Mostly 'I am the best' attitude breeds hatred.
icon3.png

The fact is......

Hate mongers become the trouble mongers!

The trouble with them is their own inborn EGO that they are the BEST

I have seen lot of such personalities in my life.

Dealing with such personalities in this Forum is interesting indeed , though I don't wish it.

Doctor Mam,

Some of the members may wish to join the fun….. why prevent them by sending such a signal of caution..?

It is not fair at all.

I will appreciate most interested joining the discussion and let us all have more fun especially this being a ‘Chit Chat’ session.

Dear Sir,

Its ok to argue but not over board cos then some "decent" members would want the thread closed and we all lose out chance to "fight".

Everyone is welcomed to join the bash.

Let the party begin!

In Police Department, among other special units, they do have wing called ‘Dogs Squad’.

In this squad, there will be lot of dogs trained in special skills like ‘Bomb detection’ Explosives, Drugs, Narcotics and some to track thieves. These dogs were trained to sniff, track, chase, etc and assist the police in their duties.

The department used to go for pups and selection of best pups among the lot itself is a great exercise.

And once they get selected, every pup will be handed over to a handler who is responsible for its grooming, food, training activity, drill, behavior, etc

And at the end of the training, they do conduct an examination to all the dogs and only those which qualify are put into field activity.

Now, my point is these dogs cannot be compared with other dogs of their own breed which live as lovely pets somewhere.

It is the human skill that train these dogs and make best use of this natural resource for the well being of the society.

Humans make best use of available resources, some to assist him and some to eat as mutton when he wants briyani.

Look at the discipline and training...... Humans deserve kudos

police-dogs-waiting-food-china-1.jpg

Source: google images

It is clear that you are missing some posts. :)

When a member writes that others 'vomit' something irrelevant here, I don't consider it as a decent post! :nono:

I understand your point. So long the comments are only about a post it is one thing. If it is about a member directly or indirectly that can cause issues. Sometimes the fun may be gone if that happens too often.

You may call a post indecent while another member may use a very strong term. It can become a frustrating exchange. Best is to rise above by getting back to the topic being discussed

The issues that come in the way of good discussion or argument usually start with name calling indirectly or directly, or bringing extraneous information or show disrespect to the discussion by other means.

Hopefully the thread is back on track !

In Police Department, among other special units, they do have wing called ‘Dogs Squad’.

In this squad, there will be lot of dogs trained in special skills like ‘Bomb detection’ Explosives, Drugs, Narcotics and some to track thieves. These dogs were trained to sniff, track, chase, etc and assist the police in their duties.

The department used to go for pups and selection of best pups among the lot itself is a great exercise.

And once they get selected, every pup will be handed over to a handler who is responsible for its grooming, food, training activity, drill, behavior, etc

And at the end of the training, they do conduct an examination to all the dogs and only those which qualify are put into field activity.

Now, my point is these dogs cannot be compared with other dogs of their own breed which live as lovely pets somewhere.

It is the human skill that train these dogs and make best use of this natural resource for the well being of the society.

Humans make best use of available resources, some to assist him and some to eat as mutton when he wants briyani.

Look at the discipline and training...... Humans deserve kudos

police-dogs-waiting-food-china-1.jpg

Source: google images

Dear Sir,

But still the human depends on the K-9 squad to detect bombs..sniff out narcotics etc.

Why cant humans train fellow humans to do this? Becos a human can never be trusted...a corrupt person would put the entire police dept in danger.

Only dogs are not corrupt and have gratitude.

Humans only know ENCOUNTER and nothing else!LOL

Dear Sir,

But still the human depends on the K-9 squad to detect bombs..sniff out narcotics etc.

Why cant humans train fellow humans to do this? Becos a human can never be trusted...a corrupt person would put the entire police dept in danger.

Mam,

You cannot jump into conclusion and praise the animals.

You know what happens... the other side of the story...

What if one of these animals fells sick.... become a sort of mad...exhibiting more agressive and violent behaviour endangering the lives of other dogs....

Now the issue is about disposal of such sick dogs which cannot be treated for its illness...

No body will come forward to accept and maintain such K-9 even if offered as a 'free gift'.

Even the 'Blue Cross' may not come forward to on the ground that they lacks necessary facility, etc

You may not be knowing how such mad dogs are disposed off as per the rules of the manual.

You will be surprised indeed.

Now, the question is will you accept a mad and sick dog to be groomed as a pet....???

Being a watch dog is different...

Suffering as a real dog is quite different... LOL

Dear Sir,

Mam,

Humans don’t depend on these K-9s

And it is these K-9s depend on human for feeding.

There were days when the Department used to function without Dog squad!

And now there are lot of powerful Explosives and Narcotics hand held detectors available in various brands and prices.

The department don’t depend upon these humble creatures as we have god given brain to invent more sophisticated gadgets to deal with such offences.

If we surrender the dog squad, the question is who will feed these K-9s. One can find them loitering in the streets.

The supremacy of human being lies in making best use of available natural resources.

Humans know where to operate ENCOUNTER and where to apply compassion to deserving and that is free will, which animals lack. LOL

Humans domesticated wolfs to be companions. Humans engineered the traits in dogs that they wanted. Now the guide dogs, therapy dogs, are providing valuable assistance to Humans in need. The dogs we have is not what the dogs wanted, it is what the humans wanted. If they are abandoned some will nor survive, whereas other will survive as Ferrell. The wolfs did not need humans.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back